Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC (15504 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape / US Police Officers Give Motorists N57,000 Each As Christmas Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by PAWG(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2021
SarkinYarki:

I skip tracks directly from my steering wheel..pick calls from the steering wheel ..

It’s a distraction grin grin
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by seunayantokun(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Even then, that's a tiny minority of Nigerian drivers. Majority don't have that type of car, and FRSC has to tailor its orders for the majority of drivers.

It is for your safety too. What if you got rear-ended by a person using earphones while driving?

Ear pieces shouldn't be part of it like you have said but simple devices like I just mentioned up there should be allowed. Even 20yrs old cars can use them. Motorists should be encouraged to use them. There should also be stringent law enforcement.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by SarkinYarki: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2021
PAWG:

It’s a distraction grin grin

That mean driving as a whole is a distraction cheesy
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by toxtimmy: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2021
Everything in life is dangerous... What about thinking while driving? What about sleeping while driving? What about eating while driving? What about looking left, right, or behind while driving? What about talking to people in the car while driving? What about listening to music while driving? What about singing while driving? What about kissing while driving? What about killing a fly or mosquito in car while driving?

The point is simply we as Nigeria or zoo country as a whole did not invent the car, did not invent the handsfree devices or whatever... Oyinbo man when do all these things say as far as your hands are on the steering, your car's well maintained, your tires good, your seat belt on you while driving, your brakes good, your insurance good, you are not in the influence of any chemical substance or medication and you have a driver's license then at the minimal that's all required to drive on any highway or road in the world but not Nigeria.

How many pot holes or bad roads have killed Nigerians? How many people have died today on roads in Nigeria from bad roads by the goverment? I guessing millions of Nigerians have died or and impacted by bad roads have n Nigeria but we are talking about jail of 6 months for an ordinary Nigerian for using earphone near while driving... Honestly, monkeys are smarter than Nigerians.

Mad people everywhere in decision making bodies in Nigeria.

Kobicove:

Those things cause distraction when driving, having a lengthy phone discussion while driving is dangerous!

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by EmekaA125(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2021
Nigerian Ladies....I wonder how you guys sleep at night knowing fully well that the food you are carrying in between your legs is not eatable due to infection & unhygienic practice. What will you take you ladies to keep your vagina sweet, fresh and appetizing? This is becoming too bad. A man will spend and take care of a girl yet the only compensation he would get is a smelling, stinking and irritating pussy. God punish you ladies there. Umu idiot.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by leofab(f): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

Interesting...
Ma’am will you be so kind as to provide a link to the source of data that established the fact you just posted?
Why blast music from earpiece when there’s a fully functional audio system in The car?
maybe you have not heard of the word ‘ Playlist’ before..
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by seyiojomu(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2021
It's only as dangerous as how far you take it to be.
This is a digital age, for people that can't afford to buy cars with in built Bluetooth and handsfree features, the alternative options left is still valid for them.

Researchers and manufacturers won't continue to improve infotainment and telephone features into cars if the advantages does not outweigh the dangers you may be imagining.

Making a phone call while driving has saved me from a trailing car with intent to hurt me.
I have reported crime sightings while driving.
I have hailed for assistance ahead while driving because it's an highway one must not stop.
I have ignored calls I regretted also while driving thereby loosing opportunities.

People education on proper use is better than banning the use of earphones. If I get caught while using it for a good cause and my reason is not convinincing enough to the law enforcers, I easily face a jail time for that?

C'mon!

Kobicove:

Those things cause distraction when driving, having a lengthy phone discussion while driving is dangerous!

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by cunny88(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Then keep driving till you find a designated parking spot.

It is because you guys have not seen people involved in accidents from taking a call while driving...that's why you are busy grumbling. These rules are made for your safety.

From the usa

I tink safety lies in d hands of d driver. Once I hit 100km/h I dnt take call or listen to music and I limit my conversations with whoever is in car wit me. Den most importantly I always drive at a speed I can control.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by leofab(f): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2021
seunayantokun:

Ear pieces of any sort not needed. Buy a phone holder, fix it to the dashboard, slot the phone there and connect, and there you go. It's even doable on 20 years old cars.
connect to where ?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Revolva(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2021
Na Beat by Dre head fone I go put for ear....take de recieve call
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by seunayantokun(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
leofab:
connect to where ?

Google, YouTube, etc will perfectly answer your questions more than the little information I've given here. Just type in phone holders for cars, and go on from there.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Frenzy01(m): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2021
These people would just wake up one day and dictate punishments to their subjects. Incredible

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by adanny01(m): 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
“The law may not make it an offence but at the same time, it can distract you, even changing your cassette (while driving) can distract you and result to accident.”

There no such law.

So cars should not be made with music players now. New cars have Android Auto, Apple play etc and some even slots for sim cards. Does that mean these cars are against the law?

This FRSC people are law breakers themselves by their very actions.

Imagine how they interprete the laws. Whenever they stop you and say, "oga your tires don expire", if they fine you, you will not see expired tire, you will see worn out tires which is actually not what they booked you for.

A mere hairline crack in a windshield is booked as shattered wind screen. This people have booked one man for fire extinguisher but he carries an aerosol can of fire extinguisher which the insisted is not acceptable. I wonder whether the law specified a brand or size.

These people can't even interprete their own laws.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
macrodata:
that's what they're saying. No talk at all. If your passenger talks to you, ignore the talk and concentrate wholeheartedly like your life depend on it for the sake of 6 months imprisonment.
Lol grin
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Naija8240: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
It’s called hand free for a reason!!!. People answer their phone while driving for a varieties of reasons , such as attending to a business matter,emergency and others. So u don’t expect people to just not talk while on their car. I am ok asking people not to hold their phone with their hand while driving. And most importantly, the law has to go through the legislative chamber for a debate before implementation. Why do one organization just come from no where to implement something big like this. Only in zoo republic you see something done this way… I know this bad decision is just for the poor Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
leofab:
maybe you have not heard of the word ‘ Playlist’ before..

Playlist, lol, when the car stereo most likely has the same playlist, plus the advantage of live programs
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Engr1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mad pple...............

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by joyandfaith: 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
limcar:

https://punchng.com/motorists-driving-with-earphones-risk-six-months-in-jail-frsc/

Community service is ok.
How can we congested prisons for non- criminal offences?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Naija8240: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
It is not only listening to music was the reason for earphones innovation. For marketers, it’s for them to keep engaging their customers while on the road, for family, it’s for them to keep interacting with their families… just to mention a few reasons for earphones invention. Most people conduct their business while driving to see their clients. I live in USA , we are encouraged to use earphone, car Bluetooth instead of holding the phone on your hand. You can’t just put someone in jail for something like this. Anything that involves punishment to the citizens has to go through legislative branch for a debate before implementation to avoid abuse. Nigeria is a zoo (PERIOD).
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Bimpe29: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
This is really controversial.

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by symbianDON(m): 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
Isn't it ridiculous that you can converse with your passengers while driving but can't converse using hands-free devices?

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by leofab(f): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

Playlist, lol, when the car stereo most likely has the same playlist, plus the advantage of live programs
stop being naive… listening to a particular playlist or track when and how you want is a flex for many.. except your car is Bluetooth enabled that you can pair your phone… many don’t have the financial fortune to get those gadgets that can enable that.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by leofab(f): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
seunayantokun:

Google, YouTube, etc will perfectly answer your questions more than the little information I've given here. Just type in phone holders for cars, and go on from there.
don’t be naive.. you said 20yrs old car.. how do you pair your phone to a rickety 2001 Camry ?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
leofab:
stop being naive… listening to a particular playlist or track when and how you want is a flex for many.. except your car is Bluetooth enabled that you can pair your phone… many don’t have the financial fortune to get those gadgets that can enable that.
You’re the one being naive, there are cables as cheap as 500 naira that you can use to connect your phone to your car stereos.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2021
leofab:
don’t be naive.. you said 20yrs old car.. how do you pair your phone to a rickety 2001 Camry ?
You know you can upgrade your car stereo right?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by leofab(f): 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

You’re the one being naive, there are cables as cheap as 500 naira that you can use to connect your phone to your car stereos.
I end it here.. I wasn’t taking about myself… don’t be foolish, FRSC isn’t enacting the law for me.. it’s tor Nigerians.. go and tell all Nigerians to get the cable… oh that’s what they hate already by this new law..
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by leofab(f): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

You know you can upgrade your car stereo right?
is the new law for me alone ? Go and tell all Nigerians to upgrade their stereo.. oh maybe that what the new law is all about. Peace
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by amah4game: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hehehee grin ..... obviously the talk was not the root cause of your accident... abeg
Na which of the road you de look?
24brains:
truly it is. I had an accident last year as a result of talk talk distraction by a half naked babe with exposed cleavage with me at the front seat.

Her talk distracted my brain and her shape distracted my concentration. Behold boom!!! I ramed into a spoilt car parked at the centre of the road. Thanks to seatbelt and airbag.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by seunayantokun(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
leofab:

Okay.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by KingWarri: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobicove:

Many Nigerians want a developed nation but can't obey simple laws... See a lot of the so called educated folks tongue lashing FRSC for just a simple law..
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by KingWarri: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
Engr1:
Mad pple...............
Obey simple law Mr. Tortoise and stop forming ITK
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by KingWarri: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
symbianDON:
Isn't ridiculous that you can converse with your passengers while driving but can't converse using hands-free devices?
Please obey the law for a better Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? / Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.