Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? (37739 Views)

Lagos Job Of N50,000 Or Ibadan Job Of N50,000 / State Hospital Job At N260,000 Or Federal Hospital Job At N180,000? / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Djkings84: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2021
Zoom to Kaduna straight up, it is a great place to stay, develop and grow ur family, with food items relatively cheap.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Fatallet: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2021
To my own view,I will suggested you go for the one in Ibadan and never be so much attracted by the juicy salary in kaduna over the detrimental of your life, conspicuously life in kaduna right now is highly risk.

Kaduna would have becomes a better option because of some other good benefit embedded especially in the area of living expenses but insurgent has make it an unconsiderable option

Ibadan too is a nice place for you to stay and you will never feel regretted doing so, talking of safety,social life and living expenses is easy.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2021
oluku86:
Don't go to kaduna. It's dangerous out there. I live in the North and I'm Yoruba but we don't sleep with two eyes closed.
Moreover, most of the agricultural firm are sited in the bush, that is, banditry zone.
Hahahahaha
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:
Good morning house, pls I need your views and opinions on this subject matter.

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you
Sorry sir How many working years experience do you have? Na this kind of job I want
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by enonche85(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2021
kingsolium:

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you

I would advice you take the Kaduna offer. that's about 70% pay rise for you. Aside the insecurity issue plaguing all parts of the country, Kaduna is close to Abuja and is a wonderful city to live in on a very good day.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by silibaba: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2021
If I were you, I won't accept any. I will sit at home I enjoy MUMMY THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by karimusaa: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
TO ME, I WILL SAY IBADAN, THE INSECURITY IN THE NORTH IS WORRISOME. YOU CAN EVEN START AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS IN IBADAN. ABOVE ALL SPEAK WITH YOUR SPIRITUAL FATHER/MOTHER AND THANK ME LATER.
kingsolium:

Thank you
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by faceland: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
Go to Kaduna.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by mercyland93(m): 4:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Pls take the Kaduna own ooo. No long reason am at all. There are several save places u could live in for KD. Just ensure u keep off from trouble.
Also, u ll av enough to save urself and family.

But, I'll be so glad if u could connect me to any of the two working sectors. (Thanks).
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by bdon123(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2021
NNEWIsuper:

kingsolium don't mind this fellow, I just ran away from zaria. Bandits are on rampage in kaduna state. Infact I was attacked in kaduna and luckily escaped. Op is not worth it, this dude I just quoted doesn't know where kaduna is or what it is up to right now.
Young man ,my wife n kids are in kd.Also ,i have lived there for over 7yrs.I grew up in Lagos,av lived in abuja and schooled in Awka Ibom.So av been round d country technically.Kaduna is a town u can walk at night n nothing will happen to u Jst make sure u keep d walk to Kaduna south LGA or Chikun LGA
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by bdon123(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2021
haslaw:

Apart from Barnawa, those other locations are gettos
Hav u been to Kamazou GRA or KSDPC estate Ungwan Maigero.Barnawa is nice n safe yes...bt dont call everywhere else a ghetto jst becos they lack night life as good as barnawa has
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by bdon123(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2021
Jolomenas:
lol what of Unguwan rimi/sarki/dosa
Governor road, legislative quaters
Those are highly developed and peaceful areas
Yes they are,bt zero night life n enjoyment.Those locations are for old retired men
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by haslaw(m): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
yemi1504:

Stop with these nonsense assertion you are bandying about Ibadan! I was born and bred there! At least Ibadan never has a crisis reputation like Kaduna SMH.
stolen

Oga, Ibadan is a very dangerous and evil city with ritualists all over the city and environs. Children and adults gets kidnaped and stolen everyday. Crises in Kaduna are very rare and may not happen in over a decade, even when it happens, it is only restricted to pockets areas within the state. Meanwhile, Ibadan has a crises and epidemic of kidnappers for rituals all the time.

have you forgotten the cases of Ibadan Forest of Horror or the one of the Ibadan House of Horror and many others too numerous to mention.

Ibadan is a very dangerous and vile place to live in and I am saying this out of experience as i have lived in the city for nearly 10 years.

Ibadan House of Horror
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26721112

Ibadan Forrest of Horror
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan_forest_of_horror

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by NNEWIsuper: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
bdon123:

Young man ,my wife n kids are in kd.Also ,i have lived there for over 7yrs.I grew up in Lagos,av lived in abuja and schooled in Awka Ibom.So av been round d country technically.Kaduna is a town u can walk at night n nothing will happen to u Jst make sure u keep d walk to Kaduna south LGA or Chikun LGA
Not anymore, you have old story not recent event. Infact most schools are shut and the govt wants to shut telecom masts too. Please verify from those of us who just left
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by bdon123(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
NNEWIsuper:

Not anymore, you have old story not recent event. Infact most schools are shut and the govt wants to shut telecom masts too. Please verify from those of us who just left
Bro i was in kd last month ,been there d last 4 months.will be there nxt month again.Am aware of schl shutdown.Some schls are still open including d one my child attends.Bro Nigeria as a whole is not safe,parts of kd are not safe truly ...bt Kd south areas such as Barnawa,highcost, Kamazou ....sabo n so many more are very safe
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by DonroxyII: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Kindly move already to Kaduna... But you forget to mention your role, you only mentioned remuneration ......... Also, whether you will go to remote site ..... if its metropolis stay in Kaduna ... if you will go remote like Farm site .... stay in Ibadan ....

Olohun a wa pelu e oo !
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by pbae: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
A beg stay in Ibadan, its better safe than sorry. 55k difference isn't worth the risks
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by adedam23(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

Ok, I have lived in Ibadan for several years, and kaduna (state capital) for a year.

I would say concerning the cost and standard of living isn't much different, you'll blend in easily. However, considering the pay of the job, you may want to go for Kaduna job. But considering insecurity in the country, you may want to stay in Ibadan. Considering economic activities, no much difference also... Just as Lagos help Ibadan small, na hin Abuja and Kano help Kaduna small too. Nothing much, but there are more companies in Kaduna (quite a number of them have shut down sha).

However, I go like get your contact, e get something wey I wan discuss with you.

08163325031, here text me on WhatsApp
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Gentlealibu: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
NNEWIsuper:

kingsolium don't mind this fellow, I just ran away from zaria. Bandits are on rampage in kaduna state. Infact I was attacked in kaduna and luckily escaped. Op is not worth it, this dude I just quoted doesn't know where kaduna is or what it is up to right now.
Guy, where do you stay in kd? Where were you attacked in kd? I just adviced him not to take the job if he would be sent to farms outside the metropolis. Anyway it's his choice to make not yours.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
IF YU NoDEY HEAR HHAUSA FORGET GOIN TO NORTH TO WORK.NA HAUSA DEM USE WRITE REPORT TO UNDERSTAND WELL grin KANA JI HAUSA? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Aptitude Test Questions / Without A Job Yet? Learn These 5 Top Skills And Get A Job!!! / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.