Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn (7192 Views)

Stop Targeting Our Politicians In Corruption Probe, Northern Groups Warn EFCC / Rights Groups Warn Presidential Election Tribunal Against Use Of Technicalities / Kalabari Is Not Ijaw – INC/IYC Be Warned - By Sepiribo Douglas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Vintagepipes: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
THE FAIR HISTORY ABOUT ORIGIN OF KALABARI PEOPLE (AWOME) ................
WHO ARE THE KALABARI'S...
WHY SHOULD KALABARI PEOPLE BE ADDRESSED AND IDENTIFIED AS KALABARI'S AND SHOULDN'T BE SUBJECTED TO ANY OTHER ETHNICITY/TRIBE BUT AS KALABARI TRIBES AND KALABARI ETHNIC GROUPS ALONE?
Kalabari World -
From left direction across the present day Bayelsa State and right direction to the present day Calabar City was null and void until arrival of the allochthonous and autochthonous" “(about Seven (7) beings descended to the ancient Ke Land (present Ke Community in Kalabari Nation, located at the present day Degema Local Government Area, Rivers State, South South, Eastern Niger Delta, Nigeria).........................
Beings Exist in Ke BC (uncommon era)) and they did not ascend from the old Agadagba-Bou, as some historians frames up their stories. And purported stories that says Ke began at 500-800 AD are all lies, because no kind of archaeological samples can prove the case of Ke begining on earth, because her origins were not just migrants as others .......
The truth is that no living human can tell where the descendants of Ke came from because no one recorded such as a fact from the likes of Keni-Ala(Keni Opu Ala), Keni-Opusuo, Opu-Ogbu, Ombiyi, Opu-Jaja, Ogbokiya, and Opupiri (Opusiri), that was assumed seven founding ancestors descendants from sky.
Centuries ago, it was from Ke that the Adumu Spiritual Initiation Society/Cult/Lodge commonly referred to as the water people or the mask spirit people (Owu-ame/Owu amapu) derived from. Inwhich all other neighboring lands or tribes in Niger Delta adopted as culture (tradition).........................
Around 1932 about sixty one (61) successors had ruled Ke Lands as Amayanabo starting from Omonie (Omoniye), narrated by Ke Historian Madam Kala-Dokku and published by Talbot 1932.....
To cut short story, Ke can not be people that came from Ijo, or Ejo which are variations of Ujo or Ojo (i.e Ancestors of Kala-Okun, Ujo-Gbaran(Gbaran) - Gbaramatu, Arogbo, Tuomo, Kabo, etc), and Ke can not be addressed as people that came from the Niger-Congo Tribes, Kumoni-Oru, Otu-Ife (Ile-Ife)/Benin/Ijaw(Ejo or Ijo or Ujo alias Idekoseroake, etc,) even though some migrants came to join the Ke People from other parts of Ancient Africa e.i the Seven(7) ancient wards of Kalabari, Ilelema, Angulama, Kula, Bille, Tombia, Oproama, Ogoloma, Bonny, etc, BC-AD..
The fair fact is that Ke should instead be seen as a landlord to all Kalabari's, Ibani, Obgolo's(Andoni), Okirikan's, Nkoro & Opopo, including the Rivers State Igbo's, Nembe, Ogbia, Epie, Etc.....................
If anyone sincerely wants to narrate or tell the myth of the origin or root of Kalabari People Ke should be considered as one of the geneuin origin of Kalabari's that is still locatable ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Because even when the first Seven(7) wards that formed Kalabari migrated to the Elem-Kalabari Ke has been in existence for more than ten(10) centuries and most of the Kalabari Clans were made up of Ke Offsprings just as it is to other Kingdoms like Kalaibiama in present day Bonny, Ekeni in Bayelsa State, Abame in Okirika, Okpoma in Nembe, etc, so therefore it is too wrong, bad and baseless to frame the entire Kalabari People as people that rooted (came from) Ijaw/Ijo/Ujo/Ejo or Ojo for any reason, because that is a fatal lie by some desperate or egotistical persons whom tries to paint all the Riverine Tribes or Fishermen tribes to a root..
Also, most persons confuses the term Oru (Horu or Oru's) as Ethnic Group, while some complicates Oru(Horu) as the source of Kumoni-Oru which some baseless historians stated as who settled the Niger Delta with the most ancient inhabitants known as the Oru (TOBU OTU) who gave birth to the Ijos; meanwhile the curious name “ORU” was applied by the early British explorers to Brass from the Nun enteranc to Taylor Creek, Dr Baikie said of them 1854.
Just as some small minded historians classifies Ijaw as Ethnicity in Nigeria due to very few adopted, anglisized or corrupted similarities in some tribes even when the said similarities does not match or conclude beyond common imaginations.............
Now,
Same goes to individual clans/towns/communities that formed the previous and the present Kalabari World.....................................
The overall and first capital(headquarter) of the Ancient Kalabari Nation was a virgin island which originally began the popularly known Kalabari race on planet earth.
The name Torusirama-piri or Kalabari-kiri was given to the island after the first founders had settled there for centuries........
Along the way others joined to make up the first Seven (7) - first fourteen (14) Ward's at this very island that latter became the Torusrama-piri (Kalabari Polo, Kalabari Kiri or Kalabari-Ama)..........
The first Seven(7) Wards were.. (1). Amabin-Ame, (2). Kuro-Ame, (3). Ende-Ame, (4). Igodo-Ame, (5). Akiala-Ame, (6). Ituru-Ame, (7) Buko-Ame. -Lila-Ame.....
These names given to the Seven (7) founding wards are classification to identify each group.
The reality is that, these groups all migrated from different parts of the Ancient Africa World, such as Binin Areas, Ile-fe, Ke, Akwa Akpa(Calabar), Igbo, Cameron, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Niger-Congo, Serialeon, Tribes that speaks the Niger-Congo Language such as Ijoid(Atlantic), and Defaka(Afakani) an endangered language. And Kalabari Lands is not just about the First Seven (7) Wards that settled at the New Calabar River because the likes of Ke, Ilelema, Angulama, Kula, Bille, Abise, Soku, Tombia, Obonoma, Idama, Oguruawo-Bakana, Krakrama, Ifoko, Bukuma, Udekeama(Dekema), Oproama, Sangama, Abalama, Ido, Tema, Sema, Obu-Ama(Harry's Town) and others joined to makeup the independent Kalabari Nation counting from the King Amakiri(Amachree) era as the Great King of All Kings.
The language of the present Ibani, Okirika and some parts of Nembe was adopted from the Kalabari Language just as the Kalabari Language became the basics of the Berbice, a Dutch Creole Spoken in Eastern Guyana.
Kalabari Language words have been proposed for some modern technical terms. And so what is now being paraded as the linguistics of the said Ijaw Ethnic Group is a Kalabari Language and never an Ijaw language.
The Kalabari Language is a tongue of many forms from the ancient days, which undergone unidentifiable mix-ups, due to the need of establishing a unique world known a Kalabari Nation...
The Kalabari Traditional attires, Songs, and dance steps, etc, has been adopted by too many tribes of Nigeria especially the Niger Deltans, and as of today it is very hard to claim Kalabari Tradition as a cultural practice which is originally native to the Kalabari Tribes, but only God and man knows that it was very few tribes in Nigeria that had traditional attire( exampling tradition) before Nigeria was amalgamated, and almost all the tribes in Nigeria did not interact directly with the whiteman (Portuguese especially) to get reach of beautiful dress codes such as original beads(Corals-Kilali,Ikuta,Illa,Stords), Cloths(Dawn, Wokor, Daminimbana, Frokor, Etibor, India-Bite, Lokor, Amasiri, Epe, Injiri, etc, ), walking sticks(Royal Staffs), Swords, etc.
Most of the credits forged as or transfered to the said Ijaw were originally Kalabari's affairs.
The present areas known as Kalabari is not Ijaw Land but Kalabari Lands, and only liars frames up Our world as Ijaw Lands or Ijaw Sub Groups in Eastern Niger Delta, meanwhile Kalabari is Independent Nation for Centuries now.
Finally, none should mislead anyone by saying the term Kalabari was a name of a ancestor so therefore Kalabari's came from one place called Ijaw/Ijo/Ejo/Ujo/Ojo when there is no place on Earth agreed as the genuine Ijaw Kingdom or origin on earth, apart from some myth to some villages or ancestors who they now classified as persons or villages that originated from another ancestor named Ijo/Ejo or Ujo/Ojo who was a child to Adumu some says Oduduwa is the Adumu.

This is brief but genuine history of who Kalabari's are.
To stretching and analyze this history it can go as far as fifteen (15) times longer than this, but this is a brief yet better guidance to who we truly are.
By Kalabari Indigenous Movement, Kalabari Agitators

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by DoctorDree(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Noted

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Vintagepipes: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
CC Bkayy, Captain8 Adakaboro8, Igboid, please, be warned, address Kalabari ethnic nationality appropriately.

12 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by BKayy: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vintagepipes:
CC Bkayy, Captain8 Adakaboro8, Igboid, please, be warned, address Kalabari ethnic nationality appropriately.
I don land like Ogadagidi.
Let me read the article first before I make my comment.

6 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ethnic nationalities all over the place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AfricanColumbus: 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Reserved.
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
I can see owu there meaning water people! May that be a variation of Oru in Igbo??!!!!!!

Anyways, what I can get from this writeup is that Ijaw are just playing games. And the Kalabari being much older (according to article) cannot agree to descending from a more recent Ijaw. Logical analysis.

This would also indirectly call into question the claims of some Igbo tribes to have descended from a more recent Bini, when the Igbo have been documented to be far far older (as even heralded by Ooni and some other monarchs in the know). It is a stupid claim indeed as indirectly illustrated by this article.

28 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Taven09090: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
Very interesting, it seems the Igbos on this site may be right.

37 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by BKayy: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
Taven09090:
Very interesting, it seems the Igbos on this site may be right.
We are always right when one critical analyse our points instead of diving into it with Nigerian Anti-Igbo tinted Eye glasses

34 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by christistruth01: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
But Asari Dokubo who is Kalabari said they are Ijaw

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vintagepipes:
this is a concocted fictitious history some desperate igbo youth eyeing sea access......
you people are landlocked forever.....because your cooked story is dead on arrival....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
BKayy:

We are always right when one critical analyse our points instead of diving into it with Nigerian Anti-Igbo tinted Eye glasses

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
landlock is really paining igbo youth sha...see how they go far creating false story with tag kalabari just to deceive people far wiser than them

26 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by christistruth01: 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
this is a concocted fictitious history some desperate igbo youth eyeing sea access......
you people are landlocked forever.....because your cooked story is dead on arrival....

So Kalabari is Ijaw I thought as much

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Taven09090: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
The Ijaws are not going like this. Expect a lot of wailing and delusions and once again they will blame the Igbos. Igbo this and that, when they feel cornered or angry they just blame Igbos. When they want to land grab they accuse Igbos first when they are being pummeled mistreated by Fulani, they blame Igbos, and once again expect a lot of Igbo hate on this thread by people who have not accomplished 1 percent of the Igbos.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
[s]
AdakaBoro8:
[/s]

You go cry tire.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Vintagepipes: 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
BKayy:

They are also claiming Okirika too. wahala dey but vehemently maintain they are not Ijaw.

24 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Vintagepipes: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
However, in this case, many known indigenous kalabari foremost groups cosigned this write-up. Do you think maybe the politics of Rivers may have something to do with it? I think the Ijaws hunger for land and unrelated people might backfire.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by TarOrfeeek: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:

You've outgrown this infantile spasms of grief.

This is what kept you busy while your OPA towns were handed a measley 3% of what you produce.

My personal advice for you is to embrace common sense.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by BKayy: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
SlayerForever:
I can see owu there meaning water people! May that be a variation of Oru in Igbo??!!!!!!

Anyways, what I can get from this writeup is that Ijaw are just playing games. And the Kalabari being much older (according to article) cannot agree to descending from a more recent Ijaw. Logical analysis.

This would also indirectly call into question the claims of some Igbo tribes to have descended from a more recent Bini, when the Igbo have been documented to be far far older (as even heralded by Ooni and some other monarchs in the know). It is a stupid claim indeed as indirectly illustrated by this article.
Exactly.
The problem of Kalabari is just that Ijaw that they know when they came are Saying that they are their progenitors. If you noticed, for some reasons Ndigbo were not included in the writeup because somehow they know that Nobody, absolutely NOBODY in Southern Nigeria will drag age with Ndigbo.
BTW, I stumbled across an article about the origin of Christianity in Igbo land (I will post it in due time) with Ubani clearly spelt and marked as where Christianity started in Igboland with one event at Easter of 1826 if I am not mistaking.
New Calabar (Kalabari) and Brass People were featured in the article with their Dẹ̀ị́ty. The boundaries of the three groups were clearly stated.
New Calabar people worshipped Shark (I am surprised that sharks were that rampant down there at that time), Brass people worshipped Rock Python while Ubani People worshipped Iguana (one big monitor lizard like that).
So the OP Mr Vintagepipes should work on uncovering his people's original name before anything because Kalabari is still from British "New Calabar"

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
What is Igbos business in this case? Kalabari people wrote something and you are calling Igbos.. why not dispute what was written there with facts and stop blaming Igbos for all your problems.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

You go cry tire.
me cry? as how?
i do not even worry about that lie talk more of cry....
one thing i know is that, Ijaw republic will give igbo youth heart attacks.....
Ijaw rejectin biafra is a big blow on ibo youths...
I wont even waste my precious time on this thread to proved to you people that its fake and i dont have felt any worry..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

What is Igbos business in this case? Kalahari people wrote something and you are calling Igbos.. why not dispute what was written there with facts and stop blaming Igbos for all your problems.
which group in kalabari said it mugu?
what is the name of the group leader?

the mistake you igbo youth always made is thinking that Ijaw youths are simple brain like you that are in emotion to believe any thing...

this is written by emotional igbo man.....

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
which group in kalabari said it mugu?
what is the name of the group leader?

the mistake you igbo youth always made is thinking that Ijaw youths are simple brain like you that are in emotion to believe any thing...

this is written by emotional igbo man.....
Didn't you see the groups written clearly there? Is it my responsibility to point it out to you. I didn't even read twice to see the names of the Kalabari groups. Confront them and stop blaming Igbos for all your problems.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You've outgrown this infantile spasms of grief.

This is what kept you busy while your OPA towns were handed a measley 3% of what you produce.

My personal advice for you is to embrace common sense.
i know it was the rejection of the biafra by we Ijaws is what driving you people crazy......the funny side is that now you resulted in making fake stories....
i nor know sey na so de tin pain una reach oo.....
dooh, sorry ya...
dont worry, 2099 we will accept biafra, ok....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Fejoku: 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Anyone who knows Kalabari's history very well know that they're descendants of mixed people with Igbo and Ijaw being the largest contributors. Efik, Ibibio and edoids around down Niger tributaries also added to the fold making the place a cocktail of different persons. Two things however standout which is the language and culture of the people. Igbo language is predominant there together with a dialect similar to Ijaw but the customs and traditions resemble that of coastal people around the area specifically more of the Ijaws. Areas traditionally regarded as Kalabari doesn't include Okrika and Bonny. These two see themselves different even up till date.
This recent story of carving a niche for themselves isn't surprising. In fact, it is expected because the truth is that there's hardly any sincerity in the creation of numerous 'ethnic nationalities in Rivers state. There's hardly any state in Nigeria that is as politically jinxed as Rivers state. Even Ogoni don't agree that they all are one. Some Igbo groups there have the same problem. Now even the Kalabari have started their own. I expect the Andoni and Nkoro to start their own too.
There's too much lies in Rivers state.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
BKayy:

Exactly.
The problem of Kalabari is just that Ijaw that they know when they came are Saying that they are their progenitors. If you noticed, for some reasons Ndigbo were not included in the writeup because somehow they know that Nobody, absolutely NOBODY in Southern Nigeria will drag age with Ndigbo.
BTW, I stumbled across an article about the origin of Christianity in Igbo land (I will post it in due time) with Ubani clearly spelt and marked as where Christianity started in Igboland with one event at Easter of 1826 if I am not mistaking.
New Calabar (Kalabari) and Brass People were featured in the article with their Dẹ̀ị́ty. The boundaries of the three groups were clearly stated.
New Calabar people worshipped Shark (I am surprised that sharks were that rampant down there at that time), Brass people worshipped Rock Python while Ubani People worshipped Iguana (one big monitor lizard like that).
So the OP Mr Vintagepipes should work on uncovering his people's original name before anything because Kalabari is still from British "New Calabar"

Actually, the first written account of New Calabar in New Calabar written in English was in 1699 by James Barbot. He witnessed and wrote about it.
He was the first person to also collect the Igbo swords during this same voyage.
He was the one who first observed their religion and mode of worship.

10 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

Didn't you see the groups written clearly there? Is it my responsibility to point it out to you. I didn't even read twice to see the names of the Kalabari groups. Confront them and stop blaming Igbos for all your problems.
mention name of one person in such fake group?
there is no such group in kalabari, because i know kalabari in and out.... i often be there for some missions, and i have some many comrades there....
this is created by emotional and pained ibo soul....

3 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by BKayy: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

Actually, the first written account of New Calabar in New Calabar written in English was in 1699 by James Barbot. He witnessed and wrote about it.
He was the first person to also collect the Igbo swords during this same voyage.
He was the one who first observed their religion and mode of worship.
I know my brother. Let's just allow them to tell tales like we do to our brothers that think we had kings.
When they are ready, we will discuss recorded facts.
For example do you know that most of the none Igbo words in Ubani Dialect is actually corrupted Portuguese, though some as still near intact old Portuguese. I shock when I found out

6 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
mention name of one person in such fake group?
there is no such group in kalabari, because i know kalabari in and out.... i often be there for some missions, and i have some many comrades there....
this is created by emotional and pained ibo soul....
I always knew you were not bright.. so you didn't read it? You didn't see two or three different groups written down there? Mehn!!!

15 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Parachoko: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
BKayy:

Where is Asari Dokunbo from?
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by BKayy: 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
Parachoko:
Where is Asari Dokunbo from?
Have you heard of abandoned property?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Roasted Corn Of Electricity", Tinubu Drops Another One. / Apprentice Gone Rogue: Why Atiku Shunned, Humiliated Obi At Bayelsa Airport / The First Female President In Nigeria. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.