Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192236 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:32am On May 04, 2023
hustla:

Trying to find the correlation between the subject and listing companies worked for as if we are submitting a CV

Critical thinking is hard sha

undecided

Don't waste your time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:34am On May 04, 2023
Viruses:

What is the name of the company you currently work with?

If you don't mind, please list the other companies you have worked with in UK in reverse chronological order.

One more favour, please list the names of the companies you worked with in Nigeria.

Let's not be selfish.

Thanks.

You surely can do better than this...i mean if i paste name of companies here how will you know that i worked there or that they know who justwise is?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:40am On May 04, 2023
hustla:

I just tire for Nigerians, negativity full people body

You will enter Tesco and see all Indians working there, they obviously all shared info with each other and carry each other along. Na only Nigerians go different, hoarding everything smh

Anywhereworks, EE, Crossover and some others people have dropped in the past all offer remote jobs.
Some of them even ship equipment to you before you start to work with them

I wonder what they're trying to code for as if people who want to apply there won't still be scrutinized or dropped if they don't meet certain criteria

To each his own Sha, I'll not speak further

smiley

Are you surprised that they are doing well in the UK and any other country you found there? Mayor of London, the UK Prime minister, Scottish first minster ...i mean the list go on and on.

The only thing a Nigerian will be quick to connect you with is how to commit crime.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:43am On May 04, 2023
bigtt76:
So worrisome but same behaviour from back home now creeping in here. Another thing that hurts are those ones charging people for information. You come on NL to learn for free, get what you want and next thing you see them advertising one-on-one to 'advise you' eeeeeiiii cheesy Imagine oga Lexus and Justwise monetizing their experience on here ....but meh we all go alright las las. To think the person even came here to solicit advise but didn't see it fit to share speaks volume......whoever you are chop your employer oooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Glad you pointed that out because i know few of them with multiple IDs doing that, i only feel sorry for those contacting in private and getting charged.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2023
peacenaija:

How about the one in PH you wanted to sell for same fees? Seems I'm missing something

Nna...that guy is an all rounder.
Ondo....PH...he may soon have my house address for sale soonest; N4milliom kpere. grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 9:04am On May 04, 2023
Wahalurrr

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Wahalurrr

Make them no go collect her children when she finally lacks, her brain may go ballistic.

She should be calling home not the Internet, even though most times, Internet people might want to make a point with her(using her for content creating) and favour might locate her in the process.

Research b4 you MOVE.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 10:17am On May 04, 2023
bigtt76:
So worrisome but same behaviour from back home now creeping in here. Another thing that hurts are those ones charging people for information. You come on NL to learn for free, get what you want and next thing you see them advertising one-on-one to 'advise you' eeeeeiiii cheesy Imagine oga Lexus and Justwise monetizing their experience on here ....but meh we all go alright las las. To think the person even came here to solicit advise but didn't see it fit to share speaks volume......whoever you are chop your employer oooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, all the information the guy shared is useless because he didn't give out personal data

He gave everything about how to search for the job but it's "behaviour from back home" and "monetizing" because he didn't feel comfortable sharing the name of the Company? He gave detailed steps of how to find it on Indeed, if it's no more there, then the opening has closed, why should people bombard the Company?

Can't you see with the care work stuff he mentioned, it's not even wise to say the Employer name in public?

I better prepare, all the information I share here, the day people ask me for personal data and I don't share, I become "selfish".

The whole thing is not just fair especially with the hustla guy saying that terrible statement of minimum wage and British citizens won't do it, all because he didn't get the Employer name he requested? What kind of bullying is that?

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:26am On May 04, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Nna...that guy is an all rounder.
Ondo....PH...he may soon have my house address for sale soonest; N4milliom kpere. grin

Me I find the whole schtick suspicious sha.

Sounds like laying the groundwork for a confidence acme where someone gives a loan out of pity or something, or pays money for the property.

Apologies if I’m wrong o but I strongly recommend caution.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Drey1: 10:36am On May 04, 2023
lightofjoy:
Hello my people, Nothing like International Driver's licence, you local Nigeria Driving licence is ok. That's what a police office told me. Don't let anyone rob you of you 10k or 20k. Just a contribution.

Thanks jare. Me self fell into those barandaa trap of international license
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 10:42am On May 04, 2023
Solumtoya:

The way some people talk is very funny. He should share the name of his Employer so people start writing mails to them saying "A Nigerian you just recruited informed me there are openings" or such stuff. Let the guy even start first na. He's answering all other questions but you're calling him out because he's refusing to share personal details of his Employer to complete strangers on a public online forum!

I'm sure this company regularly receives and ignores hundreds of CVs and could easily disregard such an email if they weren't interested. Conversely they might still be looking to hire people and be grateful for the free referral/ advertising. Many companies offer incentives for successful candidate referrals.

I popped into a KFC a few months ago and no lie, everyone I saw working there was Indian-ish and speaking the same language. Not a coincidence obviously - it probably started from one person who then opened the door to all his people getting hired. It's really not that big a deal, except that it seems many Nigerians are overly suspicious, negative and judgemental

I see why hustla is a bit miffed cos he and other posters have readily shared company names, links and other info that others, including the OP, have benefited from.

But then again I see why the OP might be reluctant to share the company name publicly if people have been burned by fellow Nigerians moving shady instead of lifting up and supporting one another. Perhaps OP should at least have offered to DM those asking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:36am On May 04, 2023
Santa2:

I know someone that was in same shoes, wife gave birth a few weeks after they landed. She was able to land a remote customer service role . Funny thing is I got the info from this thread and forwarded to them, hubby who also got a 20hour customer service remote role, also got the link from here. Between the two of them while working from home, they have been able to balance school, work and child care
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:56am On May 04, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Wahalurrr

She should just return to Nigeria jejely......... If moving 4ward is proving difficult........ Reversing is the only way 4ward, abi nah backward.........😂😜🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 12:25pm On May 04, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Wahalurrr

Ahahaha squatting alone is easy… but with 2 kids that’s not possible, the 2 kids will definitely take ownership of the house from the actual owners😂😂.

God help her.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jcole123: 1:31pm On May 04, 2023
For those looking for companies that are hiring remote customer service advisor with little or no experience, check these coys out:

https://jobs.foundever.com/job/Kingston-upon-Thames-Customer-Service-Advisor-Kingston-Agen/733090700/

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=c300cd993b4c7cc3&from=serp%2CiaBackPress&prevUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.indeed.com%2Fm%2Fjobs%3Fq%3Dcustomer%2520service%2520advisor%26l%3Dregion%26sc%3D0kf%253Aattr%2528DSQF7%2529%253B%26from%3Dserpso

https://lovesuccess.co.uk/jobs/customer-service-advisor-life-insurance-london/5960-1/

Company 1 and 3 offers fully remote options while Company 2 is a hybrid position

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Treadway: 1:47pm On May 04, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Wahalurrr
the person wey tweet no fit give her money ni...Let her dig deep and pray well well and she'll come up with something..she has gotten to the bridge, somehow somehow she must cross it. Battle for survival/self preservation instincts will kick in. Lexusgs430, awon eyin kan o se pada si mo...don't be shocked plenty debt dey on ground even from naija wey she comot. Well, I hope she swims and not sink.

Tbh, if the husband had come with her, it would be a bit milder.. except of course the guy is dead OR she damned all consequences and left alone with the kids like one idiot did to her husband recently..if na the latter then I feel no pity for her. Wetin be her name sef maybe na the idiot wey I know angry ... although that is unlikely as that ish was only about 2months ago
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Star721: 1:47pm On May 04, 2023
gergemam:

What did you want to know about them? I don visit the school once sha, the school nice and their shoe dey shine.

You go see Job quickly for Newcastle as a student cause nah happening place for North-East of England

I want to also know If blacks are plenty there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Treadway: 1:49pm On May 04, 2023
Jcole123:
For those looking for companies that are hiring remote customer service advisor with little or no experience, check these coys out:

https://jobs.foundever.com/job/Kingston-upon-Thames-Customer-Service-Advisor-Kingston-Agen/733090700/

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=c300cd993b4c7cc3&from=serp%2CiaBackPress&prevUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.indeed.com%2Fm%2Fjobs%3Fq%3Dcustomer%2520service%2520advisor%26l%3Dregion%26sc%3D0kf%253Aattr%2528DSQF7%2529%253B%26from%3Dserpso

https://lovesuccess.co.uk/jobs/customer-service-advisor-life-insurance-london/5960-1/

Company 1 and 3 offers dully remote options while Company 2 is a hybrid position
nice turnaround response....the back and forth regarding this ish can mellow out now😁😎
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:51pm On May 04, 2023
justwise:

You surely can do better than this...i mean if i paste name of companies here how will you know that i worked there or that they know who justwise is?

In your mind you have answered my questions. Now let me tell you the difference between you and the OP.

The OP openly said he will not answer the question, that is from a place of boldness.

You have stylishly dodged the questions, that is from a place of timidity.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 2:02pm On May 04, 2023
Viruses:

In your mind you have answered my questions. Now let me tell you the difference between you and the OP.

The OP openly said he will not answer the question, that is from a place of boldness.

This is only relevant if it was known that justwise's company was hiring and he was directly asked for the company name by someone hoping to try their luck there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 2:32pm On May 04, 2023
You people can fight sha o.

It is well.

Does anyone have any return ticket to Nigeria that is still open ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 2:32pm On May 04, 2023
Viruses:

Zahra29:

This is only relevant if it was known that justwise's company was hiring and he was directly asked for the company name by someone hoping to try their luck there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:38pm On May 04, 2023
Who's near or around Suya Hut / Suya & Lobsters?

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 2:41pm On May 04, 2023
Star721:

I want to also know If blacks are plenty there

I be Black and I dey Newcastle upon Tyne.
Blacks plenty depending on your area.
My village has only Two black families. The others once been here since and them nor dey send us.
We nor dey also send them as we nor keep anybody come Youkay.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 2:53pm On May 04, 2023
Dear IPTV users, grin

Biko which seller or platform is good as the one I tested has limited channels. No MTV, Africa Magic and the likes. A lot of the listed Nigerian stations are overlayed with some foreign low-budget channels sad

Please share names and links of sell with trusted lines.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 04, 2023
Zahra29:

This is why you should read in full before commenting.

At no point did the OP say his company is still recruiting. Maybe they are and maybe not, but he didn’t say that, and yet you are still saying it emphatically as a matter of fact.

The fact is that the presumption that he’s not disclosing it because he doesn’t want to help people is baseless nonsense. If not, then everyone should be sharing their workplace as the start commenting so that we’ll all be helping each other and increasing the number of Nigerians in all our workplaces. Abi?

Some of us don’t mind. I, for instance, have my LinkedIn attached and I operate here with the knowledge that my real life identity is easily ascertainable by anyone. Some people prefer to stay anonymous as is their prerogative.

The whole equation of this thing with Indians and whoever else is also way off point. It’s unrelated to this context. Not being willing to openly declare where you work on a public, searchable forum on the internet is not the same as not being willing to help others get jobs there. Have people DM’d him or so?

The people who are defaulting to the worst interpretation are the ones who are the real problems because all they’ll do is make many people become unwilling to share even more basic details for fear of being asked to potentially reveal their identities or more info than they’re comfortable with sharing on Nairaland, in order not to be tagged selfish.

Anyway, like someone asked, you, justwise, hustla and co should quickly tell us the name of your workplaces so that others can benefit and potentially access these your £80k+ jobs that are not ‘survival jobs Brits don’t want to do’, so that we can be like the Indians. Oya o. Shebi your own workplaces too are recruiting.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2023
Abeg, who dey around Barking o

Na suya dey do me, no be super story

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Progressivegee: 4:27pm On May 04, 2023
hustla:
Abeg, who dey around Barking o

Na suya dey do me, no be super story

grin

Bros, still let the house know the name of your company na make people for fit drop cv down wen dem begin recruit. Abi na only you wan chop the £80k non minimum wage, non survival job wey Brits dey rush? Thanks in Advance for sharing man.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 4:28pm On May 04, 2023
koonbey:

This is why you should read in full before commenting.

At no point did the OP say his company is still recruiting. Maybe they are and maybe not, but he didn’t say that, and yet you are still saying it emphatically as a matter of fact.

Several of your comments are off point as they relate to my posts, so it appears it's you who didn't read properly or in full before commenting.

In any case, OP has kindly shared some company links which will help others. Hustla is currently hustling for some suya grin and I'm not a fan of crying more than the bereaved, so let's allow it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 4:39pm On May 04, 2023
So if I drop a pointer that I got NHS employment and I was seeking some clearance about some things, Una go dey ask me say which Trust ? And if I refuse to mention the Trust, u go tag me selfish?

Is NHS not a big organization recruiting people on a daily basis? Is indeed not a platform where anyone can search for a company doing recruitment?

The guy has tried pointing to where he got his offer already, some won’t even mention anything.

I still see British people do minimum pay jobs on a daily and some would even tell you, Oh I’m okay with what I’m doing, I’m lucky and not complaining.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 4:47pm On May 04, 2023
In ova news....local elections today....still time to vote. Don't forget your ID
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:57pm On May 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Bros, still let the house know the name of your company na make people for fit drop cv down wen dem begin recruit. Abi na only you wan chop the £80k non minimum wage, non survival job wey Brits dey rush? Thanks in Advance for sharing man.

Again, who's around Barking. The suya wan be like e make sense

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.