Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe (32606 Views)

Top 10 Hardest Masters Degrees To Study In The World / Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Greenvaiper: 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Go hit your head on the wall.

Too many Illiterates on nairaland
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Calitoscassius(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
but that may not guarantee u a permanent visa
Okay, so it is about a visa to stay. Not about lack of white collar jobs. I see!.
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Calitoscassius(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
Greenvaiper:

Too many Illiterates on nairaland
Lick my ass! Einstern!
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Hadampson(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2021
I would do more than that JUST to be a citizen of a sane country smiley
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Nigeriadondie: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

You must have been through a lot
Bro not easy. U have multiple jobs, classes are there, problems from home, constant fear due to uncertainty with respect to your immigration status as the fear of going home gives you sleepless night. It can make you loose erection

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by ProfGday(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
GOD,PLS NA SHAME BE DIZ... PLS DO NOT DELIVER US INTO HIS HANDS...

THANK YOU PAPA WEY DEY HEAVEN

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Nigeriadondie: 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ppogbae:

That is only beneficial to them if they can find suitable work that’s commensurate with their degrees and qualifications. As mentioned in the article, there are many factors against them including racial prejudice. I truly wish them and all those embarking on a similar path nothing but the best.
We don’t mind the racial prejudice after all we suffer from tribal prejudice in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by adonis89(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
Same story of one Pere from Southern Ijaw and same Belgium. The guy get plenty degrees
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Sirnose(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2021
educosm :-post=105343207:
TIME IS RUNNING OUT.ASUU STRIKE IS HERE AGAIN
STUDY ABROAD .CALL US
shocked undecided grin

Bros this your marketing strategy Sha!!...
Why are you making it sound like ASUU is doing bonanza With the strike!?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by RodgersAkpafu: 1:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

Bro not easy. U have multiple jobs, classes are there, problems from home, constant fear due to uncertainty with respect to your immigration status as the fear of going home gives you sleepless night. It can make you loose erection
But it was worth it at the end
that is what matters
You did not toil in vain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by santuse: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Davidganna10:
It is the same thing in even the English speaking countries (UK US, Canada).

How do you think most people legalize their stay in US, if not by marriage or continuer schooling, an m.sc /P.HD graduate in USA have a very slim chances in legalizing their stay through work sponsorship. Because most firm will not sponsor you, because of how expensive it is and even if they do it will take you minimum of 8 years to become a Permanent resident or Green card Holder. So most student have to marry to stay permanently, while some not so lucky ones continue schooling since most P.HD are funded and also pay stipends for upkeep.

For Canada, although this is the easiest country to obtain permanent residence. It is not that straightforward, because with one year college PGD you qualify for only one year PGWP which may not be enough to qualify for CEC. So most student with one year PGD/C go for another one year PGD/C so as to get 3 years PGWP which should be enough to get one year full time skill job in NOC O,A or B. And with this stand a great chance in getting Permanent residence.

In UK, with the introduction of two year post study visa, which will enable student secure a job that will sponsor their work visa. If sponsors are not forthcoming after the two years post study visa, then most students will go for P.HD which will give them more time to search for jobs with sponsors.

So you see everybody are doing everything legally possible so as not to return to this country
OK
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Illshef(m): 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
smart girl! sad
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Tundex911: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
E no go better for pass, present and future leaders of this nation...

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by seanjy4konji: 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
ehn ehn now...

come back now...

U go do olonsho work ehn u go look mirror u go nearly commit suicide...

Lekki boys go nearly destroy you..
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by OdogwuEkeke(m): 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
She was smart to really put herself out there. Now job is secured. Very smart move.
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by DAramis: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

Listen folks, these people aren’t doing it for pursuit of knowledge but to seek pathways for them to get permanent residency. Even if they get low paying jobs what matters is for them not to come back to Buhari kingdom. I was one of such students before and I m here in Europe with my permanent residence and soon citizenship
Which country and how were you able to do it?
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by authority2006(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I know of a boy who traveled for school since 2013.. since then Baba never come back

[s] Sometimes it's better to be a dog in the city than a lion in the jungle
[/s]

Me, I prefer to be a lion in the jungle to a dog in the city all the time. Dog's life sucks. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by authority2006(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

Listen folks, these people aren’t doing it for pursuit of knowledge but to seek pathways for them to get permanent residency. Even if they get low paying jobs what matters is for them not to come back to Buhari kingdom. I was one of such students before and I m here in Europe with my permanent residence and soon citizenship

I ain't jealous at all, happy citizenship and congrats in advance
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by authority2006(m): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

We don’t mind the racial prejudice after all we suffer from tribal prejudice in Nigeria

But why the mountain of complaints?

Nigeriadondie:

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by TRIXIA: 12:30am On Sep 01, 2021
Willie2015:

What lift a man is not the location...
But Gods connection....
Its Heaven that elevates a Man...

GENESIS 12.1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Raxxye(m): 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Willie2015:

What lift a man is not the location...
But Gods connection....
Its Heaven that elevates a Man...
Don't deceive yourself, My brother. Location is a factor in one's upliftment.
I can state with almost a certainty that right now you are not in your village of birth. You have had a need to change location in search of a better life!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Gerrard59(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davidganna10:
It is the same thing in even the English speaking countries (UK US, Canada).

How do you think most people legalize their stay in US, if not by marriage or continuer schooling, an m.sc /P.HD graduate in USA have a very slim chances in legalizing their stay through work sponsorship. Because most firm will not sponsor you, because of how expensive it is and even if they do it will take you minimum of 8 years to become a Permanent resident or Green card Holder. So most student have to marry to stay permanently, while some not so lucky ones continue schooling since most P.HD are funded and also pay stipends for upkeep.

For Canada, although this is the easiest country to obtain permanent residence. It is not that straightforward, because with one year college PGD you qualify for only one year PGWP which may not be enough to qualify for CEC. So most student with one year PGD/C go for another one year PGD/C so as to get 3 years PGWP which should be enough to get one year full time skill job in NOC O,A or B. And with this stand a great chance in getting Permanent residence.

In UK, with the introduction of two year post study visa, which will enable student secure a job that will sponsor their work visa. If sponsors are not forthcoming after the two years post study visa, then most students will go for P.HD which will give them more time to search for jobs with sponsors.

So you see everybody are doing everything legally possible so as not to return to this country.

Maybe for Indians and Chinese due to their sheer number in the US but not so for Nigerians or Sub-Saharan Africans.
Re: Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe by Willie2015: 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Raxxye:

Don't deceive yourself, My brother. Location is a factor in one's upliftment.
I can state with almost a certainty that right now you are not in your village of birth. You have had a need to change location in search of a better life!

For not from the east or from the west .....
and not from the wilderness comes lifting up...
but it is God who executes judgment....
putting down one and lifting up another.....

Psalm 75:6-7 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2011 Cutoff Marks Of Nigerian Universities / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students / Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.