Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC (15500 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape / US Police Officers Give Motorists N57,000 Each As Christmas Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by eeithis(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hope they've heard of GPS route finder... If not how do they want motorist and bike men to be following GPS order of "turn left then 120 meters turn right"?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Gfskw: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
leofab:
I end it here.. I wasn’t taking about myself… don’t be foolish, FRSC isn’t enacting the law for me.. it’s tor Nigerians.. go and tell all Nigerians to get the cable… oh that’s what they hate already by this new law..

It’s a pity you resorted to insults...
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Abujakenneth: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2021
Granted that the right to freedom of speech is not absolute, is this prohibition of the use og ear bod constitutional? Should that right not be derogated from only if it violates the rights of others? How does my using an ear-bod while driving violate the rights of others, presumably motorists or pedestrians? Which rights, precisely, are at stake? Leadership failure every where you go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by YeyeGbami: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

It’s a pity you resorted to insults...

You sef try, as that person don bring playlists come inside the matter you suppose just free am. You should be able to spot a dumb person from distance.

Charger + Bluetooth + Aux and even USB. You will get it as cheap as 5K or even cheaper. So because of one yeye playlist i’ll put on ear buds while driving.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by sucess001(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Most car owners in Nigeria don't have a Bluetooth enabled car.

So, the decision makes sense.

The aim is to minimize distractions while driving...

And cars don't have radios?

Do you ban knives because it can kill?

Do you ban electricity because it can electrocute?

Why are these not illegal in other countries?

Cos they have sensible people in power...other people will focus on making things safer to use...but here the easy solution is 'ban it'...
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by xcelentattitude(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
thoollz:
First off, it was don't use your phone while driving, now it is don't use earbuds/Airpods or earpiece. Very soon, it'll be don't look while driving. Rubbish.

Or don't drive while driving grin

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
sucess001:

And cars don't have radios?

Do you ban knives because it can kill?

Do you ban electricity because it can electrocute?

Why are these not illegal in other countries?

Cos they have sensible people in power...other people will focus on making things safer to use...but here the easy solution is 'ban it'...

All right, use your earphones while driving.

Have a safe trip.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by felzokugo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
Charmingrascal:
How can you be driving with your earpiece on.

It is wrong and 6 months jail is not too much
Na d same school you and kazeem go...
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by felzokugo(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
Zombie kwantri!
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by drphantom: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
limcar:

https://punchng.com/motorists-driving-with-earphones-risk-six-months-in-jail-frsc/

Is there a lawyer in the house that can weigh in on this?

What is the position of the law on this?

Can I take them to court ?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Cheeryfeet: 12:28am On Sep 05, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Foolish Road Safety Commission (F.R.S.C.), they should also impose 1 year in jail for listening to our radio, Zombies.
Yeah they are actually right. Driving requires total concentration, yeah of course, only in Nigeria. Because you really have to pay attention in navigating death traps on the roads in the name of pot holes. Mad men

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by 24brains(m): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2021
Cleavage road/main road around abuja axis through figure8 lane(double wahala) grin grin
amah4game:
Hehehee grin ..... obviously the talk was not the root cause of your accident... abeg
Na which of the road you de look?
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by amah4game: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2021
Hope your journey ended down pubic lane around thighland junction grin
24brains:
Cleavage road/main road around abuja axis through figure8 lane(double wahala) grin grin
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by 24brains(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2021
amah4game:
Hope your journey ended down pubic lane around thighland junction grin
i wasn't fortunate to enter the paradise city at thighland junction to pubic lane.

But rather, i woke up to see fierce looking doctors with sharp pointed syringe staring at my boot. By then, my p*nis has flattened!!
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Coolgent(m): 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
Listening to music while driving requires attention too.
Impose 5 years sentence on that offense
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by amah4game: 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
grin grin lessons learnt ... Next time park well or drive cautiously as you approach and negotiate wonderland bend to thighland, that corner thight well well...
24brains:
i wasn't fortunate to enter the paradise city at thighland junction to pubic lane.

But rather, i woke up to see fierce looking doctors with sharp pointed syringe staring at my boot. By then, my p*nis has flattened!!

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Engr1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
KingWarri:

Obey simple law Mr. Tortoise and stop forming ITK
U are talking sh**t boy.
That kind law, is not for me period! However, u can stick to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How VW Lost The Rolls-Royce Brand To BMW 4 Yrs After Buying It For ₦200b / At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? / Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.