Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix (21379 Views)

Jeff Bezos' $500 Million Yacht Has A Sculpture Of His Girlfriend Lauren Sanchez / Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Help2020: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Medically it's really not a good idea...

If they work on or Develop a serum to stop ageing...

How do you control the Organs?

You can't make the organs to stop working towards it's expiration date ...

It's a waste of billions dollars time project
So many years ago a US doctor called Christian draipian came up with stem cell therapy. Even top US medical doctors kicked against it..They were of the opinion that Stem cell enhancing supplement can trigger cancer cells, so it's dangerous root..Today,stem cell therapy has broken many medical jinks..As we speak,stem cell therapy as giving people second chance to live again. Cancer,kidney problems, liver problems, heart problems, diabetes and other chronic diseases are being cure with the use of stem cell supplement.
Stem cell are cell that are undifferentiated. They can mentamophorse into any dead cell in the body.So my brother anything is possible. While I doubt the ability to make humans immortal, but I believe the research can at least make humans live longer. Nothing bad if our live span happen to be 150 years or more.

2 Likes

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by faithfull18(f): 9:45am On Sep 16, 2021
I wish.
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Exkandayee(m): 9:45am On Sep 16, 2021
BigDawsNet:

You have a shallow Brain, you think the supporters and bezos didn't thought what you just said, just say this guy's are bittin More they can chew, Jesus Christ is coming Soon
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Abunga: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2021
If Nigeria were told that they could communicate their village form the city through a piece of metal (phone) then,they would have still reacted religiously accusing scientist of playing God, Africa is too religious without been godly

1 Like

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by muyeski21(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2021
donbachi:
Similar to tower of babel story...e no go end well.

U b alien, tower of Babylon no reach half of the distance to moon but human don pass moon enter Mars. Wake up

1 Like

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Mgtow8: 9:49am On Sep 16, 2021
So says a naive african that doesn't think out of the box,there is buildings today taller than the tower of babel ,keep that your bible story book aside and think
donbachi:

2 Likes

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Mgtow8: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Ever had of organ transplant? Wake up back child
BigDawsNet:

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Shimran(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2021
SunshineHQ:
watch out! this is one of the fools i was talking about. if he catch covid or cancer of the lungs, he will run to the hospital not church and when he finally gets cured in the hospital, he goes to the church for "tainks giving". awon efulefu
Make I you guys for the discussion.

A religious person being sick and taken to the hospital and cured scientifically isn't that bad.

Age of science and technology is meant to simplify the life we lived. Before this age, There have been the traditional medicine and related stuff.

Been religious isn't synonymous to war against science always.

Mortality age then is higher as compared to present.

All religious people have one in common: Life and Death is with The Devine Being only, no matter the scientific and technological advancement.
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Abunga: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2021
If Nigerian were told that they could communicate their village form the city through a piece of metal (phone)back then,they would have still reacted religiously, accusing scientist of playing God.Africans are too religious without been godly
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by SunshineHQ(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2021
Shimran:

Make I you guys for the discussion.

A religious person being sick and taken to the hospital and cured scientifically isn't that bad.

Age of science and technology is meant to simplify the life we lived. Before this age, There have been the traditional medicine and related stuff.

Been religious isn't synonymous to war against science always.

Mortality age then is higher as compared to present.

All religious people have one in common: Life and Death is with The Devine Being only, no matter the scientific and technological advancement.
leave science and patronise the church abi the blood don dry?
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Voltariane: 10:04am On Sep 16, 2021
Humans trying to play God.
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by CuteEmma(f): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2021
michlins:
We're few decades away from true immortality. I know my religious fellows will shout against this but science has broken more jinx and immortality is the next target. You don't expect Bezos with over $200bn to die and leave it all. The ultra wealthy don't want to suffer natural death again and they're backing research with billions of dollars to get it done.

Before you say it's impossible, there are numerous organisms that don't suffer natural death. Animals like jellyfish sheds old skin and doesn't suffer natural death. There are trees that can live for hundreds of years.

So man needs to figure out how they're able to live for so long and transfer same to people who can pay for it

Then what happens to procreation?
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Dronedude(m): 10:14am On Sep 16, 2021
Like really let's get this straight. In my opinion if it is what I think, I don't see anything wrong in financing a research for anti aging. I think it's all about boosting cells and the immune system to counter diseases and illnesses that comes with aging. Death is eminent so it will come at the right time but one will die healthy not as a result of health complications due to weak cells and immune system.

I don't even know if I make sense to myself. undecided grin
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2021
missiret:
Dem no one die, they will die and die again if they don't have christ
Christ Jesus is the Ultimate. Person wey no get him dey miss plenty if not missing everything in life. Jesus leads first, we follow along..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Shimran(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2021
SunshineHQ:
leave science and patronise the church abi the blood don dry?

A person is born, grown, matured, opportuned to be physically & mentally fits, educated and exposed to the outside world, just woke woke up and says everything is by nature, no supernatural Being.
However If this is the case, no doubt, nature is biased: Billions died without achieving the above.
If something is just nature, it is unaltered, unbiased, favourable to all, ie all bad or all good.
Therefore, this world is a test to humanity from the Deity Being.
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2021
donbachi:
Your own na to sit and be quoting a fairytale book. When its done now, you will state jumping everywhere. Black is so useless a race
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by SunshineHQ(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2021
Shimran:

A person is born, grown, matured, opportuned to be physically & mentally fits, educated and exposed to the outside world, just woke woke up and says everything is by nature, no supernatural Being.
However If this is the case, no doubt, nature is biased: Billions died without achieving the above.
If something is just nature, it is unaltered, unbiased, favourable to all, ie all bad or all good.
Therefore, this world is a test to humanity from the Deity Being.
an epistle. you will still avoid the church when u have real issues
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by witworth(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2021
donbachi:
it will end well. You dis slave.
They have been doing better things that makes life better and less difficult. And they will surely do more to make easier. I believe them.
You can go and tell your tower of babel stories to your ancestors.
Anti aging doesn't mean man is not still gonna die naturally or not.
Afterall wetin dem go use for the anti aging self, na God create am.
So shut the Bleep up donbachi
I believe in God because my intuitive sense makes me aware every moment that there's an invisible and invincible being that controls everything here on earth. But I don't believe in any so called holy book tales.
That doesn't mean am not religious in my own way.
And if you must know, my religion is one love, and God is love, I no hate u, but get sense nigga
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by IbileIfe: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2021
Immortality is not an impossibility.

The Animals That Can Live Forever

The ‘immortal’ jellyfish, Turritopsis dohrnii
To date, there’s only one species that has been called ‘biologically immortal’: the jellyfish Turritopsis dohrnii. These small, transparent animals hang out in oceans around the world and can turn back time by reverting to an earlier stage of their life cycle.
https://www.science.org.au/curious/earth-environment/animals-can-live-forever

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by paltielx: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2021
Them go spread another VIRUS
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Goahead(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2021
Bezos is the only billionaire I love to hate.
He's probably going to sue death if it doesn't work. He retired from Amazon so he could sue you!
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Truvelisback(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2021
Let's see how it goes.
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by NelviusGrey(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2021
Abeg make una come hire me for una lab...even if na to wash motor or sweep ground...i nur mind abeg

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by lamalang(m): 11:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Na person wey no rich wan die, person wey rich no wan die
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Blakjewelry(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2021
michlins:
We're few decades away from true immortality. I know my religious fellows will shout against this but science has broken more jinx and immortality is the next target. You don't expect Bezos with over $200bn to die and leave it all. The ultra wealthy don't want to suffer natural death again and they're backing research with billions of dollars to get it done.

Before you say it's impossible, there are numerous organisms that don't suffer natural death. Animals like jellyfish sheds old skin and doesn't suffer natural death. There are trees that can live for hundreds of years.

So man needs to figure out how they're able to live for so long and transfer same to people who can pay for it
The truth is this guy's are not doing it because they don't want to die but because of the profit involved the rep that comes with it
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by davibid: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
When man has money in excess, he’ll think there’s no God

Initially it was going to the moon , now immortality

His end is near sha...
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by suffering: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Many Nairalanders suffer from mental illness. Only a lunatic will believe in humanoids living beyond the earthly plane. As for immortality, I truly doubt anyone will want to live forever. What I believe is humans wanting to choose when they die. Not everyone is satisfied with a 70 - 120 year existence. Many people can achieve a lot more from living an extra 80 - 100 years. Imagine a Nairalander familiar with only poverty eventually learning the road to riches on his 70th birthday. I don’t see why he won’t want to spend an extra 50 years enjoying the wealthy life. For me, immortality is not a promising idea. I am satisfied with a 70 year existence. Life is a drag, abeg, let me see what comes next.

1 Like

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Adakintroy: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Too much money what else will be attempted?

Reminds me of the pharoahs and their obsession with immortality. Not going to happen. We all die

#end#
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by Ezenwa12345(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
donbachi:
Crap �
There’s nothing similar to that tale . You are saying those days , they built house that reached heaven.?
See nonsense bible dey teach
Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by 1000Capacity: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:
Let them come... In the next 1000 years, this world would be completely unrecognisable from what we have, as long as humans have not nuked themselves to the stone ages.
that shiiii is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix by missiret(f): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
Christ Jesus is the Ultimate. Person wey no get him dey miss plenty if not missing everything in life. Jesus leads first, we follow along..

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Student Invents T-shirt That's Impossible To Stain / FGN Invites Recent 1st Class Graduates In Sciences And Engineering To TYSON / Easy Way To Check BVN On MTN, Airtel, Etisalat & Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.