Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,006 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) (45998 Views)

Gbajabiamila Visits Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (Photos) / Fayemi Bows Out Of Buhari's Cabinet / Kayode Fayemi Bows To Greet Tinubu In Aso Rock (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by molas02: 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
Cromagnon:
Iranu that is worth trillions
The only bow down that worth that price is that of Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo.... Any other one Na wash
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
Cromagnon:
more like bowing to oil
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by chemgee: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
id4sho:

Shey u know say British don depose oba of Benin before.

So tell us, who did they replace the Oba with? Or you don't know the meaning of deposing a traditional ruler of his throne?

Go and read more my friend
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Bigchristo: 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see see fayemi bowing down to more dignitaries, I see him bowing down to pastors, imams, traditional rulers, buhari, obsanjo...etc, I see him complaining of a terrible head problem, I see him flying abroad with Ekiti state funds, I see doctors advising him to stop bowing down, I see him addressing the media with his head facing upwards.

This I have seen.
Abeg let us hear word jare you nor see anything, a lots of us don’t understand the power of royalty, even if it happens to be a 2yrs old child that is sitting on the throne everyone will still bow for him.
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by odigbosky(m): 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
chemgee:

So tell us, who did they replace the Oba with? Or you don't know the meaning of depose?

Go and read more my friend

No mind am
Even if you come on air to depose the Oba publicly on TV which will cost you your political death. You cannot go and remove him from the Palace. He will be there well, sleeping well. You can only stop whatever comes to him from the government. That's all. Nobody can replace him.

Be like you people don't know that the average benin man mind is after God is Oba and then Governor. Be there

Benin man when come ignorant is the worst. He fit even kill u troway because of Oba matter.
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by bjdon: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:

I understand what you are saying. i am telling you the law. Debating a hypothetical is pointless until the scenario presents itself...all i can tell you is the law. The same people who are saying it cant happen were saying same about Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of kano. because it happened now you will rubbish Northern kingdoms But when I was growing up and learning about nigerian kings, these were the 1st class Kings of Nigeria. The Oba of benin is no bigger than the Sultan of Sokoto, it was almost impossible to envisage the Sultan being removed or the Emir of Kano being banished. What we pray is that Obas do not overstep so we dont find out that the King has no clothes!!!

My guy, the Emirs and even the Sultan in the North are simply not comparable with the first rate southern monarchs like the Oba of Benin, Oni of Ife.... With the exception of the Sheau of Borno, most of the current northern stools are products of Dan Fodio's Jihad, barley 200 years old. The first rate southern stools like the Benin monarch is is over 700 years old, deeply intertwined with the culture of the people. They never born the governor that will try and mess with these institutions. When Lucky Igbinedion was Edo governor did fear let him chance the Oba, even though his father and the Oba were at loggerheads. He knew his limits.
When the current Oba spoke on the issue of Benin Bronze's did Obaseki not back down. Please listen to Edo people when we tell you the Oba is SUPREME in Edo land, regardless of what the laws of Nigeria might say.
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Tareq1105: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
Rugaria:
This one Yoruba leaders are flooding warri to bow down to anybody in traditional regalia, are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?

Sophisticated treachery again!?

First Obasanjo, then Sanwo Olu now this one! Show me you are a land grabber without telling me you are a land grabber?

Warri has relationship with Yoruba nation. Just watch the tradition, name, and the language. Don't forget also that Warri was part of the old Western Region governed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo. In fact, Awolowo gave staff of office to Olu of Warri in the 50s. Also, Awolowo held the highest title in Itshekiri land before his demise in 1987.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Thunderfayayou: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
Arnold1:

No; that's not why. Governors and Ex-President Obasanjo bowed
to the Ooni of Ife as well. There is no oil in Ile-ife.

They are just respecting tradition.

But when they come to south east they wait for the Eze's to greet them with two hands abi??

Respecting Tradition indeed grin grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
bjdon:

All those are story story. If you REALLY think a local government chairman can stop the Oba of Benin, Oni of Ife, Olu of Warri, Alafin of Oyo, Obi of Onitsha from travelling, then I really want some of what you are smoking grin

I am telling you what the law is. We know they dont follow it in real life the point is to tell you that by law all these traditional rulers are symbolic and have no legal power. As with most things Nigeria, we go about our daily lives ignoring the law and the law turns a blind eye until the day you fall foul of the authorities and the authorities decide to enforce the law. Go and ask Former Emir Sanusi. none of them is bigger than Emir of kano!!!!
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by MENELIIK: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
geemd434:

Which Yoruba king?? Na Yoruba establish the kingship abi na Benin. Stop spreading false message

Both Oba and Olu are Yoruba titles, sorry if you are not comfortable with that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
bjdon:

My guy, the Emirs and even the Sultan in the North are simply not comparable with the first rate southern monarchs like the Oba of Benin, Oni of Ife.... With the exception of the Sheau of Borno, most of the current northern stools are products of Dan Fodio's Jihad, barley 200 years old. The first rate southern stools like the Benin monarch is is over 700 years old, deeply intertwined with the culture of the people. They never born the governor that will try and mess with these institutions. When Lucky Igbinedion was Edo governor did fear let him chance the Oba, even though his father and the Oba were at loggerheads. He knew his limits.
When the current Oba spoke on the issue of Benin Bronze's did Obaseki not back down. Please listen to Edo people when we tell you the Oba is SUPREME in Edo land, regardless of what the laws of Nigeria might say.

Please dont start that!! Please dont start this one king is superior to another stuff, I;m not going there. We know the 1st class kings and they are equally revered, that some holders of the title have sullied the office does not detract that their status. and Please dont even mention ooni of ife, because as a yoruba i dont want to make certain comments.
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Tareq1105: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

But when they come to south east they wait for the Eze's to greet them with two hands abi??

Bcoz it's the culture there.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by chemgee: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
odigbosky:

No mind am
Even if you come on air to depose the Oba publicly on TV which will cost you your political death. You cannot go and remove him from the Palace. He will be there well, sleeping well. You can only stop whatever comes to him from the government. That's all. Nobody can replace him.

Be like you people don't know that the average benin man mind is after God is Oba and then Governor. Be there

Benin man when come ignorant is the worst. He fit even kill u troway because of Oba matter.

Let's even say it's possible (removing the Oba)... That's not even the bone of contention, coz the Governor has the legal power to do it, but the wahala is the repercussion. Unlike what Ganduje did in Kano: removed the Emir, and even split the kingdoms/throne into 5 sad... All at the same time.

Trying such in Benin is just... smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Felimax(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
The Itsekiri's where Nigeria before Nigeria was born! All of you lamenting because of the respect the king is having are just been ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Thunderfayayou: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Tareq1105:

Bcoz it's the culture there.

It's not the culture. Now I see you don't know what you're saying. When you visit a crowned Eze in the south east...youre supposed to bow and let him bless you with horns or his coronation locally made leather hand fan
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by MENELIIK: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
Firstcitizen:

Empires fight, empires fall. The victor deposes the vanquished. Benin was an empire ,Britian was too.

Shebi governor with ordinary pen na empire abi

Nope, Kingdom
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by wink2015(m): 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
Create jobs in the Niger delta region or South South.

BRING INDUSTRIES AND JOBS FOR THE YOUTH IN DELTA STATE.

THERE ARE NO JOBS IN WARRI AND ENVIRON?

We do not need all this SHENANIGANS?
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Youngjohnosas: 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:

I understand what you are saying. i am telling you the law. Debating a hypothetical is pointless until the scenario presents itself...all i can tell you is the law. The same people who are saying it cant happen were saying same about Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of kano. because it happened now you will rubbish Northern kingdoms But when I was growing up and learning about nigerian kings, these were the 1st class Kings of Nigeria. The Oba of benin is no bigger than the Sultan of Sokoto, it was almost impossible to envisage the Sultan being removed or the Emir of Kano being banished. What we pray is that Obas do not overstep so we dont find out that the King has no clothes!!!
I am not contesting facts with u,for me this has gotten nothing to do with being a first class monarch or north.
The whites might have promoted the sultan because they were loyal but the Benin people see the Oba as the man directly sent by God to oversee our affairs.the age long tradition must not be broken.

It has got nothing to do with the political position of the Oba.I don’t think the Northerners rever their Emir and sultan half the way the benin people do to the Oba.its an obligation to the average Benin man. The palace is our custom .we don’t play politics with it.

Even while the Oba was deposed to calabar the loyalty and reverence the people had for him didn’t go down a bit.its on record how thousands were ready to die just for the Oba.we don’t miss politics with the palace bro.
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by cjoe3910: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
inoki247:
I don't even understand Nigeria again sef someone Local Govt chairman big pass...

in reality sef wetin b the role of al diz king pass people going to dere palace to goan bow for them...
Because you lack sense of good reasoning and very low self esteem that’s is why you do not understand the role of traditional system in galvanizing a just and an egalitarian society. Read about Warri kingdom bereft the Gods strike you dead . Ewu
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Youngjohnosas: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:

perambulator:

I am not contesting facts with u,for me this has gotten nothing to do with being a first class monarch or north.
The whites might have promoted the sultan because they were loyal but the Benin people see the Oba as the man directly sent by God to oversee our affairs.the age long tradition must not be broken.

It has got nothing to do with the political position of the Oba.I don’t think the Northerners rever their Emir and sultan half the way the benin people do to the Oba.its an obligation to the average Benin man. The palace is our custom .we don’t play politics with it.

Even while the Oba was deposed to calabar the loyalty and reverence the people had for him didn’t go down a bit.its on record how thousands were ready to die just for the Oba.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by emmadothings(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:

What kind of King has to get permission from a governor before he becomes King, is not in control of his Kingdom and even by law needs permission before travelling outside his kingdom? in some states these Kings report to the commisioner for local and chieftancy affairs.

What kind of King is that? What Kind of Kings go about he whole place visiting people in their houses/offices collecting brown envelopes?

you talk of traditions? ............traditionally Kings dont leave their Kingdom!!! Thats why under the law they are ALL required to get permission from the local govt chairman before they travel outside their Kingdom.

U clearly don't know the structure of a first class King...no governor or president give them staff of office ..they are in their own class that's why whenever you ear of a first class King that is dethroned it is never the government but the people been played by the government in power to use the people to install another that will be under their control

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Arnold1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

The Yoruba and Itsekiri have a shared history.

Please see Wiki link below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_people
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Firstcitizen: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
MENELIIK:

Nope, Kingdom

Britain was a kingdom that was an empire. Benin was a kingdom that was also an empire spanning as far Lagos.
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
emmadothings:

U clearly don't know the structure of a first class King...no governor or president give them staff of office ..they are in their own class that's why whenever you ear of a first class King that is dethroned it is never the government but the people been played by the government in power to use the people to install another that will be under their control

you dont seem to understand that akll these Kings whether 1st class or no class all lost their Kingdoms to the British. the british retained them and paid them salaries to help them administer the locals. If the british did not need them to help administer the locals they would all have been banished or killed. That is the origin of the statusand role they find themselves in today. THEY ARE ALL CONQUERED KINGDOMS!!! When the British left, they Handed over the system of administration to the new government and that has continued.

Talking about 1st class kings as if they still have Kingdoms except symbolically and as a reminder of our histories. They are all figure heads and powerless!

Again i say you people seem to forget that all these kings were CONQUERED by the British!! Where does a King get conquered and still parade himself like nothing happened, except you are being propped up by the real power....i.e the power than conquered you. The Nigerian Government today is the descendant of the power (British) that Conquered Nigerian Kings. Nigerian Kings serve today, just like they did under the British at the pleasure of the Government. Under the constitution that government is the state govt and power is vested in the Governor.

The Emir of Kanio, the Sultan of Sokoto are all "1st class King"s, they all forgot their Kingdoms were conquered over 1 hundred years ago and were behaving like they still had a Kingdom, getting involved in politics, commenting anyhow on government matters...they promptly learned that their forefathers and their Kingdoms had been conquered ages ago and they only exist by the grace of the government and are there to do the bidding of the govt. It is the same with all Kings in the south 1st class or not. Whether you had a big empire before or not. Alaafin of oyo is traditionally the most powerful Oba in yoruba land. It was when he decided to side with Akintola that Awo showed him where real power lies and demoted him and made the Ooni enjoy the power he enjoys today. And that is the origin of who is more superior that engulfs obas in SW, nobody cares about your history, these Kingdoms are gone, it is about are you doing the bidding of the govt....or at least staying away from politics.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by zolajpower: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
Surebaba01:

He is not bowing to the king .. but ratter he’s bowing to the throne
He's not bowing to the throne rather he's bowing to the oil well AKA oil block grin
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Agromuda(m): 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Na wa oo! Me wey be say I dey avoid my village king palace, so that I no go prostrate. For road, na King me sef be. Ordinary waving, I fit no do. �
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by izubext007: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
Serious?
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by tolaswim: 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
He should stand or what pls.....In Yoruba when greeting king you now down... it's what it's.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by 11doubledee: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
MAURI:

Thank you for this. They are fooling Africans with their show of shame. Since they know Africans are suckers for emotional institutions. This young man who has lil or no constitutional power. Same goes for religious leaders. Educated people who you would expect to be very sensible and have simple sense, immediately it comes to emotional institutions like Obas or religious leaders, their brain stops functioning. And the small elite group oppressing the rest know this. That is the reason they all are exhibit this show of shame without any iota of shame. Same Oba they are all going to bow to, whenever he says anything in support of his people or against the suffering being meted out to his people by these politicians, they ignore him. So what is the essence of all this? Additionally, they will compromise the so call Oba too and he will join as additional tool of oppression on his people. Their bait na a few Roll-Royces and some contracts. And the status quo continues. Yeye dey smell.
Instead of people to educate themselves a little with this piece, they prefer to argue.
The constitution is more powerful than any form of tradition and culture.
Just look at sanusi for example.
Now back to these so called "kings", of what important or relevance are they to our lives today if they can't speak the truth on our behalf or fight for their people.
Nigeria has serious fundamental issues,we just choose to pretend and it will always wait for the upcoming generation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Arnold1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
Tareq1105:

Warri has relationship with Yoruba nation. Just watch the tradition, name, and the language. Don't forget also that Warri was part of the old Western Region governed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo. In fact, Awolowo gave staff of office to Olu of Warri in the 50s. Also, Awolowo held the highest title in Itshekiri land before his demise in 1987.

Yes!

I just sent a wiki link to someone so they can see for themselves. Some people are thinking this is all
political, but it's not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_people
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Carlyscales: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
AntiBMC:
Why exactly are different politicians visiting the Olu? All ds selfish politicians can't be trusted.

HIS domain controls like 26% of all Nigerian oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Widow Of Deceased NSCDC Cg’s First Outrider Gets Automatic Job (pic) / Bola Tinubu In An Elated Mood With A Female Fan...photo / Check Out This Campaign Monster Truck Of The PDP [Pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.