Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,135 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? (37797 Views)

Lagos Job Of N50,000 Or Ibadan Job Of N50,000 / State Hospital Job At N260,000 Or Federal Hospital Job At N180,000? / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ultimateprof: 1:39am On Sep 08, 2021
No where is safe in Nigeria, everywhere don sacrakum! Kaduna is very okay, but I advice you to advise yourself.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Yaks02(m): 2:12am On Sep 08, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
IF YU DEY HEAR HHAUSA FORGET GOIN TO NORTH TO WORK grin KANA JI HAUSA? grin

Kai kanaji?
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Yaks02(m): 2:15am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Thanks so much bro for the feedback

Kaduna the capital is very safe brother, all the things u hear in the news only happens in rural areas of southern kaduna
I'm from jos and I won't lie to u life is very cheap in kaduna and it's business oriented..... Good luck
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by okhaiii(m): 2:41am On Sep 08, 2021
What if dey kidnap you all bcus of 259k na that 1 you go like ?
kingsolium:
Good morning house, pls I need your views and opinions on this subject matter.

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Akuruoulo post=105596174][/quote]

Amen.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by cooooooks(m): 5:03am On Sep 08, 2021
Staying only 2 months in one job will be terrible for your job history.

Check how long the company you work for and the potential company in Kaduna have been active.

Check how long workers were retained in the positions.

kingsolium:

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Kennedy97: 5:33am On Sep 08, 2021
lereinter:

You said safety in Kaduna is 7/10

Kaduna is like any other state capital

Indeed typical nigerians are demons

I am sure there is an almost in my statement!
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by linconby: 5:35am On Sep 08, 2021
You have to take security challenges in Kaduna right now, when there is life, there is hope. The most important things is that you seek for God's face before you take any step.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by sangresan(m): 5:39am On Sep 08, 2021
laiza:
Go to Kaduna my brother. Kaduna and Kano is the hub of business development and operations in the North. Ibadan is sitting on old glory of days past, I am a yoruba man but Oyo state is light years behind Kaduna state in terms of services and job. If not for Lagos, Ibadan wouldn't be how it is today. If Ibadan could pick up it should have done so by virtue of it's closeness to Lagos but the other Southwest state is really making it difficult but Kaduna, except for the insecurity is a really developed city and ancient too.

Also understand that 75% of anything produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North. Apart from Ibadan and ogbomoso I'm not sure there is any other city in Oyo state that can boast of economic activity...I stand corrected.. but in Kaduna you have cities like Zaria, Kafanchan and Kaduna North especially is a hub of economic activity on it's own. And there is the closeness it has with Abuja which is really important.

What is this one really saying?
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by sangresan(m): 5:40am On Sep 08, 2021
75% of things produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North?

Abi this one is talking about Northern Europe ni?
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by sangresan(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2021
So you honestly think working for an Agric company in Kaduna means he won't be traveling around the state? He will just stay in Kaduna City and be collecting the salary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Drdreyy: 5:56am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

Bro please link me up with a job. I studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering and graduated with second class upper division..

Please connect me. I have sent you a PM. Thanks .
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Myer(m): 6:02am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

You be hot cake oh. cool
My job often makes me shuttle between different states. Though I've not really stayed beyond a week straight in Kaduna but it was pretty safe and interesting.
Kaduna is divided into muslim and christian dominated parts. So there's some measure of understanding and relative peace.

It's safe if you position yourself appropriately.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by SeunNotOwner: 6:44am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

Besides what others have said, you will enjoy a comfortable life in Kaduna, food, transport, housing.
The insecurity and kidnapping is there but if you are living within the city, you are 100 percent secure. Even those in the city suburbs are not that worried.

In Kaduna, you can move 5km in public transport and pay N120. A
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by SeunNotOwner: 7:36am On Sep 08, 2021
Myer:

Kaduna is divided into muslim and christian dominated parts. So there's some measure of understanding and relative peace.

I love the bolder part
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Slurity(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
if I were you, I will stay back in Ibadan, I have not stayed in kaduna either but believe me when I say these things. 1. 150k per month in Ibadan is =400k per month in Lagos. 2. If you are a Yoruba man, Ibadan should give you more job security environment than kaduna. 3. If you you already have family or intend to have soon, stay back in Ibadan, your children's future is secured in Ibadan than kaduna. 4. In case you want to start personal business or building project that will need your close monitoring plus peace of mind, consider Ibadan above kaduna.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by EmmyBiggy(m): 8:13am On Sep 08, 2021
Give me 1m naira job in any northern state I'm not going period. There is every tendencies you will be shuttling within the northern states.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by sexymonkey(m): 8:56am On Sep 08, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
I think all these big coys in the north are now adding ransom to their staff salary. KD is not safe, I got a job that is ready to pay 2.5X of my current salary but when I considered the safety my response was capital NO.

So, stick to your 180k in Ibadan and eat "Amala sky" with peace of mind
please connect me to the job, even if it's Maiduguri I won't mind.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Rhozabeth(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2021
Bros just stay for Ibadan and eat amala in peace with that salary wey u think say e day small! I can tell u for free that Kaduna is 'hot'. I was there in January/February this year and i agreed to go becos my company provided very heavy military presence around everywhere we went to!
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by gentleibraheem(m): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2021
Abeg Where una dey see this kind Jobs na

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2021
Mercychen:

Amen.
Amen
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2021
yemi1504:

Will he ever hear like the proverbial d0g that has refused to hear the hunter's whistle? That is the million dollar question but the fact he brought it here shows he is trying to rationalize his money moves to Kaduna. Good luck o!
GOODLUCK to him anyways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by NNEWIsuper: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2021
bdon123:

We talking kd u talking of zaria.Zaria na place? mcheeew
KD is worse, is it chikun, igabi or airport road or abj kd Road, run ooo
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by djbabs242(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2021
I have stay in kaduna and kano for a long period of time but I can categorically advice you to choose Ibadan, very soon you will have your family and start raising children.
The nature of the Agriculture company we enable you to travel around the Kaduna as a whole including all those villages, well I’m sure you understand the nature of Nigeria insecurity!!!

Don’t be deceived Kaduna is good but Ibadan is the best option.

Currently I’m in the north if I see opportunity to choose I’ll gladly relocated to Ibadan even with an option of decrease in salary �����

Anyway pray before you finally make the decision.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Educationalserv: 10:51am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
so after abusing north and Northerners .now u want to shamelessly go and work in a region u prayed God should curse. You are not welcome. ingsolium: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
U and ur entire goddam northern youths and elders are bunch of bastards. You guys have nothing to offer to this country. Since the North took over power for many years, the country has never experienced and substantial positive growth. Northern FOOOOOOLLLLLLLLSSSSSS
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
IF YU DEY HEAR HHAUSA FORGET GOIN TO NORTH TO WORK grin KANA JI HAUSA? grin
WHO told you
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2021
Philip4564:
Op pls link me up to job even if it is Maiduguri I'll go
See how he is rejecting jobs
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Philip4564(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

See how he is rejecting jobs
abi now

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2021
Sofistcatdmoron:
Leave peacefull south go boko zone

I craze?

I mad?

Whats the different between the two salary structure
Will you shut up
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
I think all these big coys in the north are now adding ransom to their staff salary. KD is not safe, I got a job that is ready to pay 2.5X of my current salary but when I considered the safety my response was capital NO.

So, stick to your 180k in Ibadan and eat "Amala sky" with peace of mind
Bad advice
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2021
valves:
I think you should continue with your job in Ibadan because I don't think the difference in pay is enough to warrant the risk of insecurity and uncertainty (since you've never lived in the north). If you had no job at all I would have advised you to go to Kaduna.

I personally was born and brought up in Kaduna. I don't think it is worth it.
Bad advice
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2021
adubam:
I once stayed in Kaduna. Please forget what those bachelors up there are telling you. Have you ever thought of the kind of hostile environment your children and family members would live? Have you thought of how more hostile it will be when a Christian president ruling Nigeria and the reaction from those fanatics to your life - Yoruba, Igala, Edo Muslims are unbelievers to them, so you are not exempted if you fall into that category. Have you also thought of how difficult it will be for you to settle down there - i.e buying land, building house and other investment?

Listen good! Kaduna is a place where a Muslim child fighting with another Christian child can spark religious tension.

Please stay in your Ibadan and grow from there.

God bless you.
Bad advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Possible Impact Of The Emergence Of GMB On FAAN And NIS? / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net / Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.