Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Discerning Spiritual Things - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discerning Spiritual Things (964 Views)

The Five Fold MINISTRIES :DISCERNING Your Calling By BURDENS / It Is Time For Every Discerning Christian To Flee Nigeria If The Money Is There / Discerning Spiritual Seasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discerning Spiritual Things by Dangerousboy(m): 3:45am On Aug 30, 2021
DISCERNING SPIRITUAL THINGS

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Years back, I and a friend went to minister and he gave a word of knowledge and I wondered how and when he received it, so I questioned him.

His reply to me which I will never forget is; You don't reason spiritual things, but receive spiritual things. Back then I wondered but I know better now.

God is not in the mental realm, you can't figure him out with your mind. Spiritual things does not make sense to the natural man. For example you can't use your mind to understand the new birth.

That's why whatever God tells you, or promises you, stop figuring out how he will do it, that's up to him. Just believe and receive.
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Kobojunkie: 4:23am On Aug 30, 2021
Dangerousboy:

His reply to me which I will never forget is; You don't reason spiritual things, but receive spiritual things. Back then I wondered but I know better now.

God is not in the mental realm, you can't figure him out with your mind. Spiritual things does not make sense to the natural man. For example you can't use your mind to understand the new birth.

That's why whatever God tells you, or promises you, stop figuring out how he will do it, that's up to him. Just believe and receive.
Interesting claim which seems to run contrary to Jesus Christ's own declaration to us as given in Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13 .

10 The followers came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you use these stories to teach the people?”

11 Jesus answered, “Only you can know the secret truths about God’s kingdom. Those other people cannot know these secret truths.
12 The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have.
13 This is why I use these stories to teach the people: They see, but they don’t really see. They hear, but they don’t really hear or understand.
Following what Jesus Christ said there particularly in verse 12, only those who reason things out will have more understanding given to me whereas those who refuse to reason things out will have even the little understanding they have taken away from them. undecided

You claim you received 'sound' advice from an Mog, turns out the advice you received disagrees with that which Jesus Christ said. undecided

Are you certain your are indeed able to discern spiritual things, as you claim, since you refuse to do even that Jesus Christ states must take place in order for discernment to be availed you? Did Jesus Christ lie? undecided
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Dangerousboy(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim which seems to run contrary to Jesus Christ's own declaration to us as given in Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13 .

Following what Jesus Christ said there particularly in verse 12, only those who reason things out will have more understanding given to me whereas those who refuse to reason things out will have even the little understanding they have taken away from them. undecided

You claim you received 'sound' advice from an Mog, turns out the advice you received disagrees with that which Jesus Christ said. undecided

Are you certain your are indeed able to discern spiritual things, as you claim, since you refuse to do even that Jesus Christ states must take place in order for discernment to be availed you? Did Jesus Christ lie? undecided
' Reason things out' that's how you want to put it? Ok. But do you know why they didn't want to reason things out? It's because it doesn't seems reasonable. Why?because it is spiritually discerned. That's why the just lives and walks by Faith.
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Kobojunkie: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dangerousboy:
' Reason things out' that's how you want to put it? Ok. But do you know why they didn't want to reason things out? It's because it doesn't seems reasonable. Why? because it is spiritually discerned. That's why the just lives and walks by Faith.
Jesus Christ explained to you in Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13 that to spiritually discern anything is in fact to reason it out. You are here saying instead that Jesus Christ is wrong and your pastor friend is correct. undecided
The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have. - Matthew 13 vs 12
How can you pretend to walk by Faith by you reject what Jesus Christ says and commands of you were discernment of the Kingdom of God is concerned? undecided

He explained this very same concept in His parable of the 10 talents - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30.
Everyone who uses what they have will get more. They will have much more than they need. But people who do not use what they have will have everything taken away from them.’ - Matthew 25 vs 29

So how then are you able to conclude that what you have is discernment of the Godly kind when you fail to do God demands that you do in order to receive discernment from Him? undecided
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Dangerousboy(m): 5:57am On Aug 31, 2021
Praise Jesus
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Years back, I and a friend went to minister and he gave a word of knowledge and I wondered how and when he received it, so I questioned him.

Yahoo reasoning. Shioor!
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Harshirama(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:

Facts. The things of the spirit are foolishness to a natural man. OP ignore those saying something else below your post.

1 Like

Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by Dangerousboy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2021
Harshirama:

Facts. The things of the spirit are foolishness to a natural man. OP ignore those saying something else below your post.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by orisa37: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
DISCERNING SPIRITUAL THINGS.

IS BORNE OUT OF UNDERSTANDING AND LIFE OF FEELINGS THINKINGS REASONINGS, ACTIONS INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS
Re: Discerning Spiritual Things by orisa37: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
DISCERNING SPIRITUAL THINGS.

IS BORNE OUT OF UNDERSTANDING AND LIFE OF FEELINGS THINKINGS REASONINGS, ACTIONS INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS. AND DREAMS.

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Is Jesus Christ? / How Would You Know When God Has Answered A Prayer Request? / The Original Sin(serpent Seed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.