Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,449 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets (44597 Views)

Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday (Pictures) / Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Husband’s Posthumous Birthday / New Look Of Helen Prest-Ajayi 41 Years After Winning Former Miss Nigeria In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ayo2004:

Keep on deceiving yourself
Everybody knows Nigerian men die earlier than their wives due to the bukata they carry so all this your propangada to balance it is rubbish

The truth is that women married that man to enjoy his money during his lifetime and most likely planned how she go chop life after his death

No Nigerian woman has ever agreed to be the 2nd wife of a man poorer than her
Lol... It seems that hate has been emblemed into your DNA... Whatever sick story you have there in your head about women it's best if you just let it go... There is no time that Helen married for money, the woman is an accomplished woman who head a well know media house and pls don't forget She is the grand daughter of Authur Prest.. she was born into money dude... At 61 years old she's better than most sick wacko that you drink beer with.

6 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Tedpgrass:

24 not 35yrs to be precise

Tor!.... I never knew.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Aganju849: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Sirpaul:
Who filed for divorce in the previous marriage??
OP try dey get full story pls

The man didn't divorce his first wife and he never married Helen Prest, not even traditionally....I guess he did not leave a will
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ndipe(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
That's rude to call her a thief. She was the first wife of the deceased and they were not legally divorced, hence, she is entitled to inherit his estate under the law.

superior1:
I guess the woman who has been separated from the Doc for 35years now wants to come and claim entitlement. Thief

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by petitejolie(f): 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
superior1:
I guess the woman who has been separated from the Doc for 35years now wants to come and claim entitlement. Thief
I tell you. Although not a thief Sha. But wondering where the energy was, wen she left that long and didn't move for peace
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ayo2004: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
Doradorwa:
Lol... It seems that hate has been emblemed into your DNA... Whatever sick story you have there in your head about women it's best if you just let it go... There is no time that Helen married for money, the woman is an accomplished woman who head a well know media house and pls don't forget She is the grand daughter of Authur Prest.. she was born into money dude... At 61 years old she's better than most sick wacko that you drink beer with.
Now,u want to shift goalpost grin
Before,you were defending how she "deserved" the funds to take care of the child Asif she was starving now you are ranting about how wealthy she is...

What is wrong about you admitting she is going to take the late man's funds
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Christistruth00: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Empiree:
BREAKING....

Christianity Destroyed Nigeria.

Watch Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pot5q6J4Hk

Are Boko Haram and the Bandits Christians ?

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by cococandy(f): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Story is unclear. Is there a reason why she shouldn’t get 100% of the assests? As the wife and with the man dead , she owns everything. 100% of it.

Unless
1) they were divorced
2) he had outside investors in the assets and the businesses weren’t run as a family business
3)he has grown children to whom he shared his wealth to include the wife

It’s incomplete. Why was it even I court?
Shoddy journalism

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ayo2004:

Now,u want to shift goalpost grin
Before,you were defending how she "deserved" the funds to take care of the child Asif she was starving now you are ranting about how wealthy she is...

What is wrong about you admitting she is going to take the late man's funds
Perhaps now you lack the comprehensive skill, I was butressing my point with the child, if a woman have a child for a man in the Africa way she is entitled to some things after the man death and this is mainly to secure the child future. A lot of those properties might as well be built well she was with the man. Marriage comes with responsibility, it comes with ' I own you and you own me'. And this applies to a companion of 25 years. Irrespective of the financial status of either the wife, this is what our culture has ruled out..... And moreover I believe the family court has settled the case? what's with you then?...

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
The law has no conscience, know this and know peace. If the man had a will perhaps the outcome would have been different. But he died interstate the next of kin gets everything or in this case half. It is an open and shut case.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by smallsmall: 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
The judge granted the 13 reliefs sought by the applicants following the respondents’ failure to controvert them.

However, it is a settled law that evidence not controverted is deemed admitted. All the reliefs sought in this application are hereby granted as prayed.

Basically, this is what we call a JANKARA JUDGEMENT, the type Landlords use to employ, to remove stubborn tenants in those days.
The Suit was deliberately lodged against those that have "no interest" (locus standi) in pursuing the matter so and the yeyee Judge could not point that out, only to give a DEFAULT Judgement!

All these ExParte Motion Nigerian Judges sef. angry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ayo2004: 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Doradorwa:
Perhaps now you lack the comprehensive skill, I was butressing my point with the child, if a woman have a child for you even in the Africa way she is entitled to some things after the man death and this is mainly to secure the child future. A lot of those properties might as well be built well she was with the man. Marriage comes with responsibility, it comes with ' I own you and you own me'. And this applies to a companion of 25 years. Irrespective of the financial status of either the wife, this is what our culture has ruled out..... Gosh...
Okay,what is the man entitled to since he is the one that made that woman become a mother?All women know is I deserve this,I am entitled to this,you are supposed to give me this and that..even after the man's death

That point on the woman always helping the man build the properties and a successful woman being behind a successful man is rubbish.Wheb a wife achieve something (even though we all know it is from the finance and help from her husband),it's still you and other women that will be quick to label her an independent woman but if it's a man,you will say she helped build when in reality,women are the ones taking and taking from their husbands in different aspect

Stop saying nonsense
In Nigeria,it's never "I own you,you own me",for women,it is "what is yours is mine but what is mine is mine" in most cases and u know it
Do husbands and wives share equally among themselves?It is common knowledge that the woman are usually the ones taking so abeg,don't bring that here

U seem to be the one being bias
Marriage favours the woman and thats my point from the beginning even though I put it in a funny way
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by smallsmall: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
Women are just naturally Greedy, always preying on Men.
its getting worse by the day, with the aid of some "SIMP" Men

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by vertueptime: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
It's NOT

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by smallsmall: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
cococandy:
Story is unclear. Is there a reason why she shouldn’t get 100% of the assests? As the wife and with the man dead , she owns everything. 100% of it.

Unless
1) they were divorced
2) he had outside investors in the assets and the businesses weren’t run as a family business
3)he has grown children to whom he shared his wealth to include the wife

It’s incomplete. Why was it even I court?
Shoddy journalism

Aaahah, See as the Gold-digging Gang don show face o! shocked shocked
Go and Slap that Judge and give her everything.
Work, they wont! All they are created for is Vagina-advantage.
Use Vagina to Usurp the Sweat of a man, that is all they know.

Like Fela sang: Ahsewo nor be Work o. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ayo2004:

Okay,what is the man entitled to since he is the one that made that woman become a mother?All women know is I deserve this,I am entitled to this,you are supposed to give me this and that..even after the man's death

That point on the woman always helping the man build the properties and a successful woman being behind a successful man is rubbish.Wheb a wife achieve something (even though we all know it is from the finance and help from her husband),it's still you and other women that will be quick to label her an independent woman but if it's a man,you will say she helped build when in reality,women are the ones taking and taking from their husbands in different aspect

Stop saying nonsense
In Nigeria,it's never "I own you,you own me",for women,it is "what is yours is mine but what is mine is mine" in most cases and u know it
Do husbands and wives share equally among themselves?It is common knowledge that the woman are usually the ones taking so abeg,don't bring that here

U seem to be the one being bias
Marriage favours the woman and thats my point from the beginning even though I put it in a funny way
Marriage favours the both party... That is how God made it.... If not there will be no woman for a man and there will be no man for a woman. There are thousands of marriages in the world with smile, love and sincere care by both party. All you need to do is to refine yourself, work on yourself and your attitudes, and stay away from from negativities. All your weed taking celebrities advise on IG is really paying off... The more we continue to think, the less we know... Marriage is a natural law, and bro, we can not do nothing about it...
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by farem: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Women are always at the receiving end.... whether the man is dead or alive,na them our courts dey favor pass lipsrsealed

Receiving end? Do you know the meaning of the phrase going by your conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ayo2004: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Doradorwa:
Marriage favours the both party... That is how God made it.... If not there will be no woman for a man and there will be no man for a woman. All your weed taking celebrities advise on IG is really paying off... The more we continue to think, the less we know... Marriage is a natural law, and bro, we can not do nothing about it...
Bringing religion and God into a discussion makes no sense
How do u know I am not an atheist?
Please,give me logical reasons
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by peeps4u: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
Suspect33:
Women dey flex walahi

You divorce, she gets 50%

You die, she gets 50 - 100 % grin grin

The bolded is fallacy and not applicable in Nigerian law. Stop watching too many foreign movies
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ayo2004:

Bringing religion and God into a discussion makes no sense
How do u know I am not an atheist?
Please,give me logical reasons
Reread what I typed, immediately you get to the natural or nature law, kindly modify your post.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by casdgreat(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
They always win
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ayo2004: 11:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Doradorwa:
Reread what I typed, immediately you get to the natural or nature law, kindly modify your post.
Okay,I have seen it
Yeah,marriage is a natural law but if that is the only explanation you can give,I am glad many men are finally seeing how disadvantageous it is to them and not getting married anymore

Every man to his own tent then
It was nice conversing with you
You don't seem like one of those regular Nigerian girls who just talk jargons and you still manage to maintain a level of decency

Are u in your 30s
I definitely don't think you are U25
I am 18 by the way
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by smallsmall: 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
Aganju849:

The man didn't divorce his first wife and he never married Helen Prest, not even traditionally....I guess he did not leave a will

She is not his legal Wife and is not recognised at law, as his Wife because Matrimonial Act does not permit two legal wives.

But l suspect that the first Wife left him without a Divorce, he took-in this Helen Prest and he died intestate.
Some wicked Women do such moves (hibernate or move in with another lover without divorcing the husband), hoping the Husband will die quick and they will show face to claim property (for women, it is always about property and Gold-digging),

If that is the case, then Helen Prest deserves out of his leftovers

But the Man, like most Men, has a lot of blame:
1) If a Wife leaves you or you leave her, make sure you go through a legal Divorce and make it Absolut.

2) ALWAYS have a Will, dont wait till you think you are about to die grin Prepare a Will (even by yourself, no matter how poor you are), share your things the way you want it and lodge a Copy with the Probate Registry in your State's High Court

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by BarrElChapo(m): 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lolz... this battle still raging ? isn't this an abuse of court process being that there's a similar suit at the High Court of Lagos angry
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Lokojatoofar: 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
taiwolomo1:
It looks like men work and die for women sad
You people claim you are Africa men and as such are entitled to marry many women. Next moment after marrying your many women you start complaining about how you labour to provide for your broad family.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by smallsmall: 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
JohnSin97:

She's not just any side bitxh.....her father, born of a British father and itshekiri princess was Awolowo's deputy minister and was one of the top dawgs in itshekiri land, and she's also an ex-beauty queen. This judgement was foreseeable.

All these "Past Glory" have NADDA to do with the judgement, you people arent logical in the brain at all. angry

If she is not married to and bleeping a married Man, she is a Side-Biatch, End of Story.

Judge was just being sympathetic to her plight and the Judgement is not rooted in LAW.
The absconding Wife can actually challenge it in a Higher Court and will win....... but l hope she doesnt because l dont like her type profiting from her Evil ways
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Kubernetes: 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Suspect33:
Women dey flex walahi

You divorce, she gets 50%

You die, she gets 50 - 100 % grin grin

That's for court marriage.
In shariah law, she gets nothing in case of divorce
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ayo2004:

Okay,I have seen it
Yeah,marriage is a natural law but if that is the only explanation you can give,I am glad many men are finally seeing how disadvantageous it is to them and not getting married anymore

Every man to his own tent then
It was nice conversing with you
You don't seem like one of those regular Nigerian girls who just talk jargons and you still manage to maintain a level of decency

Are u in your 30s
I definitely don't think you are U25
I am 18 by the way
My dearest sir, there is no other way to explain marriage than the natural law. There are somw things that are not meant to be taught, just like a computer motherboard, those things are emblemed into our system right from time of birth. Just like a child knows that food is meant for the mouth and not the Anus, so is marriage. I'm a deist, I believe in God and I believe in the natural laws, that is the natural laws determine how the world rules out. This natural law, even Charles Darwin evolutionary theory can't explain them.

It was nice debating with you too.... Goodnight and remember age has nothing to do with knowledge... I'm 21

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by smallsmall: 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
BarrElChapo:
Lolz... this battle still raging ? isn't this an abuse of court process being that there's a similar suit at the High Court of Lagos angry

SIMILAR =/ SAME. undecided

But you cant trust all these Nigerian Judges, products of a corrupt System

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Kubernetes: 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
taiwolomo1:
It looks like men work and die for women sad

Even if the man lives till old age, the wealthy children spends more on the mother and give less to the father.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Hassanmaye(m): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=Sonnobax15 post=105625870] lipsrsealed
Women are always at the receiving end.... whether the man is dead or alive,na them our courts dey favor pass lipsrsealed[/
That's how most of them acquire property And money through a Man but never themselves
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Hassanmaye(m): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
A win for the olosho community. This is what Tonto dikeh wanted but she chop stone. She fall for Yahoo boys.
One lied that he was obasanjo son while the other kpokpogari was a gateman whose oga travelled abroad for 3 months, he use the opportunity flex tontoh dikeh for oga mansion.
Hahahhahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Rocks Open Chest Dress To #Yadadi12 Event (photo) / Toolz's Outfit To DJ Xclusive's All-white Party...you Like? / Yemi Alade replies follower who accused her of doing plastic surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.