Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn (7172 Views)

Stop Targeting Our Politicians In Corruption Probe, Northern Groups Warn EFCC / Rights Groups Warn Presidential Election Tribunal Against Use Of Technicalities / Kalabari Is Not Ijaw – INC/IYC Be Warned - By Sepiribo Douglas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vintagepipes:

However, in this case, many known indigenous kalabari foremost groups cosigned this write-up. Do you think maybe the politics of Rivers may have something to do with it? I think the Ijaws hunger for land and unrelated people might backfire.
guy this group doesnt exist,, go sleep.... i know kalabari more than you foolishly think....
i know the groups in kalabari and their leaders..... guy go sleep with your fake news....
i have called many of my friends in kalabari and they all saying its a fat lie....
guy go sleep..

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
BKayy:

Exactly.
The problem of Kalabari is just that Ijaw that they know when they came are Saying that they are their progenitors. If you noticed, for some reasons Ndigbo were not included in the writeup because somehow they know that Nobody, absolutely NOBODY in Southern Nigeria will drag age with Ndigbo.
BTW, I stumbled across an article about the origin of Christianity in Igbo land (I will post it in due time) with Ubani clearly spelt and marked as where Christianity started in Igboland with one event at Easter of 1826 if I am not mistaking.
New Calabar (Kalabari) and Brass People were featured in the article with their Dẹ̀ị́ty. The boundaries of the three groups were clearly stated.
New Calabar people worshipped Shark (I am surprised that sharks were that rampant down there at that time), Brass people worshipped Rock Python while Ubani People worshipped Iguana (one big monitor lizard like that).
So the OP Mr Vintagepipes should work on uncovering his people's original name before anything because Kalabari is still from British "New Calabar"

True true true. The writer knows that Igbo cannot be brought into the argument, as per age.

The British who called it New Calabar did so because they were familiar with Calabar (Efik) earlier. So hearing another Calabar-like name made them settle for New Calabar (that is very common among British people. Appending New- to a similar name in another location.

4 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
[s]
AdakaBoro8:
me cry? as how?
i do not even worry about that lie talk more of cry....
one thing i know is that, Ijaw republic will give igbo youth heart attacks.....
Ijaw rejectin biafra is a big blow on ibo youths...
I wont even waste my precious time on this thread to proved to you people that its fake and i dont have felt any worry..
[/s]

Everything Igbo. Mehn your life is miserable o.

18 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

I always knew you were not bright.. so you didn't read it? You didn't see two or three different groups written down there? Mehn!!!
guy i have make 4 to 5 to calls to my friends in kalabari now now now, and they all saying such group doesnt exist..and they are even angry at it..

guy, go deceived unlearnt people, not person like me

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Fejoku:
Anyone who knows Kalabari's history very well know that they're descendants of mixed people with Igbo and Ijaw being the largest contributors. Efik, Ibibio and edoids around down Niger tributaries also added to the fold making the place a cocktail of different persons. Two things however standout which is the language and culture of the people. Igbo language is predominant there together with a dialect similar to Ijaw but the customs and traditions resemble that of coastal people around the area specifically more of the Ijaws. Areas traditionally regarded as Kalabari doesn't include Okrika and Bonny. These two see themselves different even up till date.
This recent story of carving a niche for themselves isn't surprising. In fact, it is expected because the truth is that there's hardly any sincerity in the creation of numerous 'ethnic nationalities in Rivers state. There's hardly any state in Nigeria that is as politically jinxed as Rivers state. Even Ogoni don't agree that they all are one. Some Igbo groups there have the same problem. Now even the Kalabari have started their own. I expect the Andoni and Nkoro to start their own too.
There's too much lies in Rivers state.

You keep mentioning Ijaw. Save for one or two borrowed practices and shared riverine life there is nothing Ijaw about Kalabari. Nothing. It may come as a surprise to you though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by paramakina202: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Vintagepipes post=105428062][/quote]

OP where is your source/link?
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

Everything Igbo. Mehn your life is miserable o.
this lie the created show how pain they are for Ijaw rejected the biafra....

dont worry..we will accept biafra in the nearest next 200 years..ok..
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:

So Kalabari is Ijaw I thought as much
no clan is more Ijaw than kalabari....
its igbo pain ones that are struggling to be freed from landlockness...
they angry at Ijaw because we rejected their biafra...because it means we have padlocked....
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Vintagepipes: 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
my brother.. dont be surprised when those igbos start writing jargons tomorrow that some Yoruba clans are different ethnicities...

i know many people in kalabari and i have asked them, such group never exist....
its emotional and pain ibo soul who so desperate to have sea access making this fake story and taggin it on kalabari.....
igbos and their fake life will soon cried out loud....
Why not dispute the statements. Why are you agitated?

11 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
no clan is more Ijaw than kalabari....
its igbo pain ones that are struggling to be freed from landlockness...
they angry at Ijaw because we rejected their biafra...because it means we have padlocked....
Ehya!! Everyone is running away from Ijaw people grabbing tendencies.

12 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ekealterego: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
BKayy:

I know my brother. Let's just allow them to tell tales like we do to our brothers that think we had kings.
When they are ready, we will discuss recorded facts.
For example do you know that most of the none Igbo words in Ubani Dialect is actually corrupted Portuguese, though some as still near intact old Portuguese. I shock when I found out
I wouldn't doubt you at all Nwanne.. In that journal by James Barbot, he explained how the king in Bonny spoke fluent Portugese even in 1699

2 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Idiko1: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vintagepipes:

THE FAIR HISTORY ABOUT ORIGIN OF KALABARI PEOPLE (AWOME) ................
WHO ARE THE KALABARI'S...
WHY SHOULD KALABARI PEOPLE BE ADDRESSED AND IDENTIFIED AS KALABARI'S AND SHOULDN'T BE SUBJECTED TO ANY OTHER ETHNICITY/TRIBE BUT AS KALABARI TRIBES AND KALABARI ETHNIC GROUPS ALONE?
Kalabari World -
From left direction across the present day Bayelsa State and right direction to the present day Calabar City was null and void until arrival of the allochthonous and autochthonous" “(about Seven (7) beings descended to the ancient Ke Land (present Ke Community in Kalabari Nation, located at the present day Degema Local Government Area, Rivers State, South South, Eastern Niger Delta, Nigeria).........................
Beings Exist in Ke BC (uncommon era)) and they did not ascend from the old Agadagba-Bou, as some historians frames up their stories. And purported stories that says Ke began at 500-800 AD are all lies, because no kind of archaeological samples can prove the case of Ke begining on earth, because her origins were not just migrants as others .......
The truth is that no living human can tell where the descendants of Ke came from because no one recorded such as a fact from the likes of Keni-Ala(Keni Opu Ala), Keni-Opusuo, Opu-Ogbu, Ombiyi, Opu-Jaja, Ogbokiya, and Opupiri (Opusiri), that was assumed seven founding ancestors descendants from sky.
Centuries ago, it was from Ke that the Adumu Spiritual Initiation Society/Cult/Lodge commonly referred to as the water people or the mask spirit people (Owu-ame/Owu amapu) derived from. Inwhich all other neighboring lands or tribes in Niger Delta adopted as culture (tradition).........................
Around 1932 about sixty one (61) successors had ruled Ke Lands as Amayanabo starting from Omonie (Omoniye), narrated by Ke Historian Madam Kala-Dokku and published by Talbot 1932.....
To cut short story, Ke can not be people that came from Ijo, or Ejo which are variations of Ujo or Ojo (i.e Ancestors of Kala-Okun, Ujo-Gbaran(Gbaran) - Gbaramatu, Arogbo, Tuomo, Kabo, etc), and Ke can not be addressed as people that came from the Niger-Congo Tribes, Kumoni-Oru, Otu-Ife (Ile-Ife)/Benin/Ijaw(Ejo or Ijo or Ujo alias Idekoseroake, etc,) even though some migrants came to join the Ke People from other parts of Ancient Africa e.i the Seven(7) ancient wards of Kalabari, Ilelema, Angulama, Kula, Bille, Tombia, Oproama, Ogoloma, Bonny, etc, BC-AD..
The fair fact is that Ke should instead be seen as a landlord to all Kalabari's, Ibani, Obgolo's(Andoni), Okirikan's, Nkoro & Opopo, including the Rivers State Igbo's, Nembe, Ogbia, Epie, Etc.....................
If anyone sincerely wants to narrate or tell the myth of the origin or root of Kalabari People Ke should be considered as one of the geneuin origin of Kalabari's that is still locatable ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Because even when the first Seven(7) wards that formed Kalabari migrated to the Elem-Kalabari Ke has been in existence for more than ten(10) centuries and most of the Kalabari Clans were made up of Ke Offsprings just as it is to other Kingdoms like Kalaibiama in present day Bonny, Ekeni in Bayelsa State, Abame in Okirika, Okpoma in Nembe, etc, so therefore it is too wrong, bad and baseless to frame the entire Kalabari People as people that rooted (came from) Ijaw/Ijo/Ujo/Ejo or Ojo for any reason, because that is a fatal lie by some desperate or egotistical persons whom tries to paint all the Riverine Tribes or Fishermen tribes to a root..
Also, most persons confuses the term Oru (Horu or Oru's) as Ethnic Group, while some complicates Oru(Horu) as the source of Kumoni-Oru which some baseless historians stated as who settled the Niger Delta with the most ancient inhabitants known as the Oru (TOBU OTU) who gave birth to the Ijos; meanwhile the curious name “ORU” was applied by the early British explorers to Brass from the Nun enteranc to Taylor Creek, Dr Baikie said of them 1854.
Just as some small minded historians classifies Ijaw as Ethnicity in Nigeria due to very few adopted, anglisized or corrupted similarities in some tribes even when the said similarities does not match or conclude beyond common imaginations.............
Now,
Same goes to individual clans/towns/communities that formed the previous and the present Kalabari World.....................................
The overall and first capital(headquarter) of the Ancient Kalabari Nation was a virgin island which originally began the popularly known Kalabari race on planet earth.
The name Torusirama-piri or Kalabari-kiri was given to the island after the first founders had settled there for centuries........
Along the way others joined to make up the first Seven (7) - first fourteen (14) Ward's at this very island that latter became the Torusrama-piri (Kalabari Polo, Kalabari Kiri or Kalabari-Ama)..........
The first Seven(7) Wards were.. (1). Amabin-Ame, (2). Kuro-Ame, (3). Ende-Ame, (4). Igodo-Ame, (5). Akiala-Ame, (6). Ituru-Ame, (7) Buko-Ame. -Lila-Ame.....
These names given to the Seven (7) founding wards are classification to identify each group.
The reality is that, these groups all migrated from different parts of the Ancient Africa World, such as Binin Areas, Ile-fe, Ke, Akwa Akpa(Calabar), Igbo, Cameron, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Niger-Congo, Serialeon, Tribes that speaks the Niger-Congo Language such as Ijoid(Atlantic), and Defaka(Afakani) an endangered language. And Kalabari Lands is not just about the First Seven (7) Wards that settled at the New Calabar River because the likes of Ke, Ilelema, Angulama, Kula, Bille, Abise, Soku, Tombia, Obonoma, Idama, Oguruawo-Bakana, Krakrama, Ifoko, Bukuma, Udekeama(Dekema), Oproama, Sangama, Abalama, Ido, Tema, Sema, Obu-Ama(Harry's Town) and others joined to makeup the independent Kalabari Nation counting from the King Amakiri(Amachree) era as the Great King of All Kings.
The language of the present Ibani, Okirika and some parts of Nembe was adopted from the Kalabari Language just as the Kalabari Language became the basics of the Berbice, a Dutch Creole Spoken in Eastern Guyana.
Kalabari Language words have been proposed for some modern technical terms. And so what is now being paraded as the linguistics of the said Ijaw Ethnic Group is a Kalabari Language and never an Ijaw language.
The Kalabari Language is a tongue of many forms from the ancient days, which undergone unidentifiable mix-ups, due to the need of establishing a unique world known a Kalabari Nation...
The Kalabari Traditional attires, Songs, and dance steps, etc, has been adopted by too many tribes of Nigeria especially the Niger Deltans, and as of today it is very hard to claim Kalabari Tradition as a cultural practice which is originally native to the Kalabari Tribes, but only God and man knows that it was very few tribes in Nigeria that had traditional attire( exampling tradition) before Nigeria was amalgamated, and almost all the tribes in Nigeria did not interact directly with the whiteman (Portuguese especially) to get reach of beautiful dress codes such as original beads(Corals-Kilali,Ikuta,Illa,Stords), Cloths(Dawn, Wokor, Daminimbana, Frokor, Etibor, India-Bite, Lokor, Amasiri, Epe, Injiri, etc, ), walking sticks(Royal Staffs), Swords, etc.
Most of the credits forged as or transfered to the said Ijaw were originally Kalabari's affairs.
The present areas known as Kalabari is not Ijaw Land but Kalabari Lands, and only liars frames up Our world as Ijaw Lands or Ijaw Sub Groups in Eastern Niger Delta, meanwhile Kalabari is Independent Nation for Centuries now.
Finally, none should mislead anyone by saying the term Kalabari was a name of a ancestor so therefore Kalabari's came from one place called Ijaw/Ijo/Ejo/Ujo/Ojo when there is no place on Earth agreed as the genuine Ijaw Kingdom or origin on earth, apart from some myth to some villages or ancestors who they now classified as persons or villages that originated from another ancestor named Ijo/Ejo or Ujo/Ojo who was a child to Adumu some says Oduduwa is the Adumu.
This is brief but genuine history of who Kalabari's are.
To stretching and analyze this history it can go as far as fifteen (15) times longer than this, but this is a brief yet better guidance to who we truly are.
By Kalabari Indigenous Movement, Kalabari Agitators

You simply cannot claim anything when the name, Kalabari, is the coinage of Europeans. You must first determine who and where the people who claimed Kalabari originated. In additon, the name they where known before Portugues came with Callabar, Calabari and Calbarii hence today's Calabar and Kalabari. You simply cannot claim originality of anything when the name is a foriegn import. Ama Onye Anabo and Amaikiri (Amakiri) have been long distorted to Amachree and Amanyanabo.

4 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by OfoIgbo: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:

But Asari Dokubo who is Kalabari said they are Ijaw

Asari also said that his own ancestor was an Igbo man.

And the first book every written about Ubani, also confirmed that the ruling lineage of Kalahari are of Igbo ancestry

12 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

Ehya!! Everyone is running away from Ijaw people grabbing tendencies.
lol
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Idiko1: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
landlock is really paining igbo youth sha...see how they go far creating false story with tag kalabari just to deceive people far wiser than them

Anybody who thinks the great Republic of Igbo land had to negotiate with any punk for access to the sea is a basement fool. Alaigbo extended to the Atlantic.

16 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by HarryDuce(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
grin

Na wa
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by SlayerForever: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2021
Idiko1:

You simply cannot claim anything when the name, Kalabari, is the coinage of Europeans. You must first determine who and where the people who claimed Kalabari originated. In additon, the name they where known before Portugues came with Callabar, Calabari and Calbarii hence today's Calabar and Kalabari. You simply cannot claim originality of anything when the name is a foriegn import. Ama Onye Anabo and Amaikiri (Amakiri) have been long distorted to Amachree and Amanyanabo.

Ama onye anabo shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Idiko1:

Anybody who thinks the great Republic of Igbo land had to negotiate with any punks for access to the sea is a basement fool. Alaigbo extended to the Atlantic.
hahahaha.....how is it going to possible na? we will not allowed any ship through our waters....
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by BKayy: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
hahahaha.....how is it going to possible na? we will not allowed any ship through our waters....
Whose waters?
See this one oh grin

12 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by velocity25(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
Captain8 come food don done.
Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by lwanga1993: 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
. Please does anybody know this AdakaBoro8 in person. Just PM me. I will reward you wholeheartedly.

10 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by horsepower102: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
Captain8 and Adakaboro8 are the same person.

He stopped mentioning Niger delta republic once Ibom republic was announced.

Now all is does is antagonize igbos with his new phantom ijaw republic.

11 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by horsepower102: 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ijaws cannot even claim the whole of bayelsa to themselves talkless of adding igbo groups and other indigenous groups to their phantom republic.

I will be surprised if real ijaws are more than 2 million.

Cc: Ariani

5 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Ofodirinwa: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:

But Asari Dokubo who is Kalabari said they are Ijaw

Asari has also said he is Igbo and that Igbos were his slaves, so mind where you get info from

5 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
lwanga1993:
. Please does anybody know this AdakaBoro8 in person. Just PM me. I will reward you wholeheartedly.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by Mrexcell(m): 11:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
this is a concocted fictitious history some desperate igbo youth eyeing sea access......
you people are landlocked forever.....because your cooked story is dead on arrival....

Ur wish for igboland to be landlocked forever will surely never come to pass as long as the people of akwa ibom are not joining ur ijaw republic the rivers that bothers abia state and akwa ibom shall forever remain an international water ways there's no amount of hatred or evil wish that can change that.

9 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by IDENNAA(m): 1:57am On Sep 03, 2021
AdakaBoro8:

Are you alright , at all. So , if we decide to sail our ships to the Atlantic you will assemble your ragtag pipeline vandalizers to wage war against the Igbo nation. grin grin grin

By day break you will not have a land in Nigeria. How are you going to use 2 million uneducated ,unexposed ogogoro drinkers to fight a nation of over 40 million highly intelligent humans..... You are not thinking straight, oga.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by IDENNAA(m): 2:04am On Sep 03, 2021
Mrexcell:

Ur wish for igboland to be landlocked forever will surely never come to pass as long as the people of akwa ibom are not joining ur ijaw republic the rivers that bothers abia state and akwa ibom shall forever remain an international water ways there's no amount of hatred or evil wish that can change that.

Stop giving this guy any sense of importance. Whether Ijaw like it or not , we will sail the rivers that flows into the ocean and they will not do a danm thing about it. Enough with the diplomacy....everybody get crase for head. We can also help them for once and blow up their useless pipelines and render that mosquitoes infested creek useless forever! I think the opportunity given to Goodluck to become a president is making them feel somehow.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by IDENNAA(m): 2:11am On Sep 03, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
guy this group doesnt exist,, go sleep.... i know kalabari more than you foolishly think....
i know the groups in kalabari and their leaders..... guy go sleep with your fake news....
i have called many of my friends in kalabari and they all saying its a fat lie....
guy go sleep..

Personally , I don't give a crap about what a Bonny ,Kalabali , Opobo , Ika or anybody says about being Igbo....my point is that you do not own the channel of waters that flows into the ocean and if you try to frustrate our efforts we will handle you in a way you will not like.

Be warned!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn by FreeStuffsNG: 2:31am On Sep 03, 2021
Ekealterego:

I wouldn't doubt you at all Nwanne.. In that journal by James Barbot, he explained how the king in Bonny spoke fluent Portugese even in 1699
And you believed at bolded cool
Please these tales are not true sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Oil Producing Communities Belong To Ijaw / FG To Collaborate With Isreal On Poverty Reduction, Youth Development / Enugu: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Mbah (PDP), Dismisses LP/Edeoga's Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.