Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member (5055 Views)

Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough / Campaign Against Your Rep Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by igboboy1(m): 4:30am On May 25, 2011
Where is this Adeseun from again? oh ObJ AKA theiffy theiffy man region, what party does he belong to again? Oh COcaine pusher Tinubu ACN, No wonder, onye oshi
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by AlabaSlim: 8:58am On May 25, 2011
@lease i like d man
hin talk true wot of odas wey dey talk 1tin 4 public & kolet dier own millions 4 backdoor
al politician na same evun wi wey dey curse & criticise wi go evun do WORST
abegiii mk wi close MOUF
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by AlabaSlim: 9:05am On May 25, 2011
Problem wey wi get 4 Naija na SAY:
NA MI HOLI PASS;holier dan thou ATTITUDE
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Nobody: 10:30am On May 25, 2011
Sorry Nairalanders that am using this wrongly to advertise my DETOXIFICATION machine & QUANTUM ANALYSER

LIFE DETOX MACHINE[center][/center]
[center]THE GENERAL BODY HEALING DEVISE[/center]

Are you overweight?
Are you always tired?
Do you drink too much alcohol, smoe cigarettes or use hard drugs, ?
Do you need a QUANTUM MAGNETIC RESONANCE ANALYSER?
Then Call me on 08030814445 or 08054984262

FUNCTIONS OF THE DETOX MACHINE[/b

Removes toxins

[b]Improves
body immune system

Slows down the aging process

Stimulates the hypothalamus, which controls sleep, mood swings & blood presure

Reduces phisical stress

Clears cellulites and heals the muscles

WE DONT JUST SELL, WE BUILD A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIP[center][/center]
CALL UCHE : 08030814445 OR[b] 08054984262[/b] and be happy you did
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by edicolove: 12:11pm On May 25, 2011
Please note that until very recently Adeseun was a PDP guy. He read the political barometer properly
and switches allegiance. He still has PDP blood in him and thinks the typical PDP.

By the time he sits with The Tinubus. The Akandes, The Aregbesolas, The Fashola, his orientation
will change and will no more shoot his mouth anyhow.

For now he is talking for PDP. Hear what Ojudu said in Ekiti. He said the Pay is too much.
He derided what they call constituency allowance which he says is usurping the field of the executive.

By and large we will get there

This is one reason i hate the ACN crowd. They are a bunch of hypocrites and hollier than thou people. They will be fully exposed soon for their evil. How can somebody say the guy is PDP. the height of hypocrisy. just a few days ago, they had a retreat to indoctrinate their senators and reps. SO they didbt tell them about corruption eh? I hate hypocrites. I prefer the OBJs of this world who will do what they say whether bad or good. At least you will know their position. These ACN people, are the worst hypocrites and deceivers in Nigeria.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by ziccoit: 4:26pm On May 25, 2011
dd
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by ziccoit: 4:27pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

This is one reason i hate the ACN crowd. They are a bunch of hypocrites and hollier than thou people. They will be fully exposed soon for their evil. How can somebody say the guy is PDP. the height of hypocrisy. just a few days ago, they had a retreat to indoctrinate their senators and reps. SO they didbt tell them about corruption eh? I hate hypocrites. I prefer the OBJs of this world who will do what they say whether bad or good. At least you will know their position. These ACN people, are the worst hypocrites and deceivers in Nigeria.

One thing I know is that a political party is a system built overtime by its followers. We all know a PDP and what constitutes its system. I know what I would never believe when it is said to be coming from APGA, ANPP, ACN. You need to be, for a longtime, among the people of integrity to understand well that PDP doesn't have up to 10%

We all know what constitute a pass, a credit, an excellent result. You begin to lose face when you fall to the left of the spectrum crossing the mark of respect. The environment and the genetic makeup are very important in determining who you are. Assuming you are genetically advantaged but in a wrong environment, do you think raising your head high up would be possible?

In Nigeria to day, I see the political parties, especially the major ones, arranged on a grading line:

<<<<< PDP                     ANPP, APGA, ACN>>>>>>>>>>>>

Failure<<<<<<>>>>>Pass<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>Credit<<<<<<<>>>>>>Excellence.

While PDP is running everyday backward to the zero point of failure, ANPP, APGA and ACN are moving frantically to embrace excellence and beyond. To understand the evils, you must study its system. You need to be closer to these people to understand what make up their system.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On May 25, 2011
More like

>>>>>>>>PDP>>>>>ANPP, APGA, ACN>>>>

Massive Failure>>>>>>>>>>> Failure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pass>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Credit<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>Excellence.

They are all still trying to prove they are worth much good in this. ACN cannot continue to get a pass solely on Fashola's tryings.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Bensonite: 4:51pm On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

More like

Massive Failure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Failure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pass>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Credit<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Excellence.

They are all still trying to prove they are worth much good in this. ACN cannot continue to get a pass solely on Fashola's tryings.

Good
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 25, 2011
ziccoit:

One thing I know is that a political party is a system built overtime by its followers. We all know a PDP and what constitutes its system. I know what I would never believe when it is said to be coming from APGA, ANPP, ACN. You need to be, for a longtime, among the people of integrity to understand well that PDP doesn't have up to 10%

We all know what constitute a pass, a credit, an excellent result. You begin to lose face when you fall to the left of the spectrum crossing the mark of respect. The environment and the genetic makeup are very important in determining who you are. Assuming you are genetically advantaged but in a wrong environment, do you think raising your head high up would be possible?

In Nigeria to day, I see the political parties, especially the major ones, arranged on a grading line:

<<<<< PDP                     ANPP, APGA, ACN>>>>>>>>>>>>

Failure<<<<<<>>>>>Pass<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>Credit<<<<<<<>>>>>>Excellence.

While PDP is running everyday backward to the zero point of failure, ANPP, APGA and ACN are moving frantically to embrace excellence and beyond. To understand the evils, you must study its system. You need to be closer to these people to understand what make up their system.
tRaSh!
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Parnassuss(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2011
lucabrasi:

you r chilling out in hackney and you r expecting people in nigeria to fight and shed blood for corruption to go away?seeing as we r in a country where revolution and then democracy has taken root i reckon we should be the one to start it off then the average nigerian will join in

Average Nigerian my nyash hole. I am Nigeria and as average as they come but if any dunce tells me to go pick a gun for a bloody revolution I will must likely shoot the agitator than any corrupt Senator. If people cannot identify where revolutions are appropriate then there is no need to even discuss it.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by agabaI23(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2011
Parnassuss:

Average Nigerian my nyash hole. I am Nigeria and as average as they come but if any dunce tells me to go pick a gun for a bloody revolution I will must likely shoot the agitator than any corrupt Senator. If people cannot identify where revolutions are appropriate then there is no need to even discuss it.
You do not always need a gun or to spill blood for a revolution be revolution
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by luluosas(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2011
The problem with most Nigerians is their I don't care attitudes towards serious issues. Imagine people with their eyes wide open allow sentiments, ethnicity and religious affiliations to becloud them during the just concluded elections. Why are you all pissing here? Where you not part of the people that brought them back to power? Anyway, this is just the beginning.
I am quiet sure that, those of you calling for REVOLUTION knows that, you have already missed the opportunity for real and tangible revolutions. The ballot paper in your hand was the greatest weapon you were actually looking for the revolution, but, you allowed yourselves to be misled. No amount of your calling for revolution or peaceful protest will ever gain any meaningful insight. They care less about you now that, you have given them the POWER they were hungrily looking for. Your actions during the just concluded elections shows that, YOU were not ready for any CHANGE yet.
You have voted them and you will be forced to agree with whatever decisions they will take. Nigeria, welcome to backwardness.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by hasyak(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2011
luluosas:

The problem with most Nigerians is their I don't call attitudes towards serious issues. Imagine people with their eyes wide open allow sentiments, ethnicity and religious affiliations to becloud them during the just concluded elections. Why are you all pissing here? Where you not part of the people that brought them back to power? Anyway, this is just the beginning.
I am quiet sure that, those of you calling for REVOLUTION knows that, you have already missed the opportunity for real and tangible revolutions. The ballot paper in your hand was the greatest weapon you were actually looking for the revolution, but, you allowed yourselves to be misled. No amount of your calling for revolution or peaceful protest will ever gain any meaningful insight. They care less about you now that, you have given them the POWER they were hungrily looking for. Your actions during the just concluded elections shows that, YOU were not ready for any CHANGE yet.
You have voted them and you will be forced to agree with whatever decisions they will take. Nigeria, welcome to backwardness.

+6.7
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by ziccoit: 6:53pm On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

More like

Massive Failure>>>>>>>>>>> Failure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pass>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Credit<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>Excellence.

If AD=AC=ACN your assertion is faulty. ?. Oloye Bisi Akande (AD) achievement in 4 years beat what Olagunsoye Oyinlola (PDP) accomplished in almost 8 years.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Reference(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2011
This is exactly what I am saying the corruption thing that way heavily flogged during the elections has presented us with a good test case to see its structure and how wide it is dispersed. I said it then that it was not a political party thing and as such could not be changed by changing political parties. The graft in the houses occured in the full view of all political parties. They collect the same salaries, the same allowances and partake in the same bribery and corruption. Now we have CPC members in both houses the question remains will they together with ACN members refuse these allowances and what will they do about it. Today the question has been partially answered we will carry on with PDP excesses. By extension if all PDP members were voted out of office will the opposition carry on as usual. That remains to be seen. I will not speculate on that but if we observe states and other federating units where there is total non PDP control do we have better accountability, Lagos for instance has a question on its House leadership, their wages are sky high as well. I will not even speak of the executive, its very serious.

I think the problem is more fundamental than we think. Corruption is a problem that transits parties one we all need to tackle simultaneously. For goodness sake why will a newly elected official willingly receive 1 million a day when he's just coming in from the 'cold'. Let's watch as the new legislative season opens shortly whether the opposition will raise issues of financial recklessness before we conclude the problem is political and of political parties or individuals and our collective value system.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by sirjec(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2011
If money is not meant for you, it cannot be called allowance

They are all thieves exploring the loopholes in our constitution to enrich themselves instead of blocking the loopholes

Because they are to approve budget, they now approve anything they like for themselves. Thieves.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by juman(m): 4:42pm On May 26, 2011
The lawmaker however agreed that many of his colleagues simply convert the allowances to personal use, while the jobs they are meant for are left undone.

The members of the house of representative are too many.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On May 26, 2011
luluosas:

The problem with most Nigerians is their I don't call attitudes towards serious issues. Imagine people with their eyes wide open allow sentiments, ethnicity and religious affiliations to becloud them during the just concluded elections. Why are you all pissing here? Where you not part of the people that brought them back to power? Anyway, this is just the beginning.

Na wa ooo!!
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by 1025: 7:47pm On May 26, 2011
this is really fresh air as directed by jonathan/sambo 2011. those who supported this madness of pdp continuing in aso rock will wait to see what happens next
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by jmaine: 8:01pm On May 26, 2011
1025:

this is really fresh air as directed by jonathan/sambo 2011. those who supported this madness of pdp continuing in aso rock will wait to see what happens next

Kindly read up that story again and correct yourself . .
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by luluosas(m): 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
Senators upset at 40% pay cut
Wednesday, 08 June 2011 02:21 Abdul-Rahman Abubakar
E-mail Print PDF
27Share
Several senators yesterday expressed dissatisfaction with implementation of a 40 per cent cut in overheads of the National Assembly which has reduced their allowances by about a half, Daily Trust gathered.

A source told our reporter that Senate President David Mark while revealing details of allowances to senators during closed session, said they are to be paid about N11 million for housing, car monetisation and furniture allowance. This is against about N18.5 million which was paid to senators of the Sixth Senate.

The source said, “senators were disappointed to hear that they are going to get about N4 million as rent for housing. Some of them complained that to get a decent house now in Abuja cost N5 million and landlords are in the habit of asking for 2 years.”

Mark was however said to have told his colleagues that though their explanations on the pay cut were valid, “there was nothing the Senate leadership could do because government has already cut the National Assembly overhead budget by 40 percent as provided by the 2011 budget.”

The Sixth Senate suffered low public approval ratings due to high cost of maintaining the lawmakers as they were said to be spending over a quarter of the country’s overhead funds.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Sanusi Lamido had insisted that the legislature gulps over 25 percent of overhead costs provided in the budgets.

In his inaugural speech, Mark had pledged that the Senate is to spearhead resolve to cut down on cost of governance saying, “Nigerians complain that our democracy is too expensive. We, as representatives of the people, must initiate legislations that will reduce cost of governance at all levels thereby freeing resources to attend to the basic needs of the people.”

An official of the National Assembly told Daily Trust that members of the last Senate received N7.5 million as car loan, N6.5 million for furniture and N8 million as housing rents. The official however said the Finance office of the National Assembly is unaware of the new development.

Meanwhile, the Senate, which is yet to elect its other principal officers, has adjourned sitting to June 28.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20705:senators-upset-at-40-pay-cut&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

These criminals will never learn.
Re: Democracy Can Only Work If We Are Paid Jumbo Allowances - Rep Member by bfire(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
Just to let you guys know something is not right. This is what is happening to your money.

THE SENATE PRESIDENT'S CONVOY:
7 HILUX TRUCKS FILL WITH PLOICE(AT A TIME ROBBERY & OTHER CRIMES ARE AT SPATE EVERYWHERE), 4 BMW BIKES(THEY SAID EACH IS ABOUT 12MILLION NAIRA), 4 S550 MERCEDES BENZ & SOME OTHERS, THIS IS JUST HIS MOBILE CREW,HOW ABOUT OFFICE, HOUSE ETC? HOW ABOUT OTHER LEGISLATORS(STATE & FEDERAL)?, DONT TALK OF D EXECUTIVES!

I hope you guys know that it's going to get worse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theatre Of The Absurd / Please Who Is The Owner Of A-z Oil / Popular America-based Big Babes In Juju Battle Over Endowed Abuja Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.