Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? (40049 Views)

Stop Eating Placenta After Childbirth, Experts Warn New Mothers / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta / Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Yugoos: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
jieta:
Will the world end if i flush the placenta in the toilet?
You have obviously never seen one. Be growing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Some Doctors normally use it to eat rice and stew.

They say it's more nutritious than beef.
pls leave your mental health problem
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Skillsnigeria: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
Buried it beside your house
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by otunbateejay(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
expert1:
Hello Nairalanders and Guests.

I am just curious to know what to do with the placenta after birth, and I am sure many young men as first timers feels the same if handed the placenta after his wife delivers a child.

Especially to young guys that are just raising a family. I know that culture varies but in Yoruba tribe for example, placenta are meant to be buried. Buried where? On your land or you have to encroach another man's land to bury that? grin

As a father or grandfather kindly share your experience on how to dispense placenta after delivery.

Many thanks.
cook it and eat nah
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by iamoyindamola(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
I flushed it down the water closet since i can't go around burying

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
MENTAL DEFICIENCY PEOPLE SHOULD NOT TURN NAIRALANDER TO SOMETHING ELSE BY POSTING NONSENSICAL QUESTIONS FOR PEOPLE TO ANSWER
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Slurity(m): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
In MFM, we burn it to ashes after praying on it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
expert1:
Hello Nairalanders and Guests.

I am just curious to know what to do with the placenta after birth, and I am sure many young men as first timers feels the same if handed the placenta after his wife delivers a child.

Especially to young guys that are just raising a family. I know that culture varies but in Yoruba tribe for example, placenta are meant to be buried. Buried where? On your land or you have to encroach another man's land to bury that? grin

As a father or grandfather kindly share your experience on how to dispense placenta after delivery.

Many thanks.
As yorubas, it should be buried. If you don't have a land yet, give it to a trusted family member like your mom. There is a lot of superstitions surrounding placenta and we can't be sure what's true or not so don't joke with it and bury it just anywhere.

I know of a tribe that fries it and give it to the mother to eat. grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by francislin(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
It's better if you bury it or burn it by yourself as the father of the child. When my wife gave birth the nurse gave it to me to bury and only me know the exact spot I buried it.
MufasaLion:

That's nice.

Thanks. cool

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by jaystefan: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
efficiencie:

Take it, burn it to ashes, issue some commands to the ashes and bury it in a location no one knows...

while burning it up degree Words on it from the bible then dispose the ashes secretly
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by francislin(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
It's better if you bury it or burn it by yourself as the father of the child. When my wife gave birth the nurse gave it to me to bury and only me know the exact spot I buried it.
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by MufasaLion: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
francislin:

What is the reason why someone must do it himself?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by HEBEI: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
shocked
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by rickleye: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well - some medical companies actually buy the placenta for cosmetics purposes.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Bukolaberry(f): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
one must be very careful, placenta is not something you just throw away, in yoruba land we bury it with some native substance like alligator paper 7 seeds and coconut leave incase you are unable to get small clay pot. you also have to be secretive about it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by rezzy: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
jieta:

For this my 3rd baby, lock down didn't allow my husband to take it to my family compound to bury, so we put it in a bucket, added some disinfectant, leave for 3 days and then flushed. Some dissolved, Chai but the smell was horrible
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by tonididdy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Imagine you go bury placenta for landlord compound and dog go chop am grin
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Sirmuel1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

Well, you think they can use it for something bad?

Don't believe in shit like that.

No one cares about your belief... You better don't let them get access to it.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by robosky02(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ishilove:

This is the most disgusting I have read this year.

You never see something

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by MufasaLion: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bukolaberry:
one must be very careful, placenta is not something you just throw away, in yoruba land we bury it with some native substance like alligator paper 7 seeds and coconut leave incase you are unable to get small clay pot. you also have to be secretive about it.

Why secretive about it?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Waffarianman(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Remember back then my momsi go just parkage ham go buried 4 ground.
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by MufasaLion: 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sirmuel1:

No one cares about your belief... You better don't let them get access to it.

undecided
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Chithauri(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
ahnie:
No mufasalion.
how about they burn it to ashes.
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Placenta doesn't need any special treatment and it shouldn't be treated with levity.
In every hospital in Yoruba land, one of the delivery package to take to the hospital is "Ikoko agbebi" a local pot. The placenta will be packaged inside the pot and given to the mother which will be presented to the father.

The proper way is to dig land and bury the placenta. Make sure it is not a public place where everybody will b accessed.

And if there is any reference in the Quran or Bible. You can make use of it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by OpinionCounts(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
jieta:

I wish it would, I would have just gone to flush one and end this confused generation.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Kafinlemo: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Some Doctors normally use it to eat rice and stew.

They say it's more nutritious than beef.

it's your people eat it not doctors
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Bahamas95(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
Someone suggested burning and disposing the ashes and I think that's cool.

It's better than cutting into bits and flushing down the toilet because I will definitely puke while doing that....... Burning is the best.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by dareadewuyi: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Go and ask your Olori-ebi, or the most senior person in your family.

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
yuck! .what a disgusting thread
Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by iyke649(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
When handed to me by the medical attendant, I asked that it should be flushed in the toilet in my presence.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by QueenVaji: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oizatobad:
pls leave your mental health problem

your not aware stop being ignorant...people actually eat them..

there are so many things u never know that can shock you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? by kevoh(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
You have less than a day to do whatever you want to with the placenta before it starts rotting and smelling! Who has time for keeping something that's about to rot and smell when there's a newborn baby and its mother to worry about? Just throw the thing away or bury it right away!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies With Protruding Bellies. / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth / Nigerian Man, Efosa Silas Sick at UAE Hospital, Who Knows The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.