Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Have You Been Hypnotized Before? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Been Hypnotized Before? (21609 Views)

Man Narrates His Experience With Scammers Who Hypnotized Him (video) / Lady Escapes From Ritualist Den In Delta After Being Hypnotized / Men Hypnotized A Lady And Gang Raped Her In Enugu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by zeuss: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
chatinent:

Boss, if I jam that dude for road, I go beat four years commot en age asswear.
what if e get power pass you?....e go beat kpanu comot for your own bodi.....look as u dey make mouth now....... person wey pressthat ur mumu botton with ease....... sense beat power... better tail and call police on him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Generalwoodz(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
This particular thread prompted me to take an action; To go on Google and search " How to hypnotize someone" and I kid you not am loving it already...

I'm going to try it on some special group of people. Nahh I'm not going to any shop like that manchi who visited op.

I will used it on the good, bad and ugly vagina people.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by chatinent: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
zeuss:
what if e get power pass you....e go beat kpanu comot for your own bodi...... sense beat power... better tail and call police on him.

Shey unto phisique? He cannot can.

But I take your words. Thank you.
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by phemmyfour: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
If you don't want the jazz to work on you. Always do these:

1. Ignore their gist. They always have gist

2. Never show empathy.... that's how they get you involve

3. Stay focus, tell them to go straight to the point. Let your words be few..no story please. They always use long talk to get you distracted.

4. Be at alert..... appearance can be deceptive. Most times they come well dressed and cultured.

That's how we roll in lasgidi!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Cindy222(f): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
chatinent:

Thanks. I wanted to drop a love emoji for you. I can't. Come and take my heart in place.

Awwwwn cool.....Thanks a bunch... smiley

Your heart smiley
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Silentgroper(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
ospreywin:
Lolzz..... Mostly, these scenarios are don't have anything to do with jazz or being hypnotized rather a well seasoned con-artist finesse with your conscious mind. It's an art, if I'm correct.
It is still hypnotism.
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by elijahy1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
jabolo:

Bingo! You were subliminally placed in a suggestible mode. I can do this easily too if I ever visit your shop. Nothing like jazz.

So, how so it could have worked ...

1. You were pre-selected.
Uncle had 'scoped 'all the shops looking for cues as to how suggestible the sellers were. It seems your neighboring shops are full of people that will welcome you into their shops, arms crossed saying "yes, wetin u want?". You, on the other hand will probably smile and say "Oga, come in", eager for business.

2. Appearance
With his dressing, he cultivated an image of authority and honesty which lowered your guard further.

3. Subliminal Messages
The screen-saver probably had a subliminal message that your brain picked up but you would not conciously interpret. It could be something like an image flashing for 1/100th of a second saying "Trust me, Trust me, Trust me". If I was doing this, I will learn your route home and place posters with messages about trust, integrity etc. If I was to wear a yellow shirt on the day, I could even send you a series of text messages before (if you had a mobile phone number on your signboard) with random messages about yellow shirts. There are many ways to skin this cat.

Now that you know, you can mentally train your concious to overcome the sub-concious bias. It's not a matter of pride to learn you could be suggestible, just practice self awareness with customers. Be nice but skeptical.

Good day.

Reminds me of the movie FOCUS.
The star actor was WILL SMITH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by oakson: 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
grin
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Queenserah26(f): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
grin grin

This part is hilarious

Sorry for your loss OP

chatinent:

Well, anyways, the baba wey do that jazz strong. I have literally not behaved so stupidly all my life. Mehn, I was hopping..to jogging..to running to go and buy nlyon of ₦300 each at the junction! Sth that was sold downstairs!
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Olam09(m): 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
chatinent:
I have.

Sb came to my store, discussed and bought goods that's worth ₦34k (after 20% discount since he said he wanted to celebrate his wife on their anniversary, the same day).

He sent me on an errand to get him a bigger nylon to pack sth. I did. I didn't know what was happening to me..even when I wanted to tell my boy to watch him closely, sth else like a force was just making my mind focus on going to buy the stuff.

I couldn't even remember to send my boy! At that period, what was in my head was humility and the customer-are-money dogma bla bla.

After buying it, the man asked for my account number, I spelled it out to him. I only remember him calling my name to confirm it's my account and saying he has sent it...after he made jest of my all-English name attributing it to names yahoo boys usually like to use. I was laughing sheepishly. (When I remember this, I want to hit myself so hard). embarassed

I was struggling so hard to tell him to wait so I'd confirm it. Before I could understand what was happening, he was gone. That was the exact moment my hibernated brain came back to normal.

I immediately dialed his number he gave me on TrueCaller. I saw Engr Daniel.Criminal. His number is 09073542987.

My human felt cold. Clearly, I was barking up the wrong tree.

I immediately went to see if I could see the uncle, he was gone at the drop of the hat for life. Drastic times call for drastic measures so I followed a route I felt he took swiping my big head left-to-right and right-to-left for two hours perusing the streets, junctions, and parks if my eyes would capture a manly figure holding two bags of my goods. I was really off my rocker. cry

I came back..it was pellucid I was hitting a dead horse. I no just know if na to cry or laugh..I come back come wear forced smile like mumu sidon. I could not blame the boy who attended to him. It was a clear case of hypnosis. The boy was more confused than I was.

A neighbor was telling me it's a new tactics that's in vogue. Another neighbor who heard about it exclaimed and said hers was bigger. She sells laptops. The person ordered her to pack four new MacBooks in his car with their sales of ₦700k that day. He didn't use a gun. He came, sat down, ordered her to go bring the ₦500k handy and also go withdraw the ₦200k they had earlier deposited to the bank via transfer. She withdrew on POS and gave the guy and he left.

My eyes sunk like TinkerBell... clearly, I was in wonderland. You needed to see the way I was seriously going to buy the nylons..and the distance my brain took me to.

I have been hearing it on a grapevine..but mine struck me recently.

Have you been hypnotized before?
I've been hypnotized once before but e no enter 3 minutes before i realize am..
That day i dey come back from bank passing through abule egba road before some scammer jazz me.. omo i no fit narrate am.. i came back to my senses and collected my ATM card, hotspot and the s3 phone wey dey there hand back sha.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
A typical Africans mind can't be in one place so its impossible to hipnotize him
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by chatinent: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Queenserah26:
grin grin

This part is hilarious

Sorry for your loss OP

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Silentgroper(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Spain007:

Na joke bro... though even if you come across d Man again,I don't think you ve solid proof to nail him.
Na Ur word against his.
With all wat d op wrote, i dont think there would be a solid proof to nail him.
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by chatinent: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Olam09:

I've been hypnotized once before but e no enter 3 minutes before i realize am..
That day i dey come back from bank passing through abule egba road before some scammer jazz me.. omo i no fit narrate am.. i came back to my senses and collected my ATM card, hotspot and the s3 phone wey dey there hand back sha.

Abeg, you shift en jaw right?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by HolyHero: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Offpoint1:
Lol, my own happen today o... Werey ask for direction, sey him just land from Delta. After I direct am finish, baba say 'how much do you have in your account''... Werey no no see jazz no fit work for person wey no believe sey jazz dey.

I just tell werey, "try harder, your baba no try"

Na so werey wey no know direction cross over go meet him partner in crime.
you no try walai...

Normally you suppose punch am for mouth immediately... why you allow him walk free... immediately he asked that question, you were supposed to punch him immediately.

The day one guy try that rubbish with me... I punch him immediately... he couldn’t believe his eyes..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Silentgroper(m): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Generalwoodz:
This particular thread prompted me to take an action; To go on Google and search " How to hypnotize someone" and I kid you not am loving it already...

I'm going to try it on some special group of people. Nahh I'm not going to any shop like that manchi who visited op.

I will used it on the good, bad and ugly vagina people.
Lol. Nice idea. I should go browse about it, learn it nd savour some pussy.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Buffalo2(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na wha oo

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Yes! It happened to me on January 30th 2015.

My dad woke me up to go get some litres of petrol and some soup ingredients for him. I was jejely walking on my own when a car drove by, stopped and the driver asked for children hospital in the vicinity.

I had no idea of any around and told him so, when a man passed by and asked me what the driver was asking for. Innocently I told him then he urged me saying we should help the driver.

Na so they begin totori my head with fake pastoral preaching and useless vision, asking me how much I have in my account that I should go withdraw it. Thankfully, I didn’t have an ATM card then and it was after 5pm, banks had closed for business. They asked me for my jewelleries and my mother’s, how much it cost cheesy #800, because those were cheap, they ignored.

They asked for my laptop and phone, they wanted to pray over them. Guess what? They drove me to my house to get them and I complied. But I kept looking back to notice the 3rd person in the vehicle. I remember she was a fat woman on a white garment, with a very rough skin from face to toe and some white bondage on her legs.

They later dropped me on one side of the road and zoomed off with my gadget and the 2k on my hand before I gained consciousness.

Since then I became too conscious of strangers coming close to ask for anything from me. I stopped giving them audience.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Spain007:

Na joke bro... though even if you come across d Man again,I don't think you ve solid proof to nail him.
Na Ur word against his.
Are you one of them?Repent.
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by arthurwillia(m): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Citygal:

My dad woke me up to go get some litres of petrol and some soup ingredients for him. I was jejely walking on my own when a car drove by, stopped and the driver asked for children hospital in the vicinity.

I had no idea of any around and told him so, when a man passed by and asked me what the driver was asking for. Innocently I told him then he urged me saying we should help the driver.

Na so they begin totori my head with fake pastoral preaching and useless vision, asking me how much I have in my account that I should go withdraw it. Thankfully, I didn’t have an ATM card then and it was after 5pm, banks had closed for business. They asked me for my jewelleries and my mother’s, how much it cost cheesy #800, because those were cheap, they ignored.

They asked for my laptop and phone, they wanted to pray over them. Guess what? They drove me to my house to get them and I complied. But I kept looking back to notice the 3rd person in the vehicle. I remember she was a fat woman on a white garment, with a very rough skin from face to toe and some white bondage on her legs.

They later dropped me on one side of the road and zoomed off with my gadget and the 2k on my hand before I gained consciousness.

Since then I became too conscious of strangers coming close to ask for anything from me. I stopped giving them audience.

Damn sorry my dear
How does this thing even happen like how
Still can’t explain it
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ayájó niwon ka fun é
You lucky say the man no say make you enter bush go grin you for turn food for bandits
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by hansomb: 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
Where's that endtime conspiracy master, just when you are needed. We need a theory on how this happened and how to prevent future occurance so as to prevent the imminent rupture or endtime.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
chatinent:
I have.

Sb came to my store, discussed and bought goods that's worth ₦34k (after 20% discount since he said he wanted to celebrate his wife on their anniversary, the same day).

He sent me on an errand to get him a bigger nylon to pack sth. I did. I didn't know what was happening to me..even when I wanted to tell my boy to watch him closely, sth else like a force was just making my mind focus on going to buy the stuff.

I couldn't even remember to send my boy! At that period, what was in my head was humility and the customer-are-money dogma bla bla.

After buying it, the man asked for my account number, I spelled it out to him. I only remember him calling my name to confirm it's my account and saying he has sent it...after he made jest of my all-English name attributing it to names yahoo boys usually like to use. I was laughing sheepishly. (When I remember this, I want to hit myself so hard). embarassed

I was struggling so hard to tell him to wait so I'd confirm it. Before I could understand what was happening, he was gone. That was the exact moment my hibernated brain came back to normal.

I immediately dialed his number he gave me on TrueCaller. I saw Engr Daniel.Criminal. His number is 09073542987.

My human felt cold. Clearly, I was barking up the wrong tree.

I immediately went to see if I could see the uncle, he was gone at the drop of the hat for life. Drastic times call for drastic measures so I followed a route I felt he took swiping my big head left-to-right and right-to-left for two hours perusing the streets, junctions, and parks if my eyes would capture a manly figure holding two bags of my goods. I was really off my rocker. cry

I came back..it was pellucid I was hitting a dead horse. I no just know if na to cry or laugh..I come back come wear forced smile like mumu sidon. I could not blame the boy who attended to him. It was a clear case of hypnosis. The boy was more confused than I was.

A neighbor was telling me it's a new tactics that's in vogue. Another neighbor who heard about it exclaimed and said hers was bigger. She sells laptops. The person ordered her to pack four new MacBooks in his car with their sales of ₦700k that day. He didn't use a gun. He came, sat down, ordered her to go bring the ₦500k handy and also go withdraw the ₦200k they had earlier deposited to the bank via transfer. She withdrew on POS and gave the guy and he left.

My eyes sunk like TinkerBell... clearly, I was in wonderland. You needed to see the way I was seriously going to buy the nylons..and the distance my brain took me to.

I have been hearing it on a grapevine..but mine struck me recently.

Have you been hypnotized before?
Op sorry for your lost.
But seriously, this is one of the funniest write up I've seen on nairaland. You sabi tell story die
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
Exactly bro number 1 is very important...once they start story cut them off sharp sharp cause if they complete that gist the jazz go definitely catch the person....me I can smell those scammers from a mile away especially the female ones I've saved 3 of my friends before after they all started behaving like mumu one even wanted to borrow money and give scammer...I clear am sharperly say that girl don put something for mouth follow you talk
phemmyfour:
If you don't want the jazz to work on you. Always do these:

1. Ignore their gist. They always have gist

2. Never show empathy.... that's how they get you involve

3. Stay focus, tell them to go straight to the point. Let your words be few..no story please. They always use long talk to get you distracted.

4. Be at alert..... appearance can be deceptive. Most times they come well dressed and cultured.

That's how we roll in lasgidi!!!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by chatinent: 12:07am On Sep 15, 2021
henrybangs44:

Op sorry for your lost.
But seriously, this is one of the funniest write up I've seen on nairaland. You sabi tell story die

This is not a story tho.

It really happened.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by coolxpat(m): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2021
Had to dail that number to confirm grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by missimelda01(f): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2021
Citygal:

Oh wow, something really similar happened to me few months ago. They were asking for directions to a particular children hospital and started telling me how they came from Osun state blah blah blah, I wasn’t familiar with that area so I quickly redirected them to a betting shop close by, a man who was supposed to be a passerby joined in the conversation and before I knew it he jumped into the car and went with them just like that...they were all together grin

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by princewarri1985: 1:59am On Sep 15, 2021
I alway's shake my head each time some people use this phrase "juju non fit work me'' or "juju non dey work or exist" because i was once a victim myself too, i remember about 4 years back when an ex called me, even though we both has broken up 2 months prior, i had only 60k in my account then, she told me she needed money and i sent her 20k, under normal circumstances i never would have done that, she called again asking me how much do i have in my bank account at moment, i told 40k and she said "are you sure" and i said yes, and she requested i send her thf 40k which i did also, it was like i was in a trance and i dont know what i was doing, i finally got my senses back after 2 hours, and i called her back, but she refused to pick my calls, and i called her room mate who told me that she does not stay with her anymore that she has rellocated to ibadan and she does not have her new address, up till i haven't heard from her

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by HelpYourself(m): 3:55am On Sep 15, 2021
chatinent:

Thank you.

You are welcome
Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by princewarri1985: 5:17am On Sep 15, 2021
I have read alot of books and anything i could lay my hands on, but I've never seen a writer this good, bro you you're a very good writer and chiamanda dey trek where you dey, you got raw skills and you can easily pass as a writer and you could write articles for most of the widely read newspaper around the world, like the new york times cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Hypnotized Before? by princewarri1985: 5:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Bro! I've read alot of books and anything i could lay my hands on, but I've never seen a writer this good, bro you are very good writer and you could easily pass as a proof reader or you could write articles for most of the widely read papers around the world like the new york times, chiamanda dey trek where you dey, cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Man Stabbed Neighbour On Manhood In Lagos / A Nigerian Cocaine Trafficker Jailed For Nine Years, Fined €10,000 In Malta / Bandits Kidnap 21 Passengers In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.