Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested (56430 Views)

LASU Prof. Tajudeen Olumoko Dismissed Over ‘Result Racketeering’ / Joshua Agboola: Meet 9-year-old Who Developed A Website For His School. / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by anambraamaka: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2021
But 265 should get someone admission in medicine in The University
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2021
BiggyB242:

For him to tell that ridiculous lie. Shows he is a terrible liar.
How do you know it is a lie? It could be a mistake . You seem to want to play some Armchair detective.

Everybody knows that you don't need further maths
so I am inclined to give the benefit of doubt ESPECIALLY as it is not material to the issue

In order to be a judge one must be mature and in control of one's sentiments. Distil the issues and ignore irrelevancies.

I personally instinctively disbelieve his story and that is why I have to make extra effort to remove prejudice and bias from my thinking and aim to be as objective as possible

The truth is there are many questions that remain unanswered. We do not have all the facts

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2021
Jashub:
I believe the boy . JAMB has become so porous that once they can't understand how you were able to score 300+ ,it is regarded as "examination malpractice ". And this is very bad since it discourages the brightest from studying
You are saying trash. Read and comprehend the story before commenting, why should u always depend shit?

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2021
Macphenson:
How is the boy seeing different results? JAMB should help us and explain.
The investigation revealed: “The candidate who was paraded for forging the Board’s result has confessed after the Board discovered that he saved his sister’s number on his phone as 55019 and used the phone to send the fake result to his phone.

“When he sends such results, they come as 55019.

“He pleaded for mercy that he had to do that when the result he got was not up to what could give him his desired programme.”
Can't u read before commenting?

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

You're talking as if you don't know how Nigeria works. They can intimidate someone to the extent of confessing to what they didn't do.
Their confession they claimed he gave doesn't even add up. So he saved his sister's number as 55019 and sent the message to his phone for what? How will sending sms with different results help him gain admission? Is there any university that accepts sms as proof of jamb results so what reason would he have to just forge the sms? Jamb be spilling nonsense and gullible nigerians be believing them.
It's those that wrote jamb this year that would understand this case of multiple results and not this nonsense jamb is vomiting

Well, like I said, I am ready to be called wrong on this case...but the boy's case is damaged by the fact that he brought no proof. JAMB brought proof to the table.

I myself had an issue with one of my WAEC scores where I got a P grade in a subject where I should have had a C. Even now, I am still suspicious of the result (and I heard from someone who should know these things that SOME waec markers don't do a good job)..but the thing is I had no proof. All I could do was use my Nov/dec waec result in combination with the may/june...where i passed the subject..to gain admission.

If he had brought some actual proof...including saving the text....I may have given him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, Nigeria is a land of injustice, but let us not let liars use that fact to play on our emotions.

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by 7victor(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2021
Femmyfestus:

Please what school is that

Usmanu Danfodyio University, Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Solatium(m): 10:26am On Sep 04, 2021
Jashub:
Oga ,you don't need to show that you're a semi-illiterate with an android device. The registrar of JAMB made an accusation, and the boy and his father are willing to take the institution to court to seek redress. And by the way, did you read the boy's statement? Does that sound like someone who isn't confident of his abilities...? The earlier you start looking beyond your foolishness ,the better your life will be .

2 most dangerous people are.

1...One with no education.

2...One with half education.

The first one can be easily converted and made to behave in a more saner way.
but the 2nd is the most difficult which is the category you belong.
So your own Android no show you the end of the story or your half education did not made you see the lawyer's near confession?

Please return your certificate to your school's, including primary school cert, because you are not fit to hold one.
oponu

6 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2021
anambraamaka:
But 265 should get someone admission in medicine in The University

Depends on which university

In my old university..it is 270. In UI...where the guy was aiming for...they won't even look at you unless you have at least 300.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by omoadeleye(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2021
Jashub:
I believe the boy . JAMB has become so porous that once they can't understand how you were able to score 300+ ,it is regarded as "examination malpractice ". And this is very bad since it discourages the brightest from studying

Oga learn to read before dropping your opinion so that you won't end up embarrassing yourself after seeing that you are wrong

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2021
aribisala0:
How do you know it is a lie? It could be a mistake . You seem to want to play some Armchair detective.

Everybody knows that you don't need further maths
so I am inclined to give the benefit of doubt ESPECIALLY as it is not material to the issue

In order to be a judge one must be mature and in control of one's sentiments. Distil the issues and ignore irrelevancies.

I personally instinctively disbelieve his story and that is why I have to make extra effort to remove prejudice and bias from my thinking and aim to be as objective as possible

The truth is there are many questions that remain unanswered. We do not have all the acts

With the second jamb score he should have been able to secure an admission to study medicine and surgery into any university in Nigeria. Not getting medicine and surgery because he didn't make further maths is fallacy.

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by femlad97(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2021
HADI854:

I don talk am before say dis jamb of a thing na complete scam
bro u get brain like this.....why is it that its alway the guy.....see that boy is lying 100%....
What i sense their is that the boy already bought is result before he wrote them....expo stuff i mean.....he already know the answers to the questions given to him through a sure plug and he is disappointed to get a low score....He and his father are trying to use strategies to play smart by saying jamb gave him two scores reason baba...
No b only d boy dey write jamb reason....3 times 2 score jamb

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2021
overlord77:

Please, let's stop peddling this kinda stupidity. Scores just don't change. If you logged in a saw a score, keep evidence. People have become so dubious nowadays that they can do anything to be seen as a victim. Why would JAMB just hate him from 2019 till date by constantly changing one man's scores. Make una fear God

It has been happening to people but they don't speak out. And please scores change. I wrote jamb this year so I can attest to that fact because it happened a lot this year. I don't know if it was system error or incompetence on JAMB's part but it did happen. And even if you decide to keep evidence, they would still find a way to say you forged it because it's their server and they manipulate it anytime. Is it not nigeria again?
The best would be to have him tested again and it should be marked by an independent body in the presence of everyone

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by anambraamaka: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Depends on which university

In my old university..it is 270. In UI...where the guy was aiming for...they won't even look at you unless you have at least 300.

Wow 300 is a lot
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2021
gmaribel:

One lie can lead to another lie.
I thought I was talking to a person who can reason clearly you operate at an emotional level
We do not know that it is a lie .That is the purpose of cross-examination
People tell all kinds of "lies" . No one is a saint.
People also make mistakes. I do not know whether he lied or made a mistake or was misquoted and you don't . FACT
At any rate that is irrelevant. to the issue here
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2021
femlad97:
bro u get brain like this.....why is it that its alway the guy.....see that boy is lying 100%....
What i sense their is that the boy already bought is result before he wrote them....expo stuff i mean.....he already know the answers to the questions given to him through a sure plug and he is disappointed to get a low score....He and his father are trying to use strategies to play smart by saying jamb gave him two scores reason baba...
No b only d boy dey write jamb reason

They were incident of multiple results this year. Please, don't always be quick to judge
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Sheggy13(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2021
erniok:

This is all from JAMB, in law, it's just hear-say. Hear from the boy too before you judge or it that too hard?
When someone lies about something so obvious, it makes it difficult to believe any other thing he says. He claimed he didn't get admission into Medicine in UI last year because he didn't do Further Maths in his O'Level instead of admitting that he didn't well enough in his Post-UTME since Medicine in UI is arguably the most competitive in the country to get admission into. He lied there as we all know UI and other Universities don't make Further Maths a compulsory requirement for Medicine. If he had said Engineering, I would have believed him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Denko2721987(m): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2021
Haakeem:

No worry, becos breakfast no reach you today no mean say e no go reach you someday for you to reason well.. Just be wickedly playing around becos it doesn't involve you ok..
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Royruky(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2021
Sixsigmahub:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/19-year-old-candidate-who-sued-jamb-for-n1bn-handed-over-to-police/%3famp

Public Relations Officers are crooks. Look at Fabian Benjamin, Jamb PRO giving false information.

Where did he get his information from that the Registrar is not aware of
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Well, like I said, I am ready to be called wrong on this case...but the boy's case is damaged by the fact that he brought no proof. JAMB brought proof to the table.

I myself had an issue with one of my WAEC scores where I got a P grade in a subject where I should have had a C. Even now, I am still suspicious of the result (and I heard from someone who should know these things that SOME waec markers don't do a good job)..but the thing is I had no proof. All I could do was use my Nov/dec waec result in combination with the may/june...where i passed the subject..to gain admission.

If he had brought some actual proof...including saving the text....I may have given him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, Nigeria is a land of injustice, but let us not let liars use that fact to play on our emotions.

He has the text evidence but they know claim he saved his sister's number as 55019 and sent the sms to his phone
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by femlad97(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

It has been happening to people but they don't speak out. And please scores change. I wrote jamb this year so I can attest to that fact because it happened a lot this year. I don't know if it was system error or incompetence on JAMB's part but it did happen. And even if you decide to keep evidence, they would still find a way to say you forged it because it's their server and they manipulate it anytime. Is it not nigeria again?
The best would be to have him tested again and it should be marked by an independent body in the presence of everyone
its can happen ones... yeah i agree but not for 3times....na only d boy dey write jamb .....see the guy buy jamb expo believe me....he is one of the kind that see jamb questions before writing

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Jashub: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2021
omoadeleye:

Oga learn to read before dropping your opinion so that you won't end up embarrassing yourself after seeing that you are wrong
My post was already standing before the OP updated his nonsense. Kindly see it from that perspective

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by blackmantis: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2021
Coronabirus:

The investigation revealed: “The candidate who was paraded for forging the Board’s result has confessed after the Board discovered that he saved his sister’s number on his phone as 55019 and used the phone to send the fake result to his phone.

“He pleaded for mercy that he had to do that when the result he got was not up to what could give him his desired programme.”
Can't u read before commenting?

No matter how much you try some people would follow thier emotions and believe what they want to believe even with glaring evidence staring at them.

5 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

JAMB Claimed that there was NEVER any communication about 380 to him
That is unambiguous .So the onus is on him to provide that communication.

These things can be traced through the phone company and NCC

It is not a complex issue

The other issue is if results "change " as you claim that is not a big deal. Mistakes happen and the terms and condition allow for retraction of erroneous results

A person who is smart enough to score 380 will certainly do so again and could go to court to either get the result reinstated or the opportunity to retake the exam under controlled conditions

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2021
anambraamaka:

Wow 300 is a lot

UI has always taken the high scoring students for medicine....

One of my classmates in secondary school graduated with a high JAMB score. His score was high enough to get into many universities medical school...but was not good enough for UI which is what he really wanted..

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by bigeagleeye(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2021
aribisala0:
If you have nothing sensible to say then shut your mouth

Did you read the note before insulting the writer or you're making a point that I am yet to understand? Pls help my curiosity!

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2021
bigeagleeye:

Did you read the note before insulting the writer or you're making a point that I am yet to understand? Pls help my curiosity!
If you have nothing sensible to say shut your mouth
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Uinic14(m): 10:39am On Sep 04, 2021
Can one person fight the Government...
Mbaaa, not possible. He won't win because they will always cover up and turn it against him...
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by phemmyfour: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2021
Jashub:
Did you read this part below

The candidate who was paraded for forging the Board’s result has confessed after the Board discovered that he saved his sister’s number on his phone as 55019 and used the phone to send the fake result to his phone.

He pleaded for mercy that he had to do that when the result he got was not up to what could give him his desired programme.”

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by erniok(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Sheggy13:

When someone lies about something so obvious, it makes it difficult to believe any other thing he says. He claimed he didn't get admission into Medicine in UI last year because he didn't do Further Maths in his O'Level instead of admitting that he didn't well enough in his Post-UTME since Medicine in UI is arguably the most competitive in the country to get admission into. He lied there as we all know UI and other Universities don't make Further Maths a compulsory requirement for Medicine. If he had said Engineering, I would have believed him.

Read the whole news again. The whole narration was by the JAMB registrar who called the press conference. The boy never spoke to the press.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2021
BiggyB242:

With the jamb score he got the second time, he should have been admitted to any university In Nigeria to study medicine and surgery. Not getting medicine and surgery because he didn't make further maths is fallacy.

You don't even need further maths for any medical based course in Nigeria ,. whether at JAMB or WAEC...UNLESS you are doing biomedical engineering. Which is in itself engineering.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by yrex01(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2021
Solatium:

2 most dangerous people are.

1...One with no education.

2...One with half education.

The first one can be easily converted and made to behave in a more saner way.
but the 2nd is the most difficult which is the category you belong.
So your own Android no show you the end of the story or your half education did not made you see the lawyer's near confession?

Please return your certificate to your school's, including primary school cert, because you are not fit to hold one.
oponu
bros non of them read d story. They r just yawing rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by femlad97(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

They were incident of multiple results this year. Please, don't always be quick to judge
so from 2019 to 2021....d guy dey receive two results....3 jamb two result
...na only d boy dey nigeria dey write jamb....or na jamb hate the boy grin reason
I see u are a child,but i wont argue with you
No b everything person come out and say 4 this country is true no place wey this boy one carry this case go d boy no fit win

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Common Facts About Kogi State University Girls / What Could This Little Boy Be Thinking? (photo ) / What Is The Direct Opposite Of "Sorry"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.