Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets (44361 Views)

Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday (Pictures) / Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Husband’s Posthumous Birthday / New Look Of Helen Prest-Ajayi 41 Years After Winning Former Miss Nigeria In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Teespice(f): 12:07am On Sep 09, 2021
smallsmall:

Basically, this is what we call a JANKARA JUDGEMENT, the type Landlords use to employ, to remove stubborn tenants in those days.
The Suit was deliberately lodged against those that have "no interest" (locus standi) in pursuing the matter so and the yeyee Judge could not point that out, only to give a DEFAULT Judgement!

All these ExParte Motion Nigerian Judges sef. angry grin grin grin

How is this judgement jankarta judgment when the defendants were given an opportunity to defend themselves but didn't do so. Didn't you see that part of the ruling.

In your bid to sound woke, you ended up sounding ridiculous. One of the parties is the man's first wife who has locus standi but chose to sleep on her right to defend the matter.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Hassanmaye(m): 12:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Ayo2004:
The man died because of the financial slavery,emotional wahala ,stress and the problems of the woman and yet she still gets 50% of the property

Reminds me of when a woman coming out of her Porsche was asked her source of income and inspiration,she just laughed and said "I am married"

I would rather vote Buhari for third term than get married cheesy
Must we really Marry I can forthom why we Go work tired just for someone to acquire our property

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Empiree: 12:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Christistruth00:

Are Boko Haram and the Bandits Christians ?
shut the Bleep up and watch the lecture and educate yourself.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:50am On Sep 09, 2021
Doradorwa:
My dearest sir, there is no other way to explain marriage than the natural law. There are somw things that are not meant to be taught, just like a computer motherboard, those things are emblemed into our system right from time of birth. Just like a child knows that food is meant for the mouth and not the Anus, so is marriage. I'm a deist, I believe in God and I believe in the natural laws, that is the natural laws determine how the world rules out. This natural law, even Charles Darwin evolutionary theory can't explain them.

It was nice debating with you too.... Goodnight and remember age has nothing to do with knowledge... I'm 21

Your analysis are top notch.
One of the few traits I hardly come across on Nairaland.
I owe you a dinner outing cool. Kudos
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by JohnSin97: 12:55am On Sep 09, 2021
smallsmall:

All these "Past Glory" have NADDA to do with the judgement, you people arent logical in the brain at all. angry

If she is not married to and bleeping a married Man, she is a Side-Biatch, End of Story.

Judge was just being sympathetic to her plight and the Judgement is not rooted in LAW.
The absconding Wife can actually challenge it in a Higher Court and will win....... but l hope she doesnt because l dont like her type profiting from her Evil ways

Issokay.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by MemoriesAndMe: 12:55am On Sep 09, 2021
greenie77:
Then the man's children from earlier marriage and their mother get the remaining? sad
I think FG keeps the remaining. Thats what they always do.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by MemoriesAndMe: 12:59am On Sep 09, 2021
Newboss:
No background of the story. What happened that lead to the court case?
The man died.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by RodgersAkpafu: 1:03am On Sep 09, 2021
A lot of butthurt boys in comment section cheesy grin
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Women are always at the receiving end.... whether the man is dead or alive,na them our courts dey favor pass lipsrsealed
Not in all situations.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by engrfaruq(m): 1:35am On Sep 09, 2021
Suspect33:
Women dey flex walahi

You divorce, she gets 50%

You die, she gets 50 - 100 % grin grin

In Islamic inheritance, she stands no chance, everything is purely spelt out. She only gets 1/8 of your money, while a daughter gets half of what a son gets. That is it, and there's no changing that.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Bngf: 1:43am On Sep 09, 2021
Really
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by AAbuja: 1:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Men learn From other people's experience
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by descarado: 1:47am On Sep 09, 2021
We will get there
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by gnykelly(m): 1:51am On Sep 09, 2021
greenie77:
Then the man's children from earlier marriage and their mother get the remaining? sad

It's balance...na so Yoruba culture allowed... it's called idi-igi
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 09, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Your analysis are top notch.
One of the few traits I hardly come across on Nairaland.
I owe you a dinner outing cool. Kudos
I'm grateful for your kind words sir... Good morning
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 09, 2021
JohnSin97:

She's not just any side bitxh.....her father, born of a British father and itshekiri princess was Awolowo's deputy minister and was one of the top dawgs in itshekiri land, and she's also an ex-beauty queen. This judgement was foreseeable.

That is not even the case. Helen Prest is a Lawyer. The main issue is that Helen Prest herself has indirectly suffered similar fate emotionally, though not directly, but it pained her. She is a granddaughter of Sir Arthur Prest, a very wealthy man. Her brother, Michael Prest, a very wealthy man suffered similar fate in London in a divorce case running into millions of Pounds and properties. That was during Jonathan era. That case was very painful.

Chief Michael Prest will be somewhere now observing his sister's action at Court while ruminating over his own divorce case in London.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ikpongiton: 3:47am On Sep 09, 2021
greenie77:
yes oo,it is 50:50 per kitchen.no cheating.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ogbuu101: 4:09am On Sep 09, 2021
Newboss:

This makes zero sense.
That's Nigerian journalists for you
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by greenie77: 4:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Ikpongiton:
yes oo,it is 50:50 per kitchen.no cheating.

50:50 per kitchen. cheesy cheesy
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by vibratingpenis: 4:50am On Sep 09, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

You people claim you are Africa men and as such are entitled to marry many women. Next moment after marrying your many women you start complaining about how you labour to provide for your broad family.
Am an African man and I believe in marrying only one wife, and in so doing, naturally I'll work and die for her because I believe naturally that even if I die she won't abandon my children.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by HRMK: 5:05am On Sep 09, 2021
MORE REASON WHY OUR NIGERIAN WOMEN WILL ALWAYS GO FOR MONEYBAGS TO SECURE THEIR FUTURE!NOTHING LIKE TRUE LOVE ANYMORE!BUT,HAS THE FIRST WIFE NOT GOT HERSELF AND KIDS SHORTCHANGED THROUGH HER CARELESSNESS?THE COURT WAS SILENT ON HER SHARE OF THE PROPERTY!IS SHE GOING TO APPROACH THE COURT SEPERATELY TO SECURE HER RIGHTS TOO?WE WAIT AND SEE!
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by placeofallure(f): 5:30am On Sep 09, 2021
superior1:
I guess the woman who has been separated from the Doc for 35years now wants to come and claim entitlement. Thief

Exactly my thinking. She's not exactly a thief, but a whole 35 years! Damn! She's been away for too long. Being away for 35 years means that she wasn't there for most of his productive life. But it can't be erased that she was once part of his life so she should get something for her and her children.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by nokingasgod: 5:31am On Sep 09, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
A win for the olosho community. This is what Tonto dikeh wanted but she chop stone. She fall for Yahoo boys.
One lied that he was obasanjo son while the other kpokpogari was a gateman whose oga travelled abroad for 3 months, he use the opportunity flex tontoh dikeh for oga mansion.

You are wrong sir, unlike most slay mamas trading in Lagos, Helen Prest's got pedigree, decent, weighty pedigree, she's never a 'wannabe'!

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Tloc(m): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2021
Doradorwa:
That is why I said read slowly sir... The 2nd wife has been with the man since the last 35years... She deserves that 50% sir. And the so called slay queen might give birth to you.

They got married in 1996 and he died in 2020. Do the Math.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2021
Newboss:

This makes zero sense.

The man died. He was married to Yemisi who he divorced before marrying his current wife.

The current wife will get 50% of his assets while the first wife will get 50%
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by jacoik(m): 6:30am On Sep 09, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
A win for the olosho community. This is what Tonto dikeh wanted but she chop stone. She fall for Yahoo boys.
One lied that he was obasanjo son while the other kpokpogari was a gateman whose oga travelled abroad for 3 months, he use the opportunity flex tontoh dikeh for oga mansion.
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear guy, u for add wickedness join ur name na

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by jaxxy(m): 7:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Handsum64:

She is shameless to expect anything from the man she abandoned over 35 years

She had kids for him i guess that’s why.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by bigjackass: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2021
Doradorwa:
A lot of men did not bother to even read the news, just the headline and they are already vomiting their hates for women on this thread. Bloody misogynistics
I realized most men are bitter because they feel they are setting for less. They think they deserve better exotic women but they can't afford such women grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by bigjackass: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Must we really Marry I can forthom why we Go work tired just for someone to acquire our property
small pikin dey do you. You will understand life better when your testicles descend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Writes In Tongues On Majid Michel's Photo / Nigerian Celebrities Whose Marriages Have Stood The Test Of Time! / Elsie Okpocha Shows Off Her Perfumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.