Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors (11276 Views)

Resident Doctors To Escalate Strike As FG Issues "No Work, No Pay" Directive / NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Nukilia: 6:07am On Aug 27, 2021
chinjo:
What else do you expect when you have a fool like Ngige as the minister of Labour.

You are mad! Who employed Ngige to carry out this exercise?

grin grin grin
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by AfroKnight: 6:07am On Aug 27, 2021
Saudi Arabia opened shop in your compound to employ your doctors and you’re still saying no work no pay.

These politicians don’t know that if health care professionals are frustrated out of the country, there will be a lot of funerals in their families.

Also, who will mentor the next generation of health care professionals?

This government is playing with people’s lives.

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by TeamLeader(m): 6:08am On Aug 27, 2021
We are finished in this country. Jesus can you please come now abeg

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Jack005(m): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2021
Buhari is a curse to Nigerians and Nigeria.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Nukilia: 6:09am On Aug 27, 2021
tuoyoojo:
The brain drain that is happening in Nigeria would be felt very well in a few years to come after this lifeless govt has left
They pay hazard allowance of 5,000 to doctors and pay hardship allowance in millions to senators
We do not have our priorities right at all in this country
As Ngige and co nor dey patronize Dr for Nigeria, thats is y they are doing this
But they have families who would need access to medical facilities at one time or another. What goes around, comes around

Both the supporters of this government and the opposition will feel the effect of this disastrous government
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by lonelydora: 6:15am On Aug 27, 2021
thesicilian:

He was already the worst president in the history of Nigeria before he was rigged into power by hungry and selfish Nigerians in 2015. By 2019 he broke the record again but they turned a blind eye and rigged him again into power. Tell me why everyone will not keep suffering?

My dear, somehow somehow I think we deserve all these sufferings.

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:18am On Aug 27, 2021
No work no pay for wat??!!!!

If government had not renegade on its promises(memorandum of action), there wouldn't ve being any strike in the first place
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Budiok: 6:23am On Aug 27, 2021
Saudi money awaits
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by tolaade1960: 6:25am On Aug 27, 2021
THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE RESOLVED TO SAVE LIVES.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by emmanuelbrown26: 6:31am On Aug 27, 2021
Earthquakes:
If UK doctors are treated like Nigerians doctors, would buhari still be going to London hospitals??

As all our experience doctors are migrating to UK, US, Canada and Saudi Arabia, very soon only fresh graduate will remain to treat illness that is older than them
Exactly what I have being telling people around. It has started happening with evidence.
I am a physiotherapist and I do visit some of pharmacist around, could u believe that a doctor prescribed a particular drug 1 TBD and that particular drug is 1daily.
the only thing is that they just want to enrich morticians, I see more death very soo
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by prigoz(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2021
lonelydora:
Buhari will go down in history as the worst President of Nigeria.
Sorry, he is already the worst but he wants to make record as in the universe as the worst

2 Likes

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by ikllbrokehoes(m): 6:41am On Aug 27, 2021
These guys should move to saner climes that appreciates them more, just like what a cousin of mine did and now he's very rich, Nigerian government is a total disaster
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Tayorshd2(m): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2021
lonelydora:
Buhari will go down in history as the worst President of Nigeria.
Am telling u d worst ever

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Tayorshd2(m): 6:47am On Aug 27, 2021
AfroKnight:
Saudi Arabia opened shop in your compound to employ your doctors and you’re still saying no work no pay.

These politicians don’t know that if health care professionals are frustrated out of the country, there will be a lot of funerals in their families.

Also, who will mentor the next generation of health care professionals?

This government is playing with people’s lives.

Am telling you and an adage says d back horse will look at the one in front before following it's foot step... So wat do they want the young generation to b like?

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by NorthernSerene(m): 6:54am On Aug 27, 2021
dubaino:
This doctors sef.... e Don do for them.
Thank you so much for this wonderful comment. Most of Nigerian doctors are selfish and wicked.

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by wabbyland(m): 6:54am On Aug 27, 2021
As a government employee, I feel this would have been the right time for johesu to finish off this useless government but mumu no go gree dem think. 5000 for hazard allowance and 1 million for hardship allowance for senators, house of reps, and commissioners. Very useless and curropt government
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by NairaMaster1(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2021
ebner70:
After the president asked Ngige to set aside all technicalities to stop this strike, Ministers of health and Labour remain adamant and causing more deaths of innocent Nigerians.

It doesn't affect them. No work no pay will further compound the issues because withholding salaries will lead to another strike in future.

If Buhari was competent he would have since sacked the two ministers for gross incompetence.

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by NairaMaster1(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2021
ebner70:
After the president asked Ngige to set aside all technicalities to stop this strike, Ministers of health and Labour remain adamant and causing more deaths of innocent Nigerians.

It doesn't affect them. No work no pay will further compound the issues because withholding salaries will lead to another strike in future.

If Buhari was competent he would have since sacked the two ministers for gross incompetence.

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Goldbw122(m): 7:56am On Aug 27, 2021
Nigeria na cruise
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Goldbw122(m): 7:57am On Aug 27, 2021
You dont see things like this in other country.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Ub8956(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2021
dubaino:
E don do for them how?
Resident doctors that has private clinics where they referred patients from gov.hospitals to? Or the ones your political officers go with tinted glass cars to get treatment? Las las fed.gov will still settle them and call them to resumed. Have you seen any doctors complaining like the ASUU teachers they where forced to ride keke to survive? Those ones are home, some visiting their private and colleagues clinics and infact enjoying it. Am telling you the truth. Me as a medical student want to even travel out also. Let they looting politicians treat their citizens.
Even before strike, doctors keep referring to their private clinics_ how much more now? Appointing ill leaders to run the affairs of a country ends in chaos and embarrassment. While former president GJ appoint intelligent beings into system,dollar rate didn't reach 360naira,now see Naira! The world knows Nigeria has one of the best doctors in the world,allow them to go wherever a good governing system needs them. USA, Britain, Canada,South Africa will all be laughing fed.gov now.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2021
[quote author=dubaino post=105218760]This doctors sef.... e Don do for them. Abi. Do you have any doctor as a relative? Studying medicine is not easy dear. They deserve their request
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Picardor2: 8:09am On Aug 27, 2021
dubaino:
Wetin the Drs do u?
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Reference(m): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2021
tuoyoojo:
The brain drain that is happening in Nigeria would be felt very well in a few years to come after this lifeless govt has left

They pay hazard allowance of 5,000 to doctors and pay hardship allowance in millions to senators

We do not have our priorities right at all in this country

As Ngige and co nor dey patronize Dr for Nigeria, thats is y they are doing this

But they have families who would need access to medical facilities at one time or another.

What goes around, comes around

N5,000 is nonsense.compared to the amount doctors spend on thmeselves and their family to protect themselves from communucable diseases.

Children of doctors and other frontline medical personnel are notorious for catching 'stuff' and the home will often become another dispensary.

During the height of Covid last year most doctors were spending thousands every week to protect themselves and sanitize their environments over above the paltry, haphazard response of government.

Thr situation is just terrible. Healthcare in Nigeria is just not the priority of this government and apprently the citizens who refuse to back the doctors with strong demands to government for concerted action. We donot value our healthcare until IT HAPPENS to us as individuals then we begin to blame one another.

I tell you folks. Even if you have the resources for health tourism the day you break down you will need the Nigerian doctor to stabilise you before medivac. Europe is 5 hours away.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2021
NorthernSerene:
Thank you so much for this wonderful comment. Most of Nigerian doctors are selfish and wicked.
Why won't it be a wonderful comment to you, na abokii you be nah. Idiiot, you expect them to work without pay while your politicians earn millions for doing nothing. I know how much my babe who is a nurse complains about aches and pains from standing during the course of her work. My happiness is that all of us; Christian and Muslim, North and South, APC and PDP, na we all go suffer am las las
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Picardor2: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2021
NorthernSerene:
That's a stupid comment if u ask me. These Drs have been requesting for what is due to them for 5yrs. There request has never changed buh the government keeps dribbling Dem with signing memorandums upon memorandums and becos of the empathy they have for the citizens they go back to work. This time they say no no until it is done to prevent further strikes and ur here supporting nonsense. Leave this guy's to survive jor. They are humans too
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Picardor2: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2021
Doctors are humans too. They have families Nigige. Pay them jor.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by tuoyoojo(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2021
Reference:

N5,000 is nonsense.compared to the amount doctors spend on thmeselves and their family to protect themselves from communucable diseases.

Children of doctors and other frontline medical personnel are notorious for catching 'stuff' and the home will often become another dispensary.

During the height of Covid last year most doctors were spending thousands every week to protect themselves and sanitize their environments over above the paltry, haphazard response of government.

Thr situation is just terrible. Healthcare in Nigeria is just not the priority of this government and apprently the citizens who refuse to back the doctors with strong demands to government for concerted action. We donot value our healthcare until IT HAPPENS to us as individuals then we begin to blame one another.

I tell you folks. Even if you have the resources for health tourism the day you break down you will need the Nigerian doctor to stabilise you before medivac. Europe is 5 hours away.

No truer words have been spoken

This rot in d health care system would come back to bite every one in one way or another.... It is just a matter of time
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by tuoyoojo(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

Why won't it be a wonderful comment to you, na abokii you be nah. Idiiot, you expect them to work without pay while your politicians earn millions for doing nothing. I know how much my babe who is a nurse complains about aches and pains from standing during the course of her work. My happiness is that all of us; Christian and Muslim, North and South, APC and PDP, na we all go suffer am las las

Thank you boss
As long as there is no special market for APC and PDP, Muslims and Christians
Let us enjoy the change together

Every one would feel the heat together, one way or another

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by tuoyoojo(m): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

Thank you boss
As long as there is no special market for APC and PDP, Muslims and Christians
Let us enjoy the change together

Every one would feel the heat together, one way or another

We dey together

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bodyform Responds To Facebook Comment About Periods / Skin Lightening Product That Works: ! / How To Cure Stomach Ulcer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.