Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (35179 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Tmex(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
I wonder what "E Naira" is again. Have we not been making cashless transactions before. Im still waiting for someone to tell me its only a store of value or so. Cos as much as i know if its same value with the notes tgen its useless and if they chose to make it more valuable than the naira notes its still going to crash over time.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2021
It's the rich people and the bankers that will first pack everything and put in their pockets. Then we will all now be buying from them.

As laudable as this could have been, corruption and greed would definitely mar it.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
If CBN is truly sincere, they should make everything transparent and everyone buying into a purse transparent.

Otherwise, let all of us just leave it for the rich elites to be buying and selling it for themselves.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Weedhustler: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
Block chain is crypto......crypto is block chain! This govt too mumu.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by poiZon: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

A lot of people will do bro, people with clean money will surely do.
But all monies in Nigeria is dirty...
That means nobody will do
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by poiZon: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:

One e naira can never be one Naira ...wake up
That means one eNaira will equals to one abnormalNaira....
It is well.
When will one Naira equals to one normal Naira?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by inforesource: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Clueless people. What's the e in the naira. Lack of understanding dey worry una.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:
Where are they planning to host the servers?

It would be a joke to host our digital currency on foreign servers.

And just in case they are planning to build data centres here in Nigeria for the project, I hope they know that is a huge electricity demand and it's as if Nigeria does not even produce enough electricity to power the whole of Lagos 24/7.

And hopefully they are not planning to run the data centres on generators because that would be dragging the country eons back. Everyone at this stage is looking towards Sustainability and cutting off green house gases.

Dear Naija, which way?

If only we could fix electricity, many things will start to fall in place gradually.

When we fix electricity, we monitor crime effectively with CCTV and drones.

We experience transformation of our educational sector - digital transformation.

We experience industrialization - companies will troop in, and the ABA boys and indigenous manufacturing gurus will rise

We crack down on corruption - everything becomes transparent and digital - every fraud will be traceable digitally except you go and bomb the data centres to erase data ( equivalent to how they burnt the NFF office and other offices just to destroy files).

Our economy improves, we rely less on petroleum, we see massive advancement etc.

"SMH, have you heard of Rack Centre https://rack-centre.com/about-rack-centre/ ? The Leading Carrier Neutral Tier III Data Centre in West Africa located in Lagos, yes Lagos Nigeria...The problem with most Nigerian youths is lack of knowledge and exposure of what is happening in their country, they are so ignorant to think nothing good is happening in Nigeria while the smart ones are making good money, they are so blinded by their hate for government while the ambitious ones are doing great in their field.

Wake up from your slumber and stop thinking Nigeria is still in the 80's Nigeria has moved on you too should move on. Imagine thinking the lack of 24/7 power won't make building a data center a possibility not know someone has already built and is running a data center in your country for years without you knowing about this.

Just imagine the many things you think is impossible in Nigeria is already made possible by some young smart positive thinking Nigerians without your knowledge?

You had better stop wasting your life complaining all day and focus on being positive to achieve that which you think is impossible. Na this same Nigeria we dey wey people dey make am legit". Village People spokesperson.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
My suggestions:
1. Let CBN launch a certain amount of ENaira, on a particular day, on a particular website.
2. Let people all over the world bid and buy immediately against each other.
3. Let the guarantee for people be that because it's CBN backed, the market value will be determined by market forces because of demand and supply.
4. CBN should set a date when another batch will be released without naming the proposed price.

Our Naira is losing value because all avenues for short -medium term investments have been abused by banks and NSE, hence the reason why Nigerians are running to dollar has a held currency. The value of dollar to Naira does not appreciate really. $1 is still $1 in USA, but because of the fact that the value appreciates in Naira, people put their money on it.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
otosa:
I don't have belief on anything coming from this government because they do not mean well for us and all they are after is how to convert the money we have in our accounts to their own. As they used NSE to scammed us.

Exactly. NSE was a big scam they used in syphoning all the free money in people hands originating from 2001 to 2007 economic boom.

It landed into few billionaires hands in the form of shares which they later devalued to trash.

This should be a modified MMM.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by clothingonline(m): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Strong website ooooo cbn because Of hackers

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Seniorwriter:

This present buhari led infested maladministration is anti people....always planning to milk her citizens.

@SENIORWRITER

grin grin

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Ijscarface: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nonsense ordinary bank to bank transfer takes forever to go
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Buy bitco1n
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by ShadowM(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:
I actually did a presentation on this to the Nigerian Mint & Print last year , E naira driven on Block chain tech

I sent you a PM. I'm interested in knowing the contents of your presentation
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by dodoisk(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
Illuminati
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by t2luv1: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
otosa:
I don't have belief on anything coming from this government because they do not mean well for us and all they are after is how to convert the money we have in our accounts to their own. As they used NSE to scammed us.

From where I am sitting I 100% agree with you. This is the same CBN that stopped selling FX to BDC, and came with the most stupidest idea instructing the masses to go to the banks for their FX transactions, The exchange was at N490 before the change now it's @ N520 as of today. Tell ya I wonder what new idea they will come up with again
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by joelsteron: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
If the 1 Enaira cant be made equal to dollars it's totally rubbish. I.e ( 1En = 1$)
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by joelsteron: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Federal government successful stole this idea from INKSTATION. I hope it works
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by lwisee: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
I can see a lot of negative comments here regarding this e-Naira,please let's have a little believe in this government.The CBN is trying all they could to keep Naira stable at all cost but it's seems some powerful individuals in connivance with some banks are hell bent on fustrating their effort.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Amodi470(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

Tell them, we are here waiting for CBN eNaira since day one
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by halogate: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
..not interested undecided.
..that was how I bought IPO of transorp because it was "government owned"..we know the story.
..observing the coming NNPC IPO with eagle eyes..it is not me dey will knack 2:0

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"SMH, have you heard of Rack Centre https://rack-centre.com/about-rack-centre/ ? The Leading Carrier Neutral Tier III Data Centre in West Africa located in Lagos, yes Lagos Nigeria...The problem with most Nigerian youths is lack of knowledge and exposure of what is happening in their country, they are so ignorant to think nothing good is happening in Nigeria while the smart ones are making good money, they are so blinded by their hate for government while the ambitious ones are doing great in their field.

Wake up from your slumber and stop thinking Nigeria is still in the 80's Nigeria has moved on you too should move on. Imagine thinking the lack of 24/7 power won't make building a data center a possibility not know someone has already built and is running a data center in your country for years without you knowing about this.

Just imagine the many things you think is impossible in Nigeria is already made possible by some young smart positive thinking Nigerians without your knowledge?

You had better stop wasting your life complaining all day and focus on being positive to achieve that which you think is impossible. Na this same Nigeria we dey wey people dey make am legit". Village People spokesperson.

Lol what is the significance of rack-centre to CBN's digital currency?

You think CBN will host such government asset on a private server?

Do you have any idea how much megawatts of electricity the so called rack-centre data centre consumes?

Do they rely on the national power grid or they use generators?

When you have fully comprehend how huge that electricity demand is, then do you now slowly realise how much damage feul generators required to support that huge size is doing to environment?

Why do you think Tesla and many US support pulled the plug in bitcoin? Is power generation/requirement of data centre a joke to you? grin

Well, all you have done is to tell me Lagos has a data centre and you are jubilating as if that is a breakthrough grin
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by rottennaija(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mrquote:

How will it be made to have more value?

It will be a stable coin. 1e naira will be equivalent to N1

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by lwisee: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:

Lol what is the significance of rack-centre to CBN's digital currency?

You think CBN will host such government asset on a private server?

Do you have any idea how much megawatts of electricity the so called rack-centre data centre consumes?

Do they rely on the national power grid or they use generators?

When you comprehend how huge that electricity demand is, then do you slowly now realise how much damage feul generators of that large size is doing to environment?

Why do you think Tesla and many US support pulled the plug in bitcoin? Is power generation/requirement of data centre a joke to you? grin

Well hopefully you have answers to these questions. grin

All you have done is to tell me Lagos has a data centre and you are jubilating grin

We have data centres scatterd all over Nigeria Bro,running and maintaining data centres isn't an issue in Nigeria anymore.We have IPPs that powers these data centres backed up by solar grids in Megawatts.Nobody rely on PHCN to run a data centre.I agree the capital required is huge but it's duable.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
So na E-money things abi?
We have seen it all in this country. Venezuela tried that but it worsened their economy instead.

You don't host any block chain means of transactions and restrict it to a country.

For this to successfully work, crypto has to be unbanned so as for other exchangers to queue in and decentralize it.

You will also need to face the cyber threats associated with that which am sure they are not fully ready for that.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lol. The same naira that is dragging on the floor behind Afghanistan's currency?

Yeye
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Newboss(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
So what's the difference between this trash and normal bank transfer? Obviously it's not decentralised, and it won't be traded on cryptocurrency exchanges.

Una don go waste resources, again

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Yong4ever: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:
Breaking: CBN drafts guidelines to Nigerian banks on e-Naira

https://nairametrics.com/2021/08/29/cbn-drafts-guidelines-to-nigerian-banks-on-e-naira/
This is still crypto in disguise.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Newboss(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

What will they use it for that they can't use normal bank transfer for?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by smsinnigeria(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
Will it be traded because im seeing a centralized currency in place of decentralized money which crypto currency represents.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Goldbw122(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Quick way to hack as many money as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / "Away From The Storm In Lagos" - Femi Otedola Speaks From Paris / Gold Bars Roll Out In Osun State By West Africa's Largest Gold Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.