Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church (1355 Views)

"I Must Die Ontop Big Yansh" - Nigerian Man Vows After Spotting A Curvy Lady / Help! My Girlfriend Has Been Acting Strange Lately / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Frank2021: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
Please guys judge this oh! I was dating this girl o and she is a catholic and I am an Anglican and I never interfere with her way of worship. Today she insisted that I must go same Church with her I told her I am Anglican and our way of worship is different from theirs that I can't stay there she got angry I was in the church I was not comfortable with what is going on because is not part of me I told her that I am going, she said I must stay their I got angry and left. This afternoon she sent me message saying that the relationship was over please guys so person no fit worship where he like again just because of a girlfriend?
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Hezzyluv: 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
She even thank God you share same faith with her. What if na different believe?

If she says the relationship is over, happily move on with your life 'cause your money don rest for now. Na who go soon become evening new paper between the two of u? Abi simp no ni?

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by chatinent: 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
Why dating a non-Anglican in the first place?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Jashub: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
Your girlfriend is an extremist who doesn't understand that we are all one in Christ irrespective of denominational affiliations. Anyway, try and reason with her on the matter , but if she refuses to see reason with your place of worship, then move on. After all, your destiny is not tied to one person

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Frank2021: 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thanks
Jashub:
Your girlfriend is an extremist who doesn't understand that we are all one in Christ irrespective of denominational affiliations. Anyway, try and reason with her on the matter , but if she refuses to see reason with your place of worship, then move on. After all, your destiny is not tied to one person
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Sonnobax15(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
grin
This is the worst silly excuse to ending a relationship I've ever heard since I started growing bush around my gbola tongue

Una dey try cha...For at least tolerating such misbehaviours from your Banny......Na guyman suppose control him banny come him church,and not the other way round undecided. Na this kind mentality wey your Banny get nai make many jehovah witness ladies dey rotten for their papa house because them believe say any guyman wey go ask of their hands in marriage must belong to the same jehovah witness like them...

Op,no dey mumu around simply because say one banny wor deprive you of kpekus.... Na Kpekus suppose be your least problems on Earth......

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by BirtherOfKings(f): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Frank2021:
Please guys judge this oh! I was dating this girl o and she is a catholic and I am an Anglican and I never interfere with her way of worship. Today she insisted that I must go same Church with her I told her I am Anglican and our way of worship is different from theirs that I can't stay there she got angry I was in the church I was not comfortable with what is going on because is not part of me I told her that I am going, she said I must stay their I got angry and left. This afternoon she sent me message saying that the relationship was over please guys so person no fit worship where he like again just because of a girlfriend?

Let her go...church attendance is not by force..ur heart must be there
If u love her, send her text everyday dat u love her , u can show u love her by sacrificing ur happiness wich is attend her church

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by WoundedLamb: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
I kinda feel there's more to this story. Why does she feel so hurt by your refusal to attend her church? Why is she even inclined to make you come to her church? Does she intend to eventually convert you or what? I guess the grand question is, has she been to your church before? If that's the case, then I'd say she's not just upset because you refused to worship with her, she's upset cause you're not reciprocating her efforts to make things work. But if she hasn't been to your own church prior to now and occasionally worshipping with her is a deal-breaker for you, then please let her go.

These are the reasons why we date, right? It's more like a compatibility trial, and we should know when to take the result of that trial and take a decision. The whole dating thing would be pointless if you ignore such results. People must not really fight or have infidelity issues before they call it a quit. Sometimes, we just realize our values don't match and that we're better off as friends.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
she said it was over...so bow and move on.... unless you wanna hang to this unrealistic union.she wants you to change for her, you dont want to change for her.....what else can you do but get rid of one another and find better people to date?!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Hundredfold4lif(m): 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
You are FUCKING & you are claiming & faking Christian?
Proud, shameless animals!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Numerouno94(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
Where do u guys pick these kinda ladies from?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Iliveforever(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Frank2021:

Just free am, she go run back to you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Lonelypacifist6: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
This is the worst silly excuse to ending a relationship I've ever heard since I started growing bush around my gbola tongue

Una dey try cha...For at least tolerating such misbehaviours from your Banny......Na guyman suppose control him banny come him church,and not the other way round undecided. Na this kind mentality wey your Banny get nai make many jehovah witness ladies dey rotten for their papa house because them believe say any guyman wey go ask of their hands in marriage must belong to the same jehovah witness like them...

Op,no dey mumu around simply because say one banny wor deprive you of kpekus.... Na Kpekus suppose be your least problems on Earth......
cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
If you get sense you go know say she no rate you.. imagine her saying it is over, over such a minor disagreement..
You are a Mumu man.. a Weakling..

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
Frank2021:

@op, i can feel your pain cz i was once in same issue. I loved this lady to the moon, she's a Sabbath worshipper and she became a stranger to me with the way she transformed trying to impose Saturday worship to me. I was on the verge of proposing when she displayed this character
NB. i use to attend her church by my free will cz it's still the same faith and because she would request i just accompany her, she never visited my church all through the years we were together. She broke the camel's back when she gave me the condition of converting to her church or forget about the relationship, i respected myself i moved on cz i never gave her any condition but she saw me as too easy to manipulate

Shit happens

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Sunshinegold44: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2021
She's not mature in her sense of reasoning
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by hosemujica: 1:41am On Sep 03, 2021
Where una de see all these extremists and religious zealots?
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by mumumugu(m): 1:46am On Sep 03, 2021
When a girl sees you as a simp and wants to break up with you when a better person is knocking ✋ any excuse will do

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Catholics do prefer another Catholic or someone ready to convert. Similarly do Muslims, Jehovah witness, Mormon etc. Especially the ones that yakes religion seriously.

If they do like you, they'll endure but, still poke you here and there about this belief.
If you just want to be in a relationship, maybe not this category of people.
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 03, 2021
She's not that into you.
Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by Greystone: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2021
Frank2021:

Same thing happened to me but the babe in question was a very close friend. She's Catholic.
At that time we wer both single.
The girl make sense. Beautiful. Career lady. Wonderful personality with top notch financial wisdom.
But she insisted if we are to even date, I must renounce my church and become Catholic.
Marriage wud be in her church. Our future kids wud be raised Catholic.

I considered everything and respectfully walked away. cool
We're still friends tho.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Insisit I Must Go The Same Church by arthurwillia(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2021
No be juju be that

(1) (Reply)

I Am A 20 Years Old Guy And Still A Virgin / Why Do Guys Hate Their Sisters Boyfriends? / Why Is It Hard For Women To Buy Their Car With Their Full Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.