Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? (37793 Views)

Lagos Job Of N50,000 Or Ibadan Job Of N50,000 / State Hospital Job At N260,000 Or Federal Hospital Job At N180,000? / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by TWLifestyle: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
When its time to abuse buhari and elrufai people will be talking.like kaduna Is worse than afghanistan . Now that it is money matter we are now realising that kaduna is not that bad .. awon Alakori.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Chory: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
aylive02:
safety first. Forget the amount you will make in KD. Devil wey you don know tey tey better pass sexy angel wet you just dey meet
Kaduna is not bad oooo, I stay in kd, cost of living is very ok compared to many states in Nija and if you are lucky to stay in Chikun LG around Barnawa or Sabo area.. My brother you won't go back again oooo

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
Mercychen:
What's the difference? Is the difference between both salaries worth your safety and life?

Have you thought of how to cope when you get there since you have no one there? Which makes it even more difficult in getting a place and easier to fall into wrong hands.

Do you even know why nobody took the job up till now they had to offer it to you?

What if you take it, and they start their crises? Where or who will you run to?Are you a northerner?

Just stay put where you are.
Let them give it to their indigenes or someone who's based there.

I have been to both states.

I will chose Kaduna.

The only thing is once I want to leave Kaduna, I will book a flight.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by JONSYN7154: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
Jackbaur88:
So long they are salary jobs, I advise you to go for Kaduna and get your accommodation south which Include Sabo, Barnawa, Narayi high cost there you will meet a mini Nigeria as every tribe is domiciled Igbos, Yorubas and other ethic groups who Christians.
Economically, cost of housing and living is cheaper there too.
I am in Lagos now, operate my business in Oyo, I have stayed in KD before and still go there for business

Some people will put fear in him not to go for the job in Kaduna. Kaduna is a calm state.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by zicoraads: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
My advice is for you to look at the both jobs and weigh which one has a clear career growth. It should not be much about the city. Both cities are good. Both are somewhat the same in terms of cost of living. Some may say Ibadan is safer and they may be right, but even Ibadan has its security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Otunski: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
Bro if I were in your shoes I will take Ibadan. Kaduna is becoming like Afghanistan. The roads to KD are something else in terms of insecurity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tomahawk99(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Davash222:

No where in Nigeria is safe.

Ibadan is not safer than Kaduna.

OP, move to Kaduna. It's called Money moves.
Ibadan is not safer than Kaduna? You must be living in an alternate universe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:
Good morning house, pls I need your views and opinions on this subject matter.

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you

Go to Kaduna but rent apartment in a safe location
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by freegaza(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you
How did you arrive at the 230k net from 259k gross salary?

I don't think the net will be upto 230k after tax, pension and NHF deduction
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Handsomebb: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
Link me to the one you won't be needing.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by xtervaganza(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
You better stay in Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by BeardedMeat(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
frozen70:

For the money go to Kaduna but for the crisis and crime their, stay in Ibadan
The money is just 84k difference o.
Hmmmm

Op!

OYO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tomahawk99(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
JONSYN7154:

Some people will put fear in him not to go for the job in Kaduna. Kaduna is a calm state.
Kaduna is not a calm state. So the news of bandits, southern kaduna, kidnap and recently NDA is a sign of calmness?
Stop misleading him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by agent01(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Don't relocate to Kaduna now. Manage Ibadan job with peace of mind. Your 5 years Salary won't be able to pay ransom in Kaduna if bandits kidnap you. A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by greggng: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

My opinion is very simple. Safety first I prefer a 1naira job in ibadan than 1milliion pay in the north . I am a realist....I don't deceive myself . The north is invested with bomoharam and kidnappers ...I love myself . Everything is not all about money safety first .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

I have been to both states.

I will chose Kaduna.

The only thing is once I want to leave Kaduna, I will book a flight.

Why book a flight?
Have you not ended up coming to my side of the argument?
And if the person can't afford a flight, he goes by road and meets his doom??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by xtervaganza(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
laiza:
Go to Kaduna my brother. Kaduna and Kano is the hub of business development and operations in the North. Ibadan is sitting on old glory of days past, I am a yoruba man but Oyo state is light years behind Kaduna state in terms of services and job. If not for Lagos, Ibadan wouldn't be how it is today. If Ibadan could pick up it should have done so by virtue of it's closeness to Lagos but the other Southwest state is really making it difficult but Kaduna, except for the insecurity is a really developed city and ancient too.

Also understand that 75% of anything produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North. Apart from Ibadan and ogbomoso I'm not sure there is any other city in Oyo state that can boast of economic activity...I stand corrected.. but in Kaduna you have cities like Zaria, Kafanchan and Kaduna North especially is a hub of economic activity on it's own. And there is the closeness it has with Abuja which is really important.
another Omo ale who points to his father's house with left hand.

Kadjna better than Ibadan? Which Ibadan? Which kadjna? O ni kuure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Salt06(m): 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Pls which org in kd is this. I for need this kain job o. Based here
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by JONSYN7154: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Kaduna is not a calm state. So the news of bandits, southern kaduna, kidnap and recently NDA is a sign of calmness?
Stop misleading him.
like seriously, I was born and brought up in Kaduna. Forget what you hear on news bro.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by mikaael(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
laiza:
Go to Kaduna my brother. Kaduna and Kano is the hub of business development and operations in the North. Ibadan is sitting on old glory of days past, I am a yoruba man but Oyo state is light years behind Kaduna state in terms of services and job. If not for Lagos, Ibadan wouldn't be how it is today. If Ibadan could pick up it should have done so by virtue of it's closeness to Lagos but the other Southwest state is really making it difficult but Kaduna, except for the insecurity is a really developed city and ancient too.

Also understand that 75% of anything produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North. Apart from Ibadan and ogbomoso I'm not sure there is any other city in Oyo state that can boast of economic activity...I stand corrected.. but in Kaduna you have cities like Zaria, Kafanchan and Kaduna North especially is a hub of economic activity on it's own. And there is the closeness it has with Abuja which is really important.

Did you consider his safety in all this suggestions considering the security situation in the north

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
if you are brucelee with a touch of Hit man (pun intended)
abeg go kaduna

but if you aren't any of those
go to ibadan jejely

God is our protector though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tomahawk99(m): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
Considering how tense and divided the country is am shocked someone is considering to go live in Kaduna.
Kaduna is one of the most volatile states in Nigeria, small thing fight don start, add that to the activities of boko haram aka bandits.
Don't let anyone fool you that Kaduna is safe, ask NDA personel.
I witnessed the Kaduna riot live in year 2000 and it lasted for a month. I don't wish my enemy to witness such nightmare, most of those urging you on i bet have never been to Kaduna.
Use your head and work in ibadan.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by legba1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
i just read in awe of what folks who have not left their comfort zones are telling you here....yes i understand no where id realy safe realistically but, going to KD is off limit. the line between you getting killed and staying alive is very thin.....your not getting shot behind the wheel of your toyota hilux pickup when travelling between KD -ABJ.....KD-ZARIA....KD- SOUTHERN KD like kafanchan,kachi et al is seriously slim

You can enjoy your peace in oyo and environs with your 175k or jump at the 259k offer and probably be sent home in a body bag or worst not found at all when the bloody bandit pick you on the hi way kachi or one of those places.

Note that i have been there but now back home in oyo managing my farm jeje

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ThothHermes: 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
It is not given to man to order his steps.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by wajaja: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

I'm currently working and staying in Kaduna. I'm also from lagos. Although, I have been here since 2016...kaduna is a good place to stay if u dnt mind all the news u are hearing about security....house rent, transportation and food are on the cheaper side..if u are the social type that loves hanging out, there are cool spots and with little money u enjoy urself. Its a nice place to build a life.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by irepat1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Go for the Kaduna Job.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tomahawk99(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
JONSYN7154:
like seriously, I was born and brought up in Kaduna. Forget what you hear on news bro.
You mean we should forget the killings and kidnappings going on in Kaduna?
Oga leave sentiments abeg Kaduna is not safe. No be only you live for Kaduna.
So southern kaduna people are not getting killed, NDA was not attacked and no school in Kaduna was invaded by bandits?
Oga fear God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Ayomi90: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
djbabs242:
CCV

Bro kaduna is very nice and sweet compared to all the news you are hear , but if I’ll advise you go and pray about it, let God direct you.
Currently I’m based in north and I have stayed in kaduna very well.
If I’m to choose I’ll prayerfully appreciate Ibadan to the best of my knowledge o.
May God direct you bro
So ppl just sit down and make up bad news about Kaduna? Dey there dey f00l urself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by funshint(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Don't be enticed solely by money. Pure common sense should tell you that going North is not a place to be considered, most especially a place you're not familiar with for now. You think most people that got kidnapped or killed in Kaduna weren't careful enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by adeiza4u(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
First, please pray about it for God's perfect direction. My advice? Ask about where you'll be staying in KD if you wish to take the job. Some areas aren't safe in Kaduna o. I'm presently living in Kaduna and I know what is up here. However, we have some Christian dominated areas that are still OK. So ask.

PS: if you decide not to take the job in Kaduna, please help a helpless brother. We could reach an agreement on how much I'll pay you monthly from the salary please.
My mail: adeizawrites@gmail.com
kingsolium:

Thank you
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Suremikky(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
bdon123:
Goto Kaduna.Life is cheaper and easier.Take this from a brother that works outside naija bt lives in Kaduna.Also,if living at Kaduna,better u stay at Kaduna south locations such as Barnawa , Highcost,sabo,Kamazou Ungwa maigero.They are extremely safe areas to live in.Ibadan is also a nice city,bt ur money will hav more value in kd.

Exactly wat i wanted to say...living in the sourthern side of Kaduna is as good as living in Lagos or Abuja.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by angelfallz(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Don't your have friends that are live in Kaduna?
I would advise you go to Kaduna.

kingsolium:

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Possible Impact Of The Emergence Of GMB On FAAN And NIS? / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net / Damco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.