Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead (68755 Views)

Clara Osayuware Uwaifo Is Dead! Charles Novia's Mother Dies On New Year Eve / Sir Victor Uwaifo: "Simi Is In Trouble For Stealing From Me" / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by UDUJ(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Is there really any different vet the two? School me please,I don't know.

My brother Nigeria is a complicated country with too many tribes and dialects. And Edo state is no exception. Edo state has lots of tribes like binis, esans or ishans, Oras et Al. Victor Uwaifo was a Bini man. I am Ora by the way, pure Edo man cool
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by WORLDISMYPARISH(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
The man that made me love edo highlife,I vividly remember his country home at uromi, always looking forward to seeing it on our way home from kaduna for Christmas Rest in peace sir Victor uwaifo.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
faceland:

Joke apart, the man in an interview said he really saw mami water at a beach in Lagos.

Yea he said so in a recent interview

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Angelfrost(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
2021 no wan gree... Just wan clear all the entertainment legends finish.

Why not look into the political sector! Help this country a bit there.

Sigh... Rest In Peace legend of the Arts!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Essaswtcious(f): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
Chai!!! Rest on Legend
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by afroedo: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2021
THE legend go home, rest well sir
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by wonder233: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
Fake news! Please disregard
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Sonnobax15(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
UDUJ:

My brother Nigeria is a complicated country with too many tribes and dialects. And Edo state is no exception. Edo state has lots of tribes like binis, esans or ishans, Oras et Al. Victor Uwaifo was a Bini man. I am Ora by the way, pure Edo man cool
grin ok oh bro...Just learnt about the other ones from you... But what about akpede? Isn't it a tribe in Edo state too?
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by GTCO: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
Life is short
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Adakintroy: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Africa know music more than whites.

We remain craddle of civilization
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by OLOKUN175: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
WORLDISMYPARISH:
The man that made me love edo highlife,I vividly remember his country home at uromi, always looking forward to seeing it on our way home from kaduna for Christmas Rest in peace sir Victor uwaifo.Reports just filtered in that popular Musical Legend, Prof. Sir Victor Uwaifo (M.O.N) is dead.
Sir Victor Efosa Uwaifo born in Benin City , Edo State, Nigeria on the 1st of March 1941 died at the age of 80. He his popularly known by his stage name "Guitar Boy".

He is recognized as the most educated performing music legend, he his also a writer, sculptor, a musical instrument inventor, A University lecturer in the Department of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Benin, Benin City.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-legendary-singer-sir-victor-uwaifo-dies/amp/
His country home is not at Uromi young man, his countryhome is Benin City. He is a Bini man

3 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by UDUJ(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin ok oh bro...Just learnt about the other ones from you... But what about akpede? Isn't it a tribe in Edo state too?

There is no akpede tribe in Edo, unless you are referring to Agenebode in the Etsako region. Bro there are too many tribes in Edo, we even have towns where they speak Yoruba and bear Yoruba names, and towns up north like igarra, auchi - the region Oshiomole is from that are more inclined to the north in terms of having a huge Muslim population and answering northern names. The state is massive cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Munzy14(m): 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
Transition of a Legend.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
hotplate:
Reports just filtered in that popular Musical Legend, Prof. Sir Victor Uwaifo (M.O.N) is dead.
Sir Victor Efosa Uwaifo born in Benin City , Edo State, Nigeria on the 1st of March 1941 died at the age of 80. He his popularly known by his stage name "Guitar Boy".

He is recognized as the most educated performing music legend, he his also a writer, sculptor, a musical instrument inventor, A University lecturer in the Department of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Benin, Benin City.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-legendary-singer-sir-victor-uwaifo-dies/amp/

Rip legend. Please don't make a mockery of the man's legacy with the @bolded. He is not and can't be the most educated performing musician. Haba shocked
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by olancho: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
You died a legend. I remember watching you perform live at TBS in the 90s at benson and hedges show.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Krismas(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
hotplate:
Reports just filtered in that popular Musical Legend, Prof. Sir Victor Uwaifo (M.O.N) is dead.

coolTank God dey did not say COVID 19 complications killed him. RIP Sir Uwaifo.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by ipobarethieves: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
shocked sad if u marry taxi driver..... Joromi oo sad embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry sleep well papa
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by EKABA691: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
UDUJ:

There is no akpede tribe in Edo, unless you are referring to Agenebode in the Etsako region. Bro there are too many tribes in Edo, we even have towns where they speak Yoruba and bear Yoruba names, and towns up north like igarra, auchi - the region Oshiomole is from that are more inclined to the north in terms of having a huge Muslim population and answering northern names. The state is massive cheesy
He is talking about Agbede, the tribes are not so many the way you are making it to be. You have the Bini Majority in Edo south, You have the Esans in Edo central. You have the Etsakos which Include Auchi you are talking about, Agenebode, Agbede and several other Etsako towns in three Lgas in the North. Owans with two Lgas in the North alongside with Akoko Edo with several Edo tribes, Okpameri, Uneme, Okpe Ososo etc. Alongside with Igbanke and some Ijaw groups which however make up a miniscule minority

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by stasius: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
Whhhaaat?

Chai!!!

Rest in peace Sir Victor Uwaifo.!!!

This is a reminder that we are all going going...... Chai.

(if u see mammy water ooohhh,
If u see mammy water ooooh
Never you run away
.... Victor Uwaifo)

Rest in peace sir!
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by jamace(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Oh, the end of a great man. sad

Rest in peace, "Guitar Boy" sad
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by UDUJ(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
EKABA691:
He is talking about Agbede, the tribes are not so many the way you are making it to be. You have the Bini Majority in Edo south, You have the Esans in Edo central. You have the Etsakos which Include Auchi you are talking about, Agenebode, Agbede and several other Etsako towns in three Lgas in the North. Owans with two Lgas in the North alongside with Akoko Edo with several Edo tribes, Okpameri, Uneme, Okpe Ososo etc. Alongside with Igbanke and some Ijaw groups which however make up a miniscule minority

Your points makes a lot of sense then. No vex my memory of the state comes from what I was taught longtime back in primary school when I schooled there and few visits I make once in 3 years to visit the family villa cool

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
Owain:
If I talk say I no know am, dem go call me 'indomie generation' so make I kuku keep kwayet abeq.

Know that Simi song "Joromi"?

A rather uninteresting spinoff from the original, which was done by this man.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by Brushstrokes20: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
Rip baba!... We were at coson AGM last year and previous...

I can vividly recall how You restored order when some rebels attempted to hijack/destabilise the noble and ONLY FUNCTIONAL ORGANISATION in the country.

Farewell to an icon /legend.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by GistFullGround: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
I'm sure it's COVID-19
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by faceland: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Yea he said so in a recent interview

They use to be an NTA program in the morning something AM (may be AM Express). He said it back then and the poor interviewer got confused and changed topic. grin

Anyway, is death is kind of sad. Kind of reminder of my own mortality.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by excel101(m): 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
"Grrrh kese kese"....RIP

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by real777(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
It is a sad thing not many people understand the Benin dialect or language. Benin highlife music (music for the mature minds and deep thinkers) is the best music on earth. Listening to any Benin old music teaches you a lot about life, values and the vanity of life. Good night legend.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
faceland:

They use to be an NTA program in the morning something AM (may be AM Express). He said it back then and the poor interviewer got confused and changed topic. grin

Anyway, is death is kind of sad. Kind of reminder of my own mortality.

That’s is it bro.. We all gonna die someday

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by suffering: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
Okay. Good. The major killer of Nigerians is a brief illness followed closely by automobile accidents.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by ComputerWiz007: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Rip Great man....This man na one of the few esan men wey make me fall in love with the esan culture to the extent that I promised myself that I must sell one family land take marry esan woman regardless of their affiliation with the traditional airways tongue

Rip legend..
Hey Mr. Sir Victor uwaifo is not an Esan man. Take note he is/was a Bini man...

3 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by anonymuz(m): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
that was my friend and my teacher then in ekehuan that year. miss you SIR
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead by anonymuz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Rip legend. Please don't make a mockery of the man's legacy with the @bolded. He is not and can't be the most educated performing musician. Haba shocked
tell us another most educated musician Artist?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chacha Eke Faani Celebrates Her 34th Birthday With Cute Photos / Hermes Confirms That Linda Ikeji's Bags Are FAKE!.. See Screenshots / Bimbo Thomas Flaunts Her Cleavage At Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.