Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) (1375 Views)

Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market / Pictures: The Current State Of Ariara International Market, Aba / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by EBMedia: 10:30am On Aug 29, 2021
Abia State Government Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos)

Perennial flooding in Ariaria International market, Aba soon to be over as Abia State government is set to start phased redevelopment of the Market, IgbereTV reports.

A statement from the Honorable Commissioner for Information, Abia State, Chief John Okiyi Kalu on Saturday 28th August 2021 reads;

"Government Special Announcement

Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the commencement of phased redevelopment of Ariaria International Market, Aba, from Sunday, 5th September, 2021.

Recall that the administration has made several efforts to reconstruct the 47-year old market in order to tackle its age-long structural issues with many of the shops as well as provide the necessary modern infrastructure to deal with the perennial flooding challenges particularly with A-Line while delivering other amenities like befitting car parks, conveniences, beautification of the surroundings, improved fire fighting capacity and such other facilities to our trader's.

A cabal in the market that had been profiting from its current state had sought to place unnecessary legal and other obstacles on the path of government’s efforts and had hampered previous attempts at commencing works in the market in April 2021, but in the interest of overwhelming public good, we are compelled to go ahead with redevelopment efforts in one of the foremost markets in the country.

In recent days, different social media platforms have been inundated with uncomplimentary videos of flooded A-Line that obviously also endangers traders and shoppers alike while bringing the government into public odium. No responsible government will, in the face of such images making the rounds on social media, sit back and watch without taking appropriate actions to deliver the much needed solution as quickly as possible.

Consequently, after a final consultative meeting with stakeholders of Ariaria International Market on Tuesday, 24th August, 2021, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has approved the phased redevelopment of the market as follows:

1. Traders currently doing business along A-Line, C-Line and Medical Line are to relocate from their shops on or before close of business on Saturday, 4th September, 2021 to enable the commencement of work the following day, Sunday, 5th September, 2021.

2. Those affected are to temporarily relocate to Ekumi Shopping plaza or other available shops within the market.

3. The developers have committed to completing the required work in the phase which includes establishment of proper drainage channels within the affected lines, construction of new shops and parks, before the first week of December 2021.

4. Abia state government will through subsequent press releases publish the names of existing shop allottees who are guaranteed of their return to the reconstructed shops after completion of the first phase. It is important to state that no existing shop allottee will lose his/her shop after the work.

5. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu is expected to personally hand back new allocation papers to all the existing allottees on Friday, 5th December, 2021.

6. Trading activities are expected to continue in other lines that are not affected by the first phase of the redevelopment project while the appointed developers, Messrs Blessed Henkel International Company, are expected to work with the market committee and security agents to ensure full security within the market during the period of redevelopment.

Government wishes to assure traders that it will work to ensure minimal disruptions to trading activities while executing this project which has now been made more urgent and crucial because of the recent flooding forecast from the Nigeria Meteorological Agency, NiMet.

We will also not in any way tolerate any attempt by any individual or group to disrupt the planned work as we have consulted widely enough and given enough grace period, long before now, for alternative solutions which never yielded any meaningful result.

Finally, we solicit the understanding and support of all Abians as we restate our commitment to delivering a modern market to our people.

Thank you.
https://www.facebook.com/1071837852/posts/10222206849934823/?app=fbl

Pictures of the proposed design for the market and also pictures of the market in its present deplorable state were shared by commissioner Kalu on Facebook. See below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1399099/abia-state-government-set-begin-redevelopment-ariara-intl-market-aba-photos/

Lalasticlala

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by EBMedia: 10:31am On Aug 29, 2021
See

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by EBMedia: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by athaboi(f): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2021
The proposal looks beautiful in picture
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by triple996(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2021
Another opportunity to steal billions

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by potent5(m): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2021
triple996:
And divest poor people and enrich politicians and their cronies.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Davash222(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2021
triple996:
If they fail to renovate the market, you'll complain.
Now they want to renovate, you're still complaining.

How can one please you this head slammers?

6 Likes

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2021
grin

This is my Shop, I mean right inside my shop grin

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by chiemmanuel(m): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2021
And these people end up blaming others for their misfortune
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Mohbola(f): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2021
This is a problem that cannot be solved
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by contigiency(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2021
Davash222:

He is talking based on antecedents.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by RENOWNED2(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2021
Beautiful
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by kettykin: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2021
Let them make it a phased development that will be a shopping city and not a market
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Flyingngel(m): 11:45am On Aug 29, 2021
Good if they are able to do it.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Ngorbungor(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2021
Davash222:

Thank you my brother, the problem is with the shop owners, I will plead with the government to make sure they fullfill there promises by giving the shop back to the shop owners because that's their fear all these years.

It's really good that we have successfully gotten the attention of the government at last with the power of social media
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by futurenix(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2021
Someone that has not been able to build a single standard road nor good drainage system is going to destroy people's shop in the name of redevelopment.
No single road constructed in that state by that Governor has lasted 4 months without deteriorating.

The flyover that has taken ages is being constructed by bricklayers carrying head pan and mixed cement during their so called flyover construction working hours while states using Julius Berger has done more than 5 flyovers and still counting.

Is it the salary of the workers in the state that he has paid? Some have passed 2 years salary arreas.

You will see him soon contesting as a senator and eventually win whether the people want or not.

I really don't know who can make this nation better by punishing all these failed leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by nameo: 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
This very USELESS Gov.

Believe him at your own risk.

How many times have this FAILURE done Faulks road that leads to this market and yet the road remains in a teriible state.

And to imagine that this man may be the "best" Gov in Abia since 1999.

I think Abians are really fffucked. Terrible Govs since 1999 and stuck between PDP(Ikpeazu, T Orji etc) and APC( Orji Kalu etc).

Really ffucked state!!!!
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Ngorbungor(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
futurenix:
Someone that has not been able to build a single standard road nor good drainage system is going to destroy people's shop in the name of redevelopment.
No single road constructed in that state by that Governor has lasted 4 months without deteriorating.

The flyover that has taken ages is being constructed by bricklayers carrying head pan and mixed cement during their so called flyover construction working hours while states using Julius Berger has done more than 5 flyovers and still counting.

Is it the salary of the workers in the state that he has paid? Some have passed 2 years salary arreas.

You will see him soon contesting as a senator and eventually win whether the people want or not.

I really don't know who can make this nation better by punishing all these failed leaders.

Please can you keep quiet, are you normal at all, if you don't have any thing tangible to say then get lost before amadiohia strike you wherever you are.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Ngorbungor(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
nameo:
This very USELESS Gov.

Believe him at your own risk.

How many times have this FAILURE done Faulks road that leads to this market and yet the road remains in a teriible state.

And to imagine that this man may be the "best" Gov in Abia since 1999.

I think Abians are really fffucked. Terrible Govs since 1999 and stuck between PDP(Ikpeazu, T Orji etc) and APC( Orji Kalu etc).

Really ffucked state!!!!

Am not an indigenes of Abia State, but trying to bring down a man that inherited a failed state is not encouraging at all, my uncle and his son have a shop in ariaria, and I can tell you that the problem is the shop owners, while the government has a trust issues.

But coming here to tell us what we already know looks unintelligent, beside this government is better than the previous two, thats the simple truth. And you lied about the handling of roads in ABA
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by rSOMA7: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
I hope this is not AUDIO
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by futurenix(m): 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ngorbungor:

Please can you keep quiet, are you normal at all, if you don't have any thing tangible to say then get lost before amadiohia strike you wherever you are.

People like you is the reason this nation can't move forward. Because u maybe close and benefitting from it your in full support of his actions whether good or bad. You must be a hungry human.

If I am lying the so called Amadioha should strike me alright but if your the one trying to justify your pay at the detriment of the poor even the indigenes who look upto their own to better their lives but are now disappointed let that Amadioha erase everyone u ever care about in this life and the next.
Guess this is a fair judgement
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by obyrich(m): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
futurenix:

Umuola road is still standing after more than 5 years. Same with Ukaegbu road, MCC road, Dr Chima Nwafor road etc. Please mention 1 road built by OUK in Aba that is still in good use. Starpaper mill road in Aba was abandoned and overtaken by weeds before OVI fixed it.

Granted there are many unattended roads but we cannot deny the fact that Ikpeazu is far better than the 2 governors before him in terms of building standard roads.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Ngorbungor(m): 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
obyrich:

Umuola road is still standing after more than 5 years. Same with Ukaegbu road, MCC road, Dr Chima Nwafor road etc. Please mention 1 road built by OUK in Aba that is still in good use. Starpaper mill road in Aba was abandoned and overtaken by weeds before OVI fixed it.

Granted there are many unattended roads but we cannot deny the fact that Ikpeazu is far better than the 2 governors before him in terms of building standard roads.

Please don't mind him, coming here to rant is their job, am from Imo State, and I visit ABA frequently because I have families there, but trying to say this man has not done anything good is a plain lie
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by nameo: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ngorbungor:

Am not an indigenes of Abia State, but trying to bring down a man that inherited a failed state is not encouraging at all, my uncle and his son have a shop in ariaria, and I can tell you that the problem is the shop owners, while the government has a trust issues.

But coming here to tell us what we already know looks unintelligent, beside this government is better than the previous two, thats the simple truth. And you lied about the handling of roads in ABA

Bros, will shut it please?

Failed state ko, Failed state ni.

The same nonsense the Buharist Zoombies also use to deceive themselves!

He inherited a difficult situation, so? Is that not why he was elected in the 1st place? Are you proud of how he is governing the state?

Apart from MCC, can you tell me any road built in the last 2 years that has not deteriorated. I said in that comment what i personally observed on my visits to that state and town
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Begin Redevelopment Of Ariara Int'l Market Aba (Photos) by Mynd44: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2021

(1)

Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers / Nairaland Is Becoming More Useless By The Day, The moderation needs changing / Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.