Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United (73765 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Saudi Club Al Nassr / BREAKING: CR7 Joins Manchester City / Jadon Sancho Joins Manchester United For €90 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by fergie001: 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ofunwa111:

A true CR7 and United fan you are. I swear Any position he loves to play, let him play cheesy
Are you sure we won't make him player-Coach?

1 Like

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by ifeanyichukwu100(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
> grin grin grin
blaise26abj:

For now Barca is the finished club and their fraudulent cry cry goat dey go chop cassava for farmer’s league . Assna suppose hold that position but they are no longer a football club
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by descartes400: 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
City didn't reject him,

It was not City's decision, like pep said in the conference, Ronaldo changed his mind when United showed interest.

this is from ESPN: Sources have said, however, that Ronaldo still favoured a move to
Premier League champions City when United entered negotiations and was
only convinced to consider a return to Old Trafford following contact
from a number of former teammates.

City were left unhappy by Mendes' behaviour, according to ESPN sources, as Ronaldo's
agent decided it would be better to make an emotional return rather than
join hated rivals.

ESPN has been told that Ronaldo was still exchanging texts and WhatsApp messages with some ex-players as
late as 1 a.m. BST on Friday morning.

And sources have
told ESPN that Ronaldo was told in clear terms by former teammates that
his standing in United's history, and the affection with which he is
still held by the fans, would be damaged forever if he signed for City.

Sources added that the contact from ex teammates tugged at Ronaldo's heart
strings to the extent that he informed Mendes he favoured a move back to
United rather City, leading to the Etihad outfit backing out on Friday
to leave United a clear path to sealing a deal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by anigbajumo(m): 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
Tobichuks08:
All this guy's saying city rejected Ronaldo are u sane?
The plan was Ronaldo to city, Man united simply hijacked it and he turned down city immediately Man united approached him.. Get your facts before spilling shit online

You must be dunce, city wey no ready to pay one Kobo despite they were aware United don enter the race... Their intention clearly shows they were not interested, pep go bench him if city management buy am..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Penguin2: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
fergie001:
Yes......I officially dump Leicester City and return to my boyhood club....Manchester United...........

We did it!.....We knew he will come back after 11 years, we waited and here it is.

Re-Stanning of the best player I ever watched live
ghettokid1 emeijeh vickyrotex angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 dfrost lamasta chikason22 Oludharay rodwave Playermaker1 Sammy07 openmine

Premier League...bring it onnnnnnnnnnnn

Ronaldo leaving Lisbon airport, an hour ago

Ronaldo, you don't need medical........Bang it in...bang it in.....Yea yea

Fergie001 plz remain at Leicester or you can even go to Arsenal.

You are no longer wanted at Man United.
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by fergie001: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lamasta:

Don't worry Arsenal fate awaits you na Manchester we dey grin
It's City's corner...
Counter-attack from United....It's Ronaldo....Sancho..Pogba...Fernandes....Sancho...Ronaldo Strikessssssss

Electric.......Orgasmical...........6 touches in a space of milliseconds....my world....

United deservedly in the lead.......What a Goal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by fergie001: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Penguin2:

Fergie001 plz remain at Leicester or you can even go to Arsenal.
God forbid.

You are no longer wanted at Man United.
Hahaha.....me wey follow Ronaldo leave Lisbon 90 minutes ago?
grin cheesy
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by ddippset(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lol.

See how Penaldo fans are masturbating...

They are all pretending like they don't know that Ronaldo was actually hussling for City until City rejected him.

And All of a sudden he's their hero again...
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Donpaper: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
Mogajunior:
cool
Ronaldo is an incredible player but City rejected the offer knowing he wouldn't bring much to the table as he is already ageing and may not click with their style of play but man utd willingly accepted because of his legendary status in the club and not because of what he stands to offer. I Wish him all the best.
STFU! Why do you people keep analysing trash? How can Man City reject what they are after? Pep withdrew offer immediately Man U joined the race, knowing fully well that he can't pick City over United

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by ddippset(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
descartes400:
[s]City didn't reject him,

It was not City's decision, like pep said in the conference, Ronaldo changed his mind when United showed interest.

this is from ESPN: Sources have said, however, that Ronaldo still favoured a move to
Premier League champions City when United entered negotiations and was
only convinced to consider a return to Old Trafford following contact
from a number of former teammates.

City were left unhappy by Mendes' behaviour, according to ESPN sources, as Ronaldo's
agent decided it would be better to make an emotional return rather than
join hated rivals.

ESPN has been told that Ronaldo was still exchanging texts and WhatsApp messages with some ex-players as
late as 1 a.m. BST on Friday morning.

And sources have
told ESPN that Ronaldo was told in clear terms by former teammates that
his standing in United's history, and the affection with which he is
still held by the fans, would be damaged forever if he signed for City.

Sources added that the contact from ex teammates tugged at Ronaldo's heart
strings to the extent that he informed Mendes he favoured a move back to
United rather City, leading to the Etihad outfit backing out on Friday
to leave United a clear path to sealing a deal[/s].
Story Story

City rejected him...

Period...
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by guru90: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
My Joy is completed....................

Because of Cr7 that's the reason i love Manu U back in the days..............................

Now he have arrived with love, Happiness and Joy.............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Sanctecosma(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
Omo CR7, you're welcome back home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Reussite: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
Mangekyo:

This move he made would be the last straw believe me. EPL is the most watched and followed league with lots of pundits. If Ronaldo gets exposed and fails to deliver at united, trust me it would spell doom for him.
Going to EPL, he should be joining the very best. If Ronaldo no win trophy or no make top 5 highest goal scorers, I no know the excuse wey una go fit make for am bruh
I'm United fan but trust me Chelsea would have been a better second option for him.
I honestly don't know what he was thinking. angry
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by ddippset(m): 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
Donpaper:
STFU! Why do you people keep analysing trash? How can Man City reject what they are after? Pep withdrew offer immediately Man U joined the race, knowing fully well that he can't pick City over United
grin

What are you taking it personal.

I know its hard and embarrassing to know the truth.

Stop typing all these gibberish...

City rejected his assss
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by uzoma213(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
joshbj:
His retirement plan
Mogajunior:
cool
Ronaldo is an incredible player but City rejected the offer knowing he wouldn't bring much to the table as he is already ageing and may not click with their style of play but man utd willingly accepted because of his legendary status in the club and not because of what he stands to offer. I Wish him all the best.
see this one, city backed out cos man utd got involved and they know they stand no chance.
Even Guardiola said Ronaldo would decide which team he wants to join

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by joshbj(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
His retirement plan

1 Like

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Penguin2: 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
fergie001:

God forbid.

Hahaha.....me wey follow Ronaldo leave Lisbon 90 minutes ago?
grin cheesy

Lol! You are a cow grin grin grin
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Adexy4us(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
Like for RM10 to PSG & share for CR7 to Man-U.
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by fujirice: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
jaxxy:

Ronaldo’s presence and leadership will give a new direction and winning moral for the team.

I didn’t see this b4 bt now I see the dynamics clearly since Mancity and pep fvckup.

The coach will also have to step up to Ronaldo’s level of play or be changed. It’s Game time bitches now. cool

What leadership? Hmm… this guy’s signing will definitely disrupt fragile Man U.
Mind you there are a lot of egos flying around already in that team. The time Pogba will start his own craze, everywhere go just scatter.

Excerpts from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/cristiano-ronaldos-manchester-united-return-21420442.amp

“There's also the fact Ronaldo is a domineering presence. At Juventus, he took the No.7 shirt from Juan Cuadrado, claimed free-kick responsibilities from Miralem Pjanic and Paulo Dybala, and naturally took all the Bianconeri's penalties.”
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by uzoma213(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
dboo442:
I new pep won't sign Ronaldo, Mendez only offered Ronaldo to pep because he was vulnerable and desperate,who be mumu coach wey go sign Ronaldo for ticki taka
stop spewing trash bro.
Man city knew they had no chance against United that's why they backed out

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by jaxxy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
fujirice:

What leadership? Hmm… this guy’s signing will definitely disrupt fragile Man U.
Mind you there are a lot of egos flying around already in that team. The time Pogba will start his own craze, everywhere go just scatter.

Excerpts from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/cristiano-ronaldos-manchester-united-return-21420442.amp

“There's also the fact Ronaldo is a domineering presence. At Juventus, he took the No.7 shirt from Juan Cuadrado, claimed free-kick responsibilities from Miralem Pjanic and Paulo Dybala, and naturally took all the Bianconeri's penalties.”

Pobga is the only ego and he needs to win something in United so he will cooperate. Same way Messi takes almost all Barca’s free kicks, Ronaldo can take any free kick he wants wherever he is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Agbalagbi2013: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
I am so delighted to hear this. I hope his 2nd stint at Manchester United will be more successful than the first.
By the way, who else smell what I smell? I smell the hands of One old Scot from Aberdeen in this U turn from Manchester City to Manchester United.
Welcome home Cristiano.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by ojaysam25(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
Mangekyo:

This move he made would be the last straw believe me. EPL is the most watched and followed league with lots of pundits. If Ronaldo gets exposed and fails to deliver at united, trust me it would spell doom for him.
Going to EPL, he should be joining the very best. If Ronaldo no win trophy or no make top 5 highest goal scorers, I no know the excuse wey una go fit make for am bruh
That is the different between messi and ronaldo....one of them does not fear a challenge.. I guess that was why the other goes to a farmer league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes!! The GOAT is back!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by DrOladipo: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
Welcome back Legend…. Joy to watch…Liverpool fan!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Notyouraveragej: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ororo! Ageing like fine wine! Even at his age he's still ready 4 new challenges!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Cmanforall: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
oliverano:

Why feel sorry for him Lol

Sancho on the left
Greenwood on the right
Ronaldo as 9
Bruno as the AM

they can cohabit unless you were expecting Greenwod to take penalties and free kicks

Rashord is currently injured so till he returns United will work with what they have on ground.
Rashford can leave...
United won't miss his presence.
How about Marshall?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by yemi1504: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
fergie001:

That's not true.....You see that Chelsea?

That is the most balanced team in the EPL today. Every position has a solid performer and like-for-like replacement.

And they are going for Kounde too to complete an already over-complete team!
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by babsbolad: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
Do not expect him to be the magical footballer he used to be. Age is no longer on his side.
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Mangekyo: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
ojaysam25:

That is the different between messi and ronaldo....one of them does not fear a challenge.. I guess that was why the other goes to a farmer league

Messi actually ruined Ronaldo's chances of going to PSG when he joined them. It was obvious he was actually keeping an eye on PSG for when he leaves juventus.
But since Messi joined them, that ruled out that move. Bayern Munich aren't interested.
City tried but said they would take him for free or nothing. Let's just say the only option left for him was man Utd. I doubt if he wouldn't have opted for PSG if he had the chance
Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by Tobichuks08: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
anigbajumo:

You must be dunce, city wey no ready to pay one Kobo despite they were aware United don enter the race... Their intention clearly shows they were not interested, pep go bench him if city management buy am..
Say it without crying.
City pulled off after Ferguson called Ronaldo.
Pep himself said only the goat will decide where he wants to play not him or city.
There is level to this game

1 Like

Re: Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Manchester United by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
That's really good, I'm sure he will do better in ManU, like he did back then.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Inspects His Estate In Lekki (Photos) / Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan / Aftermath Of Chelsea Vs Manchester United : 7 Funny Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.