Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (35157 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Olujoe1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:

Na 1 E naira would have a different value and you will need to exchange more Naira to get one and as demand grows the values grow , but it should be an alternative to hedge on the naira outside USD

This is not true, it can plummet nor drop but rather maintain the same value with naira
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by helpsomeone: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
E-naira is a welcome development. The forces of demand and supply will surface. As people invest more in e-naira, physical naira will be in shortages because people will need more naira to exchange to e-naira. thereby, increase physical naira value.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by matrixme(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:
Where are they planning to host the servers?

It would be a joke to host our digital currency on foreign servers.

And just in case they are planning to build data centres here in Nigeria for the project, I hope they know that is a huge electricity demand and it's as if Nigeria does not even produce enough electricity to power the whole of Lagos 24/7.

And hopefully they are not planning to run the data centres on generators because that would be dragging the country eons back. Everyone at this stage is looking towards Sustainability and cutting off green house gases.

Dear Naija, which way?

If only we could fix electricity, many things will start to fall in place gradually.

When we fix electricity, we monitor crime effectively with CCTV and drones.

We experience transformation of our educational sector - digital transformation.

We experience industrialization - companies will troop in, and the ABA boys and indigenous manufacturing gurus will rise

We crack down on corruption - everything becomes transparent and digital - every fraud will be traceable digitally except you go and bomb the data centres to erase data ( equivalent to how they burnt the NFF office and other offices just to destroy files).

Our economy improves, we rely less on petroleum, we see massive advancement etc.

That's the question to ask. Where to host the server. Perhaps inside EFCC headquarters, so they can come and break down your door at 2 a.m for having an unusual inflow of unexplained source of e-naira.
Bunch of jokers. You ban Twitter, Cryptocurrency and chase youths gestapo style for owning a laptop, yet you still want them to promote a digital currency.
I'm sure herdsmen can have access to it, because it will be interesting collecting ransom's in e-naira as well as buying cows.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

A lot of people will do bro, people with clean money will surely do.
Is it not supposed to be a blockchain based transaction?
If crypt0 trading is banned,how exactly is this supposed to work out?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by winterfell007(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
MAURI:

Thanks for this question, you can use all blockchain tech and fintech tech you like, but there still has to bean underlying value (in this case, the Nigerian Naira). Where the underlying fundamentals remain unstable, the level of volatility will still remain high.

Someone mentioned that this will act as a good hedge against USD, would you be kind to educate us on this?

So long the underlying remains Naira, which in unstable and volatile, I do not see why anyone would want to keep positions in this as against the USD or other stable currencies. Except the CBN intends to create electronic currency without backing, which will lead to higher inflation. Even if the CBN resorts to this, the E-Naira will be majorly used to buy foreign goods (since we are a highly net import country) flooding the market with the E-Naira which will result in drop in value.
You are really good analytical thinkers. Nairaland still has brilliant people that think. For sometime, I thought it was filled with Yoruba and Igbo tribal champions
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Lovelyperson(m): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:

And just in case they are planning to build data centres here in Nigeria for the project, I hope they know that is a huge electricity demand and it's as if Nigeria does not even produce enough electricity to power the whole of Lagos 24/7.

And hopefully they are not planning to run the data centres on generators because that would be dragging the country eons back. Everyone at this stage is looking towards Sustainability and cutting off green house gases.

Dear Naija, which way?

If only we could fix electricity, many things will start to fall in place gradually.

We experience transformation of our educational sector - digital transformation.

We experience industrialization - companies will troop in, and the ABA boys and indigenous manufacturing gurus will rise

We crack down on corruption - everything becomes transparent and digital - every fraud will be traceable digitally except you go and bomb the data centres to erase data ( equivalent to how they burnt the NFF office and other offices just to destroy files).

Our economy improves, we rely less on petroleum, we see massive advancement etc.

Only "IF" they can do all what you listed here. but you and I know that this present govt can't do this... the only thing they can be enforcing is how to collect land to rear cows.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by macrodata(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2021
tempest01:
E sure me die say dem go hack this e naira
One wrong poorly written line of code is all it takes to swap the national reserve to Bitcoin & sent to anonymous wallet in one transaction. Rest assured that world's best hackers are going to try use the system to test if e-currency are hackable. We are now a case study (guinea pigs) for other nations.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by macrodata(m): 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
chloride6:

Nope...it's not...

Let me break it down for you...

There are currently only 2 TRUE forms of Naira...

1. The banknote in your pocket....
2. Current account balances of banks with the CBN (Banks have accounts with the CBN. That's how they transfer funds to one another and settle debts using RTGS).

Your bank account balance is not really the Naira as you don't have a direct link to the CBN. Unlike the Naira in your pocket which is directly issued by the CBN, your mobile app account is between you and your bank.

That's why you can't use your Zenith Bank app to withdraw from First Bank.

Now, the new digital currency is a direct link between you and the CBN....just like your Naira note...no third party involved..

The e-Naira is not a good idea in my opinion...

It will operate just like Blockchain account meaning payments will be final and irrevocable...

I could talk all day but...no time..

I'm most certain there are lots of features which distinguish the E-NGN. It must be a quasi blockchain where transactions can be reversed, account frozen, limits & stuff just like a regular account. It's a centralized blockchain. I'm curious to know how their transaction validation works
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
A hacker's next paradise
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
which one be e-naira, If its pegged to Naira what's the difference? its like having the same naira in your account, unless it can be bought in foreign exchanges, making it easier to transact internationally, but then it would still be a horrible currency because the price will keep devaluing ,

just adopt bitcoin as a legal means of payment in Nigeria, that would make a lot of sense that this e-naira and improve people's life, or better still make the e-naira a stable coin if that's possible. The idea behind the e-naira is weak

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
helpsomeone:
E-naira is a welcome development. The forces of demand and supply will surface. As people invest more in e-naira, physical naira will be in shortages because people will need more naira to exchange to e-naira. thereby, increase physical naira value.

If you're going to trade the e-naira in exchanges, remember trading can go both ways, ether you buy it or you short it, and if the adoption is poorly executed , the price will keep on going side ways which would devalue the original naira more
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Mrquote: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
rottennaija:

Though we may not like it, Naira has value. The driving force behind it is e-currency. That's the direction the world is at now. It will save a lot in printing and transportation of physical cash.
Don't forget some people make money by transportation of money and printing it
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by pacespot(m): 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Healthquest:
I can help unwithdraw it.
I will collect 50k/10% anyone that's bigger

Through the peer-to-peer right?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by rottennaija(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mrquote:

Don't forget some people make money by transportation of money and printing it

Advancement in technology deskill people.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by lildush(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
Is the e-naira equivalent to 1 dollar? If its not den its rubbish.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Gfskw: 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2021
Another dead on arrival
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by gstream: 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
[qquote author=lwisee post=105306096]Breaking: CBN drafts guidelines to Nigerian banks on e-Naira

https://nairametrics.com/2021/08/29/cbn-drafts-guidelines-to-nigerian-banks-on-e-naira/[/quote]

E- Naira is NigeriaAir Brother... Will will crash before takeoff... white elephant project.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Mrquote: 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2021
rottennaija:

Advancement in technology deskill people.
I'm talking about Nigerian politicians do you think they will accept something that make them to stop making money I laugh
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by piagetskinner(m): 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nigerian government are the biggest scammers

They know how to play their game well. They banned crypto so that wen they launch e shot naira people will be forced to abandon other Coins and go for the e naira
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by abiolamitodun(m): 11:48pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:

Dear Naija, which way?

the love for oil money no go let our politicians think this way....i just wonder what will happen if one morning we wake up to see all oil wells dried up......
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by BarrSly: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
To think I saw your FTC where you made mention of making a presentation to the Nigerian Mint and Print and I took you serious beats my imagination.

From all you’ve said thus far it shows you know nothing about digital money/blockchain operations.

The e-Naira is a stable coin 1 e-Naira = 1 fiat Naira even the CBN acknowledges this fact so stop deceiving people.

FarahAideed:

Na 1 E naira would have a different value and you will need to exchange more Naira to get one and as demand grows the values grow , but it should be an alternative to hedge on the naira outside USD

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by FarahAideed: 12:05am On Aug 31, 2021
BarrSly:
To think I saw your FTC where you made mention of making a presentation to the Nigerian Mint and Print and I took you serious beats my imagination.

From all you’ve said thus far it shows you know nothing about digital money/blockchain operations.

The e-Naira is a stable coin 1 e-Naira = 1 fiat Naira even the CBN acknowledges this fact so stop deceiving people.

I never said I made presentation to the CBN ..I said to the Nigerian print and mint ...why do y'all like arguing with me here ..Ask yourself why the proposed E naira should be a stable coin when every naira in your bank account is totally digital till you encash ..Wake up .. I could send you a copy of my presentation to the NSPMC but I won't because I actually have nothing to prove to you ... No govt treasurer has any reason to mirror its own currency as a stable coin ...Open your mind man ..Nigerians argue to much .. well I am not surprised after all I spent all day here yesterday arguing about a mysterious Boeing 1707 cheesy and 90 percent of comments against me sounded like you are now ... Well keep reading Business day articles while we keep doing ..Good morning
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by rottennaija(m): 3:41am On Aug 31, 2021
Mrquote:

I'm talking about Nigerian politicians do you think they will accept something that make them to stop making money I laugh

Hmmm... They can't reject this.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Mrquote: 6:55am On Aug 31, 2021
rottennaija:

Hmmm... They can't reject this.
Ok let's watchand see

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by ProGSM(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2021
Nothing good comes from this people. Seeing is believing. Mark this post
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Ayodeeji(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2021
Are you interested in generating a passive income... if yes this is for you and you need to act fast. While others are complaining about the economy, some are smiling to the banks that is why this opportunity must not pass you by click and thank me later https:///npnv3mu2
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Healthquest: 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
pacespot:

Through the peer-to-peer right?
nah. We can do physical. How. Much is d cash... I'm in Ph now, wil be going to lag soon. We can meet physical.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Dackrapper(m): 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2021
How will the E- Naira be of benefit to us?

Will it be listed on exchanges?
can other Cryptocurrencies be converted to E-Naira?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Kokaine(m): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
FarahAideed:
I actually did a presentation on this to the Nigerian Mint & Print last year , E naira driven on Block chain tech
Can I make money out of it. What would you advice I do immediately its out
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by FarahAideed: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
Kokaine:

Can I make money out of it. What would you advice I do immediately its out

The presentation we did was with the print and mint not the CBN . I need to even look at this CBN model to really understand what the plot is

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by julioralph(m): 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
Naija lipsrsealed
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Poleski: 4:49am On Sep 01, 2021
Beloved3:

Dear Naija, which way?

You expect the illiterate abokis ruling us, to know all these? We are still far from having quality leaders because of corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Billionaire Businesswoman, Bola Shagaya Is 60, Shares Lovely Pictures / "Away From The Storm In Lagos" - Femi Otedola Speaks From Paris / Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.