Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? (1821 Views)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
You and I know what the society has turned into. There are standby pedophiles waiting to ruin every gullible child in the puberty!

Coming to think that my dad actually bought one (smartphone wasn't then) for my sis when she entered SS3 then, and comparing it to now is so not adding up.

I just saw a JSS2 girl whose parents have refused buying a phone for borrowing one from another girl to call her boyfriend! How can I tell? Oh, fam, what does the “you too” signature infer after the call with an overjoyed tone?

I understand there is really no way to prevent a child who has destined themselves to be useless...but does it mean there shouldn't be limitations?

I know of another teenager who ...clearly tells her parents she is going for evening choir classes..but enter Edu’s apartment 24/7! Of course, we hear the choir ringtones! We also know Edu!

Have parents lost their roles completely? I don't want to think so.

What do you think?

When is it best to purchase a phone for a girl child, and what measures must be put in place because it looks like until we train the girl child first, this generation is losing it completely?!
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
Please drop your views.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Hezzyluv: 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Just buy fone for her when she start telling you she needs one or when you notice it. If not she go spread her legs buy fone for herself, then conceal it from you.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hezzyluv:
Just buy fone for her when she start telling you she needs one or when you notice it. If not she go spread her legs buy fone for herself, then conceal it from you.

Age?
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by greatbrian(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
Have never prayed for a girl child. How many guys will I have to shoot to show how protective o can be
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Hezzyluv: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Age?

I fink there should be one constant phone at home. 2me, if she starts secondary school. But likely, the school may not allow students use fone. "So the one for house go sav her"
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
greatbrian:
Have never prayed for a girl child. How many guys will I have to shoot to show how protective o can be

Female children require more care during upbringing. You know, they are mostly deceived and victimized.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by WoundedLamb: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
The same age as the boy child.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I fink there should be one constant phone at home. 2me, if she starts secondary school. But likely, the school may not allow students use fone. "So the one for house go sav her"

I feel they should be taught sex education at a very near-puberty age and the dangers of how you'll disown her if she fccks up.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Kingpin1000: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
The age your conscience tells you, she is old enough to take a di*k and it will be no big deal.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Hezzyluv: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

I feel they should be taught sex education at a very near-puberty age and the dangers of how you'll disown her if she fccks up.

Yes... But humanz are so so unpredictable, and for the female folks, "na only God go save person"
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
Best when she's stepping into the higher institution irrespective of the age
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by GboyegaD(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
Society matters. For the Nigerian Society, it is difficult because there are so many economic challenges which makes having a phone (a good one at that) seem like a big deal. Otherwise, at 10, it is okay for a child to has his her phone however, parents should set control limits on them.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Until she's done with her university education to avoid distractions. However, he can get her the "tor no si obe" kinda phone ( torch) for communication purpose. Anything more than that will only make her lose forcus in her studies.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Heartheart: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hezzyluv:
why will u pray for one. You dey fear karma for what u have done to other people’s daughters.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by mardis: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
Well, for me i will buy my daughter phone when she's through with her secondary education that is o'level, i will promise her, if she study well and pass all her examinations, i will not only buy phone but ipad and laptop self. Main while, i will make mine available to her when she wants to do any educational stuff online. Whereas there is a torch light phone at home which will serve as landline.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:
The same age as the boy child.

Like? See question. When to buy a phone for the girl child or when to buy a phone for a child?

Mtchew.

Oh, and it's so crazy how you people always come up with these suggestive, protective and paternalistic feelings over the girl child and 'fear' for her corruption, but when same girls grow and say they've been abused, you tag them liars and oloshos. If you knew how "unsafe" the world is for the girl child, why do you disbelieve or shame them when they are older? Is it not the girls of today that grow to be the women of tomorrow?

Nonsense and fake concern and pseudo-moralistic posturings.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Like? See question. When to buy a phone for the girl child or when to buy a phone for a child?

Mtchew.

Oh, and it's so crazy how you people always come up with these suggestive, protective and paternalistic feelings over the girl child and 'fear' for her corruption, but when same girls grow and say they've been abused, you tag them liars and oloshos. If you knew how "unsafe" the world is for the girl child, why do you disbelieve or shame them when they are older? Is it not the girls of today that grow to be the women of tomorrow?

Nonsense and fake concern and pseudo-moralistic posturings.

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Female children require more care during upbringing. You know, they are mostly deceived and victimized.

You always do this a lot. Today you're sharing 'infantilising' views about women, tomorrow, you're laying blame at their feet.

Continue. Continue teaching and schooling and grooming ladies about how to hide their 'monies' in different cracks and holes and pockets in the home, while the doors and gates are left wide open for thieves to enter.

If you no understand, na ontop your head that one dey. If you like, do. Don't care.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
Magnoliaa:

You always do this a lot. Today you're sharing 'infantilising' views about women, tomorrow, you're laying blame at their feet.

Continue. Continue teaching and schooling and grooming ladies about how to hide their 'monies' in different cracks and holes and pockets in the home, while the doors and gates are left wide open for thieves to enter.

If you no understand, na ontop your head that one dey. If you like, do. Don't care.

You've won.

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2021
mardis:
Well, for me i will buy my daughter phone when she's through with her secondary education that is o'level, i will promise her, if she study well and pass all her examinations, i will not only buy phone but ipad and laptop self. Main while, i will make mine available to her when she wants to do any educational stuff online. Whereas there is a torch light phone at home which will serve as landline.

Nice one.

So, you prefer she lives in campus or go from home?

Mercychen:
Until she's done with her university education to avoid distractions. However, he can get her the "tor no si obe" kinda phone ( torch) for communication purpose. Anything more than that will only make her lose forcus in her studies.

A phone is a phone

I understand you are going the avoidance of social media way...well, calls and messages can still do what Facebook and the rest will do.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I care for the girl child so much..you don't just realize it. If you read my admonitions in this light, you'd understand better.

Fine fine, some adults are zero alpha..but not all. It still makes no difference. I still respect the female gender so much.

Read my criticisms, it's for both genders. Not siding against one. I'm against every rubbish.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
GboyegaD:
Society matters. For the Nigerian Society, it is difficult because there are so many economic challenges which makes having a phone (a good one at that) seem like a big deal. Otherwise, at 10, it is okay for a child to has his her phone however, parents should set control limits on them.

Yeah, for the Nigerian Society...
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Nice one.

A phone is a phone

I understand you are going the avoidance of social media way...well, calls and messages can still do what Facebook and the rest will do.

It won't do jack. Trust me.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by mardis: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Nice one.

It depends, if the proximity of the house to the school is ok, and she has her own room where she can study without distractions and very minimal errand sending from the parent or elderly ones, then she can go from home. But if it is otherwise, then she stays in campus.

Note, a well brought up girl who is disciplined and whom you are sure is God fearing no pretence, can stay on campus or be on her own without much worries.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by investigator007: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
Whether boy or girl, everyone needs a phone in the world we live today, from security or carrying out transactions easily the smartphone has come to stay and is very necessary. Imaging being able to pay your electric bills through a mobile app like the IE mobile app. https://www.ikejaelectric.com/mobile-app/?utm_source=Nairaland&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=Power_In_Your_Hands

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by bukatyne(f): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Nice one.

A phone is a phone

Girl kids don't go to boarding house in you people's world?

It is online here I am seeing people so paranoid about the girl child.

@OP: When you decide your children are old enough to have a phone; every parents' standard is different.

When I remember the story of a girl locked at home who still got pregnant because her boyfriend disguised as a girl, I laugh at the peeps on this thread.

Train up a child in the way he/she should go, and when they are old, they would not depart from it.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by cooooooks(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Whether you buy phone or you no buy phone, if you don't raise your daughter (or son) as best as you can, they'll be more likely to fall.

chatinent:
You and I know what the society has turned into. There are standby pedophiles waiting to ruin every gullible child in the puberty!

Coming to think that my dad actually bought one (smartphone wasn't then) for my sis when she entered SS3 then, and comparing it to now is so not adding up.

I just saw a JSS2 girl whose parents have refused buying a phone for borrowing one from another girl to call her boyfriend! How can I tell? Oh, fam, what does the “you too” signature infer after the call with an overjoyed tone?

I understand there is really no way to prevent a child who has destined themselves to be useless...but does it mean there shouldn't be limitations?

I know of another teenager who ...clearly tells her parents she is going for evening choir classes..but enter Edu’s apartment 24/7! Of course, we hear the choir ringtones! We also know Edu!

Have parents lost their roles completely? I don't want to think so.

What do you think?

When is it best to purchase a phone for a girl child, and what measures must be put in place because it looks like until we train the girl child first, this generation is losing it completely?!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2021
bukatyne:

Girl kids don't go to boarding house in you people's world?

It is online here I am seeing people so paranoid about the girl child.

@OP: When you decide your children are old enough to have a phone; every parents' standard is different.

When I remember the story of a girl locked at home who still got pregnant because her boyfriend disguised as a girl, I laugh at the peeps on this thread.

Train up a child in the way he/she should go, and when they are old, they would not depart from it.

Boarding school?

Is it safer there?
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Boarding school?

Is it safer there?

Everything has a risk cheesy

All I know is that in my set, the pregnant lady was a day student who went to sleep with her mechanic boyfriend everyday for a term.

N.B. I AM NOT SAYING BOARING HOUSE IS AN ELDORADO OR BREEDS SAINTS
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by chatinent: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
bukatyne:

Everything has a risk cheesy

All I know is that in my set, the pregnant lady was a day student who went to sleep with her mechanic boyfriend everyday for a term.

N.B. I AM NOT SAYING BOARING HOUSE IS AN ELDORADO OR BREEDS SAINTS

You are right.

The corruption is a cankerworm that is ubiquitously prevalent.
Re: At What Age Is It Proper To Purchase A Phone For A Girl Child? by GboyegaD(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
chatinent:

Yeah, for the Nigerian Society...

It is difficult to determine however, at worst, when the child is going to the university.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want 2 Be Wicked!! / If A Woman Has All She Desires In A Union Can She Remain Happy Forever / Husband Thinks I Should Take A Lower Paying Job So I Have More Time For Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.