Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,653 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 (30298 Views)

Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Ezewuzie01: 10:59am On Sep 03, 2021
Nigeria sinking fast with Fulani president. Even Atiku that PDP want to present again boasted about how much he is more of a Fulani than Buhari and has more cows than the president cheesy shocked

3 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2021
Buhari is not done with Nigerians yet.

By the time he leaves office the dollar will be selling for #5,000.

What concerns fulani man with economy?

When no be cow.

And we all know exactly how once it's gone up it hardly ever goes back down.

We'll soon start buying a sachet water for #200.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ogododo: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2021
poiZon:

Oil price fall yet the dullard is still spending billions in dollars to search for oil... Buhari mumu supercedes human compremendo..
Its pathetic...
Lemme tell u what buhari is doing, buhari is using monies that we r earning to look for oil while he goes out borrowing to build railtrack to niger so he can link up with his first cousins.

Buharinomics
Make I arrange water dash you bros, you no go hit your head or leg for stone. Same 30% wey NNPC wan waste looking for Oil for North go do well building alternative energy. Oyel no dey for dese places for commercial quantity. Since 1956, if oyel dey for Benue/Gongola basin, north for don commot Naija tehteh!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ogododo: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2021
Ezewuzie01:
Nigeria sinking fast with Fulani president. Even Atiku that PDP want to present again boasted about how much he is more of a Fulani than Buhari and has more cows than the president cheesy shocked

Atleast Atiku no dey think like buhari, wey only hope na cow. Atiku get farms, schools, intel and so on. He come marry Ilesha, Ibo, Hausa, Edo.

If Atiku contest I no go vote for him sah.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by poiZon: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2021
ogododo:

Make I arrange water dash you bros, you no go hit your head or leg for stone. Same 30% wey NNPC wan waste looking for Oil for North go do well building alternative energy. Oyel no dey for dese places for commercial quantity. Since 1956, if oyel dey for Benue/Gongola basin, north for don commot Naija tehteh!
Help me tell am...
God cursed this nation with buhari...
It wil take years for Nigeria to recover..
All those people shouting thank God i earn in dollar, laslas u go spend for naira... Phones wey person dey buy cheap, now na something else.
Phone accessories now na wahala.. U do mistake make ur screen fall, n na samsung...hm
Common techno screen now dey very costly cos of this exchange rate. All because of one idiot that suppose to be in jail or in the village guiding a farmstead.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by bigpicture001: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2021
... dangote should do and finish his refinery and save us all
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by adekolaelect(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

People like you that depend on the government for survival always have one problem and that is frustration.
your interest and defending of this present administration makes you appare to poeple as fool .pls hide your feeling to avoid poeple stone you to death in the public.

7 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by History555: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

And where did I blame Nigerians

Is the fall in the price of oil also emeiefele fault?

Abeg no carry your frustration near me.

If you don't have any solution, shut up

Oil prices has hovered above $60 this year, so what's all these complaints about oil prices. How much was it under obj.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ogododo: 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
History555:

Oil prices has hovered above $60 this year, so what's all these complaints about oil prices. How much was it under obj.

I tell am oo, for OBJ time oil dey sometimes less than $25. Dem be paid contractors to change people's mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ogododo: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
TripleOh7:
Buhari is not done with Nigerians yet.

By the time he leaves office the dollar will be selling for #5,000.

What concerns fulani man with economy?

When no be cow.

And we all know exactly how once it's gone up it hardly ever goes back down.

We'll soon start buying a sachet water for #200.
Tufiakwa! No dey possible, God go shovel am aside.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by adioolayi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
How is it possible for Emefiele to sleep with this abysmal economic policies crashing under his nose

Does he sleep and wake to this realities and call himself fulfilled

If he doesn't have the right strategy and solutions..is it not better for him to quit

This is just shameful!!!

4 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Webdeveloper89: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
Haaaaaaaa. It is well ooo.

See my signature for affordable website and mobile app services
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Flier: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
All dollars goes to DAngote and few others,it’s such a failed state
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
hisexcellency34:
And Buhari is still retaining that dullard called Emefiele
Mumu, what do you expect Emefiele to do?
Any good monetary policy without a corresponding fiscal policy will amount to nothing.
Blame Bubu who has scattered the economy.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by nonhuman(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
inderhappy:
It will still hit 600 before the end of this yr, next time when Nigeria hear change they'll think twice
they will still not think
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Keep sinking baby

Usdt and Crypto to the rescue

Very soon 1kusd will be 1m

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by benqo01(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Wow this shows we are moving forward as a country Buhari has really done well kudos to him

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
And some people are getting richer as it goes up...thank God for making me a forex trader...

NB: Recall I predicted late last yr that under Buhari, the exchange rate will hit N700 on or before Dec this year. It's all making sense now... grin grin grin tongue

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by velocity25(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
When you have failure in Chief, you expect such.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
inderhappy:
It will still hit 600 before the end of this yr, next time when Nigeria hear change they'll think twice
You're quite economical with your analysis, I heard some doomsday sayers saying it will soon hit a thousand naira before we wrap up the year.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by donforeign: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
So happy lol
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Lexusgs430: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
This is just the beninging....... grin

According to Jacob Zuma.........
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by angelfallz(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
Apart from Buhari's incompetence, I strongly believe there are some people deliberately pushing the naira down and making money while at it.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Skillsnigeria: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hmmm, it is well
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ovie8200: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
This is just the beginning. The dollar will hit 800 by Christmas and possibly #1000 before the election when all politicals will be seeking for dollars. What do I care, it favors me anyway grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I know some people are happy that the dollar keeps appreciating against the naira.

If the dollar keep appreciating that means the cost of goods and services will increase, which will make life more difficult for you.

If you like keep buying dollar and saving it in dollars or usdt, as long as exchange rates are not stable, you are losing and also losing even when you convert your saved dollar back to naira, inflation will devalued it.
It's the fault of Mumu people like you that voted Bubu twice.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
hisexcellency34:
With or without Emefiele, the naira cannot appreciate because of heavy looting by buhari and his forty thieves.
Secondly, the administration of the failure your president has wreck the economy. Do you want to blame Jonathan. Oya blame Jonathan for looting the country dry.
Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Antoeni(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
*State of the Nigerian Nation.*

A typical Nigeria *"Big boy/lady"* wakes up in the morning, turns off his alarm clock made in *CHINA*, gets out of his bedsheets woven in *INDIA*, puts on his clothes made from wool in *BANGLADESH*, shoes from *ITALY*, drinks his orange juice from *SPAIN*, puts milk made in *DENMARK* in his coffee produced in *BRAZIL*.

He jumps into his Toyota Camry car made in *JAPAN* to the *TOTAL* service station *(FRANCE)* to refuel PMS, imported from Europe and takes his *KOREAN* Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra phone made in *TAIWAN* and buys data for his MTN SIM card *(SOUTH AFRICA)*.

At noon, he leaves his COCA-COLA *(USA)* office and joins his friend who smokes *AMERICAN* cigarettes, they eat *THAILAND* rice, drink *ITALIAN* wines and returns home to watch the El Classico on DSTV *(SOUTH AFRICA)*.

*Without spending a kobo on anything made in Nigerian and you want Nigeria to grow!!!?*

It will take magic for the Naira to stabilize against the dollar_*.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by hybridblood07(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
Please how is Abacha worse?
BigRocky:
Things keep getting worst..

Buhari is the worst thing after abacha that have happen to Nigerians.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Angelfrost(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
hisexcellency34:

You mean Emefiele is still answering to that Dullard called Buhari??!.. Yeah, he has no choice! lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
Basic problem is simple.

We are not a producing country.

We rely on the export of raw materials...and import and smuggle in goods whose value is worth more than what we export.

We also prefer to start businesses selling imported goods...rather than manufacture

Through subsides, we sabotage our petrol and oil sectors...and power sectors...via price controls implicit in such subsidies...leading to low energy to power domestic industries...and thus more importation.

And the oil we rely on is not enough to sustain us. Our breakeven price is $133. Oil is now $80..meaning we lose money for every barrel of oil we sell.

Every African country, except South Africa , goes through this. And we get into debt as a result.

But no...it is the fault of the IMF. Not our fault.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by michoim(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2021
hisexcellency34:
I tell u. Emefiele has presided over the worst catastrophic fall of the Naira from N165 to N225 within 7 months under Jonathan regime all through o its present official rate of N411, and black market rate of N530; all to the US dollars...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.