Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked (47446 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / UNIBEN Student Loses His Parked Benz To A Mysterious Early-Morning Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:
My Toyota Camry 03 (Big daddy) was stolen on 28/29th of August just outside my compound where it was parked overnight at Ibidun street, surulere.

The vehicle was locked properly and even with steering and pedal lock. Gone to make report at the police station, nothing forthcoming yet.

Details of the car
Make : Toyota
Model: Camry
Color : Wine
Year: 03
Plate number: SMK-420-FV
Chassis number: 4T1E32K33U647821
Engine number: 2AZ7322332

Unfortunately, there was no tracker installed but I have comprehensive insurance. Already processing the claim. But still, would appreciate help in finding it.

If u did comprehensive insurance, tracker should be done initially by them.. collect ur bar completely.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by CXLVII: 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Just pray it has not been disassembled at Ladipo. Car could be spare parts now.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by kekakuz(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Crossroad1:
We can't over emphasize the use of tracker..
How can you buy a car worth more than a million and can't install 50k+ tracker, how?

I pray you find your car
Tracker vs insurance
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Okhuadams(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Just get another one
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by EquitynFairness: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Can it stop the car while it's in motion?
My own tracker self na 1500. It will tell you location of your car. WhatsApp me if you need 08039192101. Just drop am for hidden place in ur car shikenah.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Egein(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Your car was towed by thieves. Probably already butchered and its parts sitting pretty in Ndubusi's shop at Ladipo.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Bonjovi13: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:

Thank you, really hoping insurance come through.

I hope you did not reveal that you parked the car outside your compound.
Could give them grounds to refuse or reduce your claim
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by olumzzz(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
descartes400:

A claim he has not received and has no definitive time line.
while this process is on going but due to police effort, his effort and perhaps friend's effort, he gets to find the car.
rational sense dictates that he will inform the insurance company. If this scenario happens, are you suggesting that having found the car, he should forfeit the car to the insurance company since the compensative claim is already in process?

Me thinks all efforts geared towards searching for the car either by him or friends while the process to lay claim is on going etc is a welcome effort so long no intent to commit insurance fraud is involved.[b][/b]
It's a very grey area. However, just as you said, so far there is no intent to commit insurance fraud.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by lkillbrokehoes: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Not putting tracker on your car, you messed up on that. I pray you find your car though, and please if you find it, put a tracker on it.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Hassanmaye(m): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
okoroemeka:
some trackers are #25k,even #20k tracker is available especially for Toyota cars ,I have used a 2000 Honda babyboy,2005 Acura RL and a 2007 Honda Accord,what this Hondas have in common is the key security, without the special coded key that syncs with the ECU you can never start the car,you can use the spare key to open doors,boot or even crank the engine but it will not start,if I park my Honda and put the keys in my pocket you can only use towing van to steal the car.
Hahahhahahaha good
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by BewareOf419: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Go to Benin Republic You'll see it there
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
Have you been to Vio or lastma or any other of this criminals offices, I had an incident where my vehicle got tolled while I was reporting it as stolen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by seyz91(m): 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
You go give am money to buy another one?
kestolove95:
E dey happen...just close eyes buy another

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by just2endowed: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
okoroemeka:
some trackers are #25k,even #20k tracker is available especially for Toyota cars ,I have used a 2000 Honda babyboy,2005 Acura RL and a 2007 Honda Accord,what this Hondas have in common is the key security, without the special coded key that syncs with the ECU you can never start the car,you can use the spare key to open doors,boot or even crank the engine but it will not start,if I park my Honda and put the keys in my pocket you can only use towing van to steal the car.

thats the reason i like Honda. Less attractive to thieves.

Toyota is good but thieves can steal it in seconds and it attract the men of the underworld.

i remeber a particular area in lagos mainland. thieves dress in police black shirt in SUV removes all toyota brainbox and dashboard parked in the long street. all other models were left untouched.

reason is, it takes 4 minutes to naked a toyota camry or corrola than other cars
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by JuanDeDios: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
myorh:
My Toyota Camry 03 (Big daddy) was stolen on 28/29th of August just outside my compound where it was parked overnight at Ibidun street, surulere.

The vehicle was locked properly and even with steering and pedal lock. Gone to make report at the police station, nothing forthcoming yet.

Details of the car
Make : Toyota
Model: Camry
Color : Wine
Year: 03
Plate number: SMK-420-FV
Chassis number: 4T1E32K33U647821
Engine number: 2AZ7322332

Unfortunately, there was no tracker installed but I have comprehensive insurance. Already processing the claim. But still, would appreciate help in finding it.

Wait. You put steering lock and pedal lock and they still stole the car?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by KingAzari: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
Crossroad1:
We can't over emphasize the use of tracker..
How can you buy a car worth more than a million and can't install 50k+ tracker, how?

I pray you find your car

This act was purely perpetrated for insurance claim purposes only. Nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Ikwerelastborn: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
Terrence99:
Surulere.
Yaba
Mushin
Isolo
Okota
Aguda
Ojuelegba
Costain

You see those areas, they have a high rate of stolen toyota cars. This is because they are close to the market where auto parts are sold. So, it is easy to steal a vehicle and move it into the market to be dismembered and sold for parts.

If you live in those areas, never ever park outside. If you must, use a pedal lock, use your security alarm, activate your car tracker and hope for the best.
He used all those u mentioned except car tracker which won't even prevent it from been stolen.just try to park inside
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Ikwerelastborn: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
FutureHNDRxXx:
With steering and pedals locked? Wow which kind masterkey them use? be like say na tow them tow am commot. So sad cry
They used saw most likely
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by mine85(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
olumzzz:

Not a solution.
It can still be vandalized.
Comprehensive insurance with a reliable insurance company is the best

Insurance is how much? For a typical car... tiny light for instance?
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by VEHINTOLAR: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
It still baffles me how some people feel comfortable to park their cars outside overnight ! It is an invitation to a painful loss like this. Some years back,I was transferred to a new location and the apartment I got there did not have a garage for my car. Instead of parking my car on the street,like some people were doing then, I usually left it in my office and took a public bus home. I hope someone will learn from this and save themselves of an avoidable loss.

I pray you find your car man.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sad to hear,this happened to me on Jan 31,2021 where my big daddy was also stolen at the front of my house..till now I have never gotten back to my right sense's.It shall never be well with thieves...
may they never know no peace. Their entire lineage, generation and offsrings shall wipe away painfully before thier eyes. They shall die a very painful and shameless death. Their death shall be used by parents to teach their children why they should not do evil.

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Buy another one... this car is less than 200k nah
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by olumzzz(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
mine85:

Insurance is how much? For a typical car... tiny light for instance?
Use leadway or axa mansard.
It is 3.5% of the value of your car.
For the tiny light, you can decide to value it at 1m or 1.5m
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Nexttpage(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
They are easily stolen. That's why I love German cars, very difficult to penetrate.

Exactly o.
I enjoyed my Volkswagen Passat 2006 so much, the factory fitted key na die in its own grin grin
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by okoroemeka(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Ogbeni, those boys dey disable tracker in 30 mins.
if they have advanced transmitter detector which I doubt this petty crooks will have,it will be difficult finding a tracker size of half a matchbox in a car,the car owner will not even know the tracker is hidden,a tracker is a good insurance policy this days,last month I was at my Friend's joint and policemen tracked a Toyota Highlander from Lagos to anambra and arrested the crooks at the joint,were they are enjoying chilled beers and pepper soup with their babes.imagine if the car has no tracker it can never be seen again.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by nurez305(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
blackmantis:
About 30k kpere!

Get tracker!
get tracker!! No way.

You will only know the usefulness once the car is stolen.
Don't say it can't happen to you.
Be prepared.
maybe I need education on it, if one get a tracker for his car, can't the thieve that open such car with enough lock on the car be wise enough to search for the tracker and disconnected it? Or is it that it can't be removed by any other person?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by mine85(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
olumzzz:

Use leadway or axa mansard.
It is 3.5% of the value of your car.
For the tiny light, you can decide to value it at 1m or 1.5m

If I buy a used car for 750k and insure at 3.5 which is 26,250. .. is it yearly I will be paying 26k or once off. If the car is stolen, will I be given 750 Worth of car or Cash?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by ArcFresky(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kajaard:

That's Nigerians for you. The spirit of criminality just seems to endear itself to the populace.

Dude Wtf.....why are u guys so judgmental

Insurance sef go dey pray make u find car....

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by xtervaganza(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
blackmantis:
About 30k kpere!

Get tracker!
get tracker!! No way.

You will only know the usefulness once the car is stolen.
Don't say it can't happen to you.
Be prepared.
and your dead brain think it is right to rub it on someone who just lost his car? Too many useless people in this country

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by bobbiiee: 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
1) I advise people to get fuel demobilizer, usually called fuel cut, or 5 minutes by most auto-electricians or rewires. It is hidden. It has a small knob, if the knob is not pressed, the car won't start. The installation cost 5k. If the car is opened, and the knob is not pressed again, it will go off after 5 minutes.

2) Some steering wheels are made of steel, while some are not. I believe that will serve as a deterrent during the day. I doubt anyone will be bold enough to saw the steel during the day.

3) I bought Coban 303 G tracker. For me, it's one of the best. The challenge is that most technicians that I met cannot set it up to work online and offline, via text messages. As a result I have not installed it. It has a fob or remote that can be used to shut the car down so that it won't start. It can tracker and demobilize.

4) I do comprehensive insurance. I engaged an insurance broker. Most people that do comprehensive insurance get short-paid because the companies have grey areas that the insured are ignorant of. The broker gets paid a commission out of the money paid for the insurance. You don't pay them directly.

5. I bought a keyless entry device with has both alarm and demobilizer that keeps the car from starting. If you lock the car with fobs, that is remote, and unlock the car with the key instead of the fob or remote. It will trigger the alarm. The car key won't start even with the car key unless you use the fob or remote to unlock it.

6. I pray for God's protection over me and the car. Except the Lord keeps the city, the watchman wakes in vain.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by pezeji(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
This was how my elder brother lost his own Camry pencil light in 2012 too. Came back from a friend's place and parked outside his house about 5am the car was there but before 6am it was gone. And till date, nothing.
I hope you find yours
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by armyofone(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
It is very painful when something is stolen from you.

Dam417:
Sad to hear,this happened to me on Jan 31,2021 where my big daddy was also stolen at the front of my house..till now I have never gotten back to my right sense's.It shall never be well with thieves...
may they never know no peace. Their entire lineage, generation and offsrings shall wipe away painfully before thier eyes. They shall die a very painful and shameless death. Their death shall be used by parents to teach their children why they should not do evil.

May you be able to get over it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Funny Names Nigerians Give To Cars / Innoson Gets New Automated Bus Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.