Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? (38361 Views)

Lagos Job Of N50,000 Or Ibadan Job Of N50,000 / State Hospital Job At N260,000 Or Federal Hospital Job At N180,000? / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Teejaney88(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
santakris:
OP if you choose Kaduna just be saving o. E get why
lol...
Tell him o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:
Good morning house, pls I need your views and opinions on this subject matter.

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you
bro if u miss dis kd opportunity, ur village pipo dey real oooo. If u make up ur mind dm.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by smasher1(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you

It depends on the job. If 259 is gross, don't be surprised that net could be a little above 200 or around 200k.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tranquility2345: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Take the Kaduna job. More money for you. But just make sure you write your obituary and a correct will before going cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Kennedy97: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
NNEWIsuper:

Kaduna capital is worse, is it igabi, or chikun which are part of the capital. Will he be flying? Abuja KD express road is littered with bandits.

What about afaka, NDA and airport road right inside town prone to attacks. You don't know KD so just shut up.

kingsolium don't mind this fellow, I just ran away from zaria. Bandits are on rampage in kaduna state. Infact I was attacked in kaduna and luckily escaped. Op is not worth it, this dude I just quoted doesn't know where kaduna is or what it is up to right now.

Oga stop spamming rubbish

All this things you are saying is nonsense
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Stamagba(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please drop me the link of the job in Kaduna. I will take the risk.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by smasher1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
joeking2222:

Abeg, for where una dey see all this great jobs for this Nigeria? Abeg for Christ sake, Make una connect me, as i no get job so. Abi as i broke so, una like am?

I no like am o.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by bdon123(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
NNEWIsuper:

kingsolium don't mind this fellow, I just ran away from zaria. Bandits are on rampage in kaduna state. Infact I was attacked in kaduna and luckily escaped. Op is not worth it, this dude I just quoted doesn't know where kaduna is or what it is up to right now.
We talking kd u talking of zaria.Zaria na place? mcheeew
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tranquility2345: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
immortalityk:

can I come from Lagos to Kaduna for job?

Yes you can. Just write your obituary give your family before going cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by GROWTHSET(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
I was a KD bread,my school was in kaduna,I am currently in Lagos,If I have an opportunity,I will move to KD as fundly call . Forget about the Media and planted story by some seeking for aslylum abroad.Lagos is not as secure compared to KD. Find accommodation in an estate
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tranquility2345: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

This is how you feel about Muslims and northerners and you dey contemplate moving to Kaduna? You be real ewugambia cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Judolisco(m): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
omo arbi some of una dey crase ni same kaduna that they abducted over a thousand kids dis year alone na him some people dey advise u say make u go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by des4ella(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Go to Kaduna it's a relatively nice place to stay and grow. I use God beg u, when looking for Accommodation plz no pass Barnawa, Romi, gonigora and Sabo side e get why...
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by doublex10: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
I will advice you take up the kaduna job. Reasons: very lively, relatively peaceful, low cost of living and agric business opportunities if you have the connections back there in Ibadan etc. Originally from Ogbomoso but resident in Kano. You can holla me if you need more details.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Theoarhics: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
259k no go reach take pay for ransome for kaduna oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by kenex4ever(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tell ur current boss that you are leaving to start working with another company that are offering you a higher pay. He might increase ur salary to something better, if he doesnt then, go to KD
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by 2kurupt(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
Am sure money is the only motivation why most persons are saying move to Kaduna.

There's more to career growth than just renumeration, what is the long term prospects of career and personal development between the both jobs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by vexing(m): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
I lived almost all of my life in Kaduna. I did my primary and secondary school in Kaduna. My parents currently reside in Kaduna but I am now based in Osun State. I will advise you to remain in Ibadan with the 175k job than to move to Kaduna. I can give you more than 20 reason to remain in Ibadan
(1) insecurity- your family members would be afraid to visit you over there.
(2) your children will grow in an environment full of uncertainty
(3) no social life anymore. There is no cinemas or shopping malls.
(4) Christmas and Easter always boring because of security issues.
(5) you can not live in the Porsche areas because they are not safe. The areas that are safe for non indigenes are not beautiful except for barnawa.
(6) business is no longer moving as before
(7) stupid government policy especially from the present governor.

I can go on and on. My brother abeg stay for Ibadan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Kokaine(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Ibadan..

My close friends house was struck by kidnappers in Kaduna few days to his wedding.

Now today my colleagues brothers wife and kid were kidnapped early hours in Kaduna.

NDA in Kaduna was attacked.

Even welders and domestic hustlers have been kidnapped for 200k to 400k

A female student was kidnapped in Kaduna.

Stay in ibadan and enjoy black or white amala and ewedu. I prefer it with dràw soup though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Fadayomideji: 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
don't go and give urself prblm because of money. No where is save in Nigeria buy u will still live a happy life @ Oyo than that of Kaduna.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by lookingfly: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
oga just stay in ibadan, that's where you're used too. Give me the agro job make i move sharperly cheesy
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by olaolaking: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Oga go to Kaduna.
Forget about what people in Alaigbo are telling you about there
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Awesomeelly(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
I have llved in Kaduna for the most part of my life and I can tell u that only the outskirts of kd are kinda insecure but the capital and other LGAs around around the capital are super safe.
I live around the capital and most times come back home around 9pm. So nothing to worry abt as far as the job is in the capital..
Over to u.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Rtopzy(f): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
Come to Kaduna joor, lemme have a Nairalander friend.... But where is the company located? Safety first, not everywhere in Kaduna is safe.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Heybeedee(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
laiza:
Go to Kaduna my brother. Kaduna and Kano is the hub of business development and operations in the North. Ibadan is sitting on old glory of days past, I am a yoruba man but Oyo state is light years behind Kaduna state in terms of services and job. If not for Lagos, Ibadan wouldn't be how it is today. If Ibadan could pick up it should have done so by virtue of it's closeness to Lagos but the other Southwest state is really making it difficult but Kaduna, except for the insecurity is a really developed city and ancient too.

Also understand that 75% of anything produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North. Apart from Ibadan and ogbomoso I'm not sure there is any other city in Oyo state that can boast of economic activity...I stand corrected.. but in Kaduna you have cities like Zaria, Kafanchan and Kaduna North especially is a hub of economic activity on it's own. And there is the closeness it has with Abuja which is really important.
closeness with kano too
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by icebergtoby(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Bro kaduna Town is very safe. Northern Kaduna is where their is insecurity.
Kaduna is cheaper to live than ibadan. Go for kad
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by lereinter(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kennedy97:
Bros I don't know about your job or how business is in kaduna

But on a scale of 1-10 I will rate kaduna as

Safety 7
Liveliness 8

Forget what you have heard kaduna is almost like every other state capital in this country

You said safety in Kaduna is 7/10

Kaduna is like any other state capital

Indeed typical nigerians are demons
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Akexstinger(m): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Baba, kaduna is not cheap as they make it look oh! Houses in Barnawa are very expensive and they are old houses. The kidnappings on Zaria road, abuja -kaduna road and other roads are real. So places like gonin Gora and nnpc area and sabo areas have also come under heavy kidnappings. These areas are Christian areas. The kidnappings happen all the time and weekly on monthly . Just last 4 days , the rule of dutse town along abuja kaduna expressway near olam was kidnapped in his house and some persons were also shot.
That money you are looking at in kaduna, can make you lose all your life savings just because of one single kidnap, you have to bail yourself .
Job opportunities are also scare in kaduna , it is difficult to get another job in kaduna because the companies here are just too few. And one thing again is that when you come here, you will start relaxing and not be up and doing anymore ( nothing to compete for). The only thing you can enjoy in kaduna is your ability to go to school without stress. Stay in your ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by McOluOmo: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Jolomenas:

Where you dey stay for kaduna?
na for sabon gari i dey hustle for this week bro

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by toye440: 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
alfarouq:

Company is most likely Afex, Babbangona or Thrive agric. The base of operation is most likely Zaria that is where most of their staff are resident. Apart from recent surge in Kidnapping, Zaria is a peaceful town. The bandits usually have people they are targeting and I doubt you will make their list any time soon. Life itself is a risk
Not even the aforementioned companies would pay that amount for a starter, except if its a top position. Only Bayer can pay that amount.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Philip4564(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
IMASTEX:

shocked No now! It hasn't gotten to that extent. Safety of your life is first abeg. May the Lord make a way for you.
Amen
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ramatintin(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
Go kaduna make bandits kidnap you then your brain go correct.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Sordid Experience As A Female Lawyer Job Hunting. / 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / Hilarious Vacancy: 'Man With Strong Face Needed' (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.