Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence (22879 Views)

Davido Tries Using His Voice To Oppress Dababy, See What Dababy Does / Picture Of Wizkid Performing In Botswana Despite News Of A Poor Turnout / Pictures Of Wizkid With Jada Pollock, His 3rd Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Uptown7(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2021
Wizzy seems to be getting more accolades for the track but sincerely Tems vibes on the track was top notch and probably made it the banger it is.
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2021
Uptown7:
Wizzy seems to be getting more accolades for the track but sincerely Tems vibes on the track was top notch and probably made it the banger it is.
It is WizKids song na. Tell Ur fave to write a hit song and feature a female wt a powerful voice too.

Only wizkid saw value in Tems. After she released 'try me' in June 2019, WizKid invited her to perform at UBAs concert in December 2019. He also brought her on stage to perform at his Starboyfest Dec 2019. Imagine having dt voice and dt song and those were her only paid concerts in December.

Now everyone sees dt she's a star and hyping her. Na only wiz see d hype when all of U ignored her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by omoadeleye(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2021
Olamilekxy:
For the record, no song out of africa ever blow like essence. Its crazy!!

Tems and wiz made magic

Be deceiving yourself them. Davido is their baba, and there are lots of songs of Davido covered by many foreign artistes.
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by sammirano: 9:57am On Sep 01, 2021
midolian:
Nonsense

Without Tems, no essence. Call it freestyle or whatever, if Tems isn't on the track, better change the title

Even Tems cant say the nonsense you just said.

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Fuckthamods: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2021
post=105374928:
Wow shocked
Da baby killed it mehn!
Wtf!
Gbedu wey dey burst brain.
Everybody allova the world � just love this song scatter,
STARBOY carry go,
You don't need no other bodyyyy....

Wizkid : Essence.

Coincidentally, that is the song all of us @[/b] are jamming in this PH traffic right now.
Sing along awon eyan [b]STARBOY
Dem MANNA on da beat.....

Ohh naa naa
Omo je ka shi ge ge whoa
Ohh naa naa
Omo ge wa j'ogede, whoa
Ohh naa naa
Girl I no go let you go
Ohh naa naa
Omo je ka shi ge ge whoa
Say I wanna leave you in the mornin'
But I need you now, yeah, yeah
I find you, I give you all you needin'
I know you what you like
I feel it comin'
Time is of the essence
I tried to teach you
But I might need some lessons
I need to give it all
I tried to leave but I can't
I don't know why, you're the one
Turn me out of my mind
You don't need no other body
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body
Say na me dey mess up your mind
And na me dey make you free up your mind
Say your body talk to me nice
Say na my love, you dey need for your life
Yeah our love no be lie
See yeah we dey together yeah day and night
Yeah if I leave you go kpai
Yeah if you leave I go kpai (oh, oh whoa)
I'm strokin' your body, baby
Lovin' your body, baby
As you're whinin' your body, baby, so crazy
Lovin' your body, baby
Gyal iwo ni temi
I just wanna let you know, ohh
Hope every day that I dey by you
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body
Baby, baby
Everybody used to say
No one loves you like this
No one wants you the same way
Love 'til the mornin'
My head wan' to turn from your lovin'
I just wanna get you beside me (whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa)
Gave you all you need, gave you all you need
Gave you all, you give me all you need
Give you all you need, gave you all
Make ah give you all you need
Every touch you need, give you all
Make ah give you all you need, baby
Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah
You don't need no other body (whoa, whoa, whoa)
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body (yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah)
Baby girl I want you there
Girl I want you there
Promise to treat your love fair
Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa
When we touch, how we connect
Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa
Said this love, have no regret
Whoa-whoa, yeah-yeah
Get a life!
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by nisai: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Agbalagba like you.... early this morning. Smh
grin grin grin
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by nisai: 10:19am On Sep 01, 2021
sunshineV:
wizkid has raise the bar so high, froggie and odogwu cant touch in years to come. next year, wizkid will turn grammy to headies
My thought.

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2021
googlepikins:
Nice one though.

Meanwhile
Atleast we now have an idea of where government funds are being invested into.
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2021
I am sure Tems wrote the song
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Themandator: 10:59am On Sep 01, 2021
Leaforever:
American rapper, Dababy has decided to jump on the essence train by doing a cover of the hit song 'Essence' by Wizkid featuring Tems. The rapper posted this on his YouTube page.

This is not the first time Wizkid will be getting a US celebrity cover for his music. As it would be recalled US rapper Drake did a YouTube cover of himself singing 'ojuelegba' in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGjOT_Rsw0I

He voiced on the beat... Not a single line from the original was mentioned from start to finish..... We don't even know who used the beat first
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Yankee101: 11:01am On Sep 01, 2021
They pander to nigeria for clicks when they are down
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2021
Hopebringer:

Do you even understand what world music chart or rather should I say genre is?

So many kids on this forum.. so in your mind the album is number 1 in the world ?

Kai what a........
Yeah billboard world is a genre in the American music charts. This song is currently no1 on Billboard r&b/hip-hop genre too though - the version with Justin Beiber. The Shade Room posted it earlier today. The original version (without Justin) is currently no1 on US urban radio and currently no1 on US Shazam.
His album, MIL is still on the billboard 200 for 3weeks now (longest running Nigerian album in this generation, burna only spent 1 week). And it has been on Billboard World for 45 weeks and counting. Also his tours are selling out in a day in the US, Canada and the UK.

Anyhow U look at it Wizkid is winning EVERYWHERE! He hasn't even stepped in the US since 2017. No radio or TV promos like the others. Lol

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by HoluGraze: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2021
Sede99:
Wizkid is now a superstar

What was he before?

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2021
solasoulmusic:
I am sure Tems wrote the song
Haha she freestyled her chorus ONLY.

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2021
[s]
Leaforever:

Yeah billboard world is a genre in the American music charts. This song is currently no1 on Billboard r&b/hip-hop genre too though - the version with Justin Beiber. The Shade Room posted it earlier today. The original version (without Justin) is currently no1 on US urban radio and currently no1 on US Shazam.
His album, MIL is still on the billboard 200 for 3weeks now (longest running Nigerian album in this generation, burna only spent 1 week). And it has been on Billboard World for 45 weeks and counting. Also his tours are selling out in a day in the US, Canada and the UK.

Anyhow U look at it Wizkid is winning EVERYWHERE! He hasn't even stepped in the US since 2017. No radio or TV promos like the others. Lol
[/s]

Trash

Tems made that song a hit , because WizKid lacks talent

Cry me a River
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2021
[s]
stinflame:

What are you even saying? Stop assuming and pay him his accolade, every single thing Tem said on that song was definitely built and imagined by wizkid. What he wants is what she did,its he song and he dictates how high and low her vocals is. Wizkid is Essence and Essence is Wizkid.
[/s]

Shut up kid
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

You're the kid bro, u don't know anything.
Yeah number 1 album

Shut up kid
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2021
[s]
EmmanuelScott1:

Ur papa make the song a hit, sometimes I wonder how u modafuckers reason, OBO feature the whole American nothing blow, wizkid feature Tems, e blow now nah Tems make the song a hit, I forget to add khalid feature OBo and Tems, e no pass Khalid house grin grin
[/s]

Another tout spotted

WizKid is a talentless idiot , tems made that song a hit

WizKid has to feature in others songs to lay any claim to fame. grin

Now cry me a River
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2021
Hopebringer:
[s][/s]

Trash

Tems made that song a hit , because WizKid lacks talent

Cry me a River
But Ur d one crying at dis news. tongue I'm happy and laughing, wizzy is making bank. wink Cry well o grin.
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2021
[s]
EmmanuelScott1:

grin grin grin cry cry, ur fav feature every American artist, still no where to be found, ooo ur artist even Tems with Khalid no where to be found
[/s]

Another thug on the loose

WizKid and davido are both stupid untalented idiots

Only burna and tems are the real deal

So cry me a River grin
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2021
Hndrrxxx:
tryna diss Hendrix that will prolly get you killed??

Another tout on the loose

An empty barrel low level thug
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2021
Leaforever:

But Ur d one crying at dis news. tongue I'm happy and laughing, wizzy is making bank. wink Cry well o grin.

WizKid and David and two talentless trash artists.

Only burna and tems are legit
Now cry

Cry for me grin
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2021
Hopebringer:

WizKid and David and two talentless trash artists.

Only burna and tems are legit
Now cry

Cry for me grin
Hehehehe..don't run mad O. grin
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Hopebringer: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2021
Leaforever:

Hehehehe..don't run mad O. grin

Says that person crying over a talentless artist grin

Cry me a River kiddo
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2021
U don trek reach P.H, hope no be for Buhari sha. Cus ur leg no go forgive u.

[quote

author= post=105374928]Wow shocked
Da baby killed it mehn!
Wtf!
Gbedu wey dey burst brain.
Everybody allova the world � just love this song scatter,
STARBOY carry go,
You don't need no other bodyyyy....

Wizkid : Essence.

Coincidentally, that is the song all of us @[/b]
[b]are jamming in this PH traffic right now.

Sing along awon eyan STARBOY....
Dem MANNA on da beat.....
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Whiteways: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hes in to oil & gas too.

PoTTV:
This man abi woman sef... how you dey get time to type all these things? Don't you have some meat to grill and customers to attend to?
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by richie240: 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
midolian:
Nonsense

Without Tems, no essence. Call it freestyle or whatever, if Tems isn't on the track, better change the title
I taya o!
He shd have at least included her hook in d cover.
I was hoping to hear it, even if its 4 sm few secs.

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by richie240: 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Uptown7:
Without downplaying whiz or tems input, I think d producer who cooked DT beat is d real McCoy!

The gye finish work 4 d beat!
They all had their part in making d song a hit.

1 Like

Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Okhuadams(m): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
midolian:
Nonsense

Baba God no go let bad belle kill u there if e Never kill u there already. Ingredients and Nonsense
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by PoTTV: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Whiteways:
Hes in to oil & gas too.

mannaBBQ Oil & Grass
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Frenzy01(m): 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
Make i no lie.. I be OBO fan, but this essence sweet die cool cool cool

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Dababy Does A Video Cover Of Wizkid's Essence by Obidiugwu: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
Wow..nice one....Dm us for directing of your musical videos, movies,event and commercial..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Vast Of Bracket Welcome Party After Undergoing Cancer Treatment / Mobolaji Abiodun Momodu Celebrates 50th Birthday In Grand Style (Photos) / Timi Dakolo Poses With His Beautiful Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.