Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,500 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked (47447 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / UNIBEN Student Loses His Parked Benz To A Mysterious Early-Morning Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by blackmantis: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
About 30k kpere!

Get tracker!
get tracker!! No way.

You will only know the usefulness once the car is stolen.
Don't say it can't happen to you.
Be prepared.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by DropsMic(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sorry bro
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by greenie77: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Importance of a tracker
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Okortor: 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
I pray u find it but next time, get a tracker installed..

All my cars av tracker's including that of my wife n kids.. aside being stolen, it's cool for safety in case of kidnapping or emergency.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Rastaramsey(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Damnnnn niggarr
If u really bought it at the company or factory, go there and hack it
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by MuchAdo: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:
My Toyota Camry 03 (Big daddy) was stolen on 28/29th of August just outside my compound where it was parked overnight at Ibidun street, surulere.

The vehicle was locked properly and even with steering and pedal lock. Gone to make report at the police station, nothing forthcoming yet.

Details of the car
Make : Toyota
Model: Camry
Color : Wine
Year: 03
Plate number: SMK-420-FV
Chassis number: 4T1E32K33U647821
Engine number: 2AZ7322332

Unfortunately, there was no tracker installed but I have comprehensive insurance. Already processing the claim. But still, would appreciate help in finding it.

Despite the steering and pedal lock

Is it local or ready-made pedal lock?

Also, did it have in-built security?

@all you tracker hawkers
Trackers don't work anymore. They just take the vehicle to a workshop and pieces it!!!

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by therajah: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Crossroad1:
We can't over emphasize the use of tracker..
How can you buy a car worth more than a million and can't install 50k+ tracker, how?

I pray you find your car
For 20k, you will get a tracker
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Adisa89(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
If that car enter Owode market na sorry things be that o.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Myself2(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
olumzzz:

When you're already processing an insurance claim, why are you still looking for the car?

Good question
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Franzinni: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:

The car has been in the compound for over a week, Just went out that day and got back a bit late and there was no longer space in the Compound. Had no choice than to park outside overnight.
a very painful experience ... some people are wicked to the very fabric of their being.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by mrksquare: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:
My Toyota Camry 03 (Big daddy) was stolen on 28/29th of August just outside my compound where it was parked overnight at Ibidun street, surulere.

The vehicle was locked properly and even with steering and pedal lock. Gone to make report at the police station, nothing forthcoming yet.

Details of the car

Unfortunately, there was no tracker installed but I have comprehensive insurance. Already processing the claim. But still, would appreciate help in finding it.

But na WA for you oh. You get this fine car na only pedal lock you take protect am. Whereas car tracker is even less than 70k.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by kingscare1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Get a tracker installed in your car anywhere in Lagos.
Chat me up on WhatsApp 090354. 64082
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Help2020: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
Crossroad1:
How can you buy a car worth more than a million and can't install 50k+ tracker, how?

I pray you find your car
Don't mind em..Zero pity for em.insurance nko?No way.oga carry ur cross.Next time he go learn.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by therajah: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
okoroemeka:
some trackers are #25k,even #20k tracker is available especially for Toyota cars ,I have used a 2000 Honda babyboy,2005 Acura RL and a 2007 Honda Accord,what this Hondas have in common is the key security, without the special coded key that syncs with the ECU you can never start the car,you can use the spare key to open doors,boot or even crank the engine but it will not start,if I park my Honda and put the keys in my pocket you can only use towing van to steal the car.
I love Honda!!

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hmmm, any car can be stolen. Get a tracker and always remember to use alarm system.
But in all honesty, it's very difficult to steal an Honda car. These thefts are only common with Toyota cars. But like I said, any car can be stolen.

Op, go and report at the police station, take your documents, especially your chassis number. Make sure you pay them well to get your car back or else, you go just dey go in vain oo. Nigeria police are very efficient when they are motivated.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Kajaard: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
olumzzz:

When you're already processing an insurance claim, why are you still looking for the car?

That's Nigerians for you. The spirit of criminality just seems to endear itself to the populace.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Slimgold2019: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
You are lucky taking up a Comprehensive Insurance.Some car owners think it's a waste of money.The need of Car Insurance can never be overlook especially with the high rate if insecurity everywhere.Your claims would be paid.Call for your insurance needs anytime:zero eight zero twenty eight thirty seven eleven fifty.Visit us:www.mutualng.com
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Ishilove: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
okoroemeka:
then be sure the factory security system has been deactivated in your car,they may change or work the ECU,instead of reprogram the key they will leave it like that,key security is a standard Honda security system on accords and Acuras(ones I know)since at least 2000 model upwards,that's why thief's don't steal Honda anyhow,but any ashawo key will enter and start Camry or corolla.there is a green key light on your Honda dashboard that will blink three times and off when you insert the programmed key then the vehicle will start,but if you insert the unprogrammed key it will continue to blink and will not stop and the vehicle can never start,if your system is not like this then something is wrong and tampered with.sticker on glass below is the mark of this unique security system,you will see it on almost all accord
Is it programmed from the factory?
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Ajixegun: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Terrence99:
Surulere.
Yaba
Mushin
Isolo
Okota
Aguda
Ojuelegba
Costain

You see those areas, they have a high rate of stolen toyota cars. This is because they are close to the market where auto parts are sold. So, it is easy to steal a vehicle and move it into the market to be dismembered and sold for parts.

If you live in those areas, never ever park outside. If you must, use a pedal lock, use your security alarm, activate your car tracker and hope for the best.
You are right.
Even the one you park inside your compound could turn to skeleton before you wakeup in the next day.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Qoko: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
You are bothered cos you don’t have comprehensive insurance, you can contact me in future for anything that has to do with insurance like Motor, Fire, Professional Indemnity, Fidelity Guarantee, Marine, Householders and Houseowner insurance etc.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by FreeIgboho: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Crossroad1:

I pray you find your car

Hiw can I get 50k+ tracker? Someone told me at least 100k

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by therajah: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
och12:
My spare key starts my Honda, so I can't attest to this.

Yes, for Old models. If it's a new model, then it means the spare is also coded. Normally you should have 2 coded keys and a door key.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
They are easily stolen. That's why I love German cars, very difficult to penetrate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by CoolKizzy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
okoroemeka:
some trackers are #25k,even #20k tracker is available especially for Toyota cars ,I have used a 2000 Honda babyboy,2005 Acura RL and a 2007 Honda Accord,what this Hondas have in common is the key security, without the special coded key that syncs with the ECU you can never start the car,you can use the spare key to open doors,boot or even crank the engine but it will not start,if I park my Honda and put the keys in my pocket you can only use towing van to steal the car.

This is true, and also true that a car key can be reprogrammed in 20 seconds and your car is gone.

When I misplaced my key, it didn’t take the guy 2 mins to run the reprogramming and I paid 6k for the chip and the reprogramming

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by zikter(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
mrcoolautofix:

When I speak of adopting my 30k antitheft security system, people who buy car work millions will think they are doing me a favor, bro may God help you else if it enter butcher it's gone forever.
Tracker is good but not in all cases, particularly the butchering you referred to. So how are you going to track a butchered car? I once read here when someone's car was stolen, though he had a tracker on it, the tracker was found in a gutter. If you car is targeted for butchering, you stand no meaningful chance of getting it even with a tracker. Except if the butcher is not swift enough of which they always are

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by jaxxy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
For a car u park outside ur compound and not in a secured estate or street u should have fixed a tracker if not 2. U would know where the car is by now without stress.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by donforeign: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
kingreign:

The Honda and Acura are the most stolen cars in North America.

Is America Nigeria?
Oversabi

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by tellwisdom: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
My brother, dem don toll your vehicle. U put all those barricade and dem still move am??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
sorry for your loss. I pray double for your trouble in Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by DrDax: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:

Details of the car

Glad you have comprehensive insurance.

Hope it includes 'excess buyback' so you can get back the full value.

Please let us know as soon as your claim is paid. This will clear the doubt of some Uncle Thomases here who insist on uselesd 3rd party insurance.

Sorry for your loss. But then, no loss.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Teajayz(m): 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
So sad to see this @myor. Since you have a comprehensive insurance cover on the car. I may be able to help with some guidance on your claim. You may chat me up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Funny Names Nigerians Give To Cars / Innoson Gets New Automated Bus Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.