Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) (46006 Views)

Gbajabiamila Visits Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (Photos) / Fayemi Bows Out Of Buhari's Cabinet / Kayode Fayemi Bows To Greet Tinubu In Aso Rock (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
Arnold1:

You don't have a good grasp on culture & tradition. Some chose to respect it, while others don't.

These same governors and even Obasanjo (former president) bowed before the current Ooni of ife.

You domnt seem to have a grasp on intelligence otherwise you would understand what I am saying and would not infer from what I wrote that that i have no grasp of culture or tradition.

Let me spell it out to you. Our current laws have made a mockery of our institutions. You clearly do not understand the laws of Nigeria and the staus of Kings in Nigeria UNDER the LAW. neither do you seem to understand why it became that way.

This is one of Awolowo's dark legacies and it was all about winning elctions in the Western region...thats how it started. The authoriy and powers of traditional rulers was curtailed so that they have beeen turned into defacto beggars and tools for winning elections....and that is their modern day effective purpose and if you dont fall in you get removed. Only a few Kings are brave enough to be independent in their thinking. Even the Emir of kano was deposed and banished from his Kingdom by a governor. What we have as Kings these days are shells.

I have not said it is wrong to prostrate. We have humiliated our traditional institutions and turned our kings into beggars and then we go and prostrate before them...who is fooling who? BTW dont let me start on the current Ooni.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Johnglory6677(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
lalasticlala:
Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi who paid a visit to the new Olu of Warri, Tsola Emiko was pictured bowing down for the monarch.

Why are many top politicians visiting this man? Could it be because of 2023? Is he that powerful?
This the same question I was about to ask

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
Terrence99:

Obasanjo that came to prostrate, is he also an Apc member?

Obasanjo is not in active politics anymore
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Rugaria: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
cocolacec:

Olu of warri is a Yoruba king.
"Attache by Force"!?

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by techWriter1: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:

You domnt seem to have a grasp on intelligence otherwise you would understand what I am saying and would not infer from what I wrote that that i have no grasp of culture or tradition.

Let me spell it out to you. Our current laws have made a mockery of our institutions. You clearly do not understand the laws of Nigeria and the staus of Kings in Nigeria UNDER the LAW. neither do you seem to understand why it became that way.

This is one of Awolowo's dark legacies and it was all about winning elctions in the Western region...thats how it started.

I have not said it is wrong to prostrate. We have humiliated our traditional institutions and turned our kings into beggars and then we go and prostrate before them...who is fooling who? BTW dont let me start on the current Ooni.

Most of them here are children, ignorant adults or APC servitors. They have no inkling of what you have written.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by salem1996: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:
Nigeria is a funny country. Behind the king is a picture of the current governor (by law his boss). By law every King needs permission of the local govt chairman before he can leave his Kingdom. A local govt chairman is a boy to a governor, A governor can dethrone a King and here is a Governor (of another state) bowing down before a King under the guise of tradition.

who are we fooling? We really have messed ourselves up.

Well, the difference is, a king's reign is not limited to four years while the politicians have limited time. If the politicians behave anyhow, after four years it's gonna be another thing so their office is not so reliable in term of power but for the monarch, it is almost a lifetime something. Governors are under the kings in most cases except in Nigeria where almost every strata is a corrupt one. I think this and some reasons are part of the bowing down.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by tolexy123: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Its all about the oil money
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by salem1996: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
Johnglory6677:

This the same question I was about to ask

His influence to his subjects will go a long way I guess
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Badooguy: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
This just made my day
Dwayne22:
Let satan just enter that man holding sword behind him grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by jaxxy(m): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Mikecold:
After oba of Benin it's like olu is the next in south south

Waiting for the tribe where their Kings get disposed on exile like shit by governor to speak

Those ones are yahoo kings and emirs. Lol
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
salem1996:

Well, the difference is, a king's reign is not limited to four years while the politicians have limited time. If the politicians behave anyhow, after four years it's gonna be another thing so their office is not so reliable in term of power but for the monarch, it is almost a lifetime something. Governors are under the kings in most cases except in Nigeria where almost every strata is a corrupt one. I think this and some reasons are part of the bowing down.

except a governor can remove a King while in office....see the case of Sanusi in Kano, Awo effectively demoted the Alaafin and made Ooni the superior King in yoruba land for politics, Abacha remove the Sultan of Sokoto. there is no governor under any King. You have not read the constituion. You dont know the law of your own country.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Etizz: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
inoki247:
I don't even understand Nigeria again sef someone Local Govt chairman big pass...

in reality sef wetin b the role of al diz king pass people going to dere palace to goan bow for them...

God bless u bro....naija is deviating .....

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Adimx567(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
[color=#990000][/color] grin
Dwayne22:

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Arnold1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
Yes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by hotseat: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bowing before the Olu of Warri is now the vogue!

Politricians at their best!

What is a normal traditional norm is now wearing the toga of politics.

These Machiavellians are making it look like they are doing the monarch a favour by genuflecting or bowing before him.

It is the traditional stool and not the individual who is occupying it that is being honoured by such gestures.

It is as if they had a choice.

Should he have stood hands akimbo and standing like Goliath before a Lilliputian?

If this same personality pays a courtesy visit on the Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, Sultan of Sokoto, Obi of Onitsha, etc he would perform the same ritual.

What do I know sef?

After all 2023 is around the corner.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
inoki247:
I don't even understand Nigeria again sef someone Local Govt chairman big pass...

in reality sef wetin b the role of al diz king pass people going to dere palace to goan bow for them...
Very stupid governor s in their madness he will help them to win elections

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by cocolacec(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Rugaria:

"Attache by Force"!?

We are not igbos who do attachee by force.Itshekiris have Yoruba ancestry.

8 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by salem1996: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
MAURI:

Thank you for this. They are fooling Africans with their show of shame. Since they know Africans are suckers for emotional institutions. This young man who has lil or no constitutional power. Same goes for religious leaders. Educated people who you would expect to be very sensible and have simple sense, immediately it comes to emotional institutions like Obas or religious leaders, their brain stops functioning. And the small elite group oppressing the rest know this. That is the reason they all are exhibit this show of shame without any iota of shame. Same Oba they are all going to bow to, whenever he says anything in support of his people or against the suffering being meted out to his people by these politicians, they ignore him. So what is the essence of all this? Additionally, they will compromise the so call Oba too and he will join as additional tool of oppression on his people. Their bait na a few Roll-Royces and some contracts. And the status quo continues. Yeye dey smell.

Sadly speaking for you, not everyone think education is so valuable to eradicate certain practices. If education is to be respected above all, even the whites will not have those they have as presidents. Professors in the white man lands still respect certain people

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Rugaria: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
cocolacec:
. W

We are not igbos who do attachee by force.Itshekiris have Yoruba ancestry.
And Ikwerre has Hutu ancestry, abi?
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Traplord09: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
lalasticlala:
Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi who paid a visit to the new Olu of Warri, Tsola Emiko was pictured bowing down for the monarch.

Why are many top politicians visiting this man? Could it be because of 2023? Is he that powerful?

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Arnold1:

Thank you!

I will be be sure not to chat with you in the future on this forum, since you cannot have a discussion
without throwing insults. I chat with decent civilized people.

And by the way, it is spelt don't, not "domnt"

Before throwing insults, always check your grammar and sentence mechanics.

Have a good life!

if you cannot take, dont give. I respond to people the way they approach me. I didnt quote you, you quoted me and your opening salvo, your opening statement was to insult me by saying I have no grasp on tradition. who the Bleep do you think you are ? if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Kajaard: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
Dwayne22:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by wetmenow: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
From my side they cannot remove oba.

inoki247:

But at the same time kings can b removed e.g Deji of Akure, Sanusi Lamido....
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Arnold1(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
Arnold1:

Stop quoting me please. Move on and be happy.

I am a high caliber person; I am not a street tout.

You can tell one by how they conduct themselves.

Have a great life!

only High calibre? this is the internet, you can be anythng you want, why settle for just high calibre? you can be supreme leader, special one anything you want.. I thought you said you werent responding? Idiot!!!!
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
Rugaria:
This one Yoruba leaders are flooding warri to bow down to anybody in traditional regalia, are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?

Sophisticated treachery again!?

First Obasanjo, then Sanwo Olu now this one! Show me you are a land grabber without telling me you are a land grabber?

Lol.

Some people are angry because they don't have kings worth the name and their ancestors never had the presence of mind to build kingdoms, just tiny tiny hamlets all over the place.

cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by maak400: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
Dwayne22:
Lol grin, I don laff tire grin
Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Chioma99(f): 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
please my fellow nairalanders i just want to ask a question......

how profitable is chilli pepper farming?

is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.

am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming

i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.

although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper

please how profitable is it here in Lagos?

thanks....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Anazp: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
And so?? This is the Theresa May former Prime Minister kneeling

Re: Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) by Arnold1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
Right!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Am Ready Group" Unveils The Longest Banner For Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) / Again, Shiites Hold Massive Protest In Abuja demanding release of Elzak-zaky [Ph / Check Out This Campaign Monster Truck Of The PDP [Pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.