Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 (30300 Views)

Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by roddy15: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2021
Nigerians prefer talking and gossiping than taking actions, as their country is destroyed by few individuals.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Newboss(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Be like say you never enter market recently.

What you see in the market currently has nothing to do with 530 to $1. Even 500 to $1 inflation has not kicked in, talk less of 530 to $1 that just happened less than a week ago. You need to keep up with changes in price to see that effect and how long it takes to kick in.

It will take at least one full week for you to see the effect of any change in exchange rate
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2021
Newboss:

What you see in the market currently has nothing to do with 530 to $1. Even 500 to $1 inflation has not kicked in, talk less of 530 to $1 that just happened less than a week ago. You need to keep up with changes in price to see that effect and how long it takes to kick in.

It will take at least one full week for you to see the effect of any change in exchange rate

The point is simple, the price of goods and services will increase.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Newboss(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The point is simple, the price of goods and services will increase.

The point is simple, it will take weeks for prices to increase. Hence, enough time to capitalise on the exchange rate change.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2021
Newboss:

The point is simple, it will take weeks for prices to increase. Hence, enough time to capitalise on the exchange rate change.

I have never heard this pattern of thought in my entire life.

At the end the price of goods and services increases
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Newboss(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have never heard this pattern of thought in my entire life.

At the end the price of goods and services increases

You're missing the point. You will have enough time to enjoy the value you just received from the change in exchange rate, before inflation eventually wipes off that value.

That means, you will get richer and have enough time to spend or invest that increase in wealth before the expected inflation touches down.

Prices do not just change overnight/spontaneously. The forces that change the price take days to build momentum. Any observant person will see it coming. Exchange rate change of today, CANNOT result in price of goods changing tomorrow. It takes time for price to respond.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Jolite(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
BigRocky:

Abacha was a dictator,when abacha died while was Nigerians celebrating?

Buhari government is worst but abacha is not a saint either...
Are you sure if buhari dies the celebration won't be more than Christmas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? / How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.