Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked (47449 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / UNIBEN Student Loses His Parked Benz To A Mysterious Early-Morning Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by drmorphine(m): 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
FutureHNDRxXx:
With steering and pedals locked? Wow which kind masterkey them use? be like say na tow them tow am commot. So sad cry

Those steering and pedal locks are just to delay a petty thief for like 5-7mins. Those things don't prevent theft. There was a time my uncle's car steering & pedal lock for key got worn and he couldn't open the lock, all we did was to get one small hack saw and cut through the main stem of the contraption. In approx 5 mins we were able to drive off the car. A better option is the not fanciful pedal lock only where you use padlocks to secure. A thief getting a way easily with this in particular depends on the quality of padlock you use with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by bobbiiee: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
Who installed your Coban?
What model is it?
When was it installed?
What is the cost of installation?
My Coban's remote looks like benz key?
I want to install mine if the cost is reasonable.

blackmantis:

Coban is what I use. It tells me the location of my vehicle at any time. I can disable the car with an SMS.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by bobbiiee: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
Some trackers don't have demobilizer. It's not enough to buy any tracker. You can shut a tracker that has a demobilizer down online, with sms, and some with remote.

ademi87:
my uncle's car was stolen with the tracker and we were able to track it for a while before the tracker disappeared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by blackmantis: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
bobbiiee:
Who installed your Coban?
What model is it?
When was it installed?
What is the cost of installation?
My Coban's remote looks like benz key?
I want to install mine if the cost is reasonable.

My model is 303f and yours is 303g I bought it in Abuja. Gudu market to be precise. Ask of Biggy. They have good installers.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by okoroemeka(m): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2021
drmorphine:

Those steering and pedal locks are just to delay a petty thief for like 5-7mins. Those things don't prevent theft. There was a time my uncle's car steering & pedal lock for key got worn and he couldn't open the lock, all we did was to get one small hack saw and cut through the main stem of the contraption. In approx 5 mins we were able to drive off the car. A better option is the not fanciful pedal lock only where you use padlocks to secure. A thief getting a way easily with this in particular depends on the quality of padlock you use with it.
a bolt cutter will go through a padlock in seconds,best security is tracker with immobilizer,you can use any phone with SMS to stop the car

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by BeardedMeat(m): 6:29am On Sep 12, 2021
VillageHead:
You will find it
Op your village people have spoken.
You can relax now.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by 9japarts: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Hiw can I get 50k+ tracker? Someone told me at least 100k

https://www.nairaland.com/6674847/get-tracking-devices-vehicles-20k

Total with installation: 30k
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by VillageHead: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Op your village people have spoken.
You can relax now.

This is for you son

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by BeardedMeat(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
VillageHead:

This is for you son
Grand! Gracias!
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kajaard:

That's Nigerians for you. The spirit of criminality just seems to endear itself to the populace.
I know who you are and your old monika
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Transxy(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
myorh:
My Toyota Camry 03 (Big daddy) was stolen on 28/29th of August just outside my compound where it was parked overnight at Ibidun street, surulere.

The vehicle was locked properly and even with steering and pedal lock. Gone to make report at the police station, nothing forthcoming yet.

Details of the car
Make : Toyota
Model: Camry
Color : Wine
Year: 03
Plate number: SMK-420-FV
Chassis number: 4T1E32K33U647821
Engine number: 2AZ7322332

Unfortunately, there was no tracker installed but I have comprehensive insurance. Already processing the claim. But still, would appreciate help in finding it.

Hello pls try contacting the task force office at Elephant house I think... I learnt those people normally come with thow vehicle at night... it actually happened to one of my guy and he nearly died after waking up in the morning to discover his car was gone.. He later went to pay some bills to this Taskforce people before his car was released..

Wishing u good luck
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by kafeii123: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
lonelydora:

Go to motor licensing office and apply for them to flag that Chassis number, then wait for when the papers will expire (in less than a year). Once they come to renew it, they will be caught.

Except they butcher the car and sell it in parts. Goodluck

what if they take it into niger ..chad or benin
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by lonelydora: 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
kafeii123:

what if they take it into niger ..chad or benin

Except the vehicle won't be registered or renewed in Nigeria again, or they butcher the vehicle
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
gmacnoms:
how long does it take to fix?
48hours

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by AlphaCEO: 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
bobbiiee:
1) I advise people to get fuel demobilizer, usually called fuel cut, or 5 minutes by most auto-electricians or rewires. It is hidden. It has a small knob, if the knob is not pressed, the car won't start. The installation cost 5k. If the car is opened, and the knob is not pressed again, it will go off after 5 minutes.

2) Some steering wheels are made of steel, while some are not. I believe that will serve as a deterrent during the day. I doubt anyone will be bold enough to saw the steel during the day.

3) I bought Coban 303 G tracker. For me, it's one of the best. The challenge is that most technicians that I met cannot set it up to work online and offline, via text messages. As a result I have not installed it. It has a fob or remote that can be used to shut the car down so that it won't start. It can tracker and demobilize.

4) I do comprehensive insurance. I engaged an insurance broker. Most people that do comprehensive insurance get short-paid because the companies have grey areas that the insured are ignorant of. The broker gets paid a commission out of the money paid for the insurance. You don't pay them directly.

5. I bought a keyless entry device with has both alarm and demobilizer that keeps the car from starting. If you lock the car with fobs, that is remote, and unlock the car with the key instead of the fob or remote. It will trigger the alarm. The car key won't start even with the car key unless you use the fob or remote to unlock it.

6. I pray for God's protection over me and the car. Except the Lord keeps the city, the watchman wakes in vain.
Well said!
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by AlphaCEO: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
myorh:
My Toyota Camry 03 (Big daddy) was stolen on 28/29th of August just outside my compound where it was parked overnight at Ibidun street, surulere.

The vehicle was locked properly and even with steering and pedal lock. Gone to make report at the police station, nothing forthcoming yet.

Details of the car

Unfortunately, there was no tracker installed but I have comprehensive insurance. Already processing the claim. But still, would appreciate help in finding it.

It's great that you've got comprehensive insurance.

A good car tracker with
geo-fencing/immobilizer
must be used next time.

All the best.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by gmacnoms(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2021
myorh:

Details of the car

op, how did it go with the insurance claim?
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by myorh: 6:09am On Sep 30, 2021
gmacnoms:
op, how did it go with the insurance claim?

There is a waiting period of 60 days to allow the police probably recover the vehicle if they can.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by myorh: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2021
AlphaCEO:

It's great that you've got comprehensive insurance.

A good car tracker with
geo-fencing/immobilizer
must be used next time.

All the best.

Most definitely.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by myorh: 6:14am On Sep 30, 2021
Transxy:

Hello pls try contacting the task force office at Elephant house I think... I learnt those people normally come with thow vehicle at night... it actually happened to one of my guy and he nearly died after waking up in the morning to discover his car was gone.. He later went to pay some bills to this Taskforce people before his car was released..

Wishing u good luck

Thank you,
I have done this.
I actually had doubts going because there were lots of other cars parked there as well.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Didn't you see where he mentioned insurance which is better than tracker any day anytime.

mrksquare:

But na WA for you oh. You get this fine car na only pedal lock you take protect am. Whereas car tracker is even less than 70k.

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2021
There is no justifiable reason to explain that parking the car outside Is the cause of the theft.

If the insurance company plays this card, all he needs is a good lawyer to counter them.

Bonjovi13:

I hope you did not reveal that you parked the car outside your compound.
Could give them grounds to refuse or reduce your claim
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Imagine if the car was taken to Ladipo and dismembered into pieces to be sold as spare parts, then of what use will the tracker be.

Tracker is good but comprehensive insurance is better, or if you can afford it, do both.

okoroemeka:
if they have advanced transmitter detector which I doubt this petty crooks will have,it will be difficult finding a tracker size of half a matchbox in a car,the car owner will not even know the tracker is hidden,a tracker is a good insurance policy this days,last month I was at my Friend's joint and policemen tracked a Toyota Highlander from Lagos to anambra and arrested the crooks at the joint,were they are enjoying chilled beers and pepper soup with their babes.imagine if the car has no tracker it can never be seen again.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 8:52am On Sep 30, 2021
Emotional intelligence should be added to the curriculum in institutions.
Some people here are completely derelict of it.

xtervaganza:
and your dead brain think it is right to rub it on someone who just lost his car? Too many useless people in this country

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2021
bobbiiee:
1) I advise people to get fuel demobilizer, usually called fuel cut, or 5 minutes by most auto-electricians or rewires. It is hidden. It has a small knob, if the knob is not pressed, the car won't start. The installation cost 5k. If the car is opened, and the knob is not pressed again, it will go off after 5 minutes.

Please whats the cost of this knob and can it be gotten from Ladipo?

bobbiiee:
4) I do comprehensive insurance. I engaged an insurance broker. Most people that do comprehensive insurance get short-paid because the companies have grey areas that the insured are ignorant of. The broker gets paid a commission out of the money paid for the insurance. You don't pay them directly.

At the bolded, please can you expatiate on some of these grey areas.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2021
They can't query him for not having a tracker, it's his choice, afterall they are not paying for the tracker.

oyejideogunjumo:

If he gets his car back, he forget about the claim.
Besides claims may take long before it is paid.
Don't you know insurance processes ?
Even if it your personal savings you don't get it like that not to talk of indemnity.
He pays I think 10% of the total cost initially and certain amount again later.
I can't just vividly remember again.
They will query him even for not having tracker can be used against him.
Insurance is easy to enter , to get out is not that easy.
May God let him see the car back
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Coketols: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2021
eagleonearth:
but do you know tracker can be disengaged?

Crossroad1 please we await your response, what can be done to prevent the thieves from disengaging the tracker?
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by alphabbey1(m): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
Coketols:

Crossroad1 please we await your response, what can be done to prevent the thieves from disengaging the tracker?
just get those rechargeable trackers that can be hidden anywhere in the car...
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by bobbiiee: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
1. Is the driver licensed. If he's not, forget your claims.
2. From personal experience, the insurance company doesn't expect you to let the person that hits you car just walk away because you have a cover. You are meant to collect his details. How much of the the bill does the person wants to cover?

3. The insurance usually will cut the cost presented to them in the event the accident is a major one. You on the other hand must engage a good hand to do your repairs, not forgetting that the premium that covers accident, also covers theft. In case of the latter, they will pay more. It makes sense to add a little margin because it may be difficult to say that the mechanic will get every part of the repairs once. You might still need to go back and fix some things.

Coketols:

Coketols:

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by bobbiiee: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
blackmantis:

My model is 303f and yours is 303g I bought it in Abuja. Gudu market to be precise. Ask of Biggy. They have good installers.

Am not in Abuja.
Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by myorh: 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
myorh:

Details of the car

Thanks everyone here for all your comments and concerns. Got my insurance claims paid.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked by Ayoade19(m): 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
myorh:

Details of the car

Good afternoon OP, did you later find your car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Funny Names Nigerians Give To Cars / Innoson Gets New Automated Bus Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.