Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets (44364 Views)

Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday (Pictures) / Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Husband’s Posthumous Birthday / New Look Of Helen Prest-Ajayi 41 Years After Winning Former Miss Nigeria In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by CanadaPR: 8:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
A win for the olosho community. This is what Tonto dikeh wanted but she chop stone. She fall for Yahoo boys.
One lied that he was obasanjo son while the other kpokpogari was a gateman whose oga travelled abroad for 3 months, he use the opportunity flex tontoh dikeh for oga mansion.

Most folks commenting didn't read.

50% was given Helen because the man's wife didn't appear in court to defend her case. In the absence of any opposition, court has to grant Helen's prayers. An olosho can never get 50% of a man's wealth legally as you claim if the wife is up to the case. Don't give slay queens false hope. If the wife decides to take the case further, this 50% judgment won't stand.

The judgment the court gave can be likened to an adult settling a dispute between 2 children. Let's say that childA says "the basket itself belongs to childB but I kept some of my mangoes in the basket". Then the adult invites both kids for a meeting to judge the case but childB who owns the basket refuses to attend the meeting.

Since childB who has an upper hand refuses to show up, the adult simply tells child A to take half of the mangoes in the basket. If childB later says that's not correct, the judgment will be overturned but pending when childB speaks up, childA enjoys 50%

I think you should modify your post so you don't give some baby mamas false hope

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Lokojatoofar: 9:35am On Sep 09, 2021
vibratingpenis:

Am an African man and I believe in marrying only one wife, and in so doing, naturally I'll work and die for her because I believe naturally that even if I die she won't abandon my children.
Nobody ask you to work and die for her. You both work and die for your children.
Marry a sane woman, learn to live amicably with her, support the family and live your life with fear of God. She also has her role to play as a wife and mother till death. If baba God take you early so be it, if he takes you later so be it.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Aganju849: 9:45am On Sep 09, 2021
smallsmall:

She is not his legal Wife and is not recognised at law, as his Wife because Matrimonial Act does not permit two legal wives.

But l suspect that the first Wife left him without a Divorce, he took-in this Helen Prest and he died intestate.
Some wicked Women do such moves (hibernate or move in with another lover without divorcing the husband), hoping the Husband will die quick and they will show face to claim property (for women, it is always about property and Gold-digging),

If that is the case, then Helen Prest deserves out of his leftovers

But the Man, like most Men, has a lot of blame:
1) If a Wife leaves you or you leave her, make sure you go through a legal Divorce and make it Absolut.

2) ALWAYS have a Will, dont wait till you think you are about to die grin Prepare a Will (even by yourself, no matter how poor you are), share your things the way you want it and lodge a Copy with the Probate Registry in your State's High Court

He deserted the wife, not the other way round.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2021
mfm04622:

Not to those that have been following the story from when the man died.

The man was married then separated (I am not sure the divorce was official). They had children. The man remarried. The man died. Old wife, children and family wanted to drive out new wife that she had only 1 daughter, that her marriage was illegal as the first marriage was not officially dissolved, etc. Sha, they didn't want to give her anything. She went to court, they other party didn't show up in court, so this judgement.
you are right. Some people are here talking rubbish without knowing the genesis of the problem. The man separated from the first wife about 35 years ago and he married the second wife afters 25 years of separation with the first wife. Because the First wife has a grown up children and she is a sister to Senator Mamora (current Minister of State for Health), they want to intimidate the second wife because she is from Delta and had only a daughter for the man. They even accused the woman of killing the man she was married to for over 10 years, they drove her out of her matrimonial home. The Woman that disappeared for over 35 years suddenly shown up and ceased the man corpse. Till now, the man is yet to be buried because of the greediness of the first wife.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Christistruth00: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Empiree:
shut the Bleep up and watch the lecture and educate yourself.

Rubbish
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Thinktwicemybro: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2021
CanadaPR:

Most folks commenting didn't read.

50% was given Helen because the man's wife didn't appear in court to defend her case. In the absence of any opposition, court has to grant Helen's prayers. An olosho can never get 50% of a man's wealth legally as you claim if the wife is up to the case. Don't give slay queens false hope. If the wife decides to take the case further, this 50% judgment won't stand.

The judgment the court gave can be likened to an adult settling a dispute between 2 children. Let's say that childA says "the basket itself belongs to childB but I kept some of my mangoes in the basket". Then the adult invites both kids for a meeting to judge the case but childB who owns the basket refuses to attend the meeting.

Since childB who has an upper hand refuses to show up, the adult simply tells child A to take half of the mangoes in the basket. If childB later says that's not correct, the judgment will be overturned but pending when childB speaks up, childA enjoys 50%

I think you should modify your post so you don't give some baby mamas false hope
True.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Hassanmaye(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
bigjackass:
small pikin dey do you. You will understand life better when your testicles descend
Bro I understand where you are going talking about old age, I will adopt a child, what about surrogacy like Ronaldo get enough money And enjoy my life. I'M from a big family what next
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Ndipe(m): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
For your information, the deceased was buried some months ago. The warring parties even came up with two different program that had two different year of birth of the deceased. According to news report, the one that the first wife had was the correct year of birth of the deceased. So tell me, how is it that Helen, despite being his companion for decades, did not know the real year of birth of the deceased?

Read the story here, https://www.theelitesng.com/dr-tosin-ajayi-intrigues-as-widows-reveal-different-dates-of-birth-of-husband/

Odidigboigbo:
you are right. Some people are here talking rubbish without knowing the genesis of the problem. The man separated from the first wife about 35 years ago and he married the second wife afters 25 years of separation with the first wife. Because the First wife has a grown up children and she is a sister to Senator Mamora (current Minister of State for Health), they want to intimidate the second wife because she is from Delta and had only a daughter for the man. They even accused the woman of killing the man she was married to for over 10 years, they drove her out of her matrimonial home. The Woman that disappeared for over 35 years suddenly shown up and ceased the man corpse. Till now, the man is yet to be buried because of the greediness of the first wife.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by abysirius(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
Now her eyes don clear shebi. Out women can deceive themselves sha. Dem go sey "Awon beleja yan" but now she can she how everything played out. Stay with ur husband and weather the rock with him, iro ni. They won't, thinking the other lady is her own babysitter (abi na husband sitter). Na sorry be her name. Let her manager anything wey dem remain for her.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by abysirius(m): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
Now her eyes don clear shebi. Our women can deceive themselves sha. Dem go sey "Awon beleja yan" but now she can she how everything played out. Stay with ur husband and weather the rock with him, iro ni. They won't, thinking the other lady is her own babysitter (abi na husband sitter). Na sorry be her name. Let her manage anything wey dem remain for her.
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by LuQuLuQu(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
A win for the olosho community. This is what Tonto dikeh wanted but she chop stone. She fall for Yahoo boys.
One lied that he was obasanjo son while the other kpokpogari was a gateman whose oga travelled abroad for 3 months, he use the opportunity flex tontoh dikeh for oga mansion.

grin grin grin
Re: Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets by Miller232: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:

I swear u be weyrey tonto dikeh just dey enter mud left right center

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

White Nigerian & His Family Meet AY Makun, Rock Super Eagles Jersey (Photo) / 'I Almost Poisoned My Brother Over 9ice And Ruggedman's Beef' - Instagram User / Mercy Johnson Boasts Of Speaking 7 Languages Fluently (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.