Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC (55374 Views)

Herdsmen Kill Evangelist Segun Adegboyega In His Farm In Oyo, Suspects Arrested / How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Suspects Arrested With Human Skulls In Ilorin, Kwara Confess (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Newboss(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Lagosfinder:
Many are rich but few can defend the source of their wealth

Not just a lekki thing, the whole nation is involved

Go and hustle and stop mansplaining
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Mypeople2(m): 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
And Abuja is a hotbed for government thieves.

Calculated attempts to demonise the region and hurt real estate in the area. Yoruba leaders are sleeping on the fence while the land is being sabotaged. The bastard leaders need serious flogging.
My question is, what about the politicians and governors that has been staealjng out money, do they use to parade them like this? My people thief na thief o, whether yahoo boys or politicians. All of them should be treated equaling. Even those borrowing money from other countries, you are all part of Nigeria problem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by TheGift: 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
I thought Lagos state banned media parading of suspects.
fergie0o1:

EFCC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by mmsen: 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
This is news?
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by TheGift: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Definition of “Mansplaining”:

It refers to a Man, explaining (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.

Newboss:

Go and hustle and stop mansplaining
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Sparklinglyte(m): 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
No be small matter o
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Adakintroy: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
A thieve is a thieve. No be by country hard. Nigeria is not hard. Life is.

The people who wrote thou shall not steal lived in tents in wilderness. Na heart thing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
femlad97:
grin grin grin see this one who dey talk about ponzi schemes.....dem go use normal chatting along with jass/juju talk to you walai u go fall..
And wetin concern education with scammers....omo dey go scam u collect ur master degree certificate grin fear yahoo boys

Why should you chat with someone you don't know
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Produke(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
My classmate for uniben dat year

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by WaffenSS(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Is weird haircut a requirement?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by teemac01(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
there is a bigger picture than just arresting fraud boys/men

efcc was not created for this purpose...but here we are...

where are the political criminals efcc was created to investigate?

or are we to believe only fraud boys/men are the only ones committing financial crimes?

examples plenty but gullible minds will see this as a welcome development...

Naira is at 530# to 1$ and your main issues is celebrating the arrest of fraud boys/men...

when it gets to 1000# to 1$ thats is when you people will shift your attention from celebrating arrest of fraud boys/men to carrying pitch forks

and axes looking for politicians to hang...

Economy is about to hit serious road blocks but our main concern is arrest of fraud boys/men being arrested...its ok.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Plut01: 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2021

Hotbed of yahoo boys and girls. The increase in yahoo girls is another story for another day.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by sweetjohn(m): 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Afonja and frauds
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Chieffoo007: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
Atleast yahoo still better bandits and bokoharam leave the southerners abeg

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by TheGift: 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
The fight against Yahoo-ism does not seem to be working. It goes beyond arrests . The root causes need to be addressed.

And some
of these young Men have the brains and smarts to be converted to good use, rather than locked up in jail where they will like become worse.

Cc: EFCC

fergie0o1:

EFCC

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Xavi2019: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
engrflames:
70% of Young men living in Lekki are into Internet fraud. It is quite unfortunate, but one thing is for sure; everyday is for the thief and one day for the owner.

The thing is, there are too many thieves now, some owner's day might never come.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Sluacoast(m): 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
GGirll:

You said it all sir, it baffles me how able bodied human beings n men for that matter will wake up every morning n do nothing but sit endlessly on the internet just to commit fraud then turn back n mock hard working peers who go out under sun n rain just to make ends meet.....I pray they face the full wrath of the law.
I'm in no support of fraud, but do you know millions of Nigerians are unemployed. Because you got a job doesn't mean other people has a job. The country is in a total mess and so many people are in a urged to survive the hardship in Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.
So many Nigeria graduate cannot face the humiliation after struggling so many in school to get a certificate and will come out with no job to show for it. Mehn they all see Yahoo as a suitable means to survive and take care of their age parent who has thrive so hard to train them in school.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Terrence99: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
sweetjohn:
Afonja and frauds

You are a big fool if you are Igbo. Trying to bring tribalism into this matter, no wonder you are beneath your mates.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Habib101: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
This Yahoo boys no get life

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG
I dont agree with your take sometimes...
But in this one, you hit the hammer on the nail perfectly
This is very accurate

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Habib101: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
Lagosfinder:
Many are rich but few can defend the source of their wealth

Not just a lekki thing, the whole nation is involved
Sure
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Habib101: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided
Not only lekki,the whole of NIGERIA
Nigeria go carry first-class for this thing
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commanderinpips: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
engrflames:
70% of Young men living in Lekki are into Internet fraud. It is quite unfortunate, but one thing is for sure; everyday is for the thief and one day for the owner.

Bros before the one day for the owner come, the owner fit don die o
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by victory36(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sluacoast:

I'm in no support of fraud, but do you know millions of Nigerians are unemployed. Because you got a job doesn't mean other people has a job. The country is in a total mess and so many people are in a urged to survive the hardship in Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.
So many Nigeria graduate cannot face the humiliation after struggling so many in school to get a certificate and will come out with no job to show for it. Mehn they all see Yahoo as a suitable means to survive and take care of their age parent who has thrive so hard to train them in school.
Are you in any way trying to justify the act of internet fraud? undecided undecided All those things you wrote up there doesn't give anyone the reason to indulge in such. We have enough problems already as a country, we shouldn't compound them.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sluacoast:

From the tone of your message, you are unintentionally supporting fraud, or let me say rationalizing it.
There is dignity in labour, there is always something one can do.
Most Nigerians come from poor homes anyways, so where is this "shame" and "humiliation" coming from?
If its say someone from an upper middle class home, I'll say maybe the shame is applicable
But for most of these lot, there is no basis for that

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Gerggii:
What is the faith of innocent ones like us that stay in lekki
Fate not faith. U people should learn how to spell or leave the internet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nexton2468:
My guy be like I for just dey run M for house instead of to go hk
U will soon be caught

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Forgodsgrace: 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG

Oboy you are typing nonsense.If they go with this your write up,that means almost everybody in this country will be in prison.
Who is a saint,the politicians,civil servants,traders that inflate prices anyhow,health workers?Name one !
Yahoo/fraud has been in existence before you were born and it will still continues.
There is an adage that says anybody that want to clean a nation will starts from his or her mother,so use your head and reason well before you type.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Caboceer: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Isn't it better for someone to be inside the house, pissing outside (yahoo boys) than for them to be inside the house pissing in (useless government officials busy looting the treasury})

NB: The oyibo man is perpetually outside the house, pissing inside on all of us Africans. That is why people Buhari, Tinubu and majority of government thieves spend months abroad, to escape the stench of their own piss mixed with that of the white man.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by BornRicch(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

From the tone of your message, you are unintentionally supporting fraud, or let me say rationalizing it.
There is dignity in labour, there is always something one can do.
Most Nigerians come from poor homes anyways, so where is this "shame" and "humiliation" coming from?
If its say someone from an upper middle class home, I'll say maybe the shame is applicable
But for most of these lot, there is no basis for that
You're very slow. Get a life kid. Yahooboys don't care about you when their time is up they will gadly face the consequence. Live your life.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Daum: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
I just want to say Sardine is now #800.
Thats how bad the country is. Efcc recovers loots from yahoo boys and the case of Magu is done. What is Efcc doing about the NDDC audit. Ex Abia state governor is going and coming out of jail. I don't think i saw a mugshot of him.

Come on, lets be honest here, how do you treat yahoo boys like this and let corrupt politicians enjoy themselves. Something is wrong with this country. I have said it, and i will continue to say it, all security agencies are tools of oppression to the common man on the street.

Before yahoo boys came, only politicians rode big cars, only them could hold lavish parties and sleep with young girls. Now they see rivalry and they are angry. The political elite is angry that young people are stealing faster than them. That's just their pain and nothing else.

They are not fighting corruption

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos / 'Yahoo Boys' In Togo Targeting Nigerian Politicians To Scam Foreigners. Photos / Pastor Enoch Accused Of Killing His Wife For Ritual In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.