Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? (35348 Views)

N100k Monthly Job In The Village Or N150k Job In The City / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by afesco: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2021
Speeddial:
The American visa is ready and having a job that pay $400 monthly.

Take the American visa and travel to the US? Or stay in Nigeria and take 400k monthly permanent Job.

Which option is best?
if it is a visiting Visa, take d 400k monthly permanent job in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by maridrug(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2021
<1000?
Bro relocate!!!
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by FarinJini: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

At the first bolded, I wish are not in a such situation or being a family to a victim.

Dude, why must I be super rich to enjoy basic health care? Isn't that insane? Is that the type of life you choose to live? Even with your super riches you still wouldn't be able to get proper health-care in Nigeria.

Is your President not wealthy? Why must he always visit the UK for health-care? Do you know how many times he's spent in the UK since he became the president?

And do you think health-care is accessible in Nigeria?

I'm not disputing it sir. 9ja is pretty messed up at the moment but with the options the op gave, 400k here is better. You pay little or no tax unlike in the US. Plus you can't compare the cost of living. A decent apartment that'll cost 150-200k in a year here can cost more than 400 dollars in a month there. With a better job in the US, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... Everybody go move but the 400 dollars there against 400k naira here isn't it.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by FarinJini: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2021
tnerro1:

Well, at least bandits, kidnappers or police no go collect the 400 dollars for my hand na grin
You funny I swear grin

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by KennethEnyi(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2021
Some people Dey reason Dey naija o
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by MufasaLion: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
FarinJini:
I'm not disputing it sir. 9ja is pretty messed up at the moment but with the options the op gave, 400k here is better. You pay little or no tax unlike in the US. Plus you can't compare the cost of living. A decent apartment that'll cost 150-200k in a year here can cost more than 400 dollars in a month there. With a better job in the US, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... Everybody go move but the 400 dollars there against 400k naira here isn't it.

Seems I've said it before that $400 is a peanut. And I doubt if that guy is going there through a legal way.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by ajl: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
revolt:
I just laugh at clueless posts like this. The blind leafing the blind. Both places have advantages and disadvantages. It's true that you make more money WITH HARDWORK in the u.s i.e standing for 10 hrs... no time to gist ... just work work work... but more importantly it's practically impossible to save in the u.s especially as an uber driver. The bills pour in like tsunami.
Food is cheap.... hehehe... thats the Trojan horse they sell to you. 5he pharmaceutical companies own the food production lines, so the GMO foods are packed with fat, sugar, cholesterol salt and insidious substances to make you sick and without the relevant nutrients. So you may see apples the size of coconuts packed with sugar and little vitamin C or you eat chicken that's been grown / dipped in steroids within 2 years you're being diagnosed of cancer or diabetes or heart disease. As for the children born ...they're quick to vaccinate them with hundred of vaxcines.. Those kids hardly grow up healthy with underlying diseases and autism in a lot of cases. If you're black the healthcare system is your number one enemy. They never treat you completely and even try to give you more complications so you keep coming back... because heathcare is paid by insurance. Its an iteration process. The drugs are weaker than what you get in naija for a start you can't even get simple anti biotics except you go see a doctor which will be billed from your insurance .. the doctor has to diagnose and make sure you always keep coming back. That's capitalism. Then they poison the foods to control populations ie by zipcode the big retail marts are used to destroy populations by sterilizing people via the foods. So yhe real people that enjoy u.s ate those that come here work for about 6 months then go back to naija and convert their funds to naira.
As for women... loneliness wan kill them here. Men do not want to marry. Sez is even more difficult here npt just because the girls all want 6 figure earning men but more importantly you touch a girl ghost her and the next day you are accused of rape and your life destroyed infact God saved me once while in school a chic was making advances on me I dulled cos I had other options and wasn't really reciprocating even after she'd invested me to her house 3 times(her 5 kids..YES ..5 were asleep as she claimed ). This devilish chic.. fone chic... went and filled a sexual harassment case against me and identity theft ie she didn't feel safe with me in the school. I faced a panel and my saving grace were all the text messages she'd been sending me. She went Scott free. Marry at your peril in u.s for sure as a man. A worse mistake is to bring a girl from naija to marry here ....heheheeheheh. ... Doom.
As compared to naija where you deal with the high class girl most guys here have to deal with the most toxic women on the planet lol. You buy a house and yet don't really own it as you have to keep paying the taxes WHICH IF you or your kids miss will be taken immediately.. There's a big smoke screen about the u.s.

The things that make us tick in nigeria are impossible to get in the u.s. You'd be shocked at how much freedom you have at work. You gist play etc. Cherish that beer parlor lol.. loud music. Suya... and most importantly the NATURAL food which we eat. That's why our immune systems are a million times more powerful than the average person in the u.s. You can buy land and it belongs to your generations. Our Healthcare is terrible but most of the population do not require them cos we're quite a healthy population as compared to the u.s. Though this buhari govt has really Decimated nigeria but I know the moment the dullardeen leaves things will get better..

Both ends have yhe advantages and disadvantages. If you actually get a job that pays 400k omo.... stay back in naija then visit the u.s and flex then go back. Give birth to your kids here so they can be citizens and raise them back in naija.

Though you give a very extreme view about the USA, but as someone who live here, I won't say I do not have or share some of your sentiments. USA extreme capitalism is evil. If I remove the constant power supply, running water, quality healthcare and education, and modern infrastructure, then one has no business here except if you have young kids. However, as someone who just returned from a trip to Nija some days ago, living in Nigeria is like being in an open-air psychiatry with extreme chaos and disorder that make one wonder if indeed Nigerians are human. Maybe it's better in other state aside from Lagos. Extremely poor roads, flood even in areas with expensive properties, no drainage. I hate complaining about Nija but it seem to be in another "world". And in the midst of all that madness, what most of the vibrant youths care about is BBNaija.

3 Likes

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by FarinJini: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

Seems I've said it before that $400 is a peanut. And I doubt if that guy is going there through a legal way.
Exactly my point. With an additional 0 only! to the 400 dollars self, haba! With speed! Who no like better thing? I'm not allergic to enjoyment Bross grin
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by ajl: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
A society doesn't have to be wealthy for people to have a sense of humane existence. If Nigerians can focus on pursuing justice and a sense of order, that mean government officials doing their job which guarantees a modestly planned city, lined roads with people driving as humans, adequate security...... I will pack my luggage and fly home the next day. I won't bother about NEPA thanks to solar and will provide my own water system. But been surrounded by poverty is no fun. I hate to see people suffer in abject poverty.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by DaRuud(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
In my candid opinion i will advice you take the visa with $400 monthly pay . You can still

Speeddial:
The American visa is ready and having a job that pay $400 monthly. Don't forget $400 is roughly equivalent to #200,000 .
The way Nigeria is going now ( bandits , kidnappers , Police Brutality , Herdsmen , cost of gas , house rent , high cost of food , Electricity tariff , School fees , thieves , bad road , ASUU strike , Poor Hospital condition , water , government impunity , Agbero wahala , tax , Election fraud , . . . . ) , na only God fit help us

Take the American visa and travel to the US? Or stay in Nigeria and take 400k monthly permanent Job.

Which option is best?

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by hush15: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
smatt1711:
If I earn 400k monthly in Nigeria, I won't leave this country, is always better here when you have money, the problem is if you don't have money you will suffer...

pleas i have cheap laptops for Bet9ja shop,schools and offices (also good for personal use) ...from 30k up...all fuctions working perfectelly with warranty ...call or whatsapp .0.9.0*1105**57**58 , lets deal

I beg to disagree and this is because it all comes to value. 400k plus insecurity, plus inflation plus volatile environment, plus high standard of living, plus fellow greedy country men, plus awon corporate beggar crew, pls fam issues equals what compared to a more civil society, stable environment, organized society, good infrastructure, strong policies and institutions, consistent lifestyle, plus good social welfare systems with a fair but consistent wages void of family dramas.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by MufasaLion: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
FarinJini:
Exactly my point. With an additional 0 only! to the 400 dollars self, haba! With speed! Who no like better thing? I'm not allergic to enjoyment Bross grin

grin grin grin
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by ajl: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
Speeddial:

Which option is best?

I miss the part on the $400 job monthly in the USA. This is obviously an under-G job for someone with no paper or means of legal employment. Maybe a baby-sitting job. If you try coming to USA to take a $400 under-G job, you would regret you ever step foot in the US. The sad part is that you may be stuck in it for X-number of years or forever. If I have to choose between my dignity and a $400 per month under-G job with no future, I will jejely stay in Nija with my dignity intact. If you want to hear "Wen" give it a try.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by zudozz: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
just ask urself ''how much is #400,000.00 in united states dollars?
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by djseanjohn77: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Until you get out, you may never know what you are into. I earn about 1.5m or more depending on the exchange rate, by the time you pay bills, over 200k rent, etc (you can guess how depleted that is already), and then send money to families, friends etc ( something you must do once you are outside), you will pray if you had 400k job Nigeria is better. Home is always a better place, especially if you are from Lagos like me, I don't know of any other place, as long as you have a good pay job. I am an Environmentalist on a govt. project.

2 Likes

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by RALPHOW(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
1. Which type of visa?
2. How old are you?
3. Are you married or single?

If Single carry your load and go
If visitor Visa, take the job.
If Student or Work Visa, I beg carry your load and move!!
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Newboss(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
nzeobi:
If it's long stay in USA like 2 years and above please move.

You will think you have money in Nigeria until you are diagnosed with certain ailments and there are no facilities to treat you or certain challenges you will have and you won't see help coming.

Mind you in USA you have a better chance of developing your self and getting better deals and increasing your income

Even American citizens can't even afford American healthcare. Na only rich people dey bank on American healthcare. Even the health insurance na joke. Even malaria, your savings go hear am. Healthcare is one of the disadvantages of US, not advantage.

If not for insecurity, Nigeria is the best place to live.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Newboss(m): 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
FarinJini:
You can't even compare. Take the job and enjoy it in Nigeria my friend. 400 dollars is approximately 200k naira and we never even begin talk about taxes.
Accommodation still dey o

Na under bridge the guy go dey live for US
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by emmabango2021: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
Japa!!! how mush is N400k? less than $700. if I still see U here next month.......
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VTJN(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
djseanjohn77:
Until you get out, you may never know what you are into. I earn about 1.5m or more depending on the exchange rate, by the time you pay bills, over 200k rent, etc (you can guess how depleted that is already), and then send money to families, friends etc ( something you must do once you are outside), you will pray if you had 400k job Nigeria is better. Home is always a better place, especially if you are from Lagos like me, I don't know of any other place, as long as you have a good pay job. I am an Environmentalist on a govt. project.
Aptly said

I'm also an environmentalist who came out top of the class. A fresh graduate, who's based in Lagos. Please sir can you help me with a job, be it partime or fulltime?

Thanks
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by hkidola00(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
smatt1711:
If I earn 400k monthly in Nigeria, I won't leave this country, is always better here when you have money, the problem is if you don't have money you will suffer...

pleas i have cheap laptops for Bet9ja shop,schools and offices (also good for personal use) ...from 30k up...all fuctions working perfectelly with warranty ...call or whatsapp .0.9.0*1105**57**58 , lets deal
aiit cool,before I message u,where do u stay
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by kherlly(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Speeddial:

Which option is best?

Lemme receive the 400k first before I'll think bout the reply... I can't be managing 25k and u wants me to imagine what I dunno loool
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Adol84: 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2021
RALPHOW:
1. Which type of visa?
2. How old are you?
3. Are you married or single?

If Single carry your load and go
If visitor Visa, take the job.
If Student or Work Visa, I beg carry your load and move!!
. A man who is in the age of 36 and had an offer as this like studying in the UK, would you advise the person to jakpa? The person is still single.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Mrnairalandd: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
Jimasun:
$400 monthly? If the visa is not short term, move, you will get a better job there.

Don’t listen to this fool!

Americans are looking for where to go to have a better life

If America is that great, Nigerians who were born and raised here won’t be running back home to look for job

I can assure the Op that he would regret if he doesn’t accept 400k job in Nigeria

There is nothing here

The only people i can advise to coke here are Nigerians who are poverty ridden. No job nothing but if you have a job of 200k in Nigeria don’t come to USA

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Galaxydon1(m): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
400k job better pass washing of plates in america. Hunger Don kill me here. Make una help me
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by revolt(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
ajl:

Though you give a very extreme view about the USA, but as someone who live here, I won't say I do not have or share some of your sentiments. USA extreme capitalism is evil. If I remove the constant power supply, running water, quality healthcare and education, and modern infrastructure, then one has no business here except if you have young kids. However, as someone who just returned from a trip to Nija some days ago, living in Nigeria is like being in an open-air psychiatry with extreme chaos and disorder that make one wonder if indeed Nigerians are human. Maybe it's better in other state aside from Lagos. Extremely poor roads, flood even in areas with expensive properties, no drainage. I hate complaining about Nija but it seem to be in another "world". And in the midst of all that madness, what most of the vibrant youths care about is BBNaija.
yes I get you. But my response was for a guy facing the dilemma of leaving a 400 k job to relocate... bro... it would be folly for him to relocate when he can come and go... he can even come down during his time off and do some factory work and go back. As compared to coming over here on a 2 yr visa... having to marry a witch that will make him lose a lot of brain cells and get green ...probably have a child with her which when they divorce he gets to pay child support for 18yrs... trust me his 400k job is better for now.
Buhari destroyed that country but once that animal leaves
..I think nogeria will be better

2 Likes

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by revolt(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
planetx:
Most of this clowns have never entered a plane even from Lagos to Abuja, so leave them alone to be wallowing in their American illusion or I call it delusion.
no be small delusion ....loooolll
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by sunboy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
First, there’s no job that pays $400 a month in the US. Even cleaners or dish washers makes upto $2000 a month before tax.

2nd, 400k monthly in Nigeria for a relatively stable job is very good deal.

Finally; if your Visa is an immigrant visa that could lead to permanent residency great! You have better opportunities here.
But if it’s a visa that would expire and you have to hustle your way to find papers, please stay back and enjoy your 400k job. You will live a better life in Naija with that amount than moving to an unknown zone without paper after your visa expires.

That being said, Don’t compare $3000 a month in US to 400k naira in Naija o. After tax you could be left with like 2,000… then you pay for health insurance, car insurance, rent (monthly), rental insurance for your apt … then that whole 3k barely remains nothing much. You just might have other opportunities to make more money if you have your papers though.

My 2 cent.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Jimasun: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Mrnairalandd:

Don’t listen to this fool!

Americans are looking for where to go to have a better life

If America is that great, Nigerians who were born and raised here won’t be running back home to look for job

I can assure the Op that he would regret if he doesn’t accept 400k job in Nigeria

There is nothing here

The only people i can advise to coke here are Nigerians who are poverty ridden. No job nothing but if you have a job of 200k in Nigeria don’t come to USA
You don't have sense. I didn't tell hint I take the job. I said if the visa is a long term, he should travel over there and seek a new job.
You must have inherited stupidity
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
Gisborne6:
Sir please just in case you decide to go to the US please give me the job here please even if the salary will be slashed in half
giving you the job is not the issue, do you have the require expertise required for the job?
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by snoopz: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
trust me, earning in dollars is the best way forward right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court / Who Has Received Npower January Stipend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.