Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas (7220 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 7:20am On Sep 07, 2021
yomexp:
just to chip in a point: itsekiri is mostly related to ijebu. I being an ijebu man could understand mostly what they were saying during the coronation of the current olu of Warri. Even reno alluded to that. But i wouldn't doubt if it's also related to ilaje
There are also people who thinks ijebu migrated there. But I am yet to see any historical evidence to back it up. If you have any, you can share with me. Thanks.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Commentor: 7:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Awon land grabbers grin

Apart from Dahomey, there's no other place related to yoruba. What about our people fulani that are indegenous to the south west, please add them to the list.

Displaying stupidity everyday could be a burden to one.

Please change your ways.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Alusiizizi(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2021
kmcutez:

Igbo is 89.3%. The easiest link I could find.

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_Sub-Saharan_Africa

That 89.3 is for E1b1a and not the E2. From what I'm reading here, the argument seems to be about % of E2 among Igbo

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2021
Alusiizizi:

That 89.3 is for E1b1a and not the E2. From what I'm reading here, the argument seems to be about % of E2 among Igbo

What is E-M2? Break it down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by yomexp(m): 9:32am On Sep 07, 2021
yomexp:
just to chip in a point: itsekiri is mostly related to ijebu. I being an ijebu man could understand mostly what they were saying during the coronation of the current olu of Warri. Even reno alluded to that. But i wouldn't doubt if it's also related to ilaje
anyways we all migrated from somewhere, but the point i am trying to make is that the itsekriri language is mostly related to the ijebu language. Any ijebu person can easily pick what an itsekriri man is saying. I watched the coronation of the olu live on tv and to my surprise i Could understand almost everything they were saying. Even though i have never been to delta state in my life let alone warri.
So yes, we can infer that ijebus migrated there or that itsekiris are cousins or related to the ijebus. By the way ijebus are yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Ahmeduana(m): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Awon land grabbers grin

Apart from Dahomey, there's no other place related to yoruba. What about our people fulani that are indegenous to the south west, please add them to the list.
Hey! MR ATOHUN RINWA did you understand the meaning of the word GENETIC?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2021
HornyTave:

Ogiamen means lord of water.
Sure, the Bini and Ife romance cant be written off. it will be against history to write it off. same way you cant write off the relationship of the Esan and Bini ( though both they fight for who stubborn pass - Lol )
This thing is very simple, Oranmiyan started the Oba dynasty, when he came from Ife, he met a well structured. state with chiefs, nobles and Kings. also He's the first Oba and 37th Ogiso. in Edo culture, kings are not made, they are born. if he like, make he London, the son of his sons will one day come back and be come king.

1.Oranmiyan didn't met savages in Igodomigodo, how did he become king without a fight?
2. Oranmiyan renamed Bini to Ile'Ibinu, what's the meaning of this word in Yoruba?
3. You don't know the history of a place than the king and indigene ( Oba affirmed the Oranmiyan Obaship Dynasty )
4. When you decide to enjoy history, you'll understand Africans weren't savages before the white men came
exactly bro
check out link in my signature for correct African history by a black American

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by TheWolfen(m): 10:08am On Sep 07, 2021
Lol

BSsniffer:
Wow never knew this. This would be a great conversation starter in a bar grin
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

DOLT.

You are the DOLT. Why don’t you go research the history and migration pattern of the Niger Congo and Bantu people. Even if the Homo Naledi was there in Africa, which I 100% doubt, we could not have encountered it. Maybe tell your fake scientists to do some more research before trolling us.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
kmcutez:

You are the DOLT. Why don’t you go research the history and migration pattern of the Niger Congo and Bantu people. Even if the Homo Naledi was there in Africa, which I 100% doubt, we could not have encountered it. Maybe tell your fake scientists to do some research before trolling us.

You 100% doubt despite the facts? Lol keep your head in the sand.

There's no such thing as a 100% pure human. Ignoramus.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

exactly bro
check out link in my signature for correct African history by a black American

How is an African American going to tell Africans about their own history, when they still think Africa is a country? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
who should we believe?
scientist and researchers or racist bigoted nairalanders?

kayfra

Believe them to your own detriment. That’s how they shackled you like animals the first time using evolution theory and further justified your enslavement by using the curse of Ham, shipped you across the ocean to work for free on their plantation. Very soon, there will be a repeat.

They will say you are a primate and a Homo Naledi and enslave and work you for free. Shey they have a lot of Planet ape movies showing all the time now. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

How is an African American going to tell Africans about their own history, when they still think Africa is a country? Nonsense.
anybody can tell history

he just needs sources that are correct

I've watched a lot of his videos
he's very dependable

trust me
he's trying to educate his people(AA)

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zooposki:

Believe them to your own detriment. That’s how they shackled you like animals the first time using the curse of Ham to perpetrate their evil, and shipped you across the ocean to work for free on their plantation. Very soon, there will be a repeat.

They will say you are a primate and a Homo Naledi and enslave and work you for free. Shey they have a lot of Planet ape movies showing all the time now. Lol.
if you forget
your own people sold Africans into slavery
the Europeans didn't venture into the interiors of Africa

if they say you are a primate
don't you have mouth to say yours?

you're just an afrocentric
nothing more

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

if you forget
your own people sold Africans into slavery
the Europeans didn't venture into the interiors of Africa

if they say you are a primate
don't you have mouth to say yours?

you're just an afrocentric
nothing more

Yeah, a lot of white people flooding this forum to perpetrate your agenda. Las, las God go shame all of una.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

You 100% doubt despite the facts? Lol keep your head in the sand.

There's no such thing as a 100% pure human. Ignoramus.

Well, I’m 100% pure human. Are you?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zooposki:

Yeah, a lot of white people flooding this forum to perpetrate your agenda. Las, las God go shame all of una.
I am a full Nigerian I am Yoruba

stop decieving yourself

the truth is the truth
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zooposki:

no most sub Saharan population are actually 99.8 % human

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
I am a full Nigerian I am Yoruba

stop decieving yourself

the truth is the truth

Seems a lot of Yoruba people on this forum are starting to lose their sense of reasoning. Very soon all of you will form your own terror group like IPOB and Fulani Herdsmen. Good luck with that.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zooposki:

No one is a 100% human. Modern homo sapiens that is.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

No one is a 100% human. Modern homo sapiens that is.

Are you going to tell me whom I am? I said I am 100% human. My people, see me see trouble.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Fash20: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
uBuNiT:
Yoruba ponu

Lol. Yoruba o ponu. Yoruba ronu.

Yoruba ponu means Yoruba is stupid

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
anybody can tell history

he just needs sources that are correct

I've watched a lot of his videos
he's very dependable

trust me
he's trying to educate his people(AA)

Home team history? ? That guy regurgitates we Wuz KANGS, hotep hotep baseless revisionist tripe.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

The .2% is just noise. It is nothing significant. Scientist always leave room for little error.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zooposki:

Are you going to tell me whom I am? I said I am 100% human. My people, see me see trouble.

If you say you're a vampire, I'm supposed to believe you right?

Or you believe God made you from a handful of dirt like your holey book says? cheesy

Yeye finish you there.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

Source?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Home team history? ? That guy regurgitates we Wuz KANGS, hotep hotep baseless revisionist tripe.

now that's a lie
he focuses primarily on sub Saharan Africa

and more on west Africa

I've never seen any afrocentric trash on his channel
or can you show me?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by uBuNiT: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
Fash20:

Yoruba ponu means Yoruba is stupid
Yes, you are right
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zooposki:

Seems a lot of Yoruba people on this forum are starting to lose their sense of reasoning. Very soon all of you will form your own terror group like IPOB and Fulani Herdsmen. Good luck with that.
and what's your ethnicity?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by christistruth01: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
WesternOligarch:
The Yoruba genetic Haplogroup is 93% E-M2 and is shared with the listed ethnic groups in Africa like the bamileke ethnic group in Cameroon. Below is a picture of a bamileke king.

Source ?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes / Al-mustapha Knows His Fate Today / Fashola Receives U.S Diplomats, Urges Deeper Global Cooperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.