Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. (47359 Views)

COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by NotoriousBiggyS: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=Matheusmartin post=105651172] In all, those that were not born are the luckiest,why those that died immediately they were born are the second luckiest..

[/quot

Hmmm word by Job in the bible

3 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by realestate99: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
“ There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.

Patrick Rothfuss.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by mashad(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
DropsMic:
Mine was my big nephew in 2007

Very handsome fair dude. Baba lived with us until 2004 when he travelled to Ogun state in his own words to go and hustle so my dad gave him some money and we all bade him farewell

Three years later when i was playing football, a mad man walked into our field so we had to pause for him to pass' but there was something about this particular madman he was so familiar so i just kept staring at him. thst was when it clicked.. No be John (not his name) be this. To be sure i wasn't mistaken i hurriedly walked past him and stopped at his front to get a very good look and then i confirmed it again. It was John. My knees almost gave out, i couldn't even go back to the field i just went somewhere to wait for my guys to finish playing so we could all walk home.

When the match ended my friends joined me and we all strolled to our various homes. On getting to my house i met our door wide open, when i went in guess who i saw sleeping on our couch.. Omo the story long eh.

This life just get as e dey

Please complete the story

5 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by ppogba: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
The rate at which young men do drugs these days is scary.So sad

Scary is an understatement.
Unfortunately, youths these days now see the use of drugs as what they use to open eyes!

If per adventure you get to meet professionals in that sector and they give you facts and figures, you go fear for this country.

From, Arizona to Omi- gutter, na learners even dey take Igbo these days.

5 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by mauchiz: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
The only way to help him, is to take him to psychiatric hospital Rumuigbo, Port harcourt.
They will give him injections, if it is drug, they will treat him.
I had a friend that went there, she is fine now, but uses psychiatric drugs.
Madness is a physical sickness, that can be treated like malaria also.
Although most of them are spiritual, but it can be treated with English drugs.
Just give it a try.

10 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by legba1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
Marvis case is just too similar to mine buddy case, Afor. we attended primary and secondary school together in Ogun State......He got into school late 90s...joined bad gang and almost got me into trouble....

Here's his story. ....

We grew up in same neighborhood, infarct his oldman share same trade as mine. we were good friends. then he left for kwara state poly while i stayed back in UNAAB .
That weekend ,he came home and ask that i travel to lagos to buy non tested stereo at ladipo. luckily for us we got a good buy and returned home that friday. so we set up the dec in his room and i was almost slleping off when he asked that i see him off to somewhere.
we took okada and got to a particular junction,there where like 12 other guys waiting for him. the way he greeted those guys struck me. they where cultists. the leader was not cool with me being around so i was sent off fast. i headed back to Afor room and met our food served. i ate and slept off.
Next morning, i woke up and noticed my friend didnt return home. i greeted the dad and tookoff for my papa house like 8 houses away. i was washing like 3 hours later when Afor mama came calling asking me to produce Afor. she was making a hell of noise and creating a scene. heres what happened, Afor and his goons attacked someone and the fellow was shot. he ran away but one of his gang was arrested, he brought the police to Afor house,on meeting his absence the oldman was taken away. So the mama asked that i produce Afor, I had difficulty explainign to my papa why i didnt come home to sleep since i was in the neighborhood. He was later arrested while i fled area . Afor spent some months in custody,that God him papa hold change small.

i didnt see him for like 3 years after. the day we finally met, he was MAD........as in deranged, insane....i stood strucked. he walked past me mumbling,with dirty tattered attire. Since that 2003 we never met again

16 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
ppogba:

Unfortunately, youths these days now see the use of drugs as what they use to open eyes!

If per adventure you get to meet professionals in that sector and they give you facts and figures, you go fear for this country.

We have so many of them on this forum,the way they even go about it in their comments as if its a normal thing is scary.It's as if they ain't aware of it's consequence.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by hotseat: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
Op, that's the way life goes!

Who knows tomorrow?

Many will be quick to pass the guy off as a certified drug addict even without carrying out any medical test on him.

Mental disorders can occur due to several factors especially with the present economic realities in the country.

Like someone would say "many are mad but few roam the streets".

Now, ordinary garri for guys to soak make dem take hold bodi, don turn to rich man food.

How people no go craze?

7 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Ilovezzor: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Someone already concluded that drugs caused his mental illness.

What if Marvis involved himself in some ritual to make quick money and it back fire, what if it was depression, what if Marvis was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

What if someone made Marvis mad.

I always say this, many mentally ill patients that are roaming the streets will be well if they are giving psychiatric treatment.
The Government should do something to help mentally ill patients

May God heal Marvis and send helper his way

Sincerely family members and friends of such people are to blame most times

Last time i visited ikorudu in lagos my lil cousin told me about his secondary school principal child who is mentally unstable and instead of been taken to the hospital he was let out of the house sometime daily to roam and feed from dustbins.

Like who does that?

Alot of mentally sick people had thier illnesses from natural cause but family member in this country never see it that way first, its always village people.

8 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Tranquility2345: 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ecbatana:
You'd do well as a writer OP, your story's ending is laced with gloom. Probably there were hints of him tilting towards insanity but was ignored by those close to him till it spiraled out of control. It could have happened as a result of some deliberate action(s) of his, orchestrated by foe or inherited from bloodline. May he find cure!

You believe what that pro wrote up there? That’s a mod or writer wey dey write for mods. Very fake story angry

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by clockwisereport: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
ppogba:

There is another one they call Jegemi( Datura Metel). That one na die.

Methamphetamine(ice or meth) is another one

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by shegun4sur: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Drugs should be the number one culprit

The amount of loud and Mali people smoke in Lagos. You'd be wondering if their brain is made of metal.

Then you with your church mind, will just try to taste it once. Just once.

Your engine go knock pata-pata
My advice for young people - never pick up new vices. If playing video games is your vice, stick to it.

Better to quit that vice than to add a new one.

Because that new one you're starting from level 1, and most times level 1 is where all the wrong things happen.

Haba
I wan taste that loud
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by antimason(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
dvdwed:
It is sad you couldn't help.

This is why we all must be anointed.
The anointing makes us very useful in life.

Last week robbers stole a bike from a neighbour, as soon as I got there, I told him he will see it and recover it, it came to pass in 2 hrs.

Bro go get anointing, let God use you to chase devils back to base.
Oga leave anointing outta the equation. Na try your luck you do, congrats say E fall put
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Jamestown123: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
lilvicky68:
If him never enter market.. he can still be cured..
Guy how does this work?
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Jamestown123: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

The amount of loud and Mali people smoke in Lagos. You'd be wondering if their brain is made of metal.

My advice for young people - never pick up new vices. If playing video games is your vice, stick to it.

Because that new one you're starting from level 1, and most times level 1 is where all the wrong things happen.
I swear u must be very stupid. You just wrote sh1t just because you want to get likes. You haven't gotten such experience that's why you talking trash. We are in a very hash and jealous country, where if you make any little progress not many people are happy about it. Pray it doesn't happen to any of ur close relations who doesn't smoke or do drugs, then you will really see how hash we can be in the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Silentgroper(m): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
Matheusmartin:
In all, those that were not born are the luckiest,why those that died immediately they were born are the second luckiest..

deep.

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by ppogba: 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
clockwisereport:

There is another one they call Jegemi( Datura Metel). That one na die.

Methamphetamine(ice or meth) is another one

That Omi- gutter or nmiri- gutter na baba just like coleman cable.

It is a combination of 5 different components.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Michael820(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
Matheusmartin:
In all, those that were not born are the luckiest,why those that died immediately they were born are the second luckiest..

You reminded me of the “trouble with been born” by Emil Cioran… living is suffering

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by poiZon: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
lilvicky68:
No be all market dey finalise madness o.
Market square na still market, but if madman enter there, e fit still get configuration
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by TechCapon(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
DropsMic:
Mine was my big nephew in 2007

Very handsome fair dude. Baba lived with us until 2004 when he travelled to Ogun state in his own words to go and hustle so my dad gave him some money and we all bade him farewell

Three years later when i was playing football, a mad man walked into our field so we had to pause for him to pass' but there was something about this particular madman he was so familiar so i just kept staring at him. thst was when it clicked.. No be John (not his name) be this. To be sure i wasn't mistaken i hurriedly walked past him and stopped at his front to get a very good look and then i confirmed it again. It was John. My knees almost gave out, i couldn't even go back to the field i just went somewhere to wait for my guys to finish playing so we could all walk home.

When the match ended my friends joined me and we all strolled to our various homes. On getting to my house i met our door wide open, when i went in guess who i saw sleeping on our couch.. Omo the story long eh.

This life just get as e dey
guy abeg finish this story because e be like say e sweet grin

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Blackdisciple(m): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
In summary what happened
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by pacespot(m): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
It is very terrible seeing someone you've come across in your life journey in such condition. It is heart wrenching to say the least. Such experience can inadvertently instigate a feeling of incomplete in oneself. Hope the guy can find a help he needs. Some people are going through a lot in this life but will never ask for a help due to their previous experience. People don't actually feel others' pains in this country, but they want to partake in one's fortunes.

3 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Winters23: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

My only vice is phucking Oloshos, can't even think of anything else to add
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by ogaemma: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
Matheusmartin:

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by MufasaLion: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Damn! I got nothing to say.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by clockwisereport: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
ppogba:

That Omi- gutter or nmiri- gutter na baba just like coleman cable.

It is a combination of 5 different components.

Hmmm. I never hear about that one or better still, I never see where people dey take am.

I just checked it out. It consists of tramadol, codeine, rohypnol, Indian hemp and cocaine.

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by ElBenny(m): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Chairman, market dey make the thing worse? �
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by omoharry(f): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
lilvicky68:
Which one be market again? angry grin > grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.