Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors (11275 Views)

Resident Doctors To Escalate Strike As FG Issues "No Work, No Pay" Directive / NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by angiography(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Exactly what I have being telling people around. It has started happening with evidence.
I am a physiotherapist and I do visit some of pharmacist around, could u believe that a doctor prescribed a particular drug 1 TBD and that particular drug is 1daily.
the only thing is that they just want to enrich morticians, I see more death very soo

Lol... So, you think the TBD was wrong?? You're really showing your level of education �. That order was made for a pharmacist to interpret. If she was good enough, she would understand why the doctor wrote TBD

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by emmanuelbrown26: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2021
angiography:

Lol... So, you think the TBD was wrong?? You're really showing your level of education �. That order was made for a pharmacist to interpret. If she was good enough, she would understand why the doctor wrote TBD
Oga we are talking about dynamogen. If u are science inclined or have taken dynamogen go ask dosage of dynamogen. Dynamogen is not something to be taken 3 times daily
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by MT: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2021
Ub8956:

E don do for them how?
Resident doctors that has private clinics where they referred patients from gov.hospitals to? Or the ones your political officers go with tinted glass cars to get treatment? Las las fed.gov will still settle them and call them to resumed. Have you seen any doctors complaining like the ASUU teachers they where forced to ride keke to survive? Those ones are home, some visiting their private and colleagues clinics and infact enjoying it. Am telling you the truth. Me as a medical student want to even travel out also. Let they looting politicians treat their citizens.
Even before strike, doctors keep referring to their private clinics_ how much more now? Appointing ill leaders to run the affairs of a country ends in chaos and embarrassment. While former president GJ appoint intelligent beings into system,dollar rate didn't reach 360naira,now see Naira! The world knows Nigeria has one of the best doctors in the world,allow them to go wherever a good governing system needs them. USA, Britain, Canada,South Africa will all be laughing fed.gov now.

This one of the reasons I won't be sympathetic to the doctors. They refer patients to their private clinics while abandoning the patients at the public hospital.where they earn salaries. They give mediocre treatment to patient in the public hospitals. They are greedy and selfish.

It's not easy to.practice as a doctor in the US and Canada, that I know. Most of the Nigeria doctors there end up driving Uber. Go find out
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by onyxo76(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2021
NorthernSerene:
Thank you so much for this wonderful comment. Most of Nigerian doctors are selfish and wicked.
selfish like how? can you work for close to 19 months without pay? abi doctors no get bill to pay?
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by NorthernSerene(m): 9:32am On Aug 27, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

Why won't it be a wonderful comment to you, na abokii you be nah. Idiiot, you expect them to work without pay while your politicians earn millions for doing nothing. I know how much my babe who is a nurse complains about aches and pains from standing during the course of her work. My happiness is that all of us; Christian and Muslim, North and South, APC and PDP, na we all go suffer am las las
Hmm! See this one, imagine if this one is been given a chance to run the country. Racist?
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Mentholated: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Oga we are talking about dynamogen. If u are science inclined or have taken dynamogen go ask dosage of dynamogen. Dynamogen is not something to be taken 3 times daily
Dynamogen can be taken 3 times a day.

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Alexaonfleek: 10:41am On Aug 27, 2021
NorthernSerene:
Thank you so much for this wonderful comment. Most of Nigerian doctors are selfish and wicked.
Very good
Your unselfish native doctors will attend to you

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by emmanuelbrown26: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2021
Mentholated:

Dynamogen can be taken 3 times a day.
HV u taken it before? If yes, can u recommend 3 times daily?
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by angiography(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Loool...it's the ignorance thinking that TBD means TDS shocked

Ignorance is bad, what's worse is willful ignorance. It's essentially incurable

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by MrEgghead(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

You're a physiotherapist and you claim to know more than a Doctor that prescribed it. Do you know the patient's illness and why he prescribed it?
There's a reason he's called a Medical doctor.

It's only a pharmacist that has the right to vet doctor's prescription and not a physiotherapist.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by MrEgghead(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2021
angiography:

Loool...it's the ignorance thinking that TBD means TDS shocked

Ignorance is bad, what's worse is willful ignorance. It's essentially incurable
Just leave him alone, these people just take Doctors for granted.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by emmanuelbrown26: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
MrEgghead:
You're a physiotherapist and you claim to know more than a Doctor that prescribed it. Do you know the patient's illness and why he prescribed it?
There's a reason he's called a Medical doctor.

It's only a pharmacist that has the right to vet doctor's prescription and not a physiotherapist.
Well u are right I'm not a doctor, but can u prescribe or advice somebody to take dynamogen 3 times daily?
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Blurpy: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2021
Dynamogen is an appetite stimulant and it is taken 10mls three times daily.
PS:- I'm a Pharmacist
emmanuelbrown26:

Well u are right I'm not a doctor, but can u prescribe or advice somebody to take dynamogen 3 times daily?
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by delana(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
MT:

This one of the reasons I won't be sympathetic to the doctors. They refer patients to their private clinics while abandoning the patients at the public hospital.where they earn salaries. They give mediocre treatment to patient in the public hospitals. They are greedy and selfish.

It's not easy to.practice as a doctor in the US and Canada, that I know. Most of the Nigeria doctors there end up driving Uber. Go find out
Haba, most Nigerian doctors drive uber in US, you guys should stop saying things you can't verify. How would someone spend almost 4-5 million to write Usmle , only to drive uber. That's terrible information you have there.

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Susily(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
MT:

Your statistics is not correct. Most Nigerian doctors are doing fine in US and Canada

I know you view Nigerian doctors in a bad light but get your facts straight
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
FarinJini:
"We will stop medical tourism" see am now
will deny that his darling daddy ever said this. Yet see how the elites are flying out to treat ordinary headache.

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by taiwolomo1: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
chinjo:
What else do you expect when you have a fool like Ngige as the minister of Labour.
. Really Big fool he is
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by goodheart02(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
tuoyoojo:
The brain drain that is happening in Nigeria would be felt very well in a few years to come after this lifeless govt has left

They pay hazard allowance of 5,000 to doctors and pay hardship allowance in millions to senators

We do not have our priorities right at all in this country

As Ngige and co nor dey patronize Dr for Nigeria, thats is y they are doing this

But they have families who would need access to medical facilities at one time or another.

What goes around, comes around

Ngige himself is doctor and i wonder why he's so insensitive to the doctors plight
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by tuoyoojo(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
goodheart02:

Ngige himself is doctor and i wonder why he's so insensitive to the doctors plight

It is a baffling question that I find hard to comprehend. Maybe he is trying to please his paymaster as he is their mouth piece... That is if you permit me to play the devil's advocate.

But generally, people have very short memory. When they ascend to a big post they "marsh" on others forgetting that he would not be there forever and posterity would not be fair for him

But this world revolves, every action or inaction by those in govt would come back to meet us, whether good or bad

1 Like

Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
delana:

Haba, most Nigerian doctors drive uber in US, you guys should stop saying things you can't verify. How would someone spend almost 4-5 million to write Usmle , only to drive uber. That's terrible information you have there.
Not all pass and passing doesn't guarantee residency. Without residency, you can't go into the medical practice.
Its not a lie, it's the fact.
Many turn into nursing, soem I to some other diplomas in medical science like HCA, respiratory tech, etc.
Any medic who wants to leave naija should go the UK route.
Go USA if only you are extremely intelligent, smart and diligent cos matching isn't easy. I didn't talk about the money too, its crazily intensive financially
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by delana(m): 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
anastasius:

Not all pass and passing doesn't guarantee residency. Without residency, you can't go into the medical practice.
Its not a lie, it's the fact.
Many turn into nursing, soem I to some other diplomas in medical science like HCA, respiratory tech, etc.
Any medic who wants to leave naija should go the UK route.
Go USA if only you are extremely intelligent, smart and diligent cos matching isn't easy. I didn't talk about the money too, its crazily intensive financially
I never said passing usmle guarantee matching into a program, I only disproved your statement about majority being Uber drivers.
What you have stated isn't wrong at all but my emphasy is on the word "Most " ,that's wrong and for matching, it's a bit easier to match into less competitive specialties like Family Medicine, Internal Medicine , and maybe OBGYN. Nonetheless, what makes the process tedious is the fact that they consider other things like publications and research experience when selecting candidates.
Re: The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2021
delana:

I never said passing usmle guarantee matching into a program, I only disproved your statement about majority being Uber drivers.
What you have stated isn't wrong at all but my emphasy is on the word "Most " ,that's wrong and for matching, it's a bit easier to match into less competitive specialties like Family Medicine, Internal Medicine , and maybe OBGYN. Nonetheless, what makes the process tedious is the fact that they consider other things like publications and research experience when selecting candidates.
I wasn't the one talking about uber.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26 Soldiers Test Positive For COVID-19 As Army Fumigates Headquarters / Bodyform Responds To Facebook Comment About Periods / Skin Lightening Product That Works: !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.