Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? (11226 Views)

5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call / Never Date At Your Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by immortalityk: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
Well I just had an accident at my job and my left index finger was cut
I'm at home now thinking about my life

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Onyi22(f): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
What I so much hate about my job is that customers doesn't flow in during the day, compare to night.
They won't call me during the day but once it's night, they will want to kill me with so much calls. At times, I end up not meeting up with some clients.
Although the money is encouraging, I have to manage it like that..

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Bamzyriches451: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
The sleepness nights
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by macho44(m): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Dozis:
Like the question goes,
I will start with mine, I'm a druggist.
Patient: I have this severe body pain and headache that won't let me do anything, please give me a good pain killer.

Me: (proceeds to get the "best" analgesic), you have to take this one tablet every 12 hours for 3 days.

Patient: how much is it?

Me: ₦1,000

Patient: Ah, why is it too expensive naa, just ordinary pain killer, please give me paracetamol.

Me: (speaking in my mind) why you no just walk in tell me say paracetamol you wan buy.

2nd scenario:

Patient: Pharm please I want the best antimalarial.

Me: This one is ₦1800

Patient: That's too expensive, give me the one of a lesser price.

Me (proceeds to bring another one)
This one is ₦1,600.

Patient: You don't have the one that the price is lesser than these two.

Me: (brings the cheapest) this one is "dozismartem", it's ₦250.

Patient: Are you sure this one will work, please give me that first one you said it's ₦1,800.

Me: (speaking to myself) What is the colour of your problem this morning?.

I also hate the fact that what I earn is not commensurate with the volume of books I read in school (I practically had no social life back in school and still don't have).

I hate working on Sundays and there are no public holidays because we are termed "essential workers".
Last but not all,

Patient: Please I want to buy "Beecham Ampiclox", two capsules.

Me: Please ma we don't "cut" Ampiclox, do you realise that Ampiclox is an antibiotic and you need to follow the full dosage regimen of one capsule every six hours for five days? that means you need two scahets of ten capsules each, to complete the regimen, this is to completely eradicate the bacteria and also avoid antibiotics resistance.

Patient: Two capsules are enough for me, that's how I take it, you just want to "sell more market", I for no even come here, if to say that chemist for my street don open.

Me: (by this time I'm already weak and have nothing more to say as she jejely goes to look for where they will cut two capsules for her)
And she will definitely see because we are in "competition" with Patent medicine dealers and because our healthcare system is so messed up that the profession is more regulated for the professionals than the quacks in the street, because people can actually buy prescription only medications without a proper prescription in Nigeria and because if you are a pharmacist waiting for a doctor's prescription before you can sell a drug in Nigeria, you go wait tire.
There are still more but let me stop here.
In my next thread, I will be writing about common misconception about drugs in Nigeria and how we abuse drugs ignorantly.

What do you hate about your job?

Absolutely nothing, I love everything about my JOB

Tired Of Paying For Premium SEO & DIGITAL MARKETING Tools? Get Instant Access To Over 150+ Premium SEO & DIGITAL Marketing Tools For FREE Today @ FreeToolsHub
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by overseasnbeyond: 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
WORKING TO MANY HOURS OF OVERTIME
Dozis:
Like the question goes,
Patient: I have this severe body pain and headache that won't let me do anything, please give me a good pain killer.

Me: (proceeds to get the "best" analgesic), you have to take this one tablet every 12 hours for 3 days.

Patient: Ah, why is it too expensive naa, just ordinary pain killer, please give me paracetamol.

Me: (speaking in my mind) why you no just walk in tell me say paracetamol you wan buy.

2nd scenario:

This one is ₦1,600.

Patient: Are you sure this one will work, please give me that first one you said it's ₦1,800.

I also hate the fact that what I earn is not commensurate with the volume of books I read in school (I practically had no social life back in school and still don't have).

I hate working on Sundays and there are no public holidays because we are termed "essential workers".
Last but not all,

Me: Please ma we don't "cut" Ampiclox, do you realise that Ampiclox is an antibiotic and you need to follow the full dosage regimen of one capsule every six hours for five days? that means you need two scahets of ten capsules each, to complete the regimen, this is to completely eradicate the bacteria and also avoid antibiotics resistance.

Patient: Two capsules are enough for me, that's how I take it, you just want to "sell more market", I for no even come here, if to say that chemist for my street don open.

Me: (by this time I'm already weak and have nothing more to say as she jejely goes to look for where they will cut two capsules for her)
And she will definitely see because we are in "competition" with Patent medicine dealers and because our healthcare system is so messed up that the profession is more regulated for the professionals than the quacks in the street, because people can actually buy prescription only medications without a proper prescription in Nigeria and because if you are a pharmacist waiting for a doctor's prescription before you can sell a drug in Nigeria, you go wait tire.
In my next thread, I will be writing about common misconception about drugs in Nigeria and how we abuse drugs ignorantly.

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Nelidee(m): 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
immortalityk:

shocked
Sorry O.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by SlayerForever: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
My main job you mean. I've got several. What I dislike is the fact it doesn't pay me as much I want, considering the time I put in.
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by chatinent: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
I was always made to be in the sun.

I was turning darker by the day.

No longer there tho. Self-employed.
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
Klass99:

At 1 - Now I totally get you. That was my experience too when we worked from home during Covid, at my sister's organization HR and the CEO believed their people weren't working at all and just lounging.

2 & 3 - Actually had me LOL grin, this bit in particular ''because everything is urgent else someone would die so there is serious juggling of resources.''

1. Yet results are still coming out like magic abi? grin I do not deny some people actually lounge. My CEO once complained that some people are just collecting salary, they are not visible at work anymore cheesy grin
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Jacku: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

But you are describing the average worker in the Nigerian workplace.

And I use 'Nigerian' because that is the only workplace I know.

It is your prejudice and negative bias towards women that is at play here.

Sure, each gender have negative traits mostly associated with them but to think gossiping, ass licking(receiving and giving) and been emotional is a woman's thing shows you are not been objective.

@emotions: it is a constantly propagated myth that women are 'emotional' and men 'logical'. Well, almost every human (male & female) are very emotional and do things because of emotions: anger, ego, insecurities, over excitement, happiness, feeling good etc.

I mostly relate with male customers at work (about 97%) and I can get them to agree to almost anything because I am a good negotiator. And I negotiate using people's emotions (OP, those are one of the things I like about my job anyways).

It is a well known fact that anyone whom you cater to his/her ego (emotions of pride, feeling better than others or on top), you will get them to do anything for you.

Tell me the gender again that you are told to 'massage' their ego to get what you want?

Yet, I will not say men are the 'emotional' gender because men & women display emotions in different ways.

There are very few people who think logically and even them use emotions to deliver the package at times.
i like you, for real. What's your job about? Mind me asking?
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by chukzyfcbb: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
Work in tech.

I am required to be an octopus (posses multi-cross skills)...........A very fast paced and mentally tasking role

Not easy but we move.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by tunwumi: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
Dozis:
Like the question goes,

2nd scenario:

This one is ₦1,600.

Last but not all,

Put the link to drug abuse in this post.
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by OlawaleBammie: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
No tym to rest, even on sundays embarassed embarassed
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by bukatyne(f): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
Jacku:
i like you, for real. What's your job about? Mind me asking?

Kidnapping Nairaland men grin
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Ayion: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
My job is not having a job and I hate everything about this job
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by bukatyne(f): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
chukzyfcbb:
Work in tech.

I am required to be an octopus (posses multi-cross skills)...........A very fast paced and mentally tasking role

Not easy but we move.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by nans24: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
Onyi22:
What I so much hate about my job is that customers doesn't flow in during the day, compare to night.
They won't call me during the day but once it's night, they will want to kill me with so much calls. At times, I end up not meeting up with some clients.
Although the money is encouraging, I have to manage it like that..

Hmm, Night worker.
Weldone O.
grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by chukzyfcbb: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Why are you smiling, are you also wearing similar shoe?
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Orangebasket: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
Everything!!
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by The5DME(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
Im bored as hell in my job. There's nothing new to learn, which makes it boring to me. I need a new job.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Dozis: 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
immortalityk:
Sorry bro

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Jacku: 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
bukatyne:

Kidnapping Nairaland men grin
smh... And using them for?
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by bukatyne(f): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
chukzyfcbb:

Why are you smiling, are you also wearing similar shoe?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One of my posts to klas.s99 touched on something like this.

To deliver excellent service to clients means burnt out employees except there are a loooooooooooooooooooot of employees.

Bet we move. cheesy

P.S.: I am sure you feel very fulfilled when you sort out a client's issue and he/she confirms their satisfaction.
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by bukatyne(f): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
Jacku:
smh... And using them for?

What again?

Blood money grin cool shocked

That's why I need to negotiate well; minimum amount of men for the maximum amount of period. tongue
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Dozis: 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
tunwumi:

Put the link to drug abuse in this post.

Sure
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Jacku: 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
bukatyne:

What again?

Blood money grin cool shocked

That's why I need to negotiate well; minimum amount of men for the maximum amount of period. tongue
smh again...

Uhhmmm...Do you need an intern? grin
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by ukaface(f): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2021
Some of the unappreciative and rude patients I get to meet.
Also the stress

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by chukzyfcbb: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
bukatyne:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One of my posts to klas.s99 touched on something like this.

To deliver excellent service to clients means burnt out employees except there are a loooooooooooooooooooot of employees.

Bet we move. cheesy

P.S.: I am sure you feel very fulfilled when you sort out a client's issue and he/she confirms their satisfaction.
Yea I do agree.

When the client issue gets resolved, I feel like superman/Thanos smiley

Above all, I kinda like that I get to wear many hats coz I think it makes me more desirable in the market place but potential to burn out

But yea, we moveeeeee
Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by makavelli80(m): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2021
Indians; u can only understand if u know how abhorent it is to work with them

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by lewis512(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2021
Tech!!

Mental draining is the issue I have with it sometimes I forget I have something in my hand and I still look for it cause am thinking about how to make code work,run test, probable errors etc Oh multi tasking too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by Quahl: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
The fact that i have to jump bus 5:30am everyday. O ti su mi

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? by zoyafatima(f): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
Well, I do not hate my job so much Since I working with Ideators and I am happy to be a part of it but sometimes its hard to handle too much work in a day and the stress ruined all the happy hours smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? / Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / 6 Ways To Secure Your Current Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.