Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC (55370 Views)

Herdsmen Kill Evangelist Segun Adegboyega In His Farm In Oyo, Suspects Arrested / How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Suspects Arrested With Human Skulls In Ilorin, Kwara Confess (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Sluacoast(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
VTJN:
I beg to differ on this

Greediness is the driving force behind these guys

If i should narrate how i passed through school practically living from hand to mouth. No hostel, i squatted all through. Yet came out top of the class
That's really correct. Greediness is part of it. A lot of things is also part of it. But the major part remains unemployment. It's very high. Nobody foreigners wants to interfere with Nigerians again. We have a long way to go if crime is not abolished from mindset of Nigerians

Why didn't i resorts to crime despite having more than 80% of my course mates engaged into such act? I had a neighbour (a young guy) whose father was a senior staff in Nestle, his mum wss a farmer

He's the first son. This guy had joined his fellow colleagues indulged in cyber crime. This guy will be 21 this year. His parents provides everything for him. This was someone i know pretty well. I asked him why'd he considered cyber crime as an alternative despite being taken care of by his parents? he muttered, claiming the allowances from his parents isn't enough to live a good and comfortable life

A 21 years old boy o. This was someone that do give me cassava flakes (garri) back then in school. He knows my stories. He knows how much i envied him and so wish my family was like his.

I'm out of school, still job hunting here and there. Yet, it never for once occurred to me to consider cyber crime, rubbery or what have you as an option. Never!!!

If i don't know of any of these Yahoo guys too well. This 21 years old boy is well known to me. He got into it so that he could have access to some luxuries

Not hunger, not joblessness et al

These are set of greedy people that are bent on making it at all cost. They're worst than Buhari that they always abused. They'd likely do worse if given the opportunity.

Interestingly, these set of people often make jest of us. Probably because we are broke, unemployed or perhaps underemployed. They seek for nonesense update in swindling someone's hard earned money

Forget it, these people no be am.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
All of you complaining about Yahoo boys are wasting your time

Please is you can see this, I lost my job this February. Please for the sake of God, kindly teach me any kind of Gee/yahoo I can USE to sustain my life

There is no no tunnel and there is no hope at the end of anywhere. Abeg brothers... Help a bro out... Life is very difficulty

Please I am humbly asking
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Bngf: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
Oh
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by VTJN(m): 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dpundict:
More efforts needs to be put in by the agency. The intimidation by these guys here in Ajah/badore is something else. They make us who live legit lives feel inferior as if certificates has no value and we went to school to learn how to be foolish and broke
As in eh!

The oppression no be here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Kayyus09(m): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
To these guys spend the proceedings on themselves!
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by raphy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
Fiscus105:
Lagos would be hot cake for efcc officials too, they will arrest 5 for government, rush to the media to get applaud and also arrest 7 for themselves and share recovered proceeds among themselves.

You be Yahoo boy make u knw go hustle legit
By there write-up we shall knw them

FBI HÀS started monitoring you as from today ..stay there they will come your house soon.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by raphy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
5ThChild:

Please is you can see this, I lost my job this February. Please for the sake of God, kindly teach me any kind of Gee/yahoo I can USE to sustain my life

There is no no tunnel and there is no hope at the end of anywhere. Abeg brothers... Help a bro out... Life is very difficulty

See this lazy rat looking for free money .

Stay there de wait for Yahoo boy learning center ...Na.your type FBI go soon follow
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Fiscus105(m): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
raphy:

You be Yahoo boy make u knw go hustle legit
By there write-up we shall knw them

FBI HÀS started monitoring you as from today ..stay there they will come your house soon.

If you say soooooooo

My corridor open to anybody ,i mean anybody, including you to verify.

I pray you wont die of heart attack oooo , why? Since u are taking drugs for someone headache, it will get to a point, the drug would compounded and bust in ur body system.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Tedpgrass: 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
And Abuja is a hotbed for government thieves.

Calculated attempts to demonise the region and hurt real estate in the area. Yoruba leaders are sleeping on the fence while the land is being sabotaged. The bastard leaders need serious flogging.

Can see your point of view
Especially when an earlier cretinous statement suggested that the CofOs of landlords renting to these kids be revoked or property seized...

Like what Talibanistic tomfoolery is that!

How many landlords meet and thoroughly vet prospective tenants, moreso with the increasing number of estate agencies who compete with places of worship for commercial floorspace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by raphy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
Mypeople2:
My question is, what about the politicians and governors that has been staealjng out money, do they use to parade them like this? My people thief na thief o, whether yahoo boys or politicians. All of them should be treated equaling. Even those borrowing money from other countries, you are all part of Nigeria problem.

Uself want to follow government chop the ppl I see na Yahoo boy sense de ya head .make u no go hustle legit stay there de scam ppl.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Simdyofficial:
If you release this guys. They will still go back to yahoo codedly. So why the arrest. Una no want boys to flex us abi
your mentality is so shallow sis, shey u can’t work to flex ursef? Shebi u get phone enter dating site now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
cletz991:
Who be EFCC informat sef?

Your Friend.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Dwebonline: 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Only God knows where we are heading to..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by raphy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
Fiscus105:

If you say soooooooo

My corridor open to anybody ,i mean anybody, including you to verify.

I pray you wont die of heart attack oooo , why? Since u are taking drugs for someone headache, it will get to a point, the drug would compounded and bust in ur body system.

See this one na you de sniff drugs na see aht u are typing when u will make it clear u are a legit hustle .any way no take offence from my first mentione na mistake mnd u am not a drug pusher like that guy up there from the....

My ppl knw the rest...
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
Produke:
My classmate for uniben dat year

He's now popular.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sluacoast:

I'm in no support of fraud, but do you know millions of Nigerians are unemployed. Because you got a job doesn't mean other people has a job. The country is in a total mess and so many people are in a urged to survive the hardship in Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.
So many Nigeria graduate cannot face the humiliation after struggling so many in school to get a certificate and will come out with no job to show for it. Mehn they all see Yahoo as a suitable means to survive and take care of their age parent who has thrive so hard to train them in school.

Story.

There's no situation they've all faced that some of us have never faced.

Crime is a choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
geechy:
Anybody with dread na Yahoo boy?
I'm asking because I see alot of dreaded guys in the pictures

How you dey take know reverend father ?
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Fiscus105(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
raphy:

See this one na you de sniff drugs na see aht u are typing when u will make it clear u are a legit hustle .any way no take offence from my first mentione na mistake mnd u am not a drug pusher like that guy up there from the....

My ppl knw the rest...

Listening attentively in the class you say no

Check ur write up, compare it with mine and tell me who is on drug.

Though urchins like you dnt deserve reply.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
5ThChild:

Please is you can see this, I lost my job this February. Please for the sake of God, kindly teach me any kind of Yahoo I can USE to sustain my life.

Easier if you carry gun.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by seyz91(m): 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
I tell you

I iust dey look those wey dey criticize or condemn these street hustlers

Man must survive with this harsh economy

Politicians are the grand yahoo

As long as none of these guys wield guns to go rob any bank or house or use blood, to me it's okay
internationalman:
90% of all the co called your millionaire or billionaires in Nigeria are into fraud or shady means of making Money..

I don't blame them much because even if they were employed legally be it federal or state level, they will have worked for 50yrs before they'd manage to save up to $20k

This corn tree is messed up.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
raphy:

See this lazy rat looking for free money .

Stay there de wait for Yahoo boy learning center ...Na.your type FBI go soon follow
Alright bro. You are not in my shoes. You need not quote me

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by kumulus(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
kuntash:
grin grin

In few years artisans and other skilled persons would become a mirage ....

No body wants to learn anything legit ...

Just imagine when these ones too starts having children of their own ...

Which is a good thing for those who would take advantage.

-Lloyd

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Milliozbillz458(m): 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
How many corrupt politicians have you arrested?
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by EmmaLege: 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
everyday for the thief shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by cbrezy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
internationalman:
90% of all the co called your millionaire or billionaires in Nigeria are into fraud or shady means of making Money..

I don't blame them much because even if they were employed legally be it federal or state level, they will have worked for 50yrs before they'd manage to save up to $20k

This corn tree is messed up.

Exactly sad
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Commentor:

Easier if you carry gun.

Where is the gun. You think gun is cheap abi

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG
so what happens to our politicians legitimate earnings.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
5ThChild:

Where is the gun. You think gun is cheap abi
Same price as a laptop.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by moneyissweet(m): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
Just as buhari and all the Abuja politifians has ended up in penury

Capital mugu

FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Commentor:

Same price as a laptop.

grin God don catch you today. So naa you dey supply those Bandits. how you take know the amount Dem dey sell guns
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Commentor: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
5ThChild:

grin God don catch you today. So naa you dey supply those Bandits. how you take know the amount Dem dey sell guns

OK sir.

No report me o.

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by abubkhr: 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
My niggers your brothers and your media houses are happy with you they only make it news while when it comes to Northern part of the country so continue you are more than bandits and boko haram combine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos / Pastor Enoch Accused Of Killing His Wife For Ritual In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / 'Yahoo Boys' In Togo Targeting Nigerian Politicians To Scam Foreigners. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.