Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria (5630 Views)

Bishop Ugokwe Ugochukwu Hails Joe Igbokwe For Contributing To Church Project / Why Are Ibo Billionaires Not Contributing To Covid 19 / 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by blamingthedevil: 11:06am On Sep 07, 2021
More than half of Nigeria’s VAT comes from Lagos

Speaking at the parley between the federal government and progressive governors forum (PGF) in Abuja on Tuesday, Adeosun said the 87 percent of Nigeria’s VAT is derived from four states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

In other words, only 13 percent of Nigeria’s VAT comes from 32 other states in the federation.

According to her no country in the world with high tax compliance rate is poor, and no rich country has a low tax compliance rate.

Quoting current VAT collection data across Nigeria, the minister said “55% of Nigeria’s VAT is collected in Lagos State. 20% in FCT, 6% in Rivers, 5% in Kano, 1% in Kaduna”.

“I’m hoping that one day Finance Commissioners will stop needing to come to Abuja monthly to share FAAC, because IGR (internally generated revenue) will be sufficient.”

Lagos-55%
FCT-20%
Rivers-6%
Kano-5%
Kaduna-1%

https://www.thecable.ng/adeosun-half-nigerias-vat-comes-lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by ryloy: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Hmnnnn..this one loud o
Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by amc: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2021
And the ones contributing nothing are the loudest on social media. Why are they so happy when their states would be losing out?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Seniorwriter(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2021
Interesting

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Onepeople: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2021
When you decided to move the headquarters of national and multinational companies to Lagos and Abuja, you now turned around expect magic from other states,no be juju be that.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by ryloy: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Onepeople:
When you decided to move the headquarters of national and multinational companies to Lagos and Abuja, you now turned around expect magic from other states,no be juju be that.

So what about Kano and Kaduna that are doing better

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nigercity: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2021
All these yemi bureau the statics
From Lagos Ibadan Express media self

Anyway, I don't blame them
I blame they eastern people that loves avoiding taxes

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Onepeople: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2021
amc:
And the ones contributing nothing are the loudest on social media. Why are they so happy when their states would be losing out?
they own most of those companies that generate most of this revenue. Can you understand it now?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by InaNla(f): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2021
[s]
Onepeople:
[/s]

Parasitic statement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by amc: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2021
Onepeople:
they own most of those companies that generate most of this revenue. Can you understand it now?

Really? Which companies are generating most of the VAT revenue?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2021
Even the Kano and Kaduna na just quota sham they always add to buttress it's hype

Anambra, ogun, comes before them without sentiment

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by ryloy: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2021
Mikecold:
Even the Kano and Kaduna na just quota sham they always add to buttress it's hype
In essence, Kano contribute more than the whole South East... which one is qouta for revenue generation?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2021
ryloy:

So what about Kano and Kaduna that are doing better
Kano kaduna grin I laugh at you for falling for these northern sham

Same Kano that road transport drivers still pay #50 tax per day

Same north which it's biggest export is cow yet receives no tax from it

10 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2021
[s]
ryloy:

In essence, Kano contribute more than the whole South East.
[/s]

Anambra, Abia generates more revenue than Kano, Kaduna

Kano, kaduna only appears to justify receiving huge allocation

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Sunnybay7: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2021
Ogun state alone generates more than kano and Kaduna combined.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2021
ryloy:

In essence, Kano contribute more than the whole South East... which one is qouta for revenue generation?
That's y every state should collect vat so we can see Kano n kaduna like paradise

10 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2021
Kano and kaduna??

After destroying alcohol and other goods coming from South??

Fake statistics

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2021
Mikecold:
[s][/s]

Anambra, Abia generates more revenue than Kano, Kaduna

Kano, kaduna only appears to justify receiving huge allocation
Kano is unquestionable!! But imagine kaduna having more VAT than Ogun and Anambra?? Even Edo and Abia should top that list

7 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2021
blamingthedevil:

“I’m hoping that one day Finance Commissioners will stop needing to come to Abuja monthly to share FAAC, because IGR (internally generated revenue) will be sufficient.”

Since government has refused to restructure the country, the Governors has taken it upon themselves to do that!

It has began!

13 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Grgton:
Kano is unquestionable!! But imagine kaduna having more VAT than Ogun and Anambra?? Even Edo and Abia should top that list
Dont be deceived Kano no get Shi Shi

This is a state that road transport workers was still paying meagre #50 in 2021 for tax while state like Enugu collect as much as #500 a day

So how is Kano making money?

They don't tax cattle, food crops, which industry dey Kano that is half of anambra

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
Grgton:
My dear, e tire me!

Before now, the narrative was that after Lagos State, it's Ogun State!

How did it change all of a sudden

Even Kano, how Don't tell me about university cause virtually every state now have that and are doing well too!

Modified:
DubaiLandLord:
IGR is different from VAT
From a layman's view, no be the amount of IGR go determine how plenty VAT go be

9 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

My dear, e tire me!

l thought El rufai has exposed how this things work with the jamb expose

North simply award numbers to themselves so as to continue to compete in audio

10 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Mikecold:
l thought El rufai has exposed how this things work with the jamb expose

North simply award numbers to themselves so as to continue to compete in audio

Hmmmm El-rufai only stated the obvious

Perhaps that was why it didn't trend that much!

It's only a child yet to be born that doesn't know that's it's quota system that has been helping those guys!

Look at the best brains around the world, you will hardly see a northerner! Not hating, just stating the obvious!

11 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Hmmmm El-rufai only stated the obvious

Perhaps that was why it didn't trend that much!

It's only a child yet to be born that doesn't know that's it's quota system that has been helping those guys!

Look at the best brains around the world, you will hardly see a northerner! Not hating, just stating the obvious!
If quota system fit enter education just to compete with south

Is it mere revealing numbers in these stupid data's they won't play politics with?

Numbers and data is even the areas they play the most politics at?

Shebi ogun own don shock you now, they simply hate the narrative that two southern west states occupy such spot

So politically Abuja that is not viable like ogun should come second since it's north and figure head capital

Anambra and Abia is more viable than Kano Kaduna, they have been lying to you, it's all politics of hatred

East is developing by it's people, these are the people viable to pay tax

Kano, kaduna sits and wait for government because it's people are not viable to be taxed

10 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
The figures flying around are just funny. I am hoping this VAT thing is implemented by all states and let’s see how oluwole statistics will save people. Apart from Lagos state which everyone agrees is self sufficient, we shall see others . I hope seriously that it is implemented and we shall see how badly SE states will do.

3 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Fuckyoumod: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Speaking at the parley between the federal government and progressive governors forum (PGF) in Abuja on Tuesday, Adeosun said the 87 percent of Nigeria’s VAT is derived from four states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

In other words, only 13 percent of Nigeria’s VAT comes from 32 other states in the federation.

According to her no country in the world with high tax compliance rate is poor, and no rich country has a low tax compliance rate.

Quoting current VAT collection data across Nigeria, the minister said “55% of Nigeria’s VAT is collected in Lagos State. 20% in FCT, 6% in Rivers, 5% in Kano, 1% in Kaduna”.

Lagos-55%
FCT-20%
Rivers-6%
Kano-5%
Kaduna-1%

This nonsense can only come from a crazy street Arab.

5 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Lagos-55%
FCT-20%
Rivers-6%
Kano-5%
Kaduna-1%

This is an old news

1 Like

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

My dear, e tire me!

Even Kano, how Don't tell me about university cause virtually every state now have that and are doing well too!

3 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by poiZon: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
amc:
U r not crying more than the bereaved.
We want to lose.
Is it ur loss?

1 Like

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by poiZon: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
From VAT u get ur IGR

2 Likes

Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
poiZon:

From VAT u get ur IGR
I agree.
Re: Top Five VAT Contributing States In Nigeria by GerogeI(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
One of the issue you people will face is that once Lagos states starts collecting VAT, then the other states will impose VAT on imported items distributed to their states, and insist that VAT be paid at the place of final consumption.

Then you will see that in all its magnificence, Lagos State does not consume more than 10% of supplies to the country. It is only a hub, and cannot charge VAT on goods being distributed to other states since VAT is actually paid by the consumer.

In terms of local manufacturing Ogun and Anambra are better placed than Lagos.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / Tell Me The Real Age Of This Man And Go Home With Five Million Naira. / Amaechi: Did Bashir El-Rufai Just Reveal Buhari's Anointed Candidate? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.