Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,847 members, 7,956,173 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT (24840 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Seeks El-Rufai's Probe Over Alleged ₦423 Billion Fraud / Akpabio writes National Assembly, denies saying lawmakers got NDDC contracts / Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Cyberterror: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
They are wasting their time. As long as the matter is in court, the national assembly won't touch it.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by pickatyoubackup: 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
I swear northerners are very desperate.
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Jaybee8181(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
It the rest southern governors refuse to join Lagos and Rivers in this fight then you know your enemy.
This is a north south fight now. North thinks Their resources is theirs but ones from other region should be shared... While they use build religious houses and and sponsor bandits

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by mfm04622: 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, they are free to go ahead if they can. If they should, then I will know that the southern governors are truly useless with the respective state houses also incapable.
This is a constitutional review, so it's beyond a case of simple majority, so let see how the fg and the north will go about it.

Southern Governors need that VAT as much as the Northern Governors! Only Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Ogun will get more from VAT if they collect themselves than the present arrangement.
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by DigitB: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Thanks to Wike. The little Hitler is not useless afterall.

When will the vegetable governor in Enugu follow suit?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by mfm04622: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Cyberterror:
They are wasting their time. As long as the matter is in court, the national assembly won't touch it.

Lol!!!!!

National Assembly can make laws that overrides established precedent set by court judgements! It is only cases that concerns the National Assembly they can't interfere in.
National Assembly makes law, the court interpretes, the Executive enforces the law

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Jaybee8181(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
It shows that the north is not slowing down anytime soon from exploitating the south.
Cheating cheating cheating mentality of a people.
Corrupt politicians from south knows this but would rather fill their own pockets and enslave their people.
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by InHeaven(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
I'm a Muslim and Yoruba, as long as you belittle Islam in issues that has to do with Southerners, we're and will always go against you. Learn to respect Islam.

What does the word malamization has to do with this? I'm a mualim-Malam-teacher and a Southerner
lalajnr:
See as aboki dey find all mix

Make southerners wise abeg we nor dey benefits anything than lost from this mallams we are more educated i thought undecided undecided undecided

We nor fit die like this we are the one bringing source of income in this country atlast we don't gain nothing our politicians still dey act like mumu give this aboki's them dey marginalize the mass WIKE and AKEREDOLU are the only governor we have in Southern Nigeria the rest mostly my State own

Say no to mallamization

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by sukieboy(f): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
tnerro1:
So the FIRS knows that VAT is not yet on the exclusive list and yet they want to challenge WIKE in court grin

So are they going to write a letter to the court of appeals to wait on pronouncing a verdict on the matter so the National Assembly can add it to the exclusive list grin

Quota system has really destroyed this country

The Rivers State lawyer should get a copy of this letter to show the court of appeal that VAT is not on the exclusive list and it is now the FIRS are seeking for it to be added.

After this, the next battle for the south should be STATE POLICE and thankGod Osinbajo and the south west supports this STATE POLICE.

The south should relax, you see this “ ONE NIGERIA “ las las, na we go enjoy am pass grin

Next is excise duties. The manufacturing concern are in the States but the Nigeria customs collects excise duties and puts it in the federation account for Yobe state the manufacturers terrorist to share while Ogun state that bears the highest burden takes little.

Once the economic weaning is done, the FG will not be able to operate a national police force of the current size , so the FG will begs the states to take policing work while FG retains the military. Shekina.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by OlujobaSamuel: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
mfm04622:

Southern Governors need that VAT as much as the Northern Governors! Only Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Ogun will get more from VAT if they collect themselves than the present arrangement.
Then they should sit up and work harder.
I'm from one of the less viable state in the south (Osun), although live in Lagos, if not for indiscriminate debt incurred by last administration, there are so many potentials to work on so as to increase the igr and in extension, vat of the state.
Another state that also need to sit up is Oyo, Oyo and Ogun should be dragging in respect to igr, while Ogun is doing averagely well, Oyo is too poor compared to its potential.
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Myself2(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Na desperation go kill whoever wrote that letter in the name of FIRS.

Bloody sharia-twisted leeches and parasites

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by mfm04622: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Then they should sit up and work harder.
I'm from one of the less viable state in the south (Osun), although live in Lagos, if not for indiscriminate debt incurred by last administration, there are so many potentials to work on so as to increase the igr and in extension, vat of the state.
Another state that also need to sit up is Oyo, Oyo and Ogun should be dragging in respect to igr, while Ogun is doing averagely well, Oyo is too poor compared to its potential.

If you check, IGR if Ogun State dropped since this new governor was sworn in. I don't understand what is going on!
However, there is no way Oyo should be able to compete with Ogun on IGR if both are serious. Ogun has the advantage of being closer to Lagos and Oyo. Companies in Ogun can effectively service citizens in both Lagos and Oyo state. If a business set up in Oyo, it will cost more to take goods to Lagos, so they mostly serve only Oyo residents. And we all know Lagos is where the money is! So either stay in Lagos or Ogun.
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Lightorder: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
lalajnr:
See as aboki dey find all mix

Make southerners wise abeg we nor dey benefits anything than lost from this mallams we are more educated i thought undecided undecided undecided

We nor fit die like this we are the one bringing source of income in this country atlast we don't gain nothing our politicians still dey act like mumu give this aboki's them dey marginalize the mass WIKE and AKEREDOLU are the only governor we have in Southern Nigeria the rest mostly my State own

Say no to mallamization

MALLAMIZATION kwa? Google, hope you are taking note
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by APCHaram: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
Parisian:
Then they should kiss Biafra goodbye forever as it will only comprise of their 5 SE... Meaning more word for them.

That is why I have since told them to fck off.

Ask yourself why Igbos are never clamoring for a return to true fiscal federalism.

The answer being they created this Marxist central government for their own greed and tribal ambitions.

Tell them to stick to their 5 contiguous Igbo states and they will recoil like centipedes.

Their Biafra can not exist without annexing the Niger Delta and since they can't achieve this they decided to pull the ultimate full retardo move by staging a coup and ushering a Marxist Igbo dictatorship.

The Fulani learnt from Igbo greed and stupidity.

It will shock you to know that just a handful of Igbo politicians, so-called elite and businessmen are opposing Buhari. 99.9% of them are always flocking to Aso Rock to see Buhari for favors. Recall Fr Mbaka and his contract lobbying?

These people are the real leaches and they will show their colors again with this VAT bill being proposed by the FIRS.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Coldie(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
ERockson:
The north will even survive the bankruptcy than you guys that want Biafra with only mouth but can channel it, through your governors and National Assembly members from your region
Y are u crying more than the bereaved see o.

Cry cry baby

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by stephenonyx(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lovenorth:
Useless Ipob terrorists will soon jump on this thread and say rubbish as usual

To whom brain is given

Sense is required
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
It's just painful......

Rivers generated N15bn in June 2021 but got N4.7bn but “Kano produced N2.8bn in June but Kano also got N2.8bn. Sometimes you don’t want to believe these things exist”.

I support states clamouring for this ....FG should obey the constitution

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Guyman02: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
yemmight:
Unfortunately, i don't trust the sit down and look mumulike people we have @ National Assembly. They might approve this.
It's a constitutional amendment issue, all the state assemblies will agree before it can be passed, it's not an executive order Bill

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by 4four(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, they are free to go ahead if they can. If they should, then I will know that the southern governors are truly useless with the respective state houses also incapable.
This is a constitutional review, so it's beyond a case of simple majority, so let see how the fg and the north will go about it.
more than 50% of southern governors will support this bill because most of them are receiving more than what is being generated from their state and they are mentally lazy to work on their revenue
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by dasparrow: 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Northern politicians getting really jittery and desperate I see. No going back on this VAT issue. Rivers State VAT for Rivers State. Period!

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by lalajnr(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lightorder:
MALLAMIZATION kwa? Google, hope you are taking note
sharrap mallam did I tell you that's an English word
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by lalajnr(m): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
InHeaven:
I'm a Muslim and Yoruba, as long as you belittle Islam in issues that has to do with Southerners, we're and will always go against you. Learn to respect Islam.

What does the word malamization has to do with this? I'm a mualim-Malam-teacher and a Southerner
I'm sorry I don't know oga Mallam I thought that's a Fulani word
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by azikiweironsi(m): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
Any Southern reps that agreed to the amendment should just kiss his constituency goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by chloride6: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Parisian:
Pls kindly explain this to me.

You need Presidential assent, Majority of the lower and upper house as well as 24 state house of assembly to amend the constitution...
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Prosperous111(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
MyExpression:

Yes, only via CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW...the constitution is sovereign.

Okay. Thanks for that
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Christistruth00: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
chloride6:
Thunder fire you....

Do you have the seats...

24 of 36 house of assemblies...

People of Southern Nigeria hold your Governors well by the throat this is the loophole in the Constitution that will produce the Meal ticket you prayed for for decades and that your Great Grandchildren will always bless you for for Generations till Jesus comes back

The VAT refund due from the Federal Government can turn Southern Nigeria into another Switzerland

As long as the People of Imo State hold Hope Uzodinma well this is the Joker Card Papa God Almighty has given the South

The VAT refunds due from the Federal Government since 1999 is enough to turn Southern Nigeria into another Switzerland

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by seunayantokun(m): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
mfm04622:

Even with that, it is the best way to go. Everybody will sit up. Agriculture, education, etc can generate enough revenue to the extent that we'll have to forget oil revenue, if every state government does the right thing. There will also be a reduction in free money for terrorists. All that we need is security of lives and property, and the story will change. The next step is state police and state prison/correctional services.
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by OlujobaSamuel: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
mfm04622:

If you check, IGR if Ogun State dropped since this new governor was sworn in. I don't understand what is going on!
However, there is no way Oyo should be able to compete with Ogun on IGR if both are serious. Ogun has the advantage of being closer to Lagos and Oyo. Companies in Ogun can effectively service citizens in both Lagos and Oyo state. If a business set up in Oyo, it will cost more to take goods to Lagos, so they mostly serve only Oyo residents. And we all know Lagos is where the money is! So either stay in Lagos or Ogun.
Ogun might be having comparative advantage as a result of proximity, but Oyo can still leverage on its industrial prowess, especially on agriculture. It needs to find how to capture employees of companies in her industrial estates in its tax net.
Also, most agbero money are not properly remitted, the state should learn from Lagos on how to manage such remittance.
What Lagos is getting in terms of transport levies no be small change, Oyo should be next considering the population moving through different part of the state on daily basis
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Onepeople: 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
I said it ealier to enforce some changes, it must come from the minority region, if majority try what wike is doing today their will be war i swear .
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
babaolofin:

The States are the legal custodian of VAT in US and other places. If FIRS reduces staff and States that bear the burden that generated the VAT have more money for infrastructure, is that not good? This is why they are against restructuring and secession.

But we are not in the United states but in Nigeria with different laws

River states get 13% of oil money profits plus allocation from federal government, what infrastructures have they built?
Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Blitzerz: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Just watch how this VAT matter go run dem down.

No more money to buy guns for bandits.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT by Blitzerz: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

But we are not in the United states but in Nigeria with different laws

River states get 13% of oil money profits plus allocation from federal government, what infrastructures have they built?
That's not the issue.

The issue right now is to eliminate parasites.
One by one, all issues will be dealt with

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano Wins APGA Anambra North Senatorial Primary / Be Patient, Tinubu’s Daughter Urges Nigerians Over Hardship / APC Members Rain Insults On Obaseki At An Event For Calling Them Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.