Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? (7527 Views)

4 Solid Lies Men Tell To Get S.ex From Women… / 4 Solid Reasons You Should Marry An Igbo Lady / 3 Solid Reasons U Must Avoid Pre-marital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by tofeenab(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2011
1. Respect
2. Communication.
3. Trust.
4. God.
5. Sex.

If u have it in that order i bet u nothin can go wrong.
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by xezoid(m): 4:53pm On May 21, 2011
ok myne goes like this
a. LUV-seriously if he or she doesnt tug ur heart strings,is it really worth it?,always settle for some1 who makes u feel fulfiled and stuff like dat not 1 u tolerate and secretly wish u could do away with
b. TRUST-seriously needed nowadays,i dont wanna hear any stories about him or her,u should let d person knw it all even a horrid past filled with alot of exs,its hard but without this any r/ship is not usually it
c. RESPONSIBILTY-both parties should b responsible people and people who take responsibility,neva settle for som1 who seems 2 b making it but his/her success are unexplainable and som1 who dosent take responsibilty for what they do
d. RESPECT-gotta respect him or her in whateva he or she does especially in their judgement,their views on life and their privacy
e. FORGIVENESS-neva stay with som1 whose vindictive or neva lets things go,its bound to ruin d r/ship sooner or leta

i think these are d basic things needed oda can spring from it eg 4rm luv-devotion,trust-true communication(becos u trust the person),responsibility-maturity,resilience in hard times during the r/ship etc,respect-tolerance and understanding,forgiveness-adds strength and longevity to a good relatnship

P.S-sex is good but not a foundation and is an aspect of relatnship best left until marriage.1-night stands,flings,passionate affairs do not really last and is just really worth the hype,i'm a conventional and traditional sort of guy and d above thngs are my considerations for a gud relatnship
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 21, 2011
Sex,
great sex wink
good sex,
more sex, wink
better sex, kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by 190: 5:35pm On May 21, 2011
Brand_new:

Sex,
great sex wink
good sex,
more sex, wink

cool cool
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Texther(m): 5:47pm On May 21, 2011
Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by 190: 5:55pm On May 21, 2011
Texther:

Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex

cool cool
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by seedord247(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2011
Condonm
Brazillian hair
Regular Sex (atleast 5 times in a week and different kind of style. . . . Mouth Action, 69 position, Missionary Style and Doggy)
Shopping ( going to places like Silverbird, Ozone centers, Shop- Rite, Mcdonald e.t.c)
Regular IM( Calling, Pinging on BB, YM Chat, FB chat)
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by 190: 6:19pm On May 21, 2011
seedord247:

Condonm
Brazillian hair
Regular Sex (atleast 5 times in a week and different kind of style. . . . fluting, 69 position, Missionary Style and canine)
Shopping ( going to places like Silverbird, Ozone centers, Shop- Rite, Mcdonald e.t.c)
Regular IM( Calling, Pinging on BB, YM Chat, FB chat)

cry cry cry
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 21, 2011
Texther:

Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex

Brand_new:

Sex,
great sex wink
good sex,
more sex, wink

NAWA OH, IS SEX SO SWEET AND UNAVOIDABLE LIKE DT? JUST WONDERING
SEX SEX SEX, hmmmmmmmm
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by bidemi12(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2011
Sex

trust

sex

honesy

sex
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Orikinla(m): 8:27pm On May 21, 2011
HONESTY.
FIDELITY.
DILIGENCE.
HUMILITY.
INTELLIGENCE.
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 21, 2011
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

TRUST
MONEY
LOVE
OPEN COMMUNICATION
AND VERY GOOD SEX
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Akosbaba(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2011
trust,love,understanding
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Dotman01(m): 11:40pm On May 21, 2011
1. money
2. sex
3. money
4. sex
5. money
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by cantell(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2011
Dotman01:

1. money
2. sex
3. money
4. sex
5. money
Gbam!
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by samoks(m): 12:28am On May 22, 2011
Sharing responsibilities,
Love,
Honesty,
Care, and
Respect
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by viewlekan: 12:28am On May 22, 2011
Sagamite:

Respect (Most Naija girls fail on this)
Fun
Sexiness
Tranquility (I like and I am used my solitude and time for intellectual meditation, leave me alone and stop seeking attention 24 hours)
Role Identification (I am unashamedly Alpha-male, if that is the role you want, it is best you are not in a relationship with me. Go and look for a metro-sexual, dem plenty.)

Nice one and well thought points there but my concerns are twofold :

(1) Balancing those 5 variables you outlined without contradictions, for e.g. how can you achieve tranquility based on your definition as (leave me alone time) without jeopardising respect ( which you haven't defined) but I would assume it will be  a sort of mutuality in the relationship where there are elements of equality.

(2) I love your honesty about been an Alpha male, how do you think that would impact on the dynamics of a relationship when when one party expresses dominance over the other without having consequences.
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by YoruIgbo(m): 1:33am On May 22, 2011
This actually tells me how spoilt all of una dey!! Haba, sex here sex there, this is too bad!! for me the 5 foundation is as follows

1)Use Lies to convince her on first day

2)Dress well on first outing even if it mean borrowing the dress grin

3) Flash money or take loan to impress

4) Good Sex and this will include Mouth Action and heading using tongue and toys where applicable

5) Drive a good car and live in a Nice house

If you do the above your woman will now demonstrate the following

She will be honest
She will love you
She will care
and above all she will respect you.

This model works grin cheesy because I'm a living witness
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by zstranger: 2:36am On May 22, 2011
Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex
and more Sex!

Nothing else matters!

And more sex

And even more sex

I love sex, no be small
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Nobody: 2:59am On May 22, 2011
have i got any at all? undecided
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by MsPotato(f): 4:41am On May 22, 2011
Mine is:

Understanding
Trust
Know where is your stands (
Love
Sex
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by YoruIgbo(m): 5:51am On May 22, 2011
Black Men and Sex grin grin Na wah o, I sure if Adam was a Nigerian, he won't have waited for Eve to give him the apple, He would have gone for the apple directly in fact the story would have been ' And Adam requested Eve to give him the apple immediately!!! but eve refused then he brushed her and took the apple by force , Naija men na totex go kill us o cheesy grin cheesy grin

Damn but the thing sweet no be small, no sugar, no salt, no pepper, no oil and still e sweet pass anything. I no blame people wey write sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, and more sex

I remember one Yoruba man from Oyo enter beer parlour and instead of Maltex drink requested for Malsex cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by MsPotato(f): 11:13am On May 22, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Black Men and Sex grin grin Na wah o, I sure if Adam was a Nigerian, he won't have waited for Eve to give him the apple, He would have gone for the apple directly in fact the story would have been ' And Adam requested Eve to give him the apple immediately!!! but eve refused then he brushed her and took the apple by force , Naija men na totex go kill us o cheesy grin cheesy grin

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Onchedu(m): 11:54am On May 22, 2011
Since it's limited to just five, mine are:
Friendship, trust, respect, understanding & Love.
in that order.
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Beync(f): 12:01pm On May 22, 2011
Love
Respect
Understanding
Trust
And most importantly God.
When you have God in relationship, your problems will become few, Tested and confirmed.
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2011
viewlekan:

Nice one and well thought points there but my concerns are twofold :

(1) Balancing those 5 variables you outlined without contradictions, for e.g. how can you achieve tranquility based on your definition as (leave me alone time) without jeopardising respect ( which you haven't defined) but I would assume it will be  a sort of mutuality in the relationship where there are elements of equality.

Haba! How tranquility wan get kwanta with respect?

Respect - We should watch the way we talk to each other. Don't behave like a hoodrat with Ghetto Black Woman Aggression like one sees with some black girls in UK. Don't play silly mind games that are disparaging as one sees with some black chics (especially West African and Nigerian in particular). Southern and East African women are just so delightfully respectful. She is allowed to be annoyed sometimes and even on rare occasions can insult and throw the kitchen sink but it should be far far between in occurrence, not a habit. I on the other hand should not be talking down to her.

Tranquility - There is nothing disrespectful in saying leave me alone in silence to watch the news, watch documentaries or reading something that nourishes my mind. There are so many girls that if you are not focusing on them for a second, they feel abandoned. Most times it is because they are infatuated with you and really enjoy your company (which is a nice thing) but as much as I am an extreme extrovert, most times I like being and I am used to being in the nirvana of solitude as I like to read and nourish my knowledge. If you do a DILO of me, I spend far more time being quiet and thinking than communicating in any form. One of the reasons I choose not to get a BB (or be on Facebook), people always want your BB pin and having instant and constant access to you. That does not appeal to me one iota. undecided

viewlekan:

(2) I love your honesty about been an Alpha male, how do you think that would impact on the dynamics of a relationship when when one party expresses dominance over the other without having consequences.

I have no interest in dominating over anybody.

I only want to dominate over my life. Most women will continuously try and change you. Being with a man is a challenge and project to them that really never stops.

If anyone has interest to be in my life, they should know I will maintain control over my life and any other activities/process that might impact us jointly. What only impacts her she should have control over. She can ask for advice but I have no interest dictating to her about her life. If she can not handle me being in control (most times) of things that jointly impact us, she would do far far better finding another guy.

It is not dominance without consequence, in the relationship we are partners. I am just Senior/Managing Partner and she is Junior Partner. I am CEO, she is COO.

For a woman to be in my life she must be adding value. I go for a woman because she is feminine, I am not looking for a She-male. If she can't conduct the activities that are effeminate and of little interest to men, then there is no point of her being in my life especially considering the pile of BS (nagging, transfer of their insecurities, silly arguments etc) they naturally and inevitably bring with them in a relationship. These BS need to be balanced with other contributions (e.g. cooking, cleaning) to be worth my time. At the end of the day, it is the woman that is more interested in companionship, not the man. So make sure it is worth it for the man.

That is Alpha Male.
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by denaija(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2011
money
money
money
money
love
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by shagaman: 12:58pm On May 22, 2011
Understanding
Trust

Alomo + power Horse = Fantastic Sex , grin
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by SUPASTAR: 1:26pm On May 22, 2011
Love
Trust
Beauty of the Hrt
Dynamic ways of doing things(else I get bored with time)
Bin my all in all
Re: What Are Your "five Foundations" Of A Solid Relationship? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 22, 2011
FROM MY EXPERIENCE, ITS JUST 4 THINGS

GOOD LOVE

GOOD MONEY

SEXY PARTNER

AND GREAT SEX

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get A Woman Sleep With You. / Ladies: Will You Have Sex With Your Boyfriend In His Friend's Apartment / Man Cheating Vs Woman Cheating. Which Is Worse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.