Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy (67760 Views)

Please, What Can I Apply To This Wound On My Scalp / Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy / Help My Scalp Was Burnt By Relaxer And Is Discharging Fluid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by xelly: 4:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Nigerian forum/SM is so Unfortunate as everyone will make comment on every topic. Comments that will make the readers and Op dumber.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by dynigoche: 4:54am On Sep 07, 2021
Rare disease leaves people with brain like ridges on their scalp
[[color=#990000][/color]
For one out of 100,000 men in the general population, or 0.026 in 100,000 women, they are more than just bumps on the head. The folds and ridges, that give the appearance of a brain on top of the head, is an indication of an underlying disease: cutis verticis gyrata (CVG).

The rare disease causes a thickening of the skin on the top of the head which leads to the curves and folds of the scalp.

“There are two forms of it (CVG). There is the primary form where people are born with the condition, and the secondary where it is acquired through other things,” said Dr. Amy Norton, a dermatologist at Mountain State Dermatology, citing a pituitary condition or an inflammatory condition like psoriasis and impetigo as possible precursors to CVG.

According to The Dermatologist website, those with primary CVG have a higher risk of other conditions rising from CVG including neurologic abnormalities such as seizures and eye conditions like cataracts.

While the secondary condition is asymptomatic, there is still a cause for concern over the care of the scalp.

“It (CVG) is mostly cosmetic for people,” said Norton. “Sometimes they have moles that occur in these areas that can be a problem with melanoma developing.”

There are currently no treatments to help those diagnosed with CVG, but there are various steps a person can take in order to prevent further problems from developing.

“What they talk about mainly is good scalp hygiene. You want to keep it clean so there is no infection happening,” said Norton. “There have been some people who have had surgery to correct this recently. It is just cosmetic, taking care of some of that redundant skin on the scalp.”

One of the most recent surgeries to correct the cosmetic appearance of CVG occurred earlier this year when a New York City plastic Surgeon, Dr. Ramtin Kassir, performed two surgeries on a man to smooth out the bumps caused by CVG and to reduce the tension that was caused by his scalp being four times thicker than usual.

While these surgeries can be successful, the relief is not always permanent.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Innovia: 4:57am On Sep 07, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Brain scan bawo. No put unnecessary fear for op mind.

What you have is known as primary Curtis verticis gyrata and is non-life threatening but will surely give you unwarranted looks. It can be corrected by surgery though.

Who would perform the survey? A doctor or not?

Can such surgery be performed without a brain scan first to ascertain the current structure of the head and know the best way to carry out the surgical procedure?

Man, think !
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by deltateam: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

The fold themselves if left alone do not affect you in anyway save for unwarranted looks
But if you choose to flatten the folds you can do it through surgery.

You are the second person quoting me on this issue of surgery. Do you people understand surgery as death sentence or what?
If so, that's high level ignorance on your part

deltateam

In Nigeria, surgery is 50% death, even something as minor as intravenous injection can cause death in our health system unless you chose to be ignorant about it.
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by ceasare: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2021
Omololupromise:
Do you hawk bounce before

u be confirm werey cheesy
na those wey dey hawk burns or broom dey folded scalp like that due to heavy load them.dey carry eveeyday grin
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Trustedpronet: 7:26am On Sep 07, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

The fold themselves if left alone do not affect you in anyway save for unwarranted looks
But if you choose to flatten the folds you can do it through surgery.

You are the second person quoting me on this issue of surgery. Do you people understand surgery as death sentence or what?
If so, that's high level ignorance on your part

deltateam

Guy I no pray for surgery of any sort. I'm fully aware is not all surgery that are life threatening. You also remember this is Nigeria where professionals low their standards out of carelessness. It's possible after the operation he might begin to suffer mental problem(God Forbid). Remember the op said em head heavy like he is carrying a 50kg bag of cement. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2021
Innovia:

Who would perform the survey? A doctor or not?

Can such surgery be performed without a brain scan first to ascertain the current structure of the head and know the best way to carry out the surgical procedure?

Man, think !
Na you dey think. We don explain do stuff to you. It has nothing to do with brain and you're still incessant about a brain scan. Shey your brain dey touch ni?
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Kfed4ril(m): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2021
tayour917i:
no vex bro... this is a bit funny..... i think its normal with my brothers from the east

How many people from the east have you seen with this hair.
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Innovia: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Na you dey think. We don explain do stuff to you. It has nothing to do with brain and you're still incessant about a brain scan. Shey your brain dey touch ni?

You are stupid. Always seeking to prove correctness but at the end sound foolish. You retard, never mention me for the rest of your miserable life
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Innovia:

You are stupid. Always seeking to prove correctness but at the end sound foolish. You retard, never mention me for the rest of your miserable life
grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
No kill yourself o
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by Deiks: 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Brain scan bawo. No put unnecessary fear for op mind.

What you have is known as primary Curtis verticis gyrata and is non-life threatening but will surely give you unwarranted looks. It can be corrected by surgery though.
Before I always think that is only rich people that has this kind of head ....but now I also realized that SAPA can contribute to it
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by VickyRotex(f): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
enemyofprogress:
vickyrotex when did you change your moniker and sex

Ofe je igbaju abi angry angry angry
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by enemyofprogress: 12:03am On Sep 14, 2021
VickyRotex:

Ofe je igbaju abi angry angry angry
person no fit ask you a simple question again? Abeg no vex o tongue tongue tongue
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by VickyRotex(f): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2021
enemyofprogress:
person no fit ask you a simple question again? Abeg no vex o tongue tongue tongue

Shiooooooooo angry angry
Re: Help!! My Scalp Is Folding And Getting Heavy by enemyofprogress: 9:17am On Sep 15, 2021
VickyRotex:

Shiooooooooo angry angry
I shior you too tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / What Could Be The Cause Of This On My Chest / 195 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths, & 53 Discharged On May 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.