Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC (55382 Views)

Herdsmen Kill Evangelist Segun Adegboyega In His Farm In Oyo, Suspects Arrested / How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Suspects Arrested With Human Skulls In Ilorin, Kwara Confess (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Simdyofficial(f): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ihatebuhariwith:
your mentality is so shallow sis, shey u can’t work to flex ursef? Shebi u get phone enter dating site now.
who be this pussy licker.. Sey we force anybody ni
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nexton2468: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2021
[quote author=anastasius post=105460943]
U will soon be caught [/quot

Funny you am I don't do fraud bro I just making a meme
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nexton2468: 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
anastasius:

U will soon be caught

Funny you bro na meme I dey make bro nor cry put abi you no the guy

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Limassol(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
larryjonze:
mothafvckas, efcc was established primarily to curb corruption practice most esp. among civil servant n politician ... but today they have being reduce to catching yahoo boiz
The major question, of what benefit is all these arrest to nigeria if politicians looting our common wealth are untouchable.
between minister wey loot allocation and yahoo boy wey scam oyinbo of whatever dollar .. which is more detrimental to our growth as a nation undecided

Exactly my thought. Somebody give this guy a cold malt!
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by nedekid: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
Someone should tell the efcc Abuja, Niger, borneo, yobe, zamphara are the hotbed of kidnapping, rape, Boko haram, killer heardsmen.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Kennyking1234: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
Myhusband:
God knows I can't be a Yahoo boy and still continue after making cool millions, imagine hitting 10m then become a sub distributor of varieties of goods in a new developing areas, buying shares of 2m and focus on wealth building

Nigeria Yahoo boys dupe white, Nigeria ladies dupe them back and another bf of Nigeria ladies dupe the ladies back and the duping keep recycling

person wey him papa never count 1m once will hit 3m the next thing na to be sleeping in hotels, buying cars and iPhone to olosho called gf, you can't flirt with a local street girl again when she dey collect 100k per week from yahoo boy, I even heard one 22years old Yahoo boy place her 20yrs gf on wages

set of idiots
you are smart.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by olubl: 10:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
This is a credible evidence of failure of our leaders
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Tomahawk99(m): 11:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
Style007:
What’s up bro
cheesy
You have protonmail? Let's communicate there...encrypted and safe cool
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Munamu: 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG

You really hit the point sir, but you should say something on the system that turned them into such. Julius Caesar said who is so firm, that can never be seduced. It is evidenced that half the population of these fraudsters are graduates,whose parents must have gone through thick and thin to have them educated. PLS AM NOT SUPPORTING THEM. It is just that the complete system has failed, and this Yahoo thing is one of the results. From politicians, government workers, armed forces, lecturers, pastors, imams,contractors,private sectors etc. It is still the same Yahoo everywhere in different guise. The fact that an average Nigerian is not into Yahoo does not mean he doesn't cut corners. Jesus said he that has no sin, let him first throw a stone. Do you know that some of these boys after been convicted don't even get more a year prison term, which may not even deter them from Yahoo. Have you wondered why the efcc is focusing on Yahoo boys? That is where their money comes from these days. Forget those ones that they displayed their pictures,they are the cheap Yahoo boys. The real Yahoo boys don't get caught. My point is that Nigeria needs total overhauling in order to curb this menace. Yahoo Yahoo is a function of the failed system, and it can only be tackled when all hands are on deck.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by dk58(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
You should not scam people.
Why?
Because it's a crime
But the government of my country is guilty, too
Everyone knows. Your government hates competition.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Brenn594(m): 1:08am On Sep 04, 2021
Guy no be those niggas paradin as 4rex,fraudto,tifcard traders be dis

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Lukaku95: 1:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Nexton2468:
My guy be like I for just dey run M for house instead of to go hk
living in HK na bad Idea.. dey run am for House.. just visit HK and go.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Panda7(m): 1:37am On Sep 04, 2021
EFCC should let the future of this country grow and arrest corrupt politicians hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by GGirll: 1:48am On Sep 04, 2021
Sluacoast:

I'm in no support of fraud, but do you know millions of Nigerians are unemployed. Because you got a job doesn't mean other people has a job. The country is in a total mess and so many people are in a urged to survive the hardship in Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.
So many Nigeria graduate cannot face the humiliation after struggling so many in school to get a certificate and will come out with no job to show for it. Mehn they all see Yahoo as a suitable means to survive and take care of their age parent who has thrive so hard to train them in school.

You said the truth dear but shall we continue in sin for grace to bound? The Bible said God forbid, crime is inherent in some folks and I see it s greediness when guys indulge in such soft work to survive t d expense of the victims, its totally not acceptble n painful, if I tell you what I've passed through in this my life, you will shiver but still I refused to commit crime in any way....everyone us was given a talent n destiny by God but we must find them.by ourselves.....I managed to find mine n I'm using it....the country's bad governance is heart wrenching but if everyone toes to commit one crime or d other, then doom is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by BennyDGreat: 1:58am On Sep 04, 2021
VTJN:
I beg to differ on this

Greediness is the driving force behind these guys

If i should narrate how i passed through school practically living from hand to mouth. No hostel, i squatted all through. Yet came out top of the class

Why didn't i resorts to crime despite having more than 80% of my course mates engaged into such act? I had a neighbour (a young guy) whose father was a senior staff in Nestle, his mum wss a farmer

He's the first son. This guy had joined his fellow colleagues indulged in cyber crime. This guy will be 21 this year. His parents provides everything for him. This was someone i know pretty well. I asked him why'd he considered cyber crime as an alternative despite being taken care of by his parents? he muttered, claiming the allowances from his parents isn't enough to live a good and comfortable life

A 21 years old boy o. This was someone that do give me cassava flakes (garri) back then in school. He knows my stories. He knows how much i envied him and so wish my family was like his.

I'm out of school, still job hunting here and there. Yet, it never for once occurred to me to consider cyber crime, rubbery or what have you as an option. Never!!!

If i don't know of any of these Yahoo guys too well. This 21 years old boy is well known to me. He got into it so that he could have access to some luxuries

Not hunger, not joblessness et al

These are set of greedy people that are bent on making it at all cost. They're worst than Buhari that they always abused. They'd likely do worse if given the opportunity.

Interestingly, these set of people often make jest of us. Probably because we are broke, unemployed or perhaps underemployed. They seek for nonesense update in swindling someone's hard earned money

Forget it, these people no be am.

You have valid points
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 4:18am On Sep 04, 2021
Kayodeblaze:
Normally! Normal people fit rent or buy house for Lekki in the first place
exactly
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 4:22am On Sep 04, 2021
No one noticed All those arrests were made on 21-04-2021

It's possible this news /thread was meant to be a Blackmail because those boys didn't drop or probably they got released, saw the officers that effected their arrests and challenged them.

They felt hurt and post their image on social media

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by NakwansaPolice: 5:54am On Sep 04, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

Spoken like a typical poor rettarded Nigerian with zero understanding of the concept of capitalism.
Mynd44 lalasticlala seun
Rule 2
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by mywells: 5:57am On Sep 04, 2021
And the people that milk this country dry are walking free with impunity,this EFCC is are just like their senior brother police ,they would leave the criminal and start arresting people that are doing video recording on accident scene that's what the police have turn to now.Its a shame really shame to have these set of people as anti craft agent.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Goldenfinger: 6:05am On Sep 04, 2021
Tomahawk99:
Dating na suffer-head. Do BEC or Ransomware. cheesy
.afa give me link na, make we align
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Goldenfinger: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2021
GGirll:

You said the truth dear but shall we continue in sin for grace to bound? The Bible said God forbid, crime is inherent in some folks and I see it s greediness when guys indulge in such soft work to survive t d expense of the victims, its totally not acceptble n painful, if I tell you what I've passed through in this my life, you will shiver but still I refused to commit crime in any way....everyone us was given a talent n destiny by God but we must find them.by ourselves.....I managed to find mine n I'm using it....the country's bad governance is heart wrenching but if everyone toes to commit one crime or d other, then doom is inevitable.
.. I heard you soft work ��... Who nor go nor know....
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Eleponblue(m): 6:23am On Sep 04, 2021
fergie0o1:
By their hairstyle you shall know them�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Yahoo Boys' In Togo Targeting Nigerian Politicians To Scam Foreigners. Photos / NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos / Lovers Found Dead In Their Apartment In Delta. Suicide Suspected (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.