Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Who Really Is Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Is Jesus Christ? (962 Views)

Who Really Is Jesus? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MindHacker9009(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2022
1. To the Jews who Christianty came from His is an imposter and not their Messiah
"There is no specific doctrinal view of Jesus in traditional Judaism. Monotheism, a belief in the absolute unity and singularity of God, is central to Judaism, which regards the worship of a person as a form of idolatry. Therefore, consideration of Jesus as deity is not an issue in traditional Jewish thought.
The rejection of Jesus as Messiah has never been a theological issue for Judaism because Jewish eschatology holds that the coming of the Jewish Messiah will be associated with events that had not occurred at the time of Jesus, such as the rebuilding of The Temple, a Messianic Age of peace, and the ingathering of Jews to their homeland." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism%27s_view_of_Jesus

2. To Chirstains He is their Messiah through belief and His coming back for vengeance

3. To Muslins His is a prophet

Now who really is Jesus Christ that all main religion see Him differently
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by lekanamisu: 2:18pm On May 17, 2022
Jesus Christ is the Son of God
Jesus is the Messiah (Christ), the Son of God who was crucified for the sins of humanity before rising from the dead,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by lekanamisu: 2:22pm On May 17, 2022
He is the savior of the world
To the Islamist He is the Al Masiyu
A Nabiyi

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:46pm On May 17, 2022
lekanamisu:

He is the savior of the world
To the Islamist He is the Al Masiyu
A Nabiyi
I wonder why Arabs kept the highlighted in the language not understood by everyone!

Jesus is Al Masihu (Arabic) Messiah (Hebrew) Christ (Greek) Saviour (English) of the world! smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 10:23am On May 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I wonder why Arabs kept the highlighted in the language not understood by everyone!

Jesus is Al Masihu (Arabic) Messiah (Hebrew) Christ (Greek) Saviour (English) of the world! smiley

The Arabs and Jews don't understand Al-Masi' translated as Christ as your "Saviour" of the world.

Stop interpreting falsehood in the light of your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

The Arabs and Jews don't understand Al-Masi' translated as Christ as your "Saviour" of the world. Stop interpreting falsehood in the light of your knowledge.

Please! Please!! Please!!!
Kindly tell this forum what that word Al-Masi means in English.
Thanks in advance! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 11:08am On May 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please! Please!! Please!!!
Kindly tell this forum what that word Al-Masi means in English.
Thanks in advance! cheesy

Psalm 105:15 says “Do not touch my anointed ones (Messiahs); do my prophets no harm.”

In the above, the word translated as "anointed ones" is same as Messiah! But the context makes it anointed ones!

When Jesus comes in to the picture it will become the savior of the world as your translators wanted him to be.

Ash-Shawkaani (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
There is a difference of opinion concerning the origin of the word maseeh (messiah). It was said that it comes from the word mas-h because he wandered (masaha) in the land, i.e., he travelled in it and never settled in any one place. And it was said that he did not touch (yamsah) any afflicted person but he was healed, therefore he was called maseeh (one who touches). According to these two views, the word is an active participle. And it was said that it is because he anointed himself (yamsah) with the oil with which the Prophets anointed themselves. And it was said that it is because the bottom of his feet was flat (mamsooh); or because beauty touched him (masahahu); or because he was anointed (musiha) by purification from sin. According to these four suggestions, the word is a passive participle.

Abu’l-Haytham said: The maseeh (Messiah) is the opposite of al-maseekh. Ibn al-A‘raabi said: The maseeh is the siddeeq (strong and true in faith).

Abu ‘Ubayd said: The origin of this word in Hebrew is mashiach, which was Arabised, as the name Moshe was Arabised to Moosa.

‘Eesa is a non-Arabic name; it was also suggested that it is an Arabic name, derived from the verb ‘aasahu/ya‘oosuhu, meaning he managed his affairs.

So he was an anointed Prophet of God.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 11:29am On May 18, 2022
Jesus was a Prophet and Messenger sent to the people of Israel of his time!

1. Jesus said, "I was sent only to the people of Israel! Matthew 15:24

2.Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3

3. “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” Matthew 24:36

4. But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32

This is a definite proof that the Final Hour is unknown to any but God, thus Jesus’ knowledge is imperfect like all other men; God Alone is All-Knowing, Omniscient.

5. “And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face and prayed, saying, ‘O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt.’ “ Matthew 26:39

We note here that the person speaking is unaware of God’s Will and realizes the fact that he is a servant of God. He (God) Alone can cause the change.

6And finally the Prophecy of Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18 where Yahweh says:
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

Psalm 105:15 says “Do not touch my anointed ones (Messiahs); do my prophets no harm.”

In the above, the word translated as "anointed ones" is same as Messiah! But the context makes it anointed ones!

When Jesus comes in to the picture it will become the savior of the world as your translators wanted him to be.

Ash-Shawkaani (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
There is a difference of opinion concerning the origin of the word maseeh (messiah). It was said that it comes from the word mas-h because he wandered (masaha) in the land, i.e., he travelled in it and never settled in any one place. And it was said that he did not touch (yamsah) any afflicted person but he was healed, therefore he was called maseeh (one who touches). According to these two views, the word is an active participle. And it was said that it is because he anointed himself (yamsah) with the oil with which the Prophets anointed themselves. And it was said that it is because the bottom of his feet was flat (mamsooh); or because beauty touched him (masahahu); or because he was anointed (musiha) by purification from sin. According to these four suggestions, the word is a passive participle.

Abu’l-Haytham said: The maseeh (Messiah) is the opposite of al-maseekh. Ibn al-A‘raabi said: The maseeh is the siddeeq (strong and true in faith).

Abu ‘Ubayd said: The origin of this word in Hebrew is mashiach, which was Arabised, as the name Moshe was Arabised to Moosa.

‘Eesa is a non-Arabic name; it was also suggested that it is an Arabic name, derived from the verb ‘aasahu/ya‘oosuhu, meaning he managed his affairs.

So he was an anointed Prophet of God.

Please just in one word after all
"Al-Masi"
Is just one word. smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MindHacker9009(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

6And finally the Prophecy of Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18 where Yahweh says:
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

And this prophet like Moses from among their fellow Israelites has not yet come
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 2:30pm On May 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please just in one word after all
"Al-Masi"
Is just one word. smiley

'Anointed"
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 2:43pm On May 18, 2022
MindHacker9009:

And this prophet like Moses from among their fellow Israelites has not yet come

Christians claim Jesus was like Moses.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

'Anointed"
Thank you!
So is there any verse in the Qu'ran where Muhammad is also referred to as Al-Masi?
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 5:30pm On May 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Thank you!
So is there any verse in the Qu'ran where Muhammad is also referred to as Al-Masi?

No!

Muhammad has many names which Jesus do not have.

“I have several names. I am Muhammad, and I am Ahmad, and I am al-Maahi (the eraser) by means of whom Allah erases kufr, and I am al-Haashir (the gatherer) at whose feet the people will be gathered, and I am al-‘Aaqib (the last) after whom there will be no other.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4896) and Muslim (2354).

It was narrated that Abu Moosa al-Ash‘ari (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) mentioned several of his names to us. He said: “I am Muhammad, and Ahmad, and al-Muqaffi (the last in succession) and al-Haashir (the gatherer) and the Prophet of Repentance and the Prophet of Mercy.”
Narrated by Muslim (2355).

Abraham is the friend of Allah! That does not mean others are enemies of Allah.

Calling Jesus by a name which means Anointed/Savior does not mean others are not anointed/appointed to save!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

No!
Thanks, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 5:46pm On May 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

So Jesus was like Moses, can you tell us where Moses was called Anointed too? cool
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by orisa37: 5:54pm On May 18, 2022
JESUS CHRIST IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ON EARTH!!!

JUDAS IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF SATAN (EVIL SPIRIT) ON EARTH.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

So Jesus was like Moses, can you tell us where Moses was called Anointed too? cool

Apart from Jesus how many prophets did your Qu'ran referred to as Al-Masi? smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 6:07pm On May 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Apart from Jesus how many prophets did your Qu'ran referred to as Al-Masi? smiley

Only Jesus!

Where was Moses called Christ too? Logic is simple!
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:11pm On May 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

Only Jesus!
May you have PEACE! smiley

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2022
Ma.xInDHouse:

AntiChristian:

Only Jesus!

Don't come here again and be saying Muhammad is also Al-Masi
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

Al-Masihu (Arabic) means
Messiah (Hebrew)
Christ (Greek)
Saviour (English)

But those Arabs don't want their slaves dying for their FAKE prophet (Muhammad) to know the truth.
That's why he's saying it simply means the ANOINTED

There are many anointed Kings and High Priests in the land of Israel but the expected Messiah is to be both Priest and King at the same time. He will rule over the house of Israel forever and serve as the High Priest through whom all prospective tenants of earthly Paradise can gain forgiveness of their sins. Luke 23:43
That's why apart from the God of Israel only Jesus could forgive Sin! Matthew 9:2 smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 5:16am On May 19, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

And don't ever tell me here that Jesus was like Moses.

I don't know why you guys just lie and keep trying to cover your Biblical lies.

When you emphasis Jesus as Christ but Moses wasn't Christ so how are they similar?

Was Moses called Emmanuel?
Was Moses punished and crucified like Jesus?
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 5:27am On May 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Abraham is the only father of faith and the friend of Allah!

Can we say others have no faith and are enemies of Allah?

I think Christianity in general is just about hyping Jesus more than what he actually is.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:16am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

And don't ever tell me here that Jesus was like Moses.

I don't know why you guys just lie and keep trying to cover your Biblical lies.

When you emphasis Jesus as Christ but Moses wasn't Christ so how are they similar?

Was Moses called Emmanuel?
Was Moses punished and crucified like Jesus?

Jesus Christ is more than Moses, just show us maybe in your Quran where Moses was called with this special name, Al-masi MESSIAH

Jesus Christ died and resurrected, your Quran and ahadith made you to understand that JESUS CHRIST IS ALIVE, Shey I lie?

Sha don't come here next time saying muhammad is also Al-masi or else you will tell us where muhammad was called with MESSIAH
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Al-Masihu (Arabic) means
Messiah (Hebrew)
Christ (Greek)
Saviour (English)

But those Arabs don't want their slaves dying for their FAKE prophet (Muhammad) to know the truth.
That's why he's saying it simply means the ANOINTED

There are many anointed Kings and High Priests in the land of Israel but the expected Messiah is to be both Priest and King at the same time. He will rule over the house of Israel forever and serve as the High Priest through whom all prospective tenants of earthly Paradise can gain forgiveness of their sins. Luke 23:43
That's why apart from the God of Israel only Jesus could forgive Sin! Matthew 9:2 smiley

AntiChristian shey you see this sha? MaxInDHouse thank you
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

AntiChristian shey you see this sha? MaxInDHouse thank you

You're welcome Sir!
It's our job, telling the world what Jesus Christ of Nazareth stands for! Act 1:8 smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 8:24am On May 19, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

Jesus Christ is more than Moses, just show us maybe in your Quran where Moses was called with this special name, Al-masi MESSIAH

Jesus Christ died and resurrected, your Quran and ahadith made you to understand that JESUS CHRIST IS ALIVE, Shey I lie?

Sha don't come here next time saying muhammad is also Al-masi or else you will tell us where muhammad was called with MESSIAH

So who is the Prophecy in Deuteronomy 18:18 for?

Abeg look before you leap! No just dey chook mouth anywhere....
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

So who is the Prophecy in Deuteronomy 18:18 for? Abeg look before you leap! No just dey chook mouth anywhere....
The Messiah is the only prophet whose real identity confused the Jews so much that by the time he arrived they failed to RECOGNIZE him. John 1:11-12
WHY?
According to the scriptures the Messiah will be the High priest like Melchizedek the King of Salem (Peace) {Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 7:1} there was no record of Melchizedek's kingdom or his rules so the scriptures goes on to tell us that the Messiah will sit and rule on David's throne {Isaiah 9:7} meaning he's the greater David {Ezekiel 34:23} none of God's servants was wiser than Solomon {1King 4:29} but the Messiah will have greater wisdom than Solomon because he's going to be the world's most wonderful counselor of all time {Isaiah 9:6 compare to Matthew 12:42} no servant of God controlled the forces of nature like a God except Moses {Exodus 7:1} so the Messiah will be the greater Moses and control all the forces of nature like a God!
John 1:1

That's why after considering all these qualities in just one person the Qur'an referred to Jesus exclusively as the Al-Masihu the one and only prophet that's unequaled.

Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 10:12am On May 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The Messiah is the only prophet whose real identity confused the Jews so much that by the time he arrived they failed to RECOGNIZE him. John 1:11-12
WHY?
According to the scriptures the Messiah will be the High priest like Melchizedek the King of Salem (Peace) {Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 7:1} there was no record of Melchizedek's kingdom or his rules so the scriptures goes on to tell us that the Messiah will sit and rule on David's throne {Isaiah 9:7} meaning he's the greater David {Ezekiel 34:23} none of God's servants was wiser than Solomon {1King 4:29} but the Messiah will have greater wisdom than Solomon because he's going to be the world's most wonderful counselor of all time {Isaiah 9:6 compare to Matthew 12:42} no servant of God controlled the forces of nature like a God except Moses {Exodus 7:1} so the Messiah will be the greater Moses and control all the forces of nature like a God!
John 1:1

That's why after considering all these qualities in just one person the Qur'an referred to Jesus exclusively as the Al-Masihu the one and only prophet that's unequaled.

Type long prose that makes little sense!

Jesus is like Moses.
Jesus is the Messiah
Show us where Moses was the Messiah in the Bible?
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Type long prose that makes little sense!
Jesus is like Moses.
Jesus is the Messiah
Show us where Moses was the Messiah in the Bible?

Jesus was like:
Melchizedek
Moses
Aaron
Joshua
David
Solomon

So Jesus is incomparable to a single human because his duty surpassed all others that's why your Qu'ran exclusively referred to only Jesus as the Al-Masihu! smiley
Re: Who Really Is Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 3:03pm On May 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus was like:
Melchizedek
Moses
Aaron
Joshua
David
Solomon

So Jesus is incomparable to a single human because his duty surpassed all others that's why your Qu'ran exclusively referred to only Jesus as the Al-Masihu! smiley

Give the bible verses where it is stated that Jesus was like them?
And since Jesus was like them, were they also called Messiah too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's All Get Drunk! / Are Indian Mystics Fake Or Real? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.