Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Need Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Advice (1223 Views)

My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice / Please I Need Advice Nairalanders... I Just Discovered I'm Pregnant. / I Need Advice Before Taking The Huge Step Into Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice by Olumighty123(m): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2021
Someone very close to me usually complain of feeling depressed for no good reasons, Note: She has a good job and makes enough, shes not having anything negative happening around her to trigger such feeling, her reason for been depressed is not known to her, could it be that she's mixing anxiety up with depression? and what can the person do to stop feeling that way.. help pls..
Re: Need Advice by thorpido(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
If she feels that way, she should book an appointment with a psychologist or a psychiatrist (doesn't mean she is mad).
She just needs a diagnosis and a therapy.
Re: Need Advice by chatinent: 12:32am On Sep 06, 2021
What's making her depressed? She should take things easy.
Re: Need Advice by Truvelisback(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
Olumighty123:
Someone very close to me usually complain of feeling depressed for no good reasons, Note: She has a good job and makes enough, shes not having anything negative happening around her to trigger such feeling, her reason for been depressed is not known to her, could it be that she's mixing anxiety up with depression? and what can the person do to stop feeling that way.. help pls..
Loneliness or singleness could be the reason.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Sep 17, 2021
Olumighty123:
Anxiety is not the same as depression, and depression is not simply caused by events in one's life. There are several other causes of depression. undecided

If you have been experiencing some of the following signs and symptoms most of the day, nearly every day, for at least two weeks, you may be suffering from depression:

■Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
■Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
■Irritability
■Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
■Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
■Decreased energy or fatigue
■Moving or talking more slowly
■Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
■Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
■Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
■Appetite and/or weight changes
■Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
■Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment

Not everyone who is depressed experiences every symptom. Some people experience only a few symptoms while others may experience many. Several persistent symptoms in addition to low mood are required for a diagnosis of major depression, but people with only a few – but distressing – symptoms may benefit from treatment of their “subsyndromal” depression. The severity and frequency of symptoms and how long they last will vary depending on the individual and his or her particular illness. Symptoms may also vary depending on the stage of the illness.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression

Please have your friend go see a psychiatrist soonest. undecided
Re: Need Advice by Olumighty123(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Anxiety is not the same as depression, and depression is not simply caused by events in one's life. There are several other causes of depression. undecided

If you have been experiencing some of the following signs and symptoms most of the day, nearly every day, for at least two weeks, you may be suffering from depression:

■Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
■Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
■Irritability
■Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
■Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
■Decreased energy or fatigue
■Moving or talking more slowly
■Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
■Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
■Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
■Appetite and/or weight changes
■Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
■Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment

Not everyone who is depressed experiences every symptom. Some people experience only a few symptoms while others may experience many. Several persistent symptoms in addition to low mood are required for a diagnosis of major depression, but people with only a few – but distressing – symptoms may benefit from treatment of their “subsyndromal” depression. The severity and frequency of symptoms and how long they last will vary depending on the individual and his or her particular illness. Symptoms may also vary depending on the stage of the illness.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression

Please have your friend go see a psychiatrist soonest. undecided

Thank you for this
Re: Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Sep 21, 2021
Olumighty123:

Thank you for this
yw
Re: Need Advice by frozen70(f): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Olumighty123:

If she has a good job and she is making it, find out if she has a boy friend and if she does, find out if she is happy in the relationship

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

She Might Be Loosing Her Home By The End Of The Year, Help / Does Divorce Harm Children ? / Three Words That Can Make A Marrige Last Forever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.