Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191713 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On May 03, 2023
justwise:

As they are funding the stock and share app the bank warned them as frequent transfer set up and a warning alert.

Greediness played a part as well especially with penny shares, there is the tendency to put more money so as to make huge return.

I also have a portfolio of penny shares (but I know my limits).........

PS are very risky..... Most times, they simply go burst and your money goes πŸ’₯πŸ’₯.......πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:13am On May 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I also have a portfolio of penny shares (but I know my limits).........

PS are very risky..... Most times, they simply go burst and your money goes πŸ’₯πŸ’₯.......πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Yes that is exactly the prob with penny stock, i invested in some, some turns out well while i got hammered in some
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jcole123: 11:08am On May 03, 2023
hustla:

Whats he name of the specific coy? And is it fully remote?

Thanks in advance smiley

Sorry I can't say the name. Yes it's fully remote. The training is also online

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:29am On May 03, 2023
Jcole123:

Sorry I can't say the name Yes it's fully remote. The training is also online

LOL

Even people wey get Β£80K remote jobs dey tell us the company name. Na everything una dey hoard and tight chest for smh

Just dey play grin

+++

For anyone who's interested, BGL Insurance offers remote / hybrid customer service roles

https://www.bglinsurance.co.uk/careers/more-on-careers/search-and-apply/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bostin(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2023
hustla:

LOL

Even people wey get Β£80K remote jobs dey tell us the company name. Na everything una dey hoard and tight chest for smh

Just dey play grin

+++

For anyone who's interested, BGL Insurance offers remote / hybrid customer service roles

You are a kind hearted person . Do you have idea of any Care home that still offers COS to oversea applicants , asking for my sister . Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2023
Bostin:
You are a kind hearted person . Do you have idea of any Care home that still offers COS to oversea applicants , asking for my sister . Thank you

No sir.

I don't know anything about care homes

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:26pm On May 03, 2023
kwell:
Oga Lexusgs430 I’ve been trying to get through to you for the tv activation and subscription package but your number on your page seems inactive.

Did you try WhatsApp or want to pay my roaming charges.........πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jcole123: 1:00pm On May 03, 2023
hustla:

LOL

Just dey play grin

+++

At least make I resume first. I will be more than.
.willing to share every details with the house. Thanks bro for the good job ure doing.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jcole123: 1:01pm On May 03, 2023
hustla:

LOL

Just dey play grin

+++

.willing to share every details with the house. Thanks bro for the good job ure doing.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gmacnoms(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2023
Jcole123:
Hi guys, after much applications for remote customer service jobs, I got a positive feedback from a company. Fully remote. They want me to start immediately but the draw back is that its just a 3 months fixed contract. I don't know if it's okay to quit my full time care job for this one. And I don't know what will happen afterwards.

Please advise
Good afternoon. Does this require customer service job experience? Or anyone can apply for such
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 1:29pm On May 03, 2023
Long time my ogas,

we went for schegen visa interview for second time, travelling is sweet cheesy, these people made sure they siphoned 50gbp each from my spouse and I, in short my cousin too, always looking for flimsy excuses to make you pay for premium lounge, so one missing document or single printing you will pay 50GBP.

I say make I talk am down, so it won't catch anyone unaware

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
Long time my ogas,

we went for schegen visa interview for second time, travelling is sweet cheesy, these people made sure they siphoned 50gbp each from my spouse and I, in short my cousin too, always looking for flimsy excuses to make you pay for premium lounge, so one missing document or single printing you will pay 50GBP.

I say make I talk am down, so it won't catch anyone unaware

Please I have an appointment on Friday and I am still struggling to get flight ticket reservation. How did you navigate this Please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by milkytins(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2023
My collection date was April 28th. Still waiting too. Do we need to go there?
KingDemolah:

I captured on Feb 7th and collection date was April 6th. I'm still waiting till now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dharmie02: 2:34pm On May 03, 2023
Jcole123:

But you have offer already nau bro(lol)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dharmie02: 2:38pm On May 03, 2023
gmacnoms:
Good afternoon. Does this require customer service job experience? Or anyone can apply for such

Accenture offered 50%hybrid after training (customer service advisor role).
Some customer service roles don't require experience. Try use Indeed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gmacnoms(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2023
Dharmie02:

Accenture offered 50%hybrid after training (customer service advisor role).
Some customer service roles don't require experience. Try use Indeed.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 3:24pm On May 03, 2023
Dharmie02:

It's perfectly okay if he doesn't feel comfortable sharing the name of his Employer on Nairaland. He already gave enough info on how to search for the job.

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by worry357: 3:44pm On May 03, 2023
Dharmie02:

Quite rightly he does not want a thousand people from Nigeria bombarding his employer with job applications.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 4:00pm On May 03, 2023
heroshark:

Please I have an appointment on Friday and I am still struggling to get flight ticket reservation. How did you navigate this Please?
Paid someone (website) to reserve it for us
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

That family friend is a gambler and requires rehab......... Who does that....... 🀣😳

Funds you put on the stock market, must be with a long term view....... Even when stocks are under preforming, it's still a floating loss (until you sell a losing position or firm goes belly up).........
I am not totally a fan of this. Long term view is now 7 - 10 years, no longer 3 -5. To invest in the stock market, you need to be an active trader (Buy Low, Sell High - Rinse and Repeat).

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:31pm On May 03, 2023
davide470:
I am not totally a fan of this. Long term view is now 7 - 10 years, no longer 3 -5. To invest in the stock market, you need to be an active trader (Buy Low, Sell High - Rinse and Repeat).

You don't just buy it and sleep on it...... You actively monitor your portfolio and sell, when you feel you have made a healthy margin.......

But investment on the SM, must be with a long term view........ If you want short term gains or total wipe out...... Trade CFD's......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 5:32pm On May 03, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Viruses:

My brother bought some shares in Nigeria like 15 to 20yrs ago. The last time we spoke, I asked him if he has collected dividend, he said he's the one owing the company now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jcole123: 5:36pm On May 03, 2023
gmacnoms:

Yes it does but I do not have any prior UK experience. Anyone can apply if you tweak your Cv to mean proffering solution to customers in whatever capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gmacnoms(m): 5:53pm On May 03, 2023
Jcole123:

Yes it does but I do not have any prior UK experience. Anyone can apply if you tweak your Cv to mean proffering solution to customers in whatever capacity.
Thanks for this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:12pm On May 03, 2023
worry357:

Quite rightly he does not want a thousand people from Nigeria bombarding his employer with job applications.

Quite rightly wetin? A job that was advertised on the internet??

Haba naw, why una dey think like this? Do you have an idea how many people visit indeed and co daily to apply for those jobs?

If you're hoarding links to minimum wage, survival jobs that a lot of British citizens don't even want to do, what will you do if it's a Β£100K/year job?

Very dangerous mindset. Second hand shame dey catch me on your behalf shocked

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 6:13pm On May 03, 2023
Will it be okay to say one is inviting one's parent to come and see their grandchildren?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2023
Lol, I still dey chop dividends from Mtn share wey I wink wink grin bought some years back.
Viruses:

My brother bought some shares in Nigeria like 15 to 20yrs ago. The last time we spoke, I asked him if he has collected dividend, he said he's the one owing the company now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2023
Yes, now.
babajeje123:
Will it be okay to say one is inviting one's parent to come and see their grandchildren?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2023
I've always put it on their applications (parent or PIL) with no issues.

babajeje123:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harddrive2012: 6:34pm On May 03, 2023
Good evening,

I recently got a customer service offer with bill gosling outsourcing(BGO) and Barclays. Barclays salary is just about Β£2k higher than BGO. Both are hybrid(1 day in the office for BGO and 2 days in the office for Barclays).
Which would you advise I choose for growth opportunities and possibly future opportunities to switch if I have more qualifications and wishes to change career from Customer Service role.

Secondly, does direct debit on online banks like Revolut count towards credit score ? Or it must be Main Street Bank ?

Lastly please, if we pay rent using my partner bank account, is there a way both of us can benefit from credit score boosting through rent reporting ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 6:43pm On May 03, 2023
hustla:

Quite rightly wetin? A job that was advertised on the internet??

Haba naw, why una dey think like this? Do you have an idea how many people visit indeed and co daily to apply for those jobs?

If you're hoarding links to minimum wage, survival jobs that a lot of British citizens don't even want to do, what will you do if it's a Β£100K/year job?

Very dangerous mindset. Second hand shame dey catch me on your behalf shocked
It’s not any dangerous mindset, no dey guilt trip people into sharing information they don’t want to share. The person mentioned Indeed, that alone is enough. When he resumes the job, he fit share the info or he fit no share, it’s his prerogative. Abeg live and let live.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.